Filing Procedure Help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Loretta in Lawnside, New Jersey

96 months ago

A part of our job that everyone dreads is filing. How do you handle email filing? My boss does a lot of work via email, and I currently have over 1300 messages that need to be printed (many with attachments) that need to be filed. I also have an alphabetical folder for other filing. He wants everything printed, put into date order, and put into the file. There is just no way to keep up with this. Does anyone have any other ideas, this is really getting out of hand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donie in Oakland, California

95 months ago

You poor dear!! I had that same experience with my ex-boss when she wanted certain case-related emails printed out daily...if not hourly...and I just about lost my mind. I actually ended up having to tell her I would be printing them as often as possible but definitely not daily since I was hopping mad with other rushes, projects and the like....she was not happy but we didn't care for each other anyhow so it ended up making no difference to me how she felt with her pushy attitude....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lorettakw in Malvern, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

Loretta in Lawnside, New Jersey said: A part of our job that everyone dreads is filing. How do you handle email filing? My boss does a lot of work via email, and I currently have over 1300 messages that need to be printed (many with attachments) that need to be filed. I also have an alphabetical folder for other filing. He wants everIf you havent figured a system yet. your computer will keep them ibn date order, but if two systems are necessary, accordian files a-z will work for filing by case na,=me or by the sendwer's nameything printed, put into date order, and put into the file. There is just no way to keep up with this. Does anyone have any other ideas, this is really getting out of hand.

'
If you havent figured a system yet, your computer will keep them in date order, but if two systems are necessary, accordian files a-z with manila iner will work for filing by case name or by the sender's name and manila filea marked bymthe month can hold them ibn date order. If you have a legal database such as Pro Law or Needles, the emails can be copied to each case where you log mail or case correspondence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Corp Legal Secretary in Suwanee, Georgia

58 months ago

Do you also keep electronic files? If so, there are a couple of ways you could store the emails. Create subfolders within Personal or Public Folders in Outlook and arrange by matter/date/subject - whatever may seem most relevant. Only thing is to ensure you have enough memory available. Another alternative is creating a folder within your computer. You should be able to save the emails to a desktop folder, and then even copy this to a CD or other external media.
Hope this helps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.