When legal secretarial jobs are disappearing, you know things are getting bad.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 220)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

FEEL USED in Florissant, Missouri

64 months ago

Has anyone worked for a Commercial Real Estate Attorney? Can you tell what you would do, workwise, for them? There is a commercial real estate attorney looking for a secretary. Although I have never worked for one in this field I would certainly like to give it a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda McKinley in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

Why does this forum not show any new comments for months and then show a bunch of new comments that supposedly were all made 5 months or 9 months ago? Then it stops showing new comments again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

Are you sure you have moved to the Page: (from 1 2 3 to the last page).

No one is making any comments, mostly, well, because our situations have not changed, and it really is just too depressing and desolate to come back here and realize how bad things are.

Things are bad.

63 months ago

That's true. I have had 1 interview with an attorney since April. Won't know anything until mid week and of course it is in a field that I have no experience in. He wants a right hand man so to speak but wants to pay $30,000 with possible health insurance only. I also have an interview Tuesday with the State, who will pay $22,000 but offer health, dental, 401(k), paid holidays, sick days. Would rather work with the State. Jobs are only getting worse as more people are getting laid off, fired or business closing. When do we all say "I am mad as hell and not going to take it any longer"? What do you do when you no longer have health benefits?

Mary A in Florissant, Missouri

63 months ago

I hear you. I haven't had an interview with an attorney in a year. Now they want "recent" experience, which leaves me out, since I haven't worked for an attorney in almost 2 years. I am temping for Schnucks for $9.50 an hour which is half of what I was making. If I can hold out until February I can get on full time at Schnucks. That IS, if I can hold out long enough. Also doing some tutoring for $10.00 an hour, but even when the government pays for it, we have to give the kids snacks and the parents are too lazy to bring the kids or bring them 45 minutes late. I feel like the 7/11.

murmaid11@aol.com in Studio City, California

63 months ago

I've read all of your comments. I too was laid off from a law firm. They called it a lay off, but they said hurtful things to while doing the lay off. I am 62 and very experienced in litigation. I've taken many workshops and keeping up and improving for over 20 years. I've taken art classes to try and get out of the legal field, but now I can't afford them, so I'm in such a dilema. I do have unemployment benefits and a very small savings and will be able to retire when I'm 66. I can retire now, but would not get enough to live on, even at 66. There are so many people in this predicament. But I'm believing in God to help me find a job. I have a friend who is 67 and still working as a legal secretary. I will pray for all of us to be able to find a good job. I will pray for all of you to have good health and prosperity. God Bless You all. Love, from another legal secretary. Oh and by the way I just signed up with Robert Half Agency a week ago, and they have not called one once. I'm signed up with about 5 other agencies, and they have not call me and the last month. Luckily I had had 2 other temp positions and set my own hourly rate and have stayed afloat with those jobs (I was referred by friends). And I believe that was from God. My God Bless YOU.

63 months ago

murmaid11@aol.com in Studio City, California said: I've read all of your comments. I too was laid off from a law firm. They called it a lay off, but they said hurtful things to while doing the lay off. I am 62 and very experienced in litigation. I've taken many workshops and keeping up and improving for over 20 years. I've taken art classes to try and get out of the legal field, but now I can't afford them, so I'm in such a dilema. I do have unemployment benefits and a very small savings and will be able to retire when I'm 66. I can retire now, but would not get enough to live on, even at 66. There are so many people in this predicament. But I'm believing in God to help me find a job. I have a friend who is 67 and still working as a legal secretary. I will pray for all of us to be able to find a good job. I will pray for all of you to have good health and prosperity. God Bless You all. Love, from another legal secretary. Oh and by the way I just signed up with Robert Half Agency a week ago, and they have not called one once. I'm signed up with about 5 other agencies, and they have not call me and the last month. Luckily I had had 2 other temp positions and set my own hourly rate and have stayed afloat with those jobs (I was referred by friends). And I believe that was from God. My God Bless YOU.

I wouldn't work for Robert Half or any other legal agency as they do not help out the legal secretaries. If you read some of the other replies they tell you of their bad experiences with them. Why don't you go to the California Bar Association and see what kind of jobs they have to offer. Here in Missouri they have some jobs listed and help get you some interviews - well at least one.

63 months ago

I'm signed up with Robert Half Legal too. I have had one temp job in almost 2 years. They replaced me in that when my dad died and I took a couple of days off. They actually called the DAY of the funeral and told me not to go back. They have NO interest in us. We are MEAT. Their interests are with the employers only. I don't even bother calling them anymore--unless I just want to aggravate them. LOL

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

63 months ago

It's not that the temp agencies have no interest in the workers. Always keep in mind, their client is the person paying for them; and they are going to bend over backwards to keep their client happy because they want repeat business. It may be incredibly ignorant at times, but that is the way it is.

When your dad died, all their client heard from RH was that you were not available; the client wanted a body to do a job, so when you were not available, RH sent another body. When you are temp, never expect to be treated like a long time employee.

63 months ago

Yeah, but it doesn't stop them from being poor excuses for human beings.

dh in Northern CA, California

63 months ago

murmaid11@aol.com in Studio City, California said: I've read all of your comments. I too was laid off from a law firm. They called it a lay off, but they said hurtful things to while doing the lay off. I am 62 and very experienced in litigation. I've taken many workshops and keeping up and improving for over 20 years. I've taken art classes to try and get out of the legal field, but now I can't afford them, so I'm in such a dilema. I do have unemployment benefits and a very small savings and will be able to retire when I'm 66. I can retire now, but would not get enough to live on, even at 66. There are so many people in this predicament. But I'm believing in God to help me find a job. I have a friend who is 67 and still working as a legal secretary. I will pray for all of us to be able to find a good job. I will pray for all of you to have good health and prosperity. God Bless You all. Love, from another legal secretary. Oh and by the way I just signed up with Robert Half Agency a week ago...

Robert Half is a scam. You go in there, meet the recruiters, and they make you feel hopeful by telling you that they are going to call several of their employer/clients on your behalf and to call them the following day so that they can tell you what they found out. When you follow up with them, they're impossible to reach and don't return calls. Whoever answers the phone will not allow you to hold if "He's on another call." They do no searching for you whatsoever. The more people they have in their pool from which to choose when job orders come in, the more likely they are to have someone who is qualified to do that job. With so many people desperate for work, agencies are undoubtedly inundated, giving them even more people to fill the pool from which to choose for a smaller number of job orders that are coming in.

I had this experience w R.Half long BEFORE the economy went bad and unemployment was so high. I will NEVER go to an agency again. They waste tim

murmaid11@aol.com in Studio City, California

63 months ago

It sure does seem like they waste my time. I had gotten my last job through an agency, but that same agency hasn't done anything for me after I got laid off. While I was temping the were calling me all the time to see if I was interested in another temp job, but I think they do this just to see if you left your temp job, then that way they can try to call the place you are working at to see if they need other people. It's just their way of finding opening and seeing if you left yet. They are desperate also. I can't believe how much they test you. I'm so tired of them too. You would think that if they are practicing age discrimination, that they would get cautch. I have a couple of friends who did get their jobs a few months ago through a job agency, but she had been at her last job for about 7 years. She is 64. Go figure.

63 months ago

Oh yeah, and if one of the other recruiters has a possible job for you, you're supposed to drop everything and go see them. I was temping at a place for them and called about an ad. She said I would have to come down and see her. I told her I was already registered with them. She said "yes, but I don't know you." I told her I was temping and was not taking off for 10 minutes with her and to ask Christi or Carrie or Suzie or Debbie or whoever (it seemed it changed every other day. Even if I had the day off, it is 20 miles one way to go see them. Nuh uh. I tried to use them years ago on another temp to perm job. I told them the salary I wanted and they put me in a job that made an offer, but it was $8,000 less than I was making--and that was in GOOD times. I also think about 2/3 of their ads are fake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

There have been a lot of discussions why recruiters place fake ads.

One is they have already paid for the space. They need to fill it. They can just cut and paste the old, so it doesn't cost more money.

Another is they want to look like they are doing really well if the competition is looking.

Another is they want to place such great adds, that all the unemployed come to them - so they have a good selection of candidates for their clients.

63 months ago

JAC in San Antonio, Texas said: The only thing that separates San Antonio from Mexico, is just the name of the country. Texas may as well be made a state of Mexico. We cater to that country, kiss their &@#, give them free medical care, and what do the United States citizens get? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I really hate to disagree with you but free medical care? We also give poor white people free medical care if they need it. People on welfare and those without it always go to the emergency room if they need medical treatment.

63 months ago

Mary in Florissant, Missouri said: Talk about networking--I belong to the Spanish Lake Community Association--as well s the Citizens' Police Academy Alumni Association. They recently held a youth fair and I went up to help. Met a lady who has a tutoring company (starting up) through Applied Scholastics. I am doing her clerical work and her 501(c)(3) application freebies--she is teaching me to be a tutor freebies. When I get done I can make $25 to $35 an hour tutoring kids--NO MORE LAWYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Aren't you working at Schnucks anymore?

63 months ago

I think that we are all in agreement that working with Agencies just doesn't cut it. When you read in the paper about how to do resumes, or what to do on an interview, etc. and you do all this and still nothing. Lawyers take advantage of everyone, even their clients. The firm I worked for, these lawyers use to talk of how stupid their clients were and how they hated to talk with them. Sometimes they ignored their phone calls. All they are interested in is the all mighty dollar and for themselves not for their staff. I am looking for a job - any job at this point. Something that will help me pay my bills. I don't want to collect unemployment anymore as it is just not enough. I feel like the last firm I worked with put a black ball against me. Even the lady at the bar association said she thinks that might have happened.

Mary A in Saint Louis, Missouri

63 months ago

Yes I am. The tutoring has kind of fallen through. We were supposed to get a number of SES kids from Riverview and Hazelwood. We got 3 from Riverview who couldn't be bothered to show up even though it was free for them, and none from Hazelwood.

Mary A in Saint Louis, Missouri

63 months ago

Were you at Evans & Dixon? LOL That's where I was. They are not supposed to blackball you, but they all do.

63 months ago

Was with The Lowenbaum Partnership in Clayton. A friend said that Brown & James is looking for 2 secretaries. If you are interested, contact Donna Howard at the firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

What does that mean?

63 months ago

Having already downed a few power drinks, she turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said, 'Listen here good looking, I screw anybody, any time, anywhere, your place, my place, in the car, front door, back door, on the ground, standing up, sitting down, naked or with clothes on, dirty, clean . . . it doesn't matter to me. I've been doing it ever since I got out of college and I just love it.

Eyes now wide with interest, he responded,
'No kidding. I'm a lawyer too.
What firm are you with?'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Very good. It fits perfect with all lawyers. Thank you Mary for making me smile.

63 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Having already downed a few power drinks, she turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said, 'Listen here good looking, I screw anybody, any time, anywhere, your place, my place, in the car, front door, back door, on the ground, standing up, sitting down, naked or with clothes on, dirty, clean . . . it doesn't matter to me. I've been doing it ever since I got out of college and I just love it.

Eyes now wide with interest, he responded,
'No kidding. I'm a lawyer too.
What firm are you with?'

I came across this quote recently:

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." Peter Drucker

This is something attys don't get.

63 months ago

Ain't it the truth? The firm I was with did Workers Comp defense. AIG was their big client and they were ripping them off right and left. I thought about calling AIG and blowing the whistle. This was about the time it came out that AIG was ripping everybody else off. Go figure. The attorneys would go over to Comp with half a dozen cases on the docket (one trip) and then billing SIX TIMES for the same trip instead of dividing it up. Multiply that by 10 or more lawyers a day 5 days a week--well, you can guess how they made their money.

63 months ago

About billing six times for one trip - that is the industry standard. An airplane trip, split into three different stops, is billed between the clients.

We all realize that attorneys are the ultimate salesmen in the legal field.

62 months ago

I have been contacted by BAMSL regarding a job. I have worked in the field of Labor & Employment all my life. This job is saying they prefer someone with Commercial and Asbestos litigation. Why would she even send my resume to them unless she is just trying to get a commission no matter what it is. I don't understand that. I told her I would give it a shot, but doubt they would be interested. But she replied "litigation is litigation".

62 months ago

She may have sent your resume for her own work benefit - she had to do so many phone calls, so many contacts, set up interviews, etc. You may be helping her to get her quota.

On the other hand, if you are collecting unemployment, and you don't go to the interview, she may contact unemployment and create problems for you.

62 months ago

That may be true. I never thought of that. Yes, I am collecting unemployment as it is the only way I can pay my bills right now. I just wish that I could find something. They look at the resume and say "hey, she has no experience except with being a secretary." If I could get my foot in the door it would help. Have you found a job yet?

62 months ago

Hellll no, I haven't found no job yet!!! I'm now officially 52.

I am doing substitute teaching ($9.58 an hour). This week I just started tutoring ($20.00 an hour). I'm hoping it works out.

Yesterday I went and got registered for the alternative teacher program. (I have passed and have a Letter of Eligibility for English 6-12 and Elementary Education). I have to send my paperwork to my Florida WIA contact. I am anticipating the State will pay for the program.

At this point, my Plan X (after A, B, C???) is to sell my house, get back my equity I put down ($23,000) and get a small house in Ocala. I probably have a better chance of getting a teaching job out there than I do in Hillsborough County.

I would like one for like $50,000 and have a house payment of less than $300 a month. I never again want to depend on a job to pay my monthly mortgage.

I do have an interview for next Friday for a part time legal assistant.

I have been so sick this past week, I completely loss my equilibrium (balance). It was just this Sunday I could lie in bed and watch TV. Obviously, with no medical insurance and no money to splurge, I did not go to a doctor. I couldn't anyways because I couldn't drive.

I lost a whole week of shorthand practice. I am hoping by January or February to have enough speed and accuracy to look for court reporting work.

62 months ago

I got a call today from Brinker Doyen. I dunno if I'm even going to bother calling back. Unless they can see me on a Saturday I can't afford to take off for a 5 minute dog and pony show. As fir BAMSL--they're probably hurting too. A lot of secretaries have given up trying to get something.

62 months ago

I think experience as a secretary is a lot. I think it speaks volume. It takes a lot of competence, skills, knowledge, and confidence to be a secretary. Don't let any runyoudown employer tell you differently.

Executive Recruiter Career Counselor in Monument, Colorado

62 months ago

Noelle in Pennsylvania said: That was one thing about this field, you could always find a job...always lots of them advertised or you heard about them through word of mouth. Not anymore. (At least in the PA area it's bad...even in Philly).

I haven't been on these boards in a few months. Still no new job! I'm still STUCK at my horrible legal secretarial job. I had posted a while back about moving out of litigation and into corporate law/something in-house...well, that hasn't happened yet. I'm still tryin'!

In the past 3 months, I successfully landed just one interview...LOL! That's it. It ended up being for another law firm after all...ugh! I went on it anyway since I heard it was a decent place to work, and it was a different area of law which I hadn't done before. I felt that I had done well, but I knew by the HR woman's face that my salary may have been just a bit over what they'd be offering even though she said it was in their range (I even lowered my salary requirements before the interview). I know they were swamped with resumes (she told me this), and it would take them at least a week or two. She called me two days later to say I was being considered for the job and to discuss the job some more. Then, by the following week, she called again...to say the job was given to someone else (this was left on my answering machine). Well, at least she took the time to call...most times you just get the "rejection letter." So that's that.

And the job search continues on...........

The Job Boards do not work nearly as much anymore. If you are a Paralegal and are not happy where you are, you have to market yourself to create a job. You need to plant a seed in every Law Firm that you are interested in working for to let them know about you. If you have good skills and good stability then you need to get yourself out there. Forget HR as they are no use. All they care about is a pay check. You need to contact your prospective boss at that law firm

relocated from California in London Mills, Illinois

62 months ago

OMG I totally understand. I have posted before its been forever. I finally took a job as a receptionist/secretary. It was a step down but I FINALLY landed a job after cleaning hospital rooms, which after dealing with lots of attorneys should be paid way more than I get! Anyway, I'm finding that theyh are getting people to do 50 tasks for the price of one, and in California we had copy people, all that stuff. Well out here, I'm those people, the receptionist, and the secretary and legal assistant. Long rant, anyway, get into Probate and Real Estate. I was litigation, and I MISS IT AND LOVED IT!! But they seem to be the only areas that aren't dying!! Pardon the pun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I have had one "bite" from a law firm since last September. They want me to call them tomorrow. This is their 4th ad since then. I guess the other 4 people didn't "work out." I am working now for 1/3 what I was making at a temporary job as a (big title) retail pricing clerk for a grocery store chain. I just don't think I can go back to law. After taking out taxes and buying gas and paying for my own lousy medical insurance, I am WAY below the unemployment pay rate, but I have gained 10 pounds since August snarfing down all the free samples. I will probably tell the law firm to get lost--or better yet, not even bother to call them back.

62 months ago

Mary A in Florissant, Missouri said: I have had one "bite" from a law firm since last September. They want me to call them tomorrow. This is their 4th ad since then. I guess the other 4 people didn't "work out." I am working now for 1/3 what I was making at a temporary job as a (big title) retail pricing clerk for a grocery store chain. I just don't think I can go back to law. After taking out taxes and buying gas and paying for my own lousy medical insurance, I am WAY below the unemployment pay rate, but I have gained 10 pounds since August snarfing down all the free samples. I will probably tell the law firm to get lost--or better yet, not even bother to call them back.

It could be that the atty is difficult and not happy regardless of who they hire; therefore, all the secretaries are getting fired. I knew of quite a few attys who went thru a secretary every few months because the secretary would start looking for yet another job after working for the guy (or woman) just a month. I would think with jobs being hard to find now, if an atty is going thru a lot of secretaries, it's because they are getting fired. When I was working in OC, when you saw an atty (or a firm)going thru a lot of staff, it was usually because everyone was quitting.

62 months ago

Yup. I think I'm gonna let this one go. I know one of the guys there. A real horse's butt.

62 months ago

I had this experience w R.Half long BEFORE the economy went bad and unemployment was so high. I will NEVER go to an agency again. They waste tim

Well, Robert Half Agency called me last night and wanted to do an interview on Friday. But since rereading all these comments, I don't think that I will. I don't think they have any more leads than anyone else. I want full time work on bits and pieces here and there.

How is everyone doing on this blog?

62 months ago

I'm doing substitute teaching($9.58 an hour). I also got tutoring - four hours a week at ($20.00). I am going to apply at Target and Sears for more part time.

I am hoping my shorthand will will be good enough by January or February.

I had a paralegal interview Friday - part time (30/35 hours a week, no benefits, don't know about pay). Obviously, they're looking for the best for the cheapest money.

62 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: I'm doing substitute teaching($9.58 an hour). I also got tutoring - four hours a week at ($20.00). I am going to apply at Target and Sears for more part time.

I had a paralegal interview Friday - part time (30/35 hours a week, no benefits, don't know about pay). Obviously, they're looking for the best for the cheapest money.

Well, just keep doing what you are doing, at least you are working. When Obama gets the health care plan passed we will all have health coverage. My husband has talked with someone in Canada and he said that he would rather have the coverage they have and not what we have here. That no one gets denied medical and everyone gets treated the same up there.

62 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: I'm doing substitute teaching($9.58 an hour). I also got tutoring - four hours a week at ($20.00). I am going to apply at Target and Sears for more part time.

Oh, you said something about shorthand. The majority of businesses now have digital transcription or tapes. I didn't think anyone still did it by hand anymore. That kind of went out in the dark ages, didn't it?

62 months ago

I mean court reporting. I was a court reporter for ten years. I stopped for twenty. I got my machine out late last January and started practicing. I'm hitting 215 Q&A now. I'm hoping to be good enough in January/February to get deposition work.

62 months ago

How fast do you have to be? I am what is a good score?

murmaid11@aol.com in Van Nuys, California

62 months ago

I just got a call yesterday from R Half to ask me if they could submit my resume. They also asked me a bunch of questions asking if I'm interviewing and where and did I get it from an agency, etc. So it may have just been a call to see where I have been interviewing so they can jump on them and try to get business from those firms.

I told them I was interested in the position they called about, but they haven't called back. It is morning right now, so maybe they'll call this afternoon. I'll keep you all posted. I also was suppose to have a 2nd interview today, but they canceled it and they will call to reschedule when the partner is back at work.

I know, the agencies are a waste of time, but I belong to 5 of them throughout the years. One of the agencies recently got jobs for 3 of my good friends, but not for me and they are all around my age (over 60). They happen to be Jewish, and I'm not, so I feel like maybe it is because I am a Latino. Maybe they are better educated or something. I am happy for them. But I'm also a believer in Christ and hold to his Word. I read all the prosperity scriptures, etc. and still no job yet. Maybe I need this time to re-evaluate things. We can all pray for each other.

62 months ago

murmaid11@aol.com in Van Nuys, California said: I just got a call yesterday from R Half to ask me if they could submit my resume. They also asked me a bunch of questions asking if I'm interviewing and where and did I get it from an agency, etc. So it may have just been a call to see where I have been interviewing so they can jump on them and try to get business from those firms.

I told them I was interested in the position they called about, but they haven't called back. It is morning right now, so maybe they'll call this afternoon. I'll keep you all posted. I also was suppose to have a 2nd interview today, but they canceled it and they will call to reschedule when the partner is back at work.

I know, the agencies are a waste of time, but I belong to 5 of them throughout the years. One of the agencies recently got jobs for 3 of my good friends, but not for me and they are all around my age (over 60). They happen to be Jewish, and I'm not, so I feel like maybe it is because I am a Latino. Maybe they are better educated or something. I am happy for them. But I'm also a believer in Christ and hold to his Word. I read all the prosperity scriptures, etc. and still no job yet. Maybe I need this time to re-evaluate things. We can all pray for each other.

I hope things go well for you. The lady at the Bar Association told me that because a majority of the firms including big firms have downsized because of the economy, the secretarial pool has increased two-fold over and employers can be very choosey about who they want to work for them and at little pay. I believe that age, race, religion has a big part to play in a lot of these companies (but because they do not admit) to all of this, they get by with more. I am looking but do not want to go through an Agency that will tease me along while telling me that there is a job out there while they collect big money. There is an attorney that I help out a couple of times a month and he said that R. Half

62 months ago

FEEL USED in Florissant, Missouri said: I hope things go well for you. The lady at the Bar Association told me that because a majority of the firms including big firms have downsized because of the economy, the secretarial pool has increased two-fold over and employers can be very choosey about who they want to work for them and at little pay. I believe that age, race, religion has a big part to play in a lot of these companies (but because they do not admit) to all of this, they get by with more. I am looking but do not want to go through an Agency that will tease me along while telling me that there is a job out there while they collect big money. There is an attorney that I help out a couple of times a month and he said that R. Half

would charge him $22.00/hour for a secretary and the secretary didn't paid that much from R.Half AGency. I know I can find one out there, just have to keep trying and keep looking. Let us know if you find anything. We all need the prayers going.

62 months ago

FEEL USED in Florissant, Missouri said: How fast do you have to be? I am what is a good score?

The RPR test (Registered Professional Reporter) is Literary 180; jury charge 200; and Q&A 225 at 95 percent accuracy. I passed that back in 1981. But I'm not there today. If I continue with court reporting then I will have to retake that test, but I won't until I am sure I can do it (sometime next year).

reneeca in West Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I finally got a job after looking for over a year - an old firm rehired me. Robert Half is a terrible agency, the worst I have ever dealt with. Their staff are rude and treat you like some kind of low level slave who does not have the right to ask for anything and should just be grateful for any kind of grunt work. I am a senior paralegal and they had me scanning documents all day for less than ten dollars an hour. So glad I kept up my contacts and left my old jobs on great terms - now I'm back making almost $60K. Don't give up but definitely contact EVERY attorney you've worked for that you got along with. Networking is definitely the way to go in this economy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Well, Reneeca, good for you. Tip, stay off the Internet at work, just in case the "Gota be a big supervisor" people want to create trouble.

murmaid11@aol.com in Van Nuys, California

62 months ago

reneeca in West Los Angeles, California said: I finally got a job after looking for over a year - an old firm rehired me. Robert Half is a terrible agency, the worst I have ever dealt with. Their staff are rude and treat you like some kind of low level slave who does not have the right to ask for anything and should just be grateful for any kind of grunt work. I am a senior paralegal and they had me scanning documents all day for less than ten dollars an hour. So glad I kept up my contacts and left my old jobs on great terms - now I'm back making almost $60K. Don't give up but definitely contact EVERY attorney you've worked for that you got along with. Networking is definitely the way to go in this economy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. Maybe one of my places of employment may call me back.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.