How to Shhhhhsh properly

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

G8_Summit in Albert, France

75 months ago

I'm considering a position at my local library, but I can't master the art of telling people to Shhhsh.

Any tips anyone ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Theslave in Manchester, United Kingdom

75 months ago

G8_Summit in Albert, France said: I'm considering a position at my local library, but I can't master the art of telling people to Shhhsh.

Any tips anyone ??

Can you not walk around the aisles with a muzzle and wave it in a threatening manner as required?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SAS librarian in London, United Kingdom

75 months ago

I find a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, a stern expression and a penetrating glare works wonders. Shhhshing just adds to the background noise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lucifer Box in London, United Kingdom

75 months ago

G8_Summit in Albert, France said: I'm considering a position at my local library, but I can't master the art of telling people to Shhhsh.

Any tips anyone ??

Pucker your lips and raise your right forefinger (or left if you are lefthanded) to your lips. Exhale a short, sharp breath.

HTH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DB in Denton, Texas

60 months ago

Any tips anyone ??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOoYjfPdlzw

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Green Bay, Wisconsin

58 months ago

Maybe its the difference in Country, but unless people are really loud, Shhhhing went out years ago!

We do not encourage LOUDness, but if there is someone whose voice carries, we just walk up to them and ask them nicely to speak quieter or take their conversation to one of the conference rooms or out of the library.

My pet peeve is cell phones!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.