Need Info on Lifeguarding salaries!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

CrystalenaPaquette in Deep River, Ontario

82 months ago

Hey, I was wondering what type of lifeguard makes the highest salary and what are the age ranges for that type of lifeguard.
I am only 16 and currently in NLS, I need CPR B and standard first aid, to become a complete lifeguard I was told.
I already have Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross with some different sort of CPR too?
Well I was wondering what other courses I should take to make a good wage of for ex... around 16/hour?
Can a lifeguard make more or less then that, what is the minimum a lifeguard can make I mean.. and what is the highest I could make if I were 17/ 18/19? What do other courses do I need to apply for a high lifeguard salary.
Thanks so much to whoever will reply to this!!
- Crystalena

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CrystalenaPaquette in Deep River, Ontario

82 months ago

Sorry I forgot to add that I live in deep river but I am moving to Ottawa so I would like to know Ottawa's salaries if that helps... or makes any changes to anyone's comment?
Thanks so much, again!
-Crystalena

Jackie in Red Deer, Alberta

81 months ago

Hello Crystalena,

There are a few web sites you can check out. Try The city web site and check under employment opportunities. Also check with the YMCA and with the lifesaving society. You will have a better chance at finding employment as a lifeguard if you are an instructor as well. I know that there are several different instructing programs available. Canadian Red Cross water Safety Instructor, Sears I can Swim Instructor, Lifesaving society's Swim to Survive instructor, YMCA, etc. If you cantact the Aquatic supervisor or Programmer at the facility you are interested in working at, he/she will tell you what qualifications you need.

Also think about getting your AED and Oxygen certifications as well. AED training will be included in Standard First Aid Courses in 2008.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mickael in Ottawa, Ontario

69 months ago

Jackie in Red Deer, Alberta said: Hello Crystalena,

There are a few web sites you can check out. Try The city web site and check under employment opportunities. Also check with the YMCA and with the lifesaving society. You will have a better chance at finding employment as a lifeguard if you are an instructor as well. I know that there are several different instructing programs available. Canadian Red Cross water Safety Instructor, Sears I can Swim Instructor, Lifesaving society's Swim to Survive instructor, YMCA, etc. If you cantact the Aquatic supervisor or Programmer at the facility you are interested in working at, he/she will tell you what qualifications you need.

Also think about getting your AED and Oxygen certifications as well. AED training will be included in Standard First Aid Courses in 2008.

Good luck!

also for the the wage you could make easy 19/hour if not more with the city, and if are looking to make max wage you might want to check out the ass instructor and instructor courses they help alot!! you could usaly take them at any pool.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.