lifeguard Survey

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jin Kim in Pasadena, California

59 months ago

Hi

Im a student of Pasadena Artcenter College of Design
and I'm currently working on the project that is related to water safety.
Can you guys answer on the surveys for my research?
If you do the survey you can send it to my e-mail

strpolaris@hotmail.com

I would really appreciate it.

survey

Name?

How long have you work as a lifeguard?

Does lifeguard serve in beach and pool back and forth or
there are different types?

How often do people get into trouble?

what is the major reason?

What age group often get into troble?

What are the people's reactions when they are in trouble?

How long does it usually takes for lifeguard to recognize person in trouble?

What kind of gears do you carry?

Do you have any device that can help you watch people better?

What is most important thing to remember while in the water?

Any thing you want to say about?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelsey in Southampton, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

If you would still like your survey answered, i would be happy to help.

In the order of the questions you listed...
1)Kelsey Austen

2)3 years for a private swim club

3)Lifeguards are certified specifically to the environment they are working in. There are traditional pool, waterfront (lakes and rivers), waterparks, and ocean/beach lifeguarding certifications. If is possible to have multiple certifications, but if you have only a waterpark cert, you can't guard an ocean beach.

4) This totally depends on the environment. For three summers I have guarded, and I have made 12 rescues in all. Meanwhile, I have friends who are beach lifeguards who may make 12 saves a day at crowded beaches.

5)The major reason is people thinking they are stronger swimmers than they really are, venturing out into deep water, becoming exausted and needing rescue.

6)The common age is either young children who fall into pools, or teenagers who do not know the limits of their abilities yet.

7)Almost unfailing, thier reactions are always panic and distress.

8)If should take no more than 20 seconds for a lifeguard to realize someone needs rescue, and to determine the type of action the lifeguard needs to preform to save them.

9)A lifeguard should always have a rescue tube, first aid supplies, and personal protection (gloves, and a pocket mask for CPR)

10)The only device we use to scan the water is knowing what to look for. The knowledge of what a person who needs help looks like, (their motions and body position in the water) help us greatly.

11) the most important thing to remember in the water is to make sure you have a lifeguard watching over where you swim. this is very important to your safety in the water.

12) The only other thing i would say is that lifeguarding takes hours of training and practice, and these skills are tested over and over again. Lifeguarding should never be taken lightly, and you should always listen to the lifeguard!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.