re

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

b in Pleasantville, New York

87 months ago

you need to do lots of training before you even attempt to take a lifeguard class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Austin Newell in Jonesboro, Georgia

78 months ago

Ive been on this forum for like 5 minutes so Correct me if Im wrong
Im 15 and all Ive had was 3 years of tipicly easy competitive swimming and In my lifegaurd class I was able to complete it with flying colors. so correct me if Im wrong you dont need really any training to become a lifegaurd at most pools just be able swim around a 300 with rythmic breathing. but yes there are PLENTY of places where you need LOTS of experience (oceans, olypic, party places etc etc ect) peace!

R in Albany, New York

77 months ago

Austin Newell in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Ive been on this forum for like 5 minutes so Correct me if Im wrong
Im 15 and all Ive had was 3 years of tipicly easy competitive swimming and In my lifegaurd class I was able to complete it with flying colors. so correct me if Im wrong you dont need really any training to become a lifegaurd at most pools just be able swim around a 300 with rythmic breathing. but yes there are PLENTY of places where you need LOTS of experience (oceans, olypic, party places etc etc ect) peace!

Well Austin,
First a swimming background does make it easier. I am an instructor and can tell you first hand the swimming at the beginning is the hardest part. Everything else you learn so unless you don't pay attention you should be able to pass. I have had people have a hard time learning and remembering CPR, choking and rescue breathing skills. Also I have had people fail because they could not complete skills that I taught them and practiced with them and they missed the concept of spine stabilization.
And second, I would work on your grammar. You spelled multiple things wrong. Not a sign of someone professional and responsible. Good luck.

brenna in Boise, Idaho

74 months ago

actually i am just applying for a job as a lifeguard, of course after i have taken my lifeguarding classes, but you need to do no training or preparation for the classes. if you're a weak swimmer possibly, but i had no preparations whatsoever and i passed the class quite fine

mike in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

The standard life guard cert required by most pools, parks etc is American red cross. If you can swim 300 yards and pass cpr you will be fine.

{R in Albany, New York} Where do you get off correcting peoples grammar? Wow! What a complete loser you must be. Albany is a dumpy miserable place to live, but do not take your misery out on others. Ending your low blow comment with good luck shows a interesting lack of class. You must be one nasty person.

good luck

mike

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.