Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are typical logistics coordinator salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

mightybuju in Windhoek, Namibia

56 months ago

Most companies do not pay what logistics coordinators are supposed to get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Buffy in Long Beach in Long Beach, California

53 months ago

This position is highly stressful. I'm working as a Logistics Coordinator for a Customs Broker in the Port of Los Angeles. The pay is very little for what you are expected to do. A Customs Broker clears cargo containers, which come into the Port by the thousands on a weekly basis. There is so much paperwork involved that it's unbelievable! To clear the containers, a Customs Broker, has to file all of the legal documents, certificates, ect.

The pay is very little and you work long, hard days, non-stop and put in a lot of overtime that you're not paid for because the company hires you as a salaried employee. Salaried employees are paid a straight 40 hour work week. Any overtime at the company I work for is not paid. Yet, there is so much work that has to be done, its mandatory that you work overtime!

The reason there is such high pressure with this type of job is that most all logistically based work means working in a time frame. In my case, the cargo container ships that come into the Port of Los Angeles have about a 7 day in and out period of time. This means all of the paperwork has to be done within that time frame. Because it has to do with Customs and the FDA, if you don't get the paperwork done in the alotted time, you can be penalized, fined; ships get demurge, truckers get held up, etc.

Its a very hard job and very stressful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.