What are the best logistics coordinator qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a logistics coordinator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective logistics coordinator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Art Segal in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a logistics coordinator? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective logistics coordinator?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

When I began in 1980, I had no formal training in import-export shipping. I started as an assistant in the canned foods department of a large import firm (Atalanta Corp.) I took four-day seminars in international banking (Letters of Credit) and Marine Insurance, and progressed from there. Getting the start, the foot in the door, is the critical step. And then, you need to enjoy the work - helping large quantities of product to move across the oceans. If that is satisfying for you, there is a possible career. But I wish I had taken the US Customs Brokers License Exam in the 1980's - I heard it was much easier then. I tok it in 2002 when only 23 percent passed - and years later, only 7 percent passed. It's very hard now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Evangelina Ocasio in New York, New York

71 months ago

Baruch College offers reputable training on International Trade. Now days this practical courses can help you acquire the skills to get that job.

You can find more information at www.baruched.com/programs/certificates/internationaltradeoperationsandprocedures.htm

The college also has a test preparation class for the Customs Brokerage License.

If you have questions my email is evangelina_ocasio@baruch.cuny.edu.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.