EMPLOYMENT AS LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Marty in Portland, Oregon

81 months ago

BEVERLY BROBERG in Fresno, California said: HAVING SEVERAL YEARS IN RETAIL SALES AND HANDLING HIGH AMOUNT OF PRICEING AND BAR CODEING INVENTORY. STOCKING AND DEALING WITH SHRINKING STOCK PROBLEMS. I FEEL THAT THIS IS A CAREER THAT IS WAITING FOR ME.

CONTACT NUMBER IS (559) 827-8947 OR (559) 827-8945

You really need to clean up your spelling it terriable!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marty in Portland, Oregon

81 months ago

BEVERLY BROBERG in Fresno, California said: HAVING SEVERAL YEARS IN RETAIL SALES AND HANDLING HIGH AMOUNT OF PRICEING AND BAR CODEING INVENTORY. STOCKING AND DEALING WITH SHRINKING STOCK PROBLEMS. I FEEL THAT THIS IS A CAREER THAT IS WAITING FOR ME.

CONTACT NUMBER IS (559) 827-8947 OR (559) 827-8945

Clean up your spelling!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in San Francisco, California

58 months ago

Several years of retail, and "handling" coded inventory, or in other words anything with a bar-code on it does not make for a LP Manager. It is one thing to state "deal" with shrink, but what have you done to resolve, and minimize top profit loss? Many people think a manger just manages agents, but in reality it's looking at store controllable operating profit, P&L across the board, interacting with all facets of management, and mitigating the never ending complaints of the LP department. I get this "jackassery" of statements frequently most of whom think are ready to be a manager in the loss prevention field. My advice is to start as an agent and get the basics first, there is a lot of fraud investigation, interviewing, and development of DE cases, external theft resolution, merchandise protection standards, and other specialized exception reports to be utilized daily. If you don't have at least 20% of what I just mentioned don't expect to be in that position long, if you don't show a ROI, you will be performance improvement out of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Raleigh, North Carolina

57 months ago

Bob in San Francisco, California said: Several years of retail, and "handling" coded inventory, or in other words anything with a bar-code on it does not make for a LP Manager. It is one thing to state "deal" with shrink, but what have you done to resolve, and minimize top profit loss? Many people think a manger just manages agents, but in reality it's looking at store controllable operating profit, P&L across the board, interacting with all facets of management, and mitigating the never ending complaints of the LP department. I get this "jackassery" of statements frequently most of whom think are ready to be a manager in the loss prevention field. My advice is to start as an agent and get the basics first, there is a lot of fraud investigation, interviewing, and development of DE cases, external theft resolution, merchandise protection standards, and other specialized exception reports to be utilized daily. If you don't have at least 20% of what I just mentioned don't expect to be in that position long, if you don't show a ROI, you will be performance improvement out of a job.

Can you tell me about the lpm position ie schedule and good and bad points of the job.I am looking to work for Lowe's as an LPM. I have many years as a District and store LPM with Sears and JC Penney.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jasmin elie in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

57 months ago

i need to the information so i want to help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

I read these comments, and it seems to me everyone asking information is trying to short-cut their way into an management position. The only way I see this happening is, if you were one of those poor individuals that their position was eliminated (district merchandising manager), and they offerred you a DLPM position, congrats. I have known Area LPMs that were DMMs, and really they had no clue what was going on.

Let me be clear, you will have to start at the bottom, unless you have a degree in Administration of Justice, or law enforcement experience. Even then as being a Police Officer, it is a totally different beast.

Everyone should read "PoorSap's" post, it is true most of the time an LP Manager is lead around by the nose. I hear this common phrase, and everyone in the industry knows what it means, upper management calls us "Sales Prevention". We suggent common sense actions, such as please stop placing the $500 merchandised product right at the entrance, but on the other hand, its a new item that needs to be seen right away. We often loose this battle, and a middle ground is seldom established.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jasmnin elie in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

56 months ago

i want to like information for that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Smitty in West Sacramento, California

56 months ago

Joe in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Can you tell me about the lpm position ie schedule and good and bad points of the job.I am looking to work for Lowe's as an LPM. I have many years as a District and store LPM with Sears and JC Penney.

Joe if you asked this in an interview I would not hire you, as a matter of fact I would ask you to leave. At your level of experience you allegedly have that is frankly a stupid question. Also, Jasmine from whatever republic you need to visit a school and learn English well enough to spell your name correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Raleigh, North Carolina

56 months ago

Smitty in West Sacramento, California said: Joe if you asked this in an interview I would not hire you, as a matter of fact I would ask you to leave. At your level of experience you allegedly have that is frankly a stupid question. Also, Jasmine from whatever republic you need to visit a school and learn English well enough to spell your name correctly.[/QUOTE

Smitty,

Is this an interview? If you cannot be helpfull, why just rip people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deez in Vancouver, Washington

56 months ago

Smitty, you don't exactly come across as a Rhode scholar yourself. Before you start criticizing others for their spelling or the type of questions they ask, take a look at your own post and realize that you could use a College level English course as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in Newport News, Virginia

51 months ago

o well icd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.