Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

Host

What are typical loss prevention salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Andres in Atlanta, Georgia

97 months ago

Host said: What are typical loss prevention salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Irishgreg83 in Calhoun, Georgia

90 months ago

Loss prevention salaries vary greatly between companies and positions. I make 10 dollars an hour as a store level agent. From discussion with other LP agents I have gathered that companies like Home Depot and Lowes pay above average salaries somthing in the area of 14 to 18 dollars an hour for store level Agents. I hear that sears and Walmart are at the low end of the totum pole at between 7 and 9 dollars an hour. As far as top earners for store level agents I wouldnt ever expect any better than 18 bucks an hour and thats with years of experience and time in. However District and Regional levels for major retailors who knows im pretty sure they are making 50k a year and better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lowes offered 24,000 in Lima, Ohio

87 months ago

Lowes only offered me like 24000, it was joke for the number of hours they were wanting... Average of 55-60 hours.

I said nope... This was about 2-3 years ago...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Jacob in Grosse Ile, Michigan

86 months ago

I work for Sears and make over 40K a year. Sears does not pay entry level workers very much, but once you get into management there you will start making decent money. Just have to sell yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Gulfport, Mississippi

69 months ago

Host said: What are typical loss prevention salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I was making about 16 at homedepot and 18 at lowes before i went to the USBP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve G in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey

67 months ago

SO, HOW much does a first year garden center associate make? 12, 13, 15 per hour?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Edward Miles in Kansas City, Missouri

63 months ago

Acee in Modesto, California said: If you can try and get a salarie position. I work for lows and have been there for about a year now and I make just shy of 42k a year. Its ok, but the learning you get from Lowes is the best. I have worked LP postions for Wal-Mart and Kmart and lowes has the best training by far. I am more of a Safety and Audit person. If your looking to make aprehensions dont go to lowes, but if you want by far the best training and good starting pay then lowes is for you. If you are looking to make a 50k and above then you will want to company jump. If I stay in this my next positon for LP is a Distrit LP with another company.

That sounds good. I am a little down because i came from making 12 an hour from dallas in loss prevention in dallas to kansas city missouri with macys making 10. i dont like it but i know that i deserve better pay than that specially knowing the job like the back of my hand. i asked the guy for atleast 14.00 an hour but he said with experience i would get 10. i was like uhhhh okay. i guess i will take that for right now but i dont really like it. i mean you really cant make a decent living with 10. i dont like it. but im gone deal with it b/c i want a career. how much to you expect to make by the time your 30? i just want an idea of what to expect for myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

murphy in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

Stay away from sears you make crappy pay and your raises are 10 cents maybe .25 if it's your first raise. District mngrs. probably make 40-55 k . store mngrs maybe 28k-32k and l.p associate 7.50hr-maybe 9hr if you have 20 years experience. They are terrible I imagine Kmart is the same since they are the same company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

THD LP in Phoenix, Arizona

46 months ago

I have worked in LP for over 20 years, and with various companies. I have earned from $11 hr at Marshalls, to District Trainer ( still hourly) for $14 hr. I then earned $15-50 at Mervyn's, gone now. I now earn $15 at Home Depot. As you have been told about Lowes, I too am more of an Auditor and Safety checker, but we still catch shoplifters. The best training I got was Marshalls and T.J.Maxx ( TJX Companies). Money was better too. As for different pay, it also matters where you live...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

THD LP in Phoenix, Arizona

46 months ago

Joe in Gulfport, Mississippi said: I was making about 16 at homedepot and 18 at lowes before i went to the USBP

How long have you worked for Home Depot?? To get that $$, did you start at that $$ or was that reviews??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RLPMIE in Moreno Valley, California

43 months ago

Pay scale for LP varies depending on the company, experience and state where you work. I'm an RLPM and the Agents working for me makes between $13-$16 per hour and that's pretty good in my area, very few make more than that and most make a lot less than $13. If you want to make some serious money in this field then you need a 4 year degree and you need to obtain designations like CPP as well as others. I've worked in industry for 17 years and worked my way up the ranks, for my position, you can make between $60K-$90K plus 10% bonus, company car and stock options.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brennen Storms in NY, New York

40 months ago

I've seen entry level agents/store detectives make anywhere between $9 and $15 an hour depending on the area and company. I agree with the last post that to make a decent living you really need at least a 4 year degree and a few years experience. I have been in the business for about 15 years and still love it today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Miguel in Waterbury, Connecticut

32 months ago

I worked in Macy's depending on your experience you can get between $9.25- 12.50 an hour there. Managers can make 40K a year plus bonuses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GNB in Mableton, Georgia

22 months ago

how much would an entry level loss prevention associate make in the state of Georgia working at Six Flags?

Secure123 in West Hartford, Connecticut

20 months ago

GNB in Mableton, Georgia said: how much would an entry level loss prevention associate make in the state of Georgia working at Six Flags?

I used to work there and they will not go a dime above minimum wage even if you have experience. After forty full shifts, the pay goes up a nickel per hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

missmyb2004

17 months ago

I am interviewing for a lp position for Macy's I have a four year degree in criminal justice and I hsv been in corrections for 6 years what can I expect to make if I'm offered employment

lpd in Athens, Georgia

16 months ago

Depends on what city and state. Also on the stores budget and sales proj for the year. Fulltime or partime? Prob $8-$11.

daryl griffin in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

12 months ago

RLPMIE in Moreno Valley, California said: Pay scale for LP varies depending on the company, experience and state where you work. I'm an RLPM and the Agents working for me makes between $13-$16 per hour and that's pretty good in my area, very few make more than that and most make a lot less than $13. If you want to make some serious money in this field then you need a 4 year degree and you need to obtain designations like CPP as well as others. I've worked in industry for 17 years and worked my way up the ranks, for my position, you can make between $60K-$90K plus 10% bonus, company car and stock options.

Im daryl griffin and im looking for a job opportunity with your company I have 6 years of loss prevention, I have worked for kmart for 3 yrs and walmart 3 yrs and seeking a better job opportunity. Im a security officer of the state of Florida for the last 8 yrs and if you can contact me at darylgriffin@hotmail.com

LPshark12 in Bronxville, New York

5 months ago

I currently work LP at the Gap and make decent money. I'm interviewing with Target next week. Does anyone know how much Target pays LP/AP??

Robert in Fredericksburg, Virginia

5 months ago

I got 13.20 at walmart in long islanad New york and 12.40 in arbutus Maryland at walmart goes by city state

Irishgreg83 in Calhoun, Georgia said: Loss prevention salaries vary greatly between companies and positions. I make 10 dollars an hour as a store level agent. From discussion with other LP agents I have gathered that companies like Home Depot and Lowes pay above average salaries somthing in the area of 14 to 18 dollars an hour for store level Agents. I hear that sears and Walmart are at the low end of the totum pole at between 7 and 9 dollars an hour. As far as top earners for store level agents I wouldnt ever expect any better than 18 bucks an hour and thats with years of experience and time in. However District and Regional levels for major retailors who knows im pretty sure they are making 50k a year and better.

Irish8394 in Georgia

5 months ago

Hey LPshark12,

It depends on what AP position your're applying for at Target. I currently work as an ETL-AP and I make over 50k a year. Been at Target for about a year. If your interviewing for a TPS/APS position the pay could vary greatly depending on your experience.

Angela in New York, New York

5 months ago

osorbaspiritualspelltemple@gmail.com you can also visit his blog on osorba.blog.co.uk and websites osorbaspiritualspelltemple.webs.com/

Parker in Saint Joseph, Missouri

3 months ago

I have worked for Sears starting at $11, and within three months, got a raise to $12. At kohl's, I made $12.50 starting as a Loss Prevention Supervisor. All companies pay differently based on experience, area, and the budget the company has for loss prevention. I'm thinking about transferring to CVS where I was offered $18 an hour as a Market Investigator. Sell yourself and you can make so much more.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.