Anyone doing Excelsior College's LPN-RN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1151 to 1200 of 1456)
Page:  « First « Previous   21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next »   Last »

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

31 months ago

Meant to say never....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly7240 in Ann Arbor, Michigan

31 months ago

lpn in nj in Willingboro, New Jersey said: I am an LPN and thinking about doing excelsior program but using a program called achieve test prep to prepare me for the test. Does anyone have any info on this program . and I live in nj does nj accept excelsior credits for nursing exam .

Hi I am a LPN as well and graduated about 1.5 yrs ago. What test are you preparing for? I was told I could take 2 test before I register but I was going to just review my notes from school although most stuff is still fresh. As far as does NJ accept excelsior call your state board and make sure. I called mine and they said yes. I still have to take Microbiology and started that test by exam thing and found that is not for me so I will be going to my local college to take that in the fall but in the mean time I will be taking those 2 tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

imgladitsover

31 months ago

Well I have a friend in NJ who told me they dont like Excelsior there so check with you're board. If they don't accept it you can test in Pennsylvania and endorse your license in NJ. Also don't ever go through a third party for the tests. They charge three times the amount. I had a girl tell me she is going through college network and they are charging her like 38000 and I pail like maybe $10000 so that is a rip off

lpn in nj in Willingboro, New Jersey

31 months ago

so those 2 test before you register how much do they cost and what are you taking how are you preparing .Thanks appreciate any info

31 months ago

lpn in nj in Willingboro, New Jersey said: so those 2 test before you register how much do they cost and what are you taking how are you preparing .Thanks appreciate any info

I believe they are 275.00 a piece. Not sure the name of them but you can call they will tell you. I am preparing by reviewing my notes from nursing school. Do you still have yours? How long have you been a LPN? I would like to talk with someone that already did the program so I know what to expect. I am use to power points and lecture so I might be difficult.

31 months ago

Would anybody be willing to discuss with me on how the classes work for LPN to RN. Are they structured? Or are they just like the test by exam structured?

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida

31 months ago

You buy the books, follow their study guide, self study and then take the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ondbeach in Williamstown, New Jersey

31 months ago

Kelly7240 in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I believe they are 275.00 a piece. Not sure the name of them but you can call they will tell you. I am preparing by reviewing my notes from nursing school. Do you still have yours? How long have you been a LPN? I would like to talk with someone that already did the program so I know what to expect. I am use to power points and lecture so I might be difficult.

micro & a&p are 375$ each

31 months ago

I finished the program email me crazycool8 at yahoo dot com

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan

31 months ago

I live in Michigan and have a workshop just about every month,if you need help with the CPNE just e-mail me or call, my next workshop is in April. My web sit is cpne-workshop of michigan. Linda

sailor4ever in Silver Spring, Maryland

31 months ago

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida said: I finished the program email me crazycool8 at yahoo dot com

does Florida board recognise Excelsior College? congrats on finishing ur program

Debbie in Tuxedo Park, New York

31 months ago

Do you know of anyone that runs something similar in New York or New Jersey?

Jamie in Shickshinny, Pennsylvania

31 months ago

I know of one in Wilkes barre pa when I get closer to the clinical part I am going to go there. From reviews I have read on other websites she is supposed to be really good and if u fail she let's u come back for another workshop free.

31 months ago

Be careful if its lynns. you can go back as many times as you like and it wont do any good if it is. My friend went three times before and failed. Just FYI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

I wish i did because it was well worth it but I am not from there anymore so I don't. Hope someone else can help.

31 months ago

Yes it does. I would also like to add that anyone interested in the LPN or RN program get with it because they are looking to make the LPN an associates degree and the RN a bachelors. I hear NY and NJ are already doing it, and i have heard they have been pushing for it nationwide so you need to get in and get grandfathered before its too late.

31 months ago

Hey linda, i have seen your posts before, can you tell me what type of credentials you have for teaching. thanks

laura in Hartland, Michigan

31 months ago

Kaye in Williamstown, New Jersey said: On the Excelsior site it tells you what materials you need & gives you an outline of what subject matter is needed. I can't afford books. I barely can afford the tests. So I go to my town library & they have borrowing policies for the college libraries & they get the books for me. They're not the same exact book but the subject matter is usually the same. I also check freecycle. www.freecycle.org lots of people just give their books away.

Check amazon I get books that r old editions for dollars. They still have same info new editions r just slightly updated.

31 months ago

I have done workshops since 2009, privately , in box me .

31 months ago

Thats good, but what I am asking is what are your qualifications? From the posts I have seen you are a student who passed the CPNE and is now holding workshops. I just wanted to know the qualifications we as students would have to know that you would be the right choice in making this successful for us.

mrsbaddarse in High Point, North Carolina

31 months ago

Max in Boca Raton, Florida said: i am a LPN in miami Fl. i have been denied in several colleges for the LPN program because i did a lot of W's and D's and GPA 2.55.........can anyone tell me please what can i do to get my RN plz.....email me at max20fl@yahoo.com........thank you so much

ATTN; nursing really suuuuuxxxxxxx.. dont punish yourself by doing it! MY HONEST OPINION IS STEER CLEAR OF NURSING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jjm in New York, New York

31 months ago

Tonya in Atlanta, Georgia said: Any online school that's offering the online LPN to RN or any nursing program, needs to be check by the STATE BOARD for which ever you reside in or plan to work. The State of Georgia is no longer accepting EXCELSIOR gradutes cause they say excelsior don't provide enough clincal hours. It's over 17,000 graduates and students current enrolled there, that can't get licenses or finish classes because Georgia no longer accepts credits from Excelsior. It's more than that school but they had the most students. So please call you State Board to find out which schools do they accept that are offered online, cause these school will tell you anything to get your MONEY.

Georgia now accepts Excelsior grads. In 2009 they passed new laws. Please check this out before you make your decision not to take the classes.

tchio in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

Georgia does accept Excelsior....you just have to do extra clinical hours before taking boards....check it out first

Debbie in Tuxedo Park, New York

31 months ago

I live in New York which does accept Excelsior, however, I notice you mention that that Georgia requires extra clinical hours. I am wondering how your go about getting extra clinical hours because I would be interested in doing that even though it is not required, just to build my self confidence and have the opportunity to perfect my skills.

tchio in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

You need to find a preceptor to do your extra hours....the board might help if yu can't find someone but hopefully you have connections in a hospital to be able to do these hours...good luck!

Melvin in Hampton, Virginia

31 months ago

You can take your boards and work as an RN with the EC program in many states now, some just require additional training or for to work somewhere else before endorsing into a state that doesn't accept the program. If you get your RN from EC you can work at a military installations in any state with no problem...

31 months ago

@Debbie, it is hard to get in nyc , because you have to work underline their lic. , and if you do not have a lic., that is even worse, they will let you follow an Aide only. Inbox me.

mcoffman9 in Indianapolis, Indiana

31 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: this is for Joana@crankson---please contact me and I cn fill you in on Mansfield Ohio--It was a good place to go--I had nice examiners and they even helped me. I can tell you everything you need to know to pass--e-mail nursesareoverworked@yahoo.com Linda

Do you still have info about cpne for Ohio? Have questions about exams also. Thanks, shelly

Nurse021 in Post Falls, Idaho

31 months ago

Josie ALexander in Seattle, Washington said: I live in Seattle Washington and I am just about done w/ all of the Excelsior tests. In order for me to sit for the NCLEX-RN in WA I have to complete an additional 300 clinical hours after the CPNE. I called Excelsior to get help setting up clinical sights here in WA. They where not mean but basically told me that they do not have clinical sites set up for students in WA,and that I would have to find one ON MY OWN! I looked at other states and Excelsior is able to help in those students but for some reason not WA. I am very discouraged, I thought surly they have put together some suggestions for us or at least have access to where other WA excelsior grads went. The answer was no, they suggested me to go on a forum and ask around!! SO here I am please please anyone that has graduated from Excelsior and lives in WA WHERE DID YOU DO YOUR EXTRA 300 HOUR CLINICALS??????

Thanks,
Josie

I live in Idaho and have just recently started the exams, but was looking at moving to WA. If you read through everything that Excelsior provides in regards to the state boards of nursing, etc. you will see that it is Washington board of nursing that provides and approves clinical sites in Washington state. It is not Excelsior's fault that is what WA board of nursing has decided. Do not know how set you are on staying where you are, but I know you are suppose to be able to get licensed in Oregon with no issues and no further clinical. Hope this helps.

31 months ago

Kaye in Williamstown, New Jersey said: On the Excelsior site it tells you what materials you need & gives you an outline of what subject matter is needed. I can't afford books. I barely can afford the tests. So I go to my town library & they have borrowing policies for the college libraries & they get the books for me. They're not the same exact book but the subject matter is usually the same. I also check freecycle. www.freecycle.org lots of people just give their books away.

Email me at Nurse0804@hotmail.com. I am using Chancellor's study guides.

31 months ago

laquisha0123 in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Hi I'm looking for study material for Excelsior, do u have any suggestions. Everything seems so overwhelming.

I recently started at Excelsior and have some study guides. Email me at Nurse0804@hotmail.com

31 months ago

punix in Poughkeepsie, New York said: Congratulations on passing your boards, best advice to you is, if you can obtain a job as an lpn in buffalo, take it especially if it is in a hosp. Next inbox me, or send a private email and i will steer you into excelsior program, i am a graduate etc. etc.

Would like to know more about your Excelsior experience. Only taken one exam so far which I did pass, but barely. My email is Nurse0804@hotmail.com

31 months ago

Jess in Fayetteville, Pennsylvania said: Can anyone give me an idea on how long the progam took them from start to finish? I am a mother of two small children, and work every weekend. Giving it as much as I can along with keeping up with other obligations and staying an involved mom...I hope to be done with all my courses in about 3 years. Is that realistic? I am an LPN, but did not take any college credits, so I need to start at the very beginning (english,etc.) Also, does everyone buy their workbooks through excelsior, or can you get them anywhere else cheaper.

How are you coming along? If you are still looking for study materials email me at Nurse0804@hotmail.com

985GIRL in La Place, Louisiana

31 months ago

Does anyone have CPNE materials that they would like to sell. I need ASAP, please email me at ncollege36@yahoo.com

lpn in nj in Willingboro, New Jersey

31 months ago

Which class did you take and pass I am just starting out and need all my prereqs any advise

RTtoRN in Pasadena, Texas

30 months ago

thankgodits over in Cape Coral, Florida said: Anyone who wants a CPNE tips i wrote after I finished the CPNE send me your email addresses and I will send to you. its my experience and tips from a students perspective and would be helpful for your CPNE's. Again, dont go to Lynn's class if you are looking for a workshop. She is rude, and gives you half information you will need to go home and figure out. As well, she doesnt help with the recording portion or labs, she wants more money to buy her video's. There is a woman that doesnt advertise but used to be a clinical examiner at Grady that has retired and works from home to help students pass, she was awesome and had me ready in two and a half weeks. If you want info send me your email for that as well.

Hi, my email is nguyenhk27@gmail.com Thank you in advance!

Carol in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

30 months ago

RTtoRN in Pasadena, Texas said: Hi, my email is nguyenhk27@gmail.com Thank you in advance!

Hi, my email is cprelow@cox.net. Please forward any helpful information that you might have and thanks in advance.

30 months ago

Nurse021 in Post Falls, Idaho said: Would like to know more about your Excelsior experience. Only taken one exam so far which I did pass, but barely. My email is Nurse0804@hotmail.com

What exam did you take?

30 months ago

Nurse021 in Post Falls, Idaho said: Would like to know more about your Excelsior experience. Only taken one exam so far which I did pass, but barely. My email is Nurse0804@hotmail.com

What exam did you take?

30 months ago

What exam did you take?

yam in Clarksburg, New Jersey

30 months ago

Does anyone know what is the pay rate for LPNs' in Florida? I have 11 years experience as an LPN from CT.

Diana M in Miami, Florida

30 months ago

I recently took the UEXCEL SOC 105 exam for the last pre-requsite I needed for Excelsior. I am a B student, and failed this exam miserably. I studied about 4 weeks for it on and off (very hard to get a lot of time with full time working). Has anyone taken this exam? What do you recommend to pass these exams? I was shocked to be honest.

thankgoditsover in Port Charlotte, Florida

30 months ago

Depends on where you move but for the most part you are looking at between 16 -19 an hour. Hospitals are worse believe it or not, at least in Lee County. Now i dont know what they will give you as an 11 year nurse but they dont seem to care much about that here if its a nursing home or ALF and pretty much most hospitals are phazing lpn's out so it will be hard to get into a hospital.

thankgoditsover in Port Charlotte, Florida

30 months ago

Depends on where you move but for the most part you are looking at between 16 -19 an hour. Hospitals are worse believe it or not, at least in Lee County. Now i dont know what they will give you as an 11 year nurse but they dont seem to care much about that here if its a nursing home or ALF and pretty much most hospitals are phazing lpn's out so it will be hard to get into a hospital.

30 months ago

I'm not sure what to do now. I am making $34 hour per diem weekends and $28 during the week but housing is expensive in CT and taxes are high. Are there any benefits to living in Florida besides warm weather and housing that is less expensive?

30 months ago

Sure, you can buy a 3 bed room 2 bath house for under $130,000. There are very few toll roads anywhere, you dont pay a separate electric and gas bill because we dont pay a gas bill at all as it is warm so we barely ever use heat and it is electric heat. Your shopping for summer clothes not two different, its the home of Mickey Mouse, and the weather is gorgeous!! Also that is the rate for staff nurse per diem is more, but not much maybe $22 an hour but again i am only a 2 year nurse so i cant tell you what they would pay for anyone with 11 years experience. i am sure that would count for something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Thanks for the info and your honest opinion.

147 in Greenville, New York

30 months ago

Max in Boca Raton, Florida said: i am a LPN in miami Fl. i have been denied in several colleges for the LPN program because i did a lot of W's and D's and GPA 2.55.........can anyone tell me please what can i do to get my RN plz.....email me at max20fl@yahoo.com........thank you so much

try the college network ...its an online lpn to rn program

30 months ago

Try Excelsior college, do your liberal arts at a comm. College

30 months ago

DONT do the college network. they charge three times as much for the same program!!

Page:  « First « Previous   21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.