Anyone doing Excelsior College's LPN-RN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1251 to 1300 of 1460)
Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next »   Last »

Nightengale3 in Orlando, Florida

29 months ago

Sam Montash in Driggs, Idaho said: Also, forgot to mention: there can be a 4 to 6 month wait to get into the CPNE clinicals depending on what region you sign up in. Best thing to do is call them ahead of time before you enroll in Excelsior. Regional CPNE sites are posted on Excelsior website. Still, 2 months of studying textbooks & 4 months of waiting for a clinical exam is still way better than listening to boring lectures by instructors who only have to have a BSN or higher to teach - and in every state NONE of them are LICENSED TEACHERS! Not many people know this! Yes, they are licensed RN's or higher, but NONE are LICENSED TEACHERS! Also, your clinical RN's are not licensed TEACHERS either - but are licensed RN's. No wonder students fail the textbook work.

I would love to hear from people who have become n's thru excelsior. I worked with a head nurse who went thru excelsior and she was fantastic. I am a student and I am looking for positive reinforcement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Abigel in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

Anyone who graduated from Excelsior in Washington state. Any advice and experiance helpful. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Workingitout in Oklahoma

29 months ago

Hi everyone. I was reading through the posts. Our DON is a 2009 Excelsior graduate and a real inspiration - she finished the program in 7 1/2 months. I will be taking 2 exams this week using studygroup101 ($10 on their website) and saunders on amazon($26). She advised not to use the college network because of cost and the material not being adequate. As for the Clinical, she told us that you have to practice till you dream critical elements and that confidence was the key to passing, 5 of 6 passed at her weekend and each took a workshop to prepare,so that is what I will do also. The one who failed made several mistakes on very simple items - probably nerves, but who knows! Lurking at some other nursing forums some students are getting in the CPNe in 3-4 weeks on the cancellation list.

I hope to finish within a year to save the 2nd year enrollment fee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan

29 months ago

Wuppy 96---You will do the excelsior program faster--I am a grad of excelsior college and also ho;d workshops to get you ready for the clinical. You study at your own pace and test out of about 8 or so tests. then a clinical at the end--a week-end clinical---I have talked with alot of paramedics who have done this program in about a year. Just take a workshop before clinical and you will be good to go. Linda in Michigan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

If anyone out there is interested- I know of a good workshop where you get hands on practice, math,careplans, and again lots of practice. Look at cpne of michigan--you won't be dissapointed .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

maydinh in Winder, Georgia

29 months ago

hey i read what you post about a workship in michigan...im interesting..pls email the information to my email...julyislove@live.com..thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lizzyreg in Tallahassee, Florida

29 months ago

Hello there, just wondering if anyone knows where to buy career learning centers fort lauderdale nursing textbooks. I hear they are formatted just like Excelsior college exams outline and a friend of mine borrows them from a coworker and has taken 4 exams in the last 2 months passing with A's and B's. I need to find these textbooks,Anybody have any clue where and how to find them? I have googled and looked on Amazon, yet no luck, please help somebody, thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

kaye in Williamstown, New Jersey

29 months ago

I just googled what you said & this is the link I came up with for a fort lauderdale school.
www.careerlearningcenters.com/Site/Professional-Certificates/NAPNES-Certificate-FAQs.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

josie in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

getting ready to study for the CPNE and I am going to take a workshop. I am debating on taking Excelsior's workshop or ex-students workshops. Excelsior told me that their workshops are not teaching workshops but practicing workshops. Has anybody done either, any advice, any good workshops??

dturnin in Detroit, Michigan

29 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: If anyone out there is interested- I know of a good workshop where you get hands on practice, math,careplans, and again lots of practice. Look at cpne of michigan--you won't be dissapointed .

Hi Linda, I am am in MIchigan can you please answer some questions I have about excel. program. I am in Michigan also and was wondering if I can rn through excel in MI. how much is the program and when should I apply to their program. I haven't finished lpn yet, but want to get my self ready to jump in. How did you like the program and what was the work load like.

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

29 months ago

You cannot practice what u do not know

LPN in Port Richey, Florida

28 months ago

I am an LPN working for Baycare and went to a Baycare educational fair and spoke to a representative with Career Learning Center and they use excelsior for testing. Has anyone used this as an LPN to RN avenue? Especially any other Baycare employees?

vagriffin in La Place, Louisiana

28 months ago

Amy in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: I just recently graduated and passed my boards as an LPN. I have talked with Excelsior and I am just wondering if there is anybody who has done the program and is working as an RN. I am curious how many people are doing this route.
If this is something that you have done I would greatly appreciate a response letting me know how it went and if you are working as an RN now.

I graduated from Excelsior in 2004 & I'm a RN in Louisiana and never had a problem getting a jobs since I graduated from Excelsior. I have several nursing friends in Louisiana who never had any problems.

Misty in West Palm Beach, Florida

28 months ago

I am considering doing the LPN to RN, but does it make more sense to get my BS? I have been a LPN for two years and my kids have started school, so I will have the time. I am considering the Indiana State University Online LPN to BSN program. I read that the program is only accepted in 36 states. Is that true? www.nursing-classes.info/nursing-student-forum/lpn-to-rn-bridge-program/indiana-state-university-online-lpn-to-bsn/

28 months ago

Nightengale3 in Orlando, Florida said: I am in excelsior and taking nc2 next. I just read a lot of negative comments about this college and about students not passing the clinical portion at the end. I would like to hear from the people who have passed the clinicals. I think we all could use positive reinforcement. I worked with a head nurse who obtained her rn thru excelsior....let's hear about more.

I am a grad.,
excellent program, u have to put in the time , practice, practice and more practice. Need a teaching prep workshop go on the internet or Google Cpne

David Webb in Ypsilanti, Michigan

28 months ago

I did all 8 exams in 12 weeks. The first 7 in 7 weeks......

I used nothing but the college network study guides and excelsior practice exams.

Currently in week 7 of the FCCA on the computer..........It's pretty freaking stupid IMO and does nothing to really test your knowledge.

Here is how i studied to pass all the exams quickly.
Day 1. Skim entire study guide and read end of chapter rationales completely.
Day 2. Take excelsior practice exam A. / Identify what you had trouble on in practice exam.
Day 3. Read thoroughly what you missed on the first practice exam in study guide
Day 4. Take practice exam B / Identify areas with weakness
Day 5. Read thoroughly what you are still weak on in study guide / Go through BOTH practice exams again memorizing the questions and answers. You WILL see these questions again on the real exam.
Day 6. Go through both practice exams again reading the questions / answers / rationales. Skim any subject in study guide not sure about.
Day 7. Wake up and go through practice exams one more time quickly. Go take REAL exam at pearson vue.

Pass Exam and Repeat process each week until you're done......

The WORST exam is Lifespan 2 which is exam 7. The test is nothing but Psych and Endocrinology. It really sucks, I thought for sure i failed it, but managed to get a C.

Another tip: Once you pass the first two exams, i found it neccesary to register for ALL of the remaining exams so i could get testing dates every single week.......The test sites fill up fast, and i had to travel to 3 different testing centers to be able to take an exam every week....... Find a good CPNE workshop! I am taking one that has 97% first time CPNE pass rate in Atlanta. Email me if you have any questions.
Selling ALL my study guides as well....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

What is your email address

lizzyreg in Tallahassee, Florida

28 months ago

David Webb in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: I did all 8 exams in 12 weeks. The first 7 in 7 weeks......

I used nothing but the college network study guides and excelsior practice exams.

Currently in week 7 of the FCCA on the computer..........It's pretty freaking stupid IMO and does nothing to really test your knowledge.

Day 2. Take excelsior practice exam A. / Identify what you had trouble on in practice exam.
Day 3. Read thoroughly what you missed on the first practice exam in study guide
Day 5. Read thoroughly what you are still weak on in study guide / Go through BOTH practice exams again memorizing the questions and answers. You WILL see these questions again on the real exam.
Day 6. Go through both practice exams again reading the questions / answers / rationales. Skim any subject in study guide not sure about.
Day 7. Wake up and go through practice exams one more time quickly. Go take REAL exam at pearson vue.

The WORST exam is Lifespan 2 which is exam 7. The test is nothing but Psych and Endocrinology. It really sucks, I thought for sure i failed it, but managed to get a C.

Another tip: Once you pass the first two exams, i found it neccesary to register for ALL of the remaining exams so i could get testing dates every single week.......The test sites fill up fast, and i had to travel to 3 different testing centers to be able to take an exam every week....... Find a good CPNE workshop! I am taking one that has 97% first time CPNE pass rate in Atlanta. Email me if you have any questions.
Selling ALL my study guides as well....

Yeah, what's your email address?

Random in León, Mexico

28 months ago

I am 59 yrs young and looking for a LVN course in San ANtonio, TX.
If anyone can tell me which books to look for for the math segments I would be appreciative.
Lots of years out of high school but still have a few neurons left that need to learn.
Anyone selling books I am interested.
Rjs@noramex.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

josie in Seattle, Washington

28 months ago

David Webb in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: I did all 8 exams in 12 weeks. The first 7 in 7 weeks......

Currently in week 7 of the FCCA on the computer ..........It's pretty freaking stupid IMO and does nothing to really test your knowledge.

The WORST exam is Lifespan 2 which is exam 7. The test is nothing but Psych and Endocrinology. It really sucks, I thought for sure i failed it, but managed

David,
That is exactly what I did (well except everybody knows to stay away from College Network)I am now in the process of studying for the CPNE (slowly) and looking for a workshop to take. I am nervous about taking Excelsior's workshop as it is not a teaching but a review workshop! Can you give me more detail on the workshop you found. My email is josielj@yahoo.com

Thanks, Josie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tchio10010 in Atlanta, Georgia

28 months ago

Hi David,
I live in Atlanta....would really appreciate the workshop you said you found here for the Excelsior clinical exams....thank you so much! Congrats on your ability to go through those exams so successfully!!!
Good Luck on the rest!!!
I'm just getting started.
Terri

gladits over in Cape Coral, Florida

28 months ago

email me crazycool8@yahoo.com and i can send you info. i sent three people that have passed first try with her so far. Good feeling!!

Kim in Muskegon, Michigan

28 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: to all those out ther doing the Excelsior program-do not let people on this blog intimidate you -the cpne is a doable test--I did it-first time--just be sure when you go you know the study guide book and get a copy of Robs video--he will help you with the assessments. memorize all the mneumonics and practice at home with somone--even the dog if you have to. when you practice--talk-talk-talk----tell the examiner everything you are doing. even practice washing your hands for the 30 seconds--practice what you will say entering the room and practice packing the wound. you can get one at the college or buy one from someone who may sell theirs. good luck to all---e-mail me if you want further advice or help nursesareoverworked@yahoo.com Linda

Linda I also live in Muskegon and am considering going through Excelsior. I still have a few prerequisites to complete. Could use some insight and help with planning. Please email me at Kimme1543@aol.com when you have time. Thank you so much.

gladits over in Cape Coral, Florida

28 months ago

Please please please people. Lets use some common sense. Dont use Robs videos there are a lot of discrepancies in them. As well, if you are paying about $2500 for a weekend are you going to buy videos to prepare?? Lets get real. Go to a class and have someone teach you to do it right the first time. There are a lot of people on here thinking just because they passed they can charge to teach people. Good luck with that. Again there are qualified people out there to get you through but the trick is to find them. As i have posted previously i went to someone who used to be a clinical advisor in the hospital at Grady for 18 years and now teaches students. You can't do better than that. I have met atleast 4 people on here that I gave her info to and they passed. Dont take peoples word for anything, but make a phone call and find out for yourself. If you would like the info email me at crazycool8@yahoo.com and i will forward and you can take two minutes of your time and get the correct help you need instead of the fly by night info i have seen posted here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shulliekendrick in Katy, Texas

27 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the LVN-RN program @ Excelsior College and I used MyStudygroup101 and the Excelsior pratice exams to pass all the tests except the first 2. As of Sept 1,2012 I have completed all my nursing theory and currently enrolled in the FCCA, with only my CPNE remaining. I learned so much from the information that was provided via MyStudyGroup,they saved my life. They actually have some of the same questions almost word for word as the pracrice exams Excelsior offer. I actually learned more at Excelsior than the nursing program at a traditional college (I experienced both. So it is possible to pass if you put the study time in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida

27 months ago

People I am pretty amazed at the attitudes about the preparation for the CPNE. I will put it to you as delicately and honestly as possible. The CPNE is not designed for a high pass rate or college credibility would be lost and said to be to bf being as hard as all colleges being a work study program. With that being said this weekend will cost you a minimum of about $2500 for the weekend between hotel, food and CPNE. This being a non-refundable price that will be due again if you don't pass the first time. That is the reality. Here is another reality. The college itself tells you the CPNE has about a 65% pass rate for first timers which I will tell you through my experience and that of countless students is this number they are giving is high. Under 50% is more like it and if I really want to be a realist I would estimate it at about 45%. On the average there are about 7 people that will start the weekend with you. From the average I am hearing, 3 will be lucky to pass. Sound scary?? Well if you are unprepared it is. So if you DONT HAVE the money to do a workshop, dont bother to take the test until you do. Secondly be sure to do the RIGHT workshop. There are a lot out there that are worthless. Personally I did two. If you do Lynn's workshop, your wasting your money. She does a 30 - 40 person class with the basics with absolutely no hands on and actually over teaches some things that werent even necessary. I was lucky enough to have a friend who did the program before me find a woman who used to work for Excelsior doing the actual clinical examiner at the hospitals for the CPNE for 18 years that retired and now holds workshops at her home that are 1 - 3 person hands on. For info email me at crazycool8@yahoo.com and i will forward. Please people, be smart about it, its an expensive venture to go unprepared to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DeeDee619 in San Diego, California

27 months ago

Robin Amore in Titusville, Pennsylvania said: I am doing the Excelsior course because I just don't have time to go back to college it has worked out for me so far I am over half way there.

Is there any information or help you can share with me about your expericene with Excelsior College and getting liscened...

27 months ago

You have to call your board of nursing for the amount of clinical hrs u have to perform before lic.

27 months ago

Its a case by case basis I think!! I read this boards posting....they have information posted about Excelsior College on the BRN website...

27 months ago

Hello Shulliekendrick in Texas--I agree with everyone on this site--You NEED a workshop before CPNE--I just happen to off a workshop with lots of hands on and teach you the excelsior way. there are other workshops out there, but beware--I won't say anything negative about any of them, but with som e you are wasting your money and time--I know--I did one of them. anyone can contact me thru this site or look at cpneworkshops of michigan--good luck to all of you. Linda

27 months ago

I know everyone is concerned about the CPNE and it is an expensive endeaver--room,meals,test,white uniforms,travel---please go to a workshop--I offer one in Michigan, but if you don't go to mine--Please I beg you to find a good one and attend it before you try the CPNE. I have alot of hands on practice, small class size-individual attention. I go over everything according to the 19th edition of the guide. cpneworkshops of Michigan---thank you for reading this. Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

shulliekendrick in Katy, Texas said: I am currently enrolled in the LVN-RN program @ Excelsior College and I used MyStudygroup101 and the Excelsior pratice exams to pass all the tests except the first 2. As of Sept 1,2012 I have completed all my nursing theory and currently enrolled in the FCCA, with only my CPNE remaining. I learned so much from the information that was provided via MyStudyGroup,they saved my life. They actually have some of the same questions almost word for word as the pracrice exams Excelsior offer. I actually learned more at Excelsior than the nursing program at a traditional college (I experienced both. So it is possible to pass if you put the study time in.

Hi I have just enrolled into the LVN to RN program.If you have any information or study material. I'd be interested in your feed back or input. Please lets me know if you could help me out. Thanks, Dee

27 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: I know everyone is concerned about the CPNE and it is an expensive endeaver--room,meals,test,white uniforms,travel---please go to a workshop--I offer one in Michigan, but if you don't go to mine--Please I beg you to find a good one and attend it before you try the CPNE. I have alot of hands on practice, small class size-individual attention. I go over everything according to the 19th edition of the guide. cpneworkshops of Michigan---thank you for reading this. Linda

I will contact you as I get closer to my CPNE! I'd love to attend a class and get updated current information on the CPNE!! Thanks, Dee

27 months ago

DEE DEE, in San Diego, I just wanted to let you know I am having a workshop the end of OCT if you are interested at that time. Thanks linda

27 months ago

If anyone is in the Florida area, i have the full set of books for the class that i am selling as I finished the program. They are used so I can sell for $200 which is a quarter of the price for them new!! Im sure if you have checked it out you know by now. Email me at crazycool8@yahoo.com if interested. i am in cape coral area

Crystal Echols in Baltimore, Ohio

26 months ago

I have 3 College Network books available for sale. LOW Price!!! I have Microbiology, Nursing Concepts 1, and World Religions. Contact me at crystallynn71@wildblue.net or through here.

juststew21 in Pineville, North Carolina

26 months ago

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida said: If anyone is in the Florida area, i have the full set of books for the class that i am selling as I finished the program. They are used so I can sell for $200 which is a quarter of the price for them new!! Im sure if you have checked it out you know by now. Email me at crazycool8@yahoo.com if interested. i am in cape coral area

Hi, I am interested in the examiner info for CPNE. I live in the Orlando area. Did you test in Naples, FL?

NurseMelanie in Augusta, Georgia

26 months ago

lynnelindsey73@yahoo.com in Sacramento, California said: Stay away from excelsior college , they are con artists. I took their exam 3 times the aloted times you can take their clinical exams. I had ten yrs. Of acute care hospital experience, I'm television and IV certified, I have started 100's. I have Started 100's of iv's and have given countless Blood Transfusion etc.
The reason i did Not Pass : was told i did not know how to take a BP...
Give me a break...
STAY AWAY, they have been banned from most of the states in US
They are crooks...
They already know before they even get to meet you who is going to pass...
Only one will pass...

I had to reply to your post and say this. I just graduated from Excelsior College this month. It took me a while to do and yes it was a very hard program. I worked full time. I studied hard and passed all of the exams. As an LPN, my only experience was working in a medical office and nursing home. I was not proficient at starting IV's nor did I have the "experience" of a hospital nurse. I studied very, very hard for the CPNE and passed it July 15th first time around at Southern Regional hospital near Atlanta. This is a wonderful college. The examiners did not know me from ADAM. I worked hard. That's how I got my degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kathleenpalka@yahoo.com in Huntington, New York

26 months ago

I am looking for any study guides from the lpn to rn excelsior program. I also would like any feedback about the program.
thank you

ItsJustClaire in New Haven, Michigan

26 months ago

Try www.studygroup101.com - excellent study guides cheap ($10), you can't beat the price for the amount of info.

26 months ago

thank you for your help but is there booklets instead of downloading on the computer.

Gladitsover in Port Charlotte, Florida

26 months ago

If anyone is interested i have the full set of Excelsior College books I am selling for $200.00 plus shipping. I live in SW Florida so anyone close even better. I also have study guides from online I will give as well. PLease email me your address if interested, or at least the zip code so that i can go to post office to price out to crazycool8@yahoo.com

shullie in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

kathleenpalka@yahoo.com in Huntington, New York said: thank you for your help but is there booklets instead of downloading on the computer.

There are study guides from mystudygroup101 which will help you to pad all the exams. You also have to read the material that excelsior require and you will pass. I put in the work as if i was in the classroom and I passed. I'm now taking the FCCA which is very difficul yeart, but if i made it via all the theory, I can make it via this. Don't look for the program to be easy bc it isn't. They are not just going to hand you a RN degree, you will have to work for it just like any traditional classroom. I also advise to work at least a yr as a LVN so it won't be as hard, experience makes a huge difference. I started the program as a new nurse and failed a few times. I sat out for about about 3 years and now I passed every class with ease. But all the books Excelsior require, cover the study guide front to back, devotespecific study time
And you will pass. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Thank you for the advice.

piratesoul

24 months ago

Has anyone gone through the College Network?

24 months ago

I hold workshops in Michigan and so far all my students have passed. The CPNE is not an easy week-end-please I think you will find my workshop worth your time. I actually teach you "the excelsior way" The week-end is expensive at at least $2500 and non of this is refundable if you don't pass. go prepared and confident. check out my website --CPNE of michigan----or feel free to call me and leave a message--I promise to call you back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

the college network does not have a good reputation--you are better off going thru RUE educational or just going thru excelsior college bookstore with study guides--also ---my study group 101 was a good resource.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Linda from tuskeegee. although it is nice you are doing workshops, can you please tell me your qualifications for this? If i remember right you are an ex-student and I dont see how that qualifies you or helps other students as i am an ex-student as well and would never take anyones future into my own hands as it was a very hard and expensive weekend and although i was prepared i would never try to school another student.

24 months ago

DEE DEE 619---just wondered where you are with your nursing degree fromm excelsior. i will be holding another workshop in feb if you are still interested. Linda

24 months ago

imgladitsover--Yes I am a graduate of excelsior college--all of my students have passed the cpne first time. I also have a teaching degree from Western mich. I have a hands on workshop and use the latest study guide from excelsior. my students pratice all the areas of care, labs, numonics, care plans,math calculations, rationale, charting. I attempt to prepare my students well for their cpne week-end. As you know it is expensive and I think everyone going thru this need a workshop --if not mine--take someones. this week-end is too important to go without being prepared. I also have small classes to give everyone alot of attention. i am NOT out to make a lot of money--so far I have NOT mad a dime on these workshops--I work a full time job myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.