Background

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 152)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Deb-Okc, Ok in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

37 months ago

Stacey in Tampa, Florida said: I live in Tampa and was interested in becoming a LPN. My problem is that I had a felony conviction 10 years ago that was non violent/non drug related. Would I have a chance at getting both a LPN job and passing the test requirements? Please advise

Just have it expunged BEFORE you graduate from Lpn school!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Stacey in Tampa, Florida said: I live in Tampa and was interested in becoming a LPN. My problem is that I had a felony conviction 10 years ago that was non violent/non drug related. Would I have a chance at getting both a LPN job and passing the test requirements? Please advise

Just have it expunged BEFORE you graduate from Lpn school!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Stacey:

All you have to do is get an expungement BEFORE graduation. I know~!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Stacey in Tampa, Florida said: Oh I forgot to mention that my civil rights were restored about 5 years ago and I have had steady employment since 1999.

Hey Stacey-I forgot to tell you-you are hearing it from the Horses Mouth-u can get into an Lpn program without an expungement-but just have it expunged before you graduate. But it wouldn't hurt to check with your state first. In Ohio I did it just the way I'm telling you.

john thomas in Atlanta, Georgia

35 months ago

i was arrested back in 05 in miami fl, when a police pulled me over, didn't explain why he was pulling me over. he asked me for my driver's license and i told him that i was just on my way to go get it because i had left it at home. so he was like whats your social and who car is this.I said to him that its my wife and i, he said it doesn't match i said that's because its a new car and the tags in transfer process, i said if you pull up the tag you will see my name and here's the title for the new car with my name. He went back to the car came back and said are you carlos, at this time i was annoyed, so i was like no im another name and i smile and he said oh you being a smart ass and told me to step out of the vehicle and said im under arrest for giving a false name. now my drivers license was cleared, no warrants, so i had no need to hide from anything. He booked me for resisting arrest w/o violence due to giving a false name. when i got to se the judge, he gave me my choices, plead guilty, which i wasnt doing, plead not guilty and take it to trial, trial take too long of a process, or plea nolo and do a course so i pleaded nolo. the charges were dismissed but by me being arrested its affecting my job hunt, i been on many job interviews and this has been a major problem for me being selected. what can i do to get rid of this obstacle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nikkip1117 in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

that should not be a factor, was it a felony? see if u can get it expunged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pretzel in Freeport, Illinois

35 months ago

I have been thinking about going to school as as a Certified Medical Assistant and I was wondering if it would be a lost cause or not because I have battery on my record as a misdenmeanor. This happened in 2007 and just don't know if I would be considered or not to get hired as a CMA ever or any position in the hospital/clinic setting. Any info appeciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deb in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

34 months ago

Rebecca: I had mine expunged before graduation-in any state you can do that first. Try getting a copy of the offense-take it to the BON there. Show them that it wasn't bad. Inform them of what the attorney said-get a copy of what he/she said, regarding counsel with this matter. Maybe you can report him to the Barr-and get him reprimanded. Or tell him you will if he doesn't write something on your behalf, stipulating HE was at fault. Good luck-Deb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Plainfield, Illinois

34 months ago

I already asked him to do that as well as my new lawyer asked him and he declined! I have a good lawyer now, I'm just not sure that's going to be enough. I worked REALLY hard at nursing school passed all my classes on the first try and passed my boards on the first try. I recently lost my home to foreclosure and my kids have gone without for several years. I had planned to get my RN or BSN in a year but I'm just not sure that's going to be something I should plan on now! I'm so discouraged. It's been almost 3 weeks since I got the letter from the BON requesting certified court documents and a letter of explanation. My new lawyer is already telling me that if the board is going to deny me my license that he will ask if I can rescind my application so that I can take my boards in another state with full disclosure of the misdemeanor. It seems like a lot of hoops to jump through and there is still NO guarantee that I will get a license. I don't know how I will explain this to my children who were so proud of me. This has all been such a let down after a constant struggle for the last 3 years to keep our heads above water! All I wanted to do was have a career that made me feel like I was making a positive difference in the lives of others and helping them maintain optimal health.

34 months ago

Well then that should tell you about the attorney you had. File a grieveance against his license to practice then with the Barr. At least then he will know that he just can't issue advice without reprecussions. Since he won't do that-then that's an admission of guilt-wouldn't you say? Go go court and get your documents then-that's what the BON wants-then get a copy and take it to them Rebecca. It will show what is and isn't on it. It's not like-anyone at the BON in ANY state hasn't or had or had some kind of misdemeanor or tickets. But, as for the attorney-call the Barr Assoc. and ask them to send you a form to you to fill out. Send back certified and keep copy. I should've been an attorney for nurses. Please keep me posted. Deb

34 months ago

Thank you for your support Deb. I'm so stressed out over this whole thing. It's like an absolute nightmare. I'm praying that I will hear something back next week. I'm sending my document and letter to the BON on Thursday after my lawyer adjusts the letter. I feel as though my life is at a stand still right now. I've had several places call me for interviews and I've had to hold them off until I get this worked out! I pray that my new lawyer can get me through this without any damage or that I'll be able to take boards over again in another state and move on from there. I would hate to think that all my hard work is for nothing.

34 months ago

I fully support you Rebeccca-but you do need to file a grievance with the Barr against that other attorney-I mean PIG-don't let him get off Scott free-make him sweat!! And send everything certified-to the Barr and definitely to the BON-no excuses!! And I want to hear back from you-understand? Deb

34 months ago

Deb, I will let you know as soon as I hear something, I'm anxiously waiting to hear something myself. If they deny me the sad thing is, is I will be separated from my children again so that I can get licensed in another state! I wish that the BON knew how hard I worked at this and how much my kids have gone without so that I could finally get into my dream career. I agree with you that my original lawyer was a pig! This should have never stuck in the first place. I've put so much into this career I can't imagine doing anything else. So tomorrow is the big day for sending my information in. I'm praying for my big break so I can help those in need. It's all in the hands of the BON.

Mishka in Winter Garden, Florida

34 months ago

Rebecca in Plainfield, Illinois said: Thank you for your support Deb. I'm so stressed out over this whole thing. It's like an absolute nightmare. I'm praying that I will hear something back next week. I'm sending my document and letter to the BON on Thursday after my lawyer adjusts the letter. I feel as though my life is at a stand still right now. I've had several places call me for interviews and I've had to hold them off until I get this worked out! I pray that my new lawyer can get me through this without any damage or that I'll be able to take boards over again in another state and move on from there. I would hate to think that all my hard work is for nothing.

I think you will be fine Rebecca. I had to write the BoN because I was arrested for Contributing to the delinquency of minors. Sounds really bad. I was at a house party with a bottle of alcohol in my hand, the police broke up the party and I was 21 and the owner of the house was 19. The bottle was not opened and the judge dismissed the case before we even went to court. Just write about the offense and tell them how proud you have made your kids and everything you have told us. I wish you the best and let us know what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Mishka in Winter Garden, Florida said: I think you will be fine Rebecca. I had to write the BoN because I was arrested for Contributing to the delinquency of minors. Sounds really bad. I was at a house party with a bottle of alcohol in my hand, the police broke up the party and I was 21 and the owner of the house was 19. The bottle was not opened and the judge dismissed the case before we even went to court. Just write about the offense and tell them how proud you have made your kids and everything you have told us. I wish you the best and let us know what happens.

I'm sending my letter and certified court documentation out Thursday certified 1 day mail. I'm hoping to hear back next week or the following. My biggest concern is that I didn't disclose this in the first place because my old lawyer from another state told me I didn't have to, it didn't show up when my college did a background check on me ( I did clinical's for 5 months at a hospital, with no problems), and even when I did a background check on myself nothing showed up. I really hope you are right that this will all turn out ok, because I have been so depressed just from the thought of not getting my license that I worked so hard for. I had a 3.93 GPA for 49 credits at my first college that I did my prereq's at and passed all of my nursing classes with A's and B's on the first time and passed my NCLEX the very first time.

34 months ago

I'm rooting for you girl!!!

34 months ago

Thank you again Deb. I need all the support I can get. I just hope and pray all of my hard work will pay off. I will keep you posted on whats going on. Every day is a struggle for me to think about anything else. My life is in limbo right now. I pray that someone on the board will look at my age and see this is a one time misfortune and see that I am a good person who just wants to have a job that I feel like I'm making a positive difference medically in the lives of others. That's all I've ever wanted to do besides be a great Mother to my kids.

33 months ago

Howz it going Rebecca? Any good newz?

33 months ago

Deb in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Howz it going Rebecca? Any good newz?

Deb, I'm so sorry I didn't let you know right away! I just got my license yesterday!!!! I can't believe it. They didn't even have me appear in front of them! As soon as my lawyer called me and I got my license number I contacted the potential employment places that I had to put on hold because of this. One of my possible job opportunities was already filled but I've got two interviews next week! The last 3 weeks have been a total nightmare, but now I have hope again that soon I will be employed in my dream career so that within the next year I can go back to school to get my RN! Thank you again for all of your support. You kept my hope alive when I felt I had none! Bless you, you are a wonderful person that I hope to meet someday! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. I personally had a lot to be thankful this year!

33 months ago

A major congratz Rebecca!!! I pazz through Il. on my way back and forth to Ohio. Hopefully we can do a quick lunch either way someday-personal email is: truprzma@yahoo.com-pronounced-trooper's ma. Plz plz-stay in touch! Deb

33 months ago

Hey Rebecca; Howz it going on with the job opportunities?

busterboomer in Birmingham, Alabama

32 months ago

Worried... in Tucson, Arizona said: I have been an lpn for 20 years and wanted to get rn. I am a very good nurse.
I got a misdemeanor dui, and now face losing licensure over it. Did not ever break the scope of my licensure.. what can I do? State boards are taking 6 months plus to review stuff. Can I work as a cna?

omg arizona is the worse. but once they review your case you will drop urine for 6 months, go for outpatient treatment, and your boss at your current workplace will review your work performance every couple of months. i was in tucson and it was a nightmare, but never lost my license. they are just tough. good luck

anonymouz in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

32 months ago

Windergirl in Monroe, Georgia said: Hi, I have misdemeanor bad check charge from 1996--all that is on my record. Anyone know if I will be able to get a LPN license or even go through the clinicals at school? I am in GA.

Have it expunged before you graduate from Lpn school!! From the horsez mouth.

Stacey in Casselberry, Florida

29 months ago

Aspiring LPN in Tampa, Florida said: 5 years ago I was arrested for aggrevated child abuse. The charges were dropped and I was never convicted of any crimes. Do I have any chance of becoming a LPN? I explained the situation to the school and I was told that since There was no convictions I shold be OK. I am very excited at the idea of becoming a nurse and this arrest on my record can make my dream never become a reality. Thanks for your comments.

My advice would be to get it expunged. All healthcare agencies do a level 2 background check whuuch means arrests show up. My sister falsely accused me of domestic violence while she was pregnant and I was arrested. I graduated last December from an LPN program. I had no problem with the state board of nursing getting approved to take my nclex. But as soon as they see that charge even though the case was dismissed, I can't get hired. I'm working on the expungement process now which takes about 6 months so the sooner the better. And don't let anyone tell you it can't be expunged, I've spoken with the FDLE expungement department numerous times and they say each time that as long as the case was dismissed it can be expunged.

Gayegab in Saint Petersburg, Florida

26 months ago

Hi i have work in a large hospital for 15 yrs and another hospital for the past year in cleveland,ohio. More than 12 yrs ago I plea no contest to domestic violence. Stupid of me,thought I was making life easy on my children,didn't realize this would follow me to a new state,Florida when I try to get jobs in hospitals here. Ohio doesn't let you expunge domestic violence cases. Do you know if Ohio lets you get a "Certificate of Good Conduct" or Certificate of Relief of Disabilities".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dev in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

26 months ago

Try Whitney Ake in Canton, Ohio-can't remember the number-Deb

StaceyLynn in Winter Park, Florida

26 months ago

hello in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I am LPN and I am being accused of some a crime which could lead to arrest and it can be a felony. Will I loose my license? Do I need to report it to the Board of Nursing? I am so scared and I do not know what to do. This is my career. I have been a LPN for 7 years and I had been in trouble before but I have been nothing but good things I have my ALF.. Can someone help me???? I have obtain an attonery but I do not want this on my records.

If you are arrested or charged it will show on a level 2 background check which is required for a nursing job in the state of Florida. I'm not sure if other states. I was falsely accused of something I didn't do, was arrested for a ridiculous charge that ended up being a felony, but it was thrown out and charges were never filed by the state. The charge still shows up on my background check and although it isn't a conviction I've still been turned down for jobs. However, with the board of nursing... When I registered to take my boards it took a little longer to get approved but I didn't have to turn in anything or explain anything because it was only an arrest, and the care was dismissed. But if you have a pending charge with no disposition, you won't be able to sit for boards until its resolved. Hope this helps. If you do get charged and it gets dismissed or thrown out, get it expunged ASAP!!

dee in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

25 months ago

I recently applied for my nursing lic. in fl, on my backround check they found a misdemeanor charge of writing a bad check that was dismissed from 1978, in Ct, that I have to explain, the courts in CT have no record of it so they told me I have to get a record check from the Ct state police I hope the nursing board accepts that. I had forgotten all about it, I can't believe they are stressing me about something from 34 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pporter37 in Lakewood, New Jersey

25 months ago

I just relocated to ct in may 2012 was suppose to renew my nj license in may but didnt i now want to apply for a ct license will i be able to? I'm an lpn 20 years never had any problems with my nj license

Tericekirby in New York, New York

25 months ago

I don't know. Since they do background checks in all the states of the US I doubt you'll have trouble but I am guessing.

sm in Houston, Texas

21 months ago

hello in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: I am LPN and I am being accused of some a crime which could lead to arrest and it can be a felony. Will I loose my license? Do I need to report it to the Board of Nursing? I am so scared and I do not know what to do. This is my career. I have been a LPN for 7 years and I had been in trouble before but I have been nothing but good things I have my ALF.. Can someone help me???? I have obtain an attonery but I do not want this on my records.

You are not alone. I too am facing a felony. I am being charged with copyright infringement that I didnt even know I committed. By the grace f God my case looks good. i have a great defence team that the good Lord is working through. I wrote to the board and explain the charges in order to be approved to sit the boards. I go through alot of mood swings because of this and this is putting alot of stress on my unborn child. But I have faith everything is going to work out. Its good you let them know, because if you renew your license, even a complaint is possible to show up.

Playtrombone64 in Leavenworth, Kansas

21 months ago

Brandon Szalai in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: If you were prescribed Vicoden by an actual doctor, you shouldn't have any problems giving up your medical records. Some medication when metabolized can give false positives on certain drug screens, especially urine drug screens. I've never heard of Vicoden giving off a Phenobarb false positive, I really don't think that's possible. There's more to this story than you are telling.

I also want to point out that your spelling and punctuation leave a lot to be desired, especially for someone who is suppose to be educated. And no, you cannot get your license in your home state if you were denied or had a license revoked/suspended in another state. Ever hear about computers. All the state boards of nursing are all connected together. If you lie about not having a criminal record you might get away with it at first but they do do background checks on all licensed nurses, even if you are renewing your license.

*Vicodin
*supposed
*Ever hear about computers? (question not a statement)

I'd hold off giving lectures about grammar and spelling if I were you.

Mark Trzeciak in Casheville, North Carolina

21 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: Can you explain how having a DUI offense is a disability??? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Alcoholism is a disease and a protected class.

Hopeful Daisy in Deltona, Florida

18 months ago

Hello, and happy V-Day to everyone!

April 26, 2012 I was charged with DUI w/ personal and property damage. I have learned my lesson. I have lost everything I worked so hard for including an awesome paying job. Like I said I have learned from my mistakes and payed my dues from it. I now want to renew my CNA certification, but some people are telling me that the board will deny my renewal because of my charge, but there is some telling me to go for it and that everything is going to be okay. My thing is that I do not want to pay to challenge the test which will be a little over $200 then pay for the back ground test $65.00 that is close to $300.00. I am so scared to put up that type of money then getting denied. I am a single mother of two beautiful kids, with no type of support. please I need some advise. thank you so much for your time :)

worried in Pa in Home, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

I have a misdemeanor 3 in Pa.that has nothing to do with nursing. It is the lowest charge you can get. I received a fine from the state board of nursing for $500. they say if I don't pay it in 30 days I risk losing my LPN license. How can they do this I have paid my fines the court gave me, how can the nursing board also fine me?

worried in Pa in Morrisdale, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

I received a misdemeanor 3 (the lowest charge you can get) that has nothing to do with nursing I paid my fine to the court Now I received a packet from the state board of nursing stating I have to pay them $500. How an they do this. They say if I don't pay it in 30 days I risk losing my license.

Reyt in Lawton, Oklahoma

13 months ago

I have a juvenile record (from 10 yrs ago) along with 2 misdemeanor charges, & a solicitation arrest (that was DISMISSED). The misdemeanors were from about 7 yrs ago. All of those things were disclosed to the oklahoma board of nursing, when I submitted my application along with the required certified documents & statements of the circumstances. 1 mis was for carrying a switchblade in another state, & the second was for disorderly loitering. It's been about two wks & to my knowledge my app is under "further review". :-..( I'm applying to test for lpn. I'm soooo nervous & trying not to feel distraught. Does anyone have any experience with some background similar to mine? What are the chances of the board granting me permission test without any stipulations on a license!? When could I expect to receive an ATT!? All I can do is pray :-(

SpaceCadet93 in Chattanooga, Tennessee

13 months ago

Hello there, I live in Chattanooga, Tn and I am interested in becoming a Registered Nurse. However, I have three misdemeanor theft charges and I'm on house arrest for a year. Also, I'm nineteen years old. I'm really hoping upon completing house arrest that I can still go to school for nursing, but I'm afraid the mistakes I've made will mean I've ruined my entire future. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has been in a similar situation and if you were still able to become a RN. From what I have read even if I get it expunged the BON will still be able to see my charges so I'm just curious as to what steps I should be taking at this point or if there are even any to take?

rebeccajnorman@hotmail.com in Marion, Ohio

12 months ago

nikkip in Columbus, Ohio said: I have a drug trafficking charge from 1993 and a theft charge 1994 i was able to take the LPN exam but they put perm restictions on my license and i have not ben able to find a job

WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? i was enrolled and dismissed from a diplomacy program because i have an expunged bad check charge from 2000 and their clinical sight wouldnt except me. the board will allow me to sit for the exam if i can find an acredited nursing program with clinical sights that will except me and allow me to compleat the program. also how do you post on this page?

12 months ago

nikkip in Columbus, Ohio said: I have a drug trafficking charge from 1993 and a theft charge 1994 i was able to take the LPN exam but they put perm restictions on my license and i have not ben able to find a job

WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? i was enrolled and dismissed from a diplomacy program because i have an expunged bad check charge from 2000 and their clinical sight wouldnt except me. the board will allow me to sit for the exam if i can find an acredited nursing program with clinical sights that will except me and allow me to compleat the program. are there any nursing schools in ohio that will allow you to successfully compleat the program so you can sit for the boards dispit an expunged bad check conviction? thank you in advance for your time and any response!

12 months ago

are there any nursing schools in ohio that will enroll and allow compleation of their program to students with an expunged bad check charge on the criminal record? thanks in advance for any replies!

12 months ago

rebeccajnorman@hotmail.com in Marion, Ohio said: WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? i was enrolled and dismissed from a diplomacy program because i have an expunged bad check charge from 2000 and their clinical sight wouldnt except me. the board will allow me to sit for the exam if i can find an acredited nursing program with clinical sights that will except me and allow me to compleat the program. also how do you post on this page?

as far as finding a job , have you tried any clinics like at a factory maybe honda or whirlpool or a private practis?

becca in marion in Marion, Ohio

12 months ago

are there any clinical sites in or near marion ohio that will except nursing students with a bad check charge (sealed record)

sm in Katy, Texas

12 months ago

Please visit my blog at myopinionstates.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/sometimes-nurses-need-a-listening-ear/.
I am a blogger that is trying to bring nurses that are going through difficult times and also I am able to relate to some of the issues in this forum. I am a listening ear.

delisah68 in Richmond, Virginia

11 months ago

Fancyb in Macon, Georgia said: Don't give up keep trying and trust in GOD he will come through for you!! I just received my license today for LPN I was scared to death at first but I decided not to worry and just trust and wait. I was arrested and the cased has been dismissed in court as well as expunged from my record. Try talking to someone in your area about expungement.

I have my cna but i do have a criminal history. i am going to try either for my cma certificate or lpn license. i am excited about this and i like your advice: trusting in God. He came through for me. it took me a while to get a job as a cna but God came through for me and blessed me with a job. now He has given me the dream to do and be more. i am waiting on Him to tell me if he wants me to cma or lpn.

shannonkelley in New York, New York

10 months ago

Try to get your record expunged. Getting the record sealed will not help. The main difference being that an expunged record is erased and gives you the legal right to say you have no criminal record. A sealed record will turn up on a background check. If you've already disclosed your record with the State Board, it's probably too late. My suggestion would be to move, although I don't know if the State Board in OK has the right to share info w/ other states. Check it out before making any major decisions. If you haven't disclosed, you need to get a copy of your arrest record (aka. RAP sheet). In OK you must contact OSBI. They have an application online, which you must print out and mail w/ a $15 money order. Then, you can submit your case to legal aid if you cannot afford an attorney. If you can afford one, Michael Risely is supposed to be the best in Oklahoma. Good luck.

10 months ago

Playtrombone64 in Leavenworth, Kansas said: *Vicodin
*supposed
*Ever hear about computers? (question not a statement)

I'd hold off giving lectures about grammar and spelling if I were you.

Does one have to submit medical records to sit for the boards? Are potential employers allowed to view the medical records of an applicant? I'm hoping and assuming that they are not allowed unless this person has been in trouble for ingesting controlled substances without a prescription. I find it funny that there is another person out there who is a stickler for grammar and spelling. Although I wouldn't point out the mistakes of others, I have often wondered why educated people would overlook something so basic. I suppose I should take solace in the fact that these are the very people I will competing with to get into the nursing program.

10 months ago

OHC in Haines City, Florida said: I had a similar issue, in fact.. I had it when I first was licensed back in the 90's, but I submitted proof that I had been clean and sober for over 8 years, and had maintained stability, etc.
After several years of practice, I was nearing burn out, my child had a stroke (at age three) and my wife decided to seek a divorce so she could get government subsidized housing , since we had lost everything due to 100's of thousands in medical bills for my daughter.
I left nursing, and relapsed..I got picked up for possession, and eventually went through a long term treatment program, which I completed successfully.
I waited for a long time, and then after many years of clean time, and lots of
rebuilding, I applied for and was licensed again.
What the Board looks for is significant and well documented effort of rehabilitation..if You have that, I see no problem
Good luck and God Bless.

How does one prove their sobriety? If that person is in AA, it would seem to me that, given the issue of anonymity, they could not prove it. If a person is sober for eight years, would they be expected to be in a drug/alcohol treatment program and then allow access to their medical records? That would be an expensive proposition. Perhaps this said person could submit to urine tests. It seems somewhat extreme, but from what I've read, extreme scrutiny seems to the norm.

shannonkelley in Bronx, New York

10 months ago

I have read so many disturbing comments about how far companies will go to narrow down the amount of people eligible for jobs,even at a fast food restaurant. If you are an adult with a juvenile record for stealing a pack of gum when you were nine years of age, you can forget about getting a job. In addition to background checks, potential employers are allowed to check a persons credit history, and, if I understand correctly, a persons medical records. What's next? This is the stuff of science fiction novels. I can't help wondering what's going to happen ten years from now. I'll bet that at some point in the future, one will not only have to supply every detail of his/her background, employment history, etc. but also those of their parents and grandparents. Once medical technology has evolved to the point of parents being able to choose certain characteristics of their unborn infant, it's only a matter of time before potential employers will be allowed access to an applicants DNA. This kind of scrutiny is rendering people perfectly capable of performing jobs, obsolete. Why? Most things that happen in the world come down to one thing, and that thing is money. For the life of me I cant't figure out who's getting rich from this gross form of injustice. I have come to believe that it is due to the simple fact that the world is over-populated. As this continues, unemployment is going to increase. What's going to happen when all the people who have not behaved impeccably from the time of their conception until the time of their first job application? What's going to happen when hundreds of thousands of people are not able to support themselves because they made a mistake when they were ten years old? Is the state or federal government going to help? And if they do, how long can that last? How long till that money runs out? I shudder to think what the alternatives might be.

Rachel_lynnae08 in searcy, Arkansas

6 months ago

I was falsly accused of a emotional abuse allegation involving another employee stating i took a picture of a patient and placing a rude/ funny comment and sending it to other nurses...a picture was never found and every nurse I was accused of sending it too all denied but they still placed me on the elder abuse registry. Can I still get a job as a lpn if I explain the situation or should I basically kiss me career away?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.