Could I handle being an LPN?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Amy in Valley, Alabama

41 months ago

Later this month I am starting a medical office assistant program. It will take me 2 terms and at the end of those 2 terms I was planning to apply to the medical assisting diploma program. In my research about this career I have found many saying to go for LPN instead because its similar work and better pay with more employment options. Is there anything about LPN that is so drastically different that would make it harder to handle? (I don't mean hours, or working in a nursing home.. I can handle that) I mean in the actual work... I always thought I could not handle medical jobs because of the squeamish factor but I am not as squeamish as I was when I was younger so the idea of drawing blood, giving injections etc as a medical assistant does not bother me. Could I handle LPN as well?

ALso does anyone know how competitive it is to get into LPN programs as opposed to MA? At my school even MA has to submit scores and do interviews. I am really trying to make the best decision for my career as I am already 31 years old. :) Thanks for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.