English Comp

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Skeeter in Tomah, WI in Sparta, Wisconsin

58 months ago

Hi..

I am wondering if anyone has taken the Excelsior College English Comp w/written essay? Is it difficult to pass? I am wondering how skilled you have to be with writing? I have been an LPN for more than 20 years and currently work as a policeofficer. I am looking to get my RN license through excelsior while working full time. My weak points are the A&P and Micro, not sure about the written comp either, even with all the reports I write. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lucylou in Crown Point, Indiana

58 months ago

Skeeter in Tomah, WI in Sparta, Wisconsin said: Hi..

I am wondering if anyone has taken the Excelsior College English Comp w/written essay? Is it difficult to pass? I am wondering how skilled you have to be with writing? I have been an LPN for more than 20 years and currently work as a policeofficer. I am looking to get my RN license through excelsior while working full time. My weak points are the A&P and Micro, not sure about the written comp either, even with all the reports I write. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you talking the excelsior exam or the class? The exam for english comp. is a 3 essay test. I would advise if you are not experienced not to take the exam. You can take the Penn Foster English Comp 100, then transfer it to excelsior. I have taken both A&P and micro excelsior exams. They are tuff. The practice tests are of help and they are 65.00 for 2 tests. I am doing this also the excelsior way. Just getting done with all my generals after being LPN for 11 years. I'll be happy to try and help you thru the process if you need anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Henry Cook in Madison, Alabama

37 months ago

Directions: In the following sentences, the idea that the writer wished to convey is lost in the subordinate clause. Restructure the sentences so that the independent clause expresses the major idea and the minor ideas are subordinated. This assignment is worth 10 points.
1. Katherine worked as an aid for the Red Cross, distributing food and medical supplies. [Emphasize distributing food and medical supplies]

can someone give me an opinion on this exercise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.