LPN IN HOSPITALS IN ATLANTA OR NORTH CAROLINA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

KAT in Arlington, Texas

58 months ago

JZahn in North Port, Florida said: Texas all you will find is few jobs for LPN's.They want you to be bilingual!

???? It's LVN in TX, and not hospital I've worked at required me to be bilingual... Maybe in border city, but not where I live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JZahn in North Port, Florida

58 months ago

I lived in Magnlia outside Houston, many of the HCA hospitals including Texas Childrens , Texas Womens, and others want Bilingual.This is fact not fiction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: ???? It's LVN in TX, and not hospital I've worked at required me to be bilingual... Maybe in border city, but not where I live.

How about Magnolia Texas, Houston, Bilingualism is necessary and a requirement for many LPN nursing jobs, every medical office you enter 99% of the MA's and staff are LATINO, and thats a fact not an opinion. The majority of Houston Texas is Latino, every Nurse Supervisor to include Texas Childrens is a Latino!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Zack in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

JZahn, it's the same here in Arizona, only a lot of them are illegals working with fake green cards and SS numbers. The employers would rather hire them and not have to pay full market wage, than to hire an American citizen. It happens all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Zack doesn't this make you fustrated with the entire system. It is just so unjust to us the American Citezen, thats why I left Texas after 7 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

57 months ago

Well... here in Dallas-Fort Worth I have not found that being bilingual in Spanish is a requirement for many LVN jobs. Perhaps if you were employed in a densely hispanic populated area and worked in a clinic of some kind.... But for the majority of jobs, it is NOT a requirement. I really don't see a huge number of Latinos in nursing around here anyway - seems to be mostly white or african-american. I really think you are making broad generalizations not based on much fact. That is why I was sharing about the huge metro area of Texas that I reside in (DFW)... You seem to be jealous or have a big chip on your shoulder! I am proud to be an LVN and I'm sure many folks struggling out there now would love to have my job stability and income, but I guess I am JUST a low paid nurse... HA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Kat, that is why I suggested that you venture outside your city of Dallas, to see the big picture, oh and Im not jealous, just informed.I am proud to be a LPN , but unfortunately we are LOW PAIN!! I left nursing and now I am an educator, yes thats right I have several degree's to include a BSN , MEd, EDd. Yes there is a chip , do you know why, because people like you are ignorant to what is in front of you!! Look up the stats, and you will see the demographics for Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas, stats speak for themselves and are valid and reliable.Oh one more question what is your Ethnic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

57 months ago

Ok lets go back to the original question: "I PLAN ON MOVING TO ATLANTA OR NORTH CAROLINA OR TEXAS.

WHATS TH POSSIBILITIES IN THESE AREAS????"

Then I responded to a blanket statement from some one who resided in Texas for a whole 7 weeks. I wanted the original poster and others reading to see another point of view from someone who has actually lived in Texas and has been in the nursing field here for several years. I have no desire to move to other areas in Texas right now, I did however live in another state and worked as an LPN for 2 other years and also had excellent opportunities. You sound like you are angry for some reason. Calling me ignorant is laughable when you don't even live where I do. I am trying to post some helpful information for others, and while I do not know what the other metro areas are like in Texas, I can speak from experience from where I reside. The opportunities seem to be pretty good right now. I made $50k this year. Also, my ethnicity has nothing to do with this. I do not speak Spanish if that is what you are getting at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HEDY in Columbus, Ohio

57 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF LPN'S OLDER SAY 55Y AND UP HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING FT JOBS. ARE YOU PUTTING IN APPS W/YRS OF EXPERIENCE AND TOLD YOU DON'T MEET OUT CRITERIA??? WHY AM I ASKING THIS IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING MULTIPLE DOORS NOT OPENING. I PLAN ON MOVING FROM HERE TO WHERE THERE JOBS AVALIABLE. I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE BACK TO FLORIDA, CAROLINAS , GEORGIA OR EVEN TEXAS, DALLAS. CAN SOMEONE PUT A LIGHT ON THIS SITUATION. THANX

57 months ago

Hedy, I dont necessarily know if that is happening here in SW Florida, but what I can tell you is that many of us LPN's with years of experience are having to compete with foreign nurses from Hati, Philippines,Jamaica, jobs are very few here, I will be relocating soon to North Carolina, there job market is more stable. I send out on average 10 applications perday in a 50 mile radius, now I know that the hourly rate has declined here SW Florida. I had one repsonse, one in ten months.

JZ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DAK in Milton, Florida

57 months ago

JZahn in North Port, Florida said: Hedy, I dont necessarily know if that is happening here in SW Florida, but what I can tell you is that many of us LPN's with years of experience are having to compete with foreign nurses from Hati, Philippines,Jamaica, jobs are very few here, I will be relocating soon to North Carolina, there job market is more stable. I send out on average 10 applications perday in a 50 mile radius, now I know that the hourly rate has declined here SW Florida. I had one repsonse, one in ten months.

JZ

Just thought I would add some information for the panhandle of Florida. Being a LPN the only jobs you will find that hire you are the nursing homes. The doctors offices have few LPN jobs and mostely hire MA's because they work cheaper and the hosptials only use RN's now. I have been wondering what is happening to the LPN jobs. The nursing home enviroments are like some communities. If you are the friend of the staff coordinater or DON then you have it made, most all others get the crappy schedules and units. Pay ranges in nursing homes range from $15 to $18 an hour depending on shift and if you are IV certified. Patient load is usually 25-30 residents on days and 45-60 on nights. Med runs are the hardest on the 7-3 shifts and you have to deal with phones calls, lab reports, state inspections and department heads taking the charts (and is the lowest paid). Most of the younger LPNs I know are in school or going back to school for RN because of the job market. I decided to go back to school but not for RN but for a Bachelors in Human Service Management. Hopefully in that field they will have some respect for their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

succesful LPN and RN in Hollywood, Florida

55 months ago

JZahn in North Port, Florida said: Kat, that is why I suggested that you venture outside your city of Dallas, to see the big picture, oh and Im not jealous, just informed.I am proud to be a LPN , but unfortunately we are LOW PAIN!! I left nursing and now I am an educator, yes thats right I have several degree's to include a BSN , MEd, EDd. Yes there is a chip , do you know why, because people like you are ignorant to what is in front of you!! Look up the stats, and you will see the demographics for Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Dallas, stats speak for themselves and are valid and reliable.Oh one more question what is your Ethnic?

you are a racist b.......... need to get out of your shell and find out where your family came from, because that is what this country is, a mix of cultures, they all came from Ireland, England, etc, so stop being so racist and use all those dgrees you have and start doing research because the only ones that are really native americans are the indians. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jzahn in Bedford, Virginia

47 months ago

I suggest trying the DOD, go to the Medcell website and create an account, DOD Army Navy jobs are stable and they are more likely to hire,best of luck

jm in Cartersville, Georgia

45 months ago

After reading all these comments I am very nervous and afraid I have wasted my time getting my LPN....does anyone have anything encouraging to say??

JZ in Bedford, Virginia

44 months ago

Kat I am not even going to respond to that ridiculous comment, grow up!!!

JZ in Bedford, Virginia

44 months ago

relocated in North Bergen, New Jersey said: "you must speak dirty wetback!!" haha

Oh so you have relocated, hmm interesting what Texas was not a great place to work or live!!!!

F.Sparks in Haines City, Florida

37 months ago

JZahn in North Port, Florida said: Hedy, I dont necessarily know if that is happening here in SW Florida,
but what I can tell you is that many of us LPN's with years of experience are having to compete with foreign nurses from Hati, Philippines,Jamaica, jobs are very few here, I will be relocating soon to North Carolina, there job market is more stable. I send out on average 10 applications perday in a 50 mile radius, now I know that the hourly rate has declined here SW Florida. I had one repsonse, one in ten months.

JZ

I must say this is true in sw florida but its not the ethnicity the problem Im haitian-american born in the us and i think the problem is crooked business owner giving less wages to foreigners this is the hugh problem because they know they wont offer an american those low wages and because some foreigners are happy to have a job they take the pay tign

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.