How much is the starting pay for LPN's in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 439 of 439)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

bowrrdb in Kansas City, Kansas

33 months ago

holly brotherton in Archie, Missouri said: i am a CNA, i am going to go to school fro LPN but was wondering what the start pay was in missouri, if anybody out there knows!!!

Starting pay is usually $15 to $17 per hour, can go up to $20.00 per hour depending on specialty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lielite in Newark, New Jersey

33 months ago

sandy in Rockford, Illinois said: MA is equal to a cna please go for the lpn starting pay 23.00 MA makes 13.00 in illinois

NURSING (LPN RN) WAGES AND CONDITIONS IN NORTH CAROLINA ARE PATHETIIIICC!!!! TRY $14.-17. AN HOUR..WTF??!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marnie in Waunakee, Wisconsin

31 months ago

lielite in Newark, New Jersey said: i got out of school and liscenced as LPN 2 yrs ago, and i dont know what you people are talking about. jobs as LPN are VERY EXTREMEMLY HARD TO COME BY, offer crap pay. i know ma's who make more with half the loans to repay, and half the knowlege! LPN SUCKS , I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, SORRY. i now have 25ooo. debty to pay off and almost impossible to pay it off!

Maybe because you have a bad attitude and don't know how to spell? I don't feel sorry for you. You get back what you put into your profession. I made $72,000 last year as a travel nurse. I am an LPN with 12 years of experience, and LOVE my life!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tisha

31 months ago

I want to enroll in LPN program here in Tennessee. Does anyone here know any other colleges that offer LPN programs except Tennessee Tech Centers? Thanks.

lula1 in Buffalo, New York

30 months ago

mumford in Buffalo, New York said: I'm in school for my lpn and its a lot of jobs here in buffalo ny for lpn and rn and lpn are starting off at $20/hour.

Where do they start you off with $20hr?

Chazb

30 months ago

I'm starting lpn school on the 25th and I am very excited. Of course I do plan to go back and become an RN once my middle child turns 7. He will be 4 once I complete lpn school. I think its easier for me being married with 3 children to do lpn 1st. Plus i will have alot of experience, from ma, cna,then lpn. Here in OKC its very easy to geta job has a lpn. Where I work now they pay 18.50.

saintkoot in Lynnwood, Washington

30 months ago

How much a lpn can possibly make in Seattle or in Lynnwood(Washington state)?

SHAWNDA in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

PHYLLIS MC in Chicago, Illinois said: BEEN A LP FOR 18YRS IN CHICAGO I MAKE 26.10/ HR PLUS 2 DOLLARS SHIFT DIFF. AND FOR 18 YRS I HAVE HEARD EVERY YEAR OH THERE GOING TO STOP USING LPN'S NEVER SAW IT IN WRITING FOR THE STATE OR ANYONE ELSE JUST RN'S. ALSO ALWAYS HEAR "I M A MA I CAN DO EVERYTHING AND LPN DOES BUT NEVER SEEN IT.

HELLO, IM A LPN IN CHICAGO..... WHERE DO U WORK? ARE THEY STILL HIRING?

the MRS. in Stockbridge, Georgia

29 months ago

bobndmel@yahoo.com in Ocoee, Florida said: You must not be looking in the right area. I'm taking the 11 month LPN course and have been offered 4 jobs already. I live in Orlando Fl and the pay they are offering is great!!

I have been an LPN 3 yrs and licensed in 2 states the least I have made is $16 the most is $24/hr very easy to find a job that was in La ANd ATL also depends on where you work

29 months ago

ERICA26LOVE in baltimore, Maryland said: WHERE I LIVE IN MARYLAND LPNS MAKE FROM $20-$32 HR BUT MAINLY IN NURSING HOMES.

I use to do a wkend special working 16hrs 2 days when you are busy it is really not that hard at all and far from dangerous its not like you would work 7 str8 days 16hrs.

29 months ago

Marnie in Waunakee, Wisconsin said: Maybe because you have a bad attitude and don't know how to spell? I don't feel sorry for you. You get back what you put into your profession. I made $72,000 last year as a travel nurse. I am an LPN with 12 years of experience, and LOVE my life!

at company do you work for as a travel nurse

wh

trisha142 in Knoxville, Tennessee

29 months ago

i live in east tenn make 27.50 hr made 55 thousand last year as lpn.you can make a living doing whatever you love.Do your job with passion the money will follow

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helen in Kansas City, Missouri

29 months ago

Chazb said: I'm starting lpn school on the 25th and I am very excited. Of course I do plan to go back and become an RN once my middle child turns 7. He will be 4 once I complete lpn school. I think its easier for me being married with 3 children to do lpn 1st. Plus i will have alot of experience, from ma, cna ,then lpn. Here in OKC its very easy to geta job has a lpn. Where I work now they pay 18.50.

Hi...I saw your post about going on for your RN after getting your LPN and wanted to let you know about a fast track method to get your RN. Some people don't know about this but it's a great way to get that RN in a faster, more flexible, and less expensive way. Look into Achieve Test Prep, the classes are all taught by RN's, and you can attend on one of their campuses or attend class online virtually. You basically test out of classes, so you learn the material, but don't have to sit through semesters of classes. It's NOT self-study, the classes are live. Look at www.achievetestprep.com/info. Best of luck to you!

alan in New York, New York

28 months ago

Kat in New York, New York said: It depends where u r and who u work for. I am a lpn in NY @ make $23/ hr but with 1199 union = 100% paid dental /medical, 4 wks paid vaca, 12 sick days, 7 personal days, paid birthday an all holidays. All the OT I want so I don't think it's a bad deal. Of course I'm going for my RN now and staying @ the same job once I get my RN, the pay goes to $33/hr with the same benifits as above. Good luck

do you know if they hiring!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Boston, Massachusetts

25 months ago

I just graduated nursing school in June 2012 and was offered 28/hr for 6 months then i begin to make 30/hr... Mass i believe pays the best for LPN's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lielite in charlotte, North Carolina

24 months ago

laticia in Hope Mills, North Carolina said: I'm a cna in south eastern nc that is looking into getting my lpn soon. Do anyone else had this experience? I know a LPN she was working in long term but said it's a good way to lose your lisense. She ended up comming to my agency and started working as a LPN in home health , but she feels it makes you loose your skills. She now is trying to get her Rn after 10+ years of being a LPN. But I don't know do anyone else know the job situation for Lpn in south eastern nc.

health care work/NURSING suxx a big one, believe me-- no $$$ or benifits either!!!. save your time.. biggest hospital nfear me layiing off 1000 this week!!!

24 months ago

the MRS. in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I have been an LPN 3 yrs and licensed in 2 states the least I have made is $16 the most is $24/ hr very easy to find a job that was in La ANd ATL also depends on where you work

health care work/NURSING suxx a big one, believe me-- no $$$ or benifits either!!!. save your time.. biggest hospital nfear me layiing off 1000 this week!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Atlanta, Georgia

23 months ago

Beth in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hi All,
I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

I would like to go to LPN school. Where did you go and how is it working out now?

Thank you!!
Chris

23 months ago

I live in Decatur, GA. and am considering going to LPN school. Can you recommend a school? How long does it take? Can you go to school at night or online?
Thanks,
Chris

Craig in Hillsdale, Michigan

23 months ago

Hi Chris, I am currently an LPN, however I just graduated with my ADN. I live in Michigan and there are quite a few jobs available here. Most of the jobs are in home health or long-term care. Pay for LPNs is typically $17.50 to $20.00 per hour in home health for new graduates. In long-term care the wage is about the same to start and goes up to around $26.00 per hour after several years of working. I would not get my degree online, I would check with any local community collages and see what programs they offer. It is important to see what their pass rate for NCLEX is as well as how many students graduate from their program. I did not check these statistics out before I started PN school and the school I attended had a 100% NCLEX pass rate, but their graduation rate was less the 25%. I assume you are asking about night school or online classes as you plan to work while in school. Depending on the school you go to working full-time may be difficult. Nursing school requires a lot of study time outside of the classroom. Most of the students that failed out of the program I was enrolled in did so because they tried to work full-time and go to school full-time, which is not good unless you have to. Practical nurse school in Ohio and Michigan is 3 semesters, that being said, there are often times prerequisites you must take before you can even apply for nursing courses. This is something else you should check on before you commit to any college. I had to take a full year of classes before I could even apply to the practical nurse program. Many colleges also require you to take, and pass, an entry test, in my case it was the HESI. I would also check into this and buy a study guide to help to prepare for the test. Entry into programs is often competitive, those with the best scores get the seats. If you have a job in mind for after graduation you may want to talk to them and see which school they recommend as they often times hire graduates from certain schools. Craig

23 months ago

Thank you very much for your reply. What is an ADN? Thanks for the info about not doing it online. Does the school you went to have a branch down here?

Craig in Hillsdale, Michigan

23 months ago

Hi Chris, ADN is Associate Degree in Science - Nursing, basically what you need to be an RN. Hopefully, this will be your next step in your nursing career. The school I attended was a local community college, as is the school I attended to receive my associates degree. If you are able to get into an ADN program this would be your best career choice in my humble opinion. However, if you are like me, I needed to get a into nursing quickly to keep an income stream flowing, so I went to be an LPN first then continued on to be an RN. I would just Google "Atlanta area community colleges" and see what comes up. You can then click on each of their respective links and do the research as mentioned in my first reply. A very important step is to see what kind of financial aid you qualify for. The first step is to fill out your FAFSA at FAFSA.gov as every college will need this information to see how much financial aid you qualify for. You will have the option to select schools to send the information to after completing the form. Send it to every college you think you may want to attend so when you do decide they will already have all the needed information and it will expedite your enrollment into the program. All of this research will pay off in the long run, stick with it Chris, nursing is a very challenging yet fulfilling career! Craig

23 months ago

Many thanks!!!

Happy New Year!

Fredzv Vogedes in Portland, Oregon

23 months ago

I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

I've been an LPN for 25 years have made real good money. Over $20 for the most part in Florida. Semi retired now and settled down to private duty. You'll always have a job as a nurse. If your still young enough go for LPN and advance as you feel ready. You can advance from an LPN to RN to Nurse Practioner. MA, can't do this as easily.

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

NYC Dee said: LPN can make a great living, I started out as a Business School Graduate LPN was a second career for me. I have made on 32 hour work weeks more than 65,000. It is very annoying when people say "are you going for your RN" LPN was a choice for me. I have worked as a Med Nurse, Staff Nurse, Supervised you name it for 20 years. I am now in the Maryland area and not sure where to work part-time and go at an easier pace...thoughts?

you made 65,000 a year in nyc?

Arie in Freeport, Illinois

21 months ago

Shemika in Atlanta, Georgia said: For LPN's it really depends on the employer and how much they're willing to pay. I just recently graduated from school as a Medical Assistant , no luck with finding a job. So now I'm enrolled in the LPN program. At least with lpn you will be able to find a job. After talking with several employers 22.00 is the amount I've been told. But look at this work at an Nursing Home for a year, then go with some of the travel companies, which offer contracts 30.00 hour. Or some of the hospitals will hire LPN on the Med- Surge floor. So do your research before you make up your mind, cause alot of people think LPN don't make money,but yes they do. It's all about who you, and who's the employer.

Thanks sooooo very much. You respones helped alot. Alot of people are saying go for your RN. But i Dont want to be a RN. I have other dreams and goals I need and want to accomplish. I feel like becoming a LPN will do for now, having a 4year old son and all. Thanks so much I am going to keep going forward with my LPN. Almost finished!!!!

Arie in Freeport, Illinois

21 months ago

the MRS. in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I have been an LPN 3 yrs and licensed in 2 states the least I have made is $16 the most is $24/ hr very easy to find a job that was in La ANd ATL also depends on where you work

Thanks sooo much for your comment moving to Atlanta this fall!!! super excited!!

Ms. Brenda in Middleburg, Florida

21 months ago

Hello everyone, for those of you who may be nurses but do not have your Phlebotomy Tech certification I just wanted to make you aware of a Phlebotomy Certification Training scholarship raffle. The drawing will be on March 1, 2013. To apply, you can visit this link: secure.pagemodo.com/m/EVVDWH

Thanks!

18 months ago

donnamusic in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I want to let others know that I live in Oklahoma City , Oklahoma.
The LPN course for 10 1/2 months is $5000.
The MA course at a health career college is $15,000, for 10 months.
To get your degree for MA at the same career college, is $25,000.
People are going to these places, paying tons of money, getting loans,
etc. and receiving in return for these high tuition rates, a very poor
education . You cannot even call it an education. Alot of the work you
do yourself and there is no lecturing going on in alot of the courses.
There are also so many students in the lab classes that a student competes
to practice and demonstrate the skills with all the other students; that is, if there is enough time to do so. There are too many students in these classes per teacher. Anyone that wants to start any medical career, be careful. We are not
getting what we pay for but more importantly, what our poor patients deserve.

AGREED, FOR I.T. OR NURSING LINCOLN TECH INSTITUTE / LTI IS HORRRRIBLE. BETTER OFF FLUSHING 20K DOWN THE TOILET!!

18 months ago

An'Tonish Hebert in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: I am thinking about going to college to be an LPN. I'm a senior in high school now,but im wondering on what is is the starting pay? Does anybody know?

AGREED, FOR I.T. OR NURSING LINCOLN TECH INSTITUTE / LTI IS HORRRRIBLE. BETTER OFF FLUSHING 20K DOWN THE TOILET!!

Blue in Colorado Springs, Colorado

15 months ago

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan said: Is it true that anyone looking to become a LPN must first have experience as a CNA ?

Good question. This is pretty much what I'm getting after doing tons of research online. I'm thinking of going for LPN, too.

MarlaWho in Midlothian, Virginia

14 months ago

I've been an LPN since 1995. (NYC) Started in substance rehab at 16 per hr then 18. Went to 20 an hour in 1998. Worked in a doctors office 2000 to 2008 started at 20 and left making 28 per hr. 2008 started doing Care Management at 70,000 a year. 2010 started working in quality 32 to 45 per hr. Look into HEDIS. The pay is great. The last two jobs recruiters contacted me about jobs in NY were paying 90 and 92,000 a year. And yes this is as an LPN! I couldn't because I had just relocated to VA. I've just started my job search here and an looking at maybe 28 to 29 per hr in quality or medical management/utilization review. Keeping my fingers crossed. Health insurance companies pay more. I haven't done hospital work and did two weeks in a nursing home early in my career and decided it's not for me. So there is money to be made as an LPN. Contact recruiters, they may have listings for jobs in non traditional nursing that may not be posted on sites.

Ladieleak in Baltimore, Maryland

11 months ago

Arie in Freeport, Illinois said: Thanks sooo much for your comment moving to Atlanta this fall!!! super excited!!

Iam also planning to move to ATL and I have been trying to get info about LPN jobs and pay rates. Does anyone know anything about LPN working in corrections? I had a company call me. And if anyone can give me info about LPN working in the schools I would really really appreciate, I can't even find out how to apply!

Ladieleak in Baltimore, Maryland

11 months ago

MarlaWho in Midlothian, Virginia said: I've been an LPN since 1995. (NYC) Started in substance rehab at 16 per hr then 18. Went to 20 an hour in 1998. Worked in a doctors office 2000 to 2008 started at 20 and left making 28 per hr. 2008 started doing Care Management at 70,000 a year. 2010 started working in quality 32 to 45 per hr. Look into HEDIS. The pay is great. The last two jobs recruiters contacted me about jobs in NY were paying 90 and 92,000 a year. And yes this is as an LPN! I couldn't because I had just relocated to VA. I've just started my job search here and an looking at maybe 28 to 29 per hr in quality or medical management/utilization review. Keeping my fingers crossed. Health insurance companies pay more. I haven't done hospital work and did two weeks in a nursing home early in my career and decided it's not for me. So there is money to be made as an LPN. Contact recruiters, they may have listings for jobs in non traditional nursing that may not be posted on sites.

I have been wanting to get into quality/ medical management but due to having no experience it's been very hard. I have seen Hedis but once again no experience. If you know of any companies that will train please let me know. Iam also looking into Health insurance companies as well, working in nursing homes and hospitals isn't really what I want either. Any info would be appreciated.

meaares in Worcester, Massachusetts

5 months ago

I'd like to hear some inspirational stories from any LPN students that have made it through the whole program and graduated at the age of 50+. Also, did they have any type of disabilities? Thank you.

Kriss in Southfield, Michigan

1 month ago

I'm an LPN in Detroit, Michigan I have been for 7 years, I make $30hr in a nursing home as a supervisor. On average most nurses start out ar $23. Home care LPN'S start out at $40 hr. It depends on how you want to hustle, my first year as a nurse I made $45k, now I make $70k.

Yvette Farnum-Antoine in marietta, Georgia

1 month ago

Im looking for LPN schools in or close to Marietta GA. All my online searches are leading me to Medical Assistant Schools. Please reply.

karreem1 in New York, New York

1 month ago

Lauriedav in Lyndhurst, New Jersey said: Hi I live in New Jersey - very close to Manhattan. I have been looking into the LPN program- I am 49 years old and run a business from home so I will more then likely be attending an evening program unless I can work something out. Anyway, I have two questions 1. Has anyone heard of or attended Merit Technical Institute? For some reason you cannot get student loans through this program - I know they have a provisional accredidation right now - their schedule works great for me but I want to make sure that the school is safe and sound. The other school I'm considering in Eastwick - they program sounds great but they are expensive.

How hard is it right now to get LPN jobs in NJ?

attend Eastwick, I have been an LPN x 18 yrs, I have heard of Eastwick not the other. Becareful

karreem1 in New York, New York

1 month ago

Yvette Farnum-Antoine in marietta, Georgia said: Im looking for LPN schools in or close to Marietta GA. All my online searches are leading me to Medical Assistant Schools. Please reply.

Just do an RN program , a waste of time I have been an Lpn x18 yrs, I know

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.