no job as lpn without experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 82 of 82)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Maria in Toms River, New Jersey

37 months ago

patelhina in Roselle Park, New Jersey said: If you have at least 3-6 months experience in a nursing home I can set you up in Monmouth county for as LPN floor nurse email me

Sure...what's your email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Baraboo, Wisconsin

37 months ago

Maria were u refering to me or someone else I am lost :)) I live in wisc and can only travel 50 miles from my home in Baraboo, I have schooling during the day starting up again in August!! I have no idea where mammoth county is :))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TcWolf in Aurora, Colorado

36 months ago

I am living in Denver. I passed NCLEX in 2010 and had trouble with my school not forwarding my transcript. So by the time Kansas finally acknowledged my license I had been forced to move back to Colorado. Colorado drug their feet in the licensure by endorsment procedings and I just got my license for colorado 3 months ago. In those three months I have yet to find a job and I have been looking high and low. I have looked in LTC, home health, hospice and even presons. Any leads would be appreciated. My E-Mail is my username plus _5737@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dianewillow@hotmail.com in Trenton, New Jersey

35 months ago

patelhina in Roselle Park, New Jersey said: If you have at least 3-6 months experience in a nursing home I can set you up in Monmouth county for as LPN floor nurse email me

18 years ltc experience LPN looking for work 7 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Vancouver, British Columbia

34 months ago

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky said: You need to work on your communication skills..that usually helps to land a good job and be treated with respect.

Especially when she could be of another culture; communication can be difficult. I wish her luck.

Ruqia in Detroit, Michigan

33 months ago

O LORD, I just graduated a month ago. Icant sleep after reading everyone's comments. Hope I don't have to go through this wha all of you had to.God bless everyone. Praying for all of you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Madison, Wisconsin

33 months ago

Ruqia in Detroit, Michigan said: O LORD, I just graduated a month ago. Icant sleep after reading everyone's comments. Hope I don't have to go through this wha all of you had to.God bless everyone. Praying for all of you

I suggest to everyone just do not go through the LPN program go straight into the RN program LPNs are being phased out do not let any one fool you into otherwise, I think it is the title as Rn that gets peoples interest peeked, for some reason LPNs get a bad rap and they r being phased out its all about the bottom line and training. I am finishing my pre- req.'s so I can go into LPN bridge ADN... still no jobs here in Wisconsin unless you have 1 yr. exp. catch hos do you get it when no one ill hire you!!what a big nasty joke....so I am continuing school and if any of you can you should too but do not stop looking and get any job if you have none as I am in that boat I am looking for anything now I gave up looking for even a CNA job I can't get hired unless it is on my school hours or I have at least 6 months as a A CNA.Furthermore, there is not many CNA jobs either...:(( so I am up against others who have at least 1 yr exp as a CNA what about my LPN schooling and the clinicals I did then last year...they do not count at all for absolutely nothing... jokes on me LOL...glad I am continuing school to be a LPN first then a RN was ab waste of valuable time!! Wish me luck and prayers that the RN program will accept me one of the pre-req.s' is to be working a as a LPN for 6 months ...what a jip...how can I get a LPN job when no one hires new graduates? I am going to have to beg and plead to the dean now LOL!

nanbernice in Joliet, Illinois

33 months ago

danielucha in Weehawken, New Jersey said: how can i get a job if they don't give oportunities to new grad to work, I passed my nclex on september 2009 and no luck. Please any suggestion

go to rn school!!!!!!!!!

jacquelyn davis in Norfolk, Virginia

33 months ago

Hello my name is Jacquelyn I am having the same problems, unfortunatedly I have had my LPN license since 2008. I have ben looking but no one wants to hire you if you don't hve a yeare experiemce ,but howare yo going to get experience if no one will give youa chance. I have applied for nursing homes agencies assisted living no luck as of yet. It is very frustrating I spent a lot of money.and time in school I am very disappointed.But I am still trying to keep he faith.can someone give me some suggestions. And I am going back t school for my RN. jackie from va.

33 months ago

Work as a CNa if you must to stay in the backround sorta speak, until you get a LPN job otherwise just keep pluggin along to get the RN degree as a CNA or not:)) I advice you to go to as many educational seminars as possible too to get CE hrs to add to your resume...I do even though I am poor I use my school money to go to the seminars and get contact hr.s from them at the moment my class schedule will not let me do any more seminars until I am about doen in the summer then I plan on doing many more. It doesnt hurt to get more hours it shows oyu have inituitive and you stay in the Wish me luck on a CNA and position I just applied for a few minutes ago!! Keep me in prayers and I will do same for all of you :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mercy in Bergenfield, New Jersey

28 months ago

I graduated in 2011,oh! today mark it a year i did graduate with the thought that i was going to get a job as soon as possible but to no avail and soon i came to know that there is no job in new jersey but in new york, i also got new york license but up till this day marking it a year i graduated, i have no job to call my own not even part time or per diem.I need a job now....going back to school to become RN is not on my mind, just to get a job.

28 months ago

I have been looking myself for over a year and stopped finding thru grapevine and secrecy the health care systems health insurance companies are pressuring them NOT to hire older people and ones shall i say with curves... and it was the very reason I was NOT hired despite my references from my teachers and my GPA no one wants a 44 yr old women who was a size 16 I was size 18 when I searched! I was so disenchanted and I am taking my last prerequisite's for the LPN bridge to RN program before I apply but I wonder should I even bother..I have wasted all my Financial aid in credits and time if I go the last yr to get my RN degree. Will I even get hired? Medicine is in my blood I am poor but I don't care about that I cared about the clients I did care for while practicing my clinicals in school at actual facilities with NO problems and high remarks.Of course no one will admit the prejudice for fear of the Texas incident. Why do I even bother loving the heart and enjoying dissections in A&P1 lab?? I struggle to study to maintain GPA I have lost the passion others yell at me to keep pushing on while I go to college part time go to work ...:(( at BK and take care of my teenage sons, one has special needs. Yes Burger King no I do not mind it BUT I did NOT go to school for that and I am not fitting in with it I am not meant for BK I look at every burn and cut and I see what people eat and wonder about their digestion and motility...I am torn...I am disenchanted. You all are not the only ones out there. you are one of many...and some like me have fought all their lives to get a nursing job I finally finished school ...for what??? I will press on but I have no idea why......

28 months ago

Monica in Madison, Wisconsin said: I have been looking myself for over a year and stopped finding thru grapevine and secrecy the health care systems health insurance companies are pressuring them NOT to hire older people and ones shall i say with curves... and it was the very reason I was NOT hired despite my references from my teachers and my GPA no one wants a 44 yr old women who was a size 16 I was size 18 when I searched! I was so disenchanted and I am taking my last prerequisite's for the LPN bridge to RN program before I apply but I wonder should I even bother..I have wasted all my Financial aid in credits and time if I go the last yr to get my RN degree. Will I even get hired? Medicine is in my blood I am poor but I don't care about that I cared about the clients I did care for while practicing my clinicals in school at actual facilities with NO problems and high remarks.Of course no one will admit the prejudice for fear of the Texas incident. Why do I even bother loving the heart and enjoying dissections in A&P1 lab?? I struggle to study to maintain GPA I have lost the passion others yell at me to keep pushing on while I go to college part time go to work ...:(( at BK and take care of my teenage sons, one has special needs. Yes Burger King no I do not mind it BUT I did NOT go to school for that and I am not fitting in with it I am not meant for BK I look at every burn and cut and I see what people eat and wonder about their digestion and motility...I am torn...I am disenchanted. You all are not the only ones out there. you are one of many...and some like me have fought all their lives to get a nursing job I finally finished school ...for what??? I will press on but I have no idea why......

BTW I graduated dec 2010 and took 30min on LPN NCLEX so good luck to anyone who graduates...

28 months ago

Peggy in Oregon, Wisconsin said: Do you have a poor work history or possibly criminal history? I work at a large rehab center in Madison and make $22 an hour. I can work as many hours as I want. There are numerous places in Madison to work for LPN's right out of school, so not sure why you are having such issues. And no, LPN's are NOT being "phased out". That myth has been flying around for 30 years. In fact, right now, LPN's are in huge demand, especially in nursing homes, rehab centers, and clinics. It is pretty unbelievable you can't get a job.

Poor work history do to caring for my sons two special needs one very high in need now they are teenagers one is almost an adult, I stole at age of 18 exactly, that was over 21 yrs ago, I was stupid back then, I would have never gotten to finish or do any LPN schooling if I was more than stupid back then, they did a through back round check over 20 yrs worth before I could do any clinicals! I have just the clinicals I learned while in school and my passion and compassion for people and the medical field in general. Read recent comment I posted it IS my age and my weight unfortunately I have been losing weight But I can not change my age. Maybe its the fact I will report any abuse??? IDK...I am so frustrated I am disenchanted with it all very depressed now and upset...:(( I wish someone would give me a chance and work around any schooling I have I was willing to do all holidays weekends and NOC shift too I loved doing the clinicals most of all It was satisfying to help more than that I felt at home a home away from home. I had two homes I hated leaving the residents I hated school being done now I ma finishing my prerequisites for LPN bridge to RN and hope MATC will accept me without the 6 months LPN exp...

28 months ago

Peggy in Oregon, Wisconsin said: Do you have a poor work history or possibly criminal history? I work at a large rehab center in Madison and make $22 an hour. I can work as many hours as I want. There are numerous places in Madison to work for LPN's right out of school, so not sure why you are having such issues. And no, LPN's are NOT being "phased out". That myth has been flying around for 30 years. In fact, right now, LPN's are in huge demand, especially in nursing homes, rehab centers, and clinics. It is pretty unbelievable you can't get a job.

I cant its true believe me or not your choice I am honest as the the sky changes between night and day ...I am not someone to lie...do you need a back round check of me I am offended glad I am NOT working with you.And it is not in huge demand if you area new graduate not at all by where I am at unless you know people that work where you want to and you go along with there things after hours I am not stupid or blind to this fact and have been told by previous prospects that they may start phasing out IT is not a rumor in some parts. So to each their own right??

Autumn in Indiana

25 months ago

Just graduated here in Indiana and you would be amazed at how many places are ready to hire LPNs. I'm working on my RN but wanted to go ahead with LPN so I would have some more experience besides doing CNA work. Anyway, the big thing here is LTC and the prisons! They practically beg for LPNs! It's amazing how much different states can be. Good luck to everyone.

Lu in Peoria, Illinois

22 months ago

I am not trying to be rude, but some of the grammar and writing skills here could be keeping you from getting jobs. You could never get through our LPN program with the writing level in some of the posts. Our instructors would give it back to you and tell you to re-do it, that it was not college level writing. They make it VERY clear that your grammar (handwriting, spelling, punctuation) is important as it can make or break things like a lawsuit case. It is a competitive job market; your grades, skills, work history, availability, background and appearance will all be factors that an employer will consider.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Silver Spring, Maryland

19 months ago

Be Encouraged in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania said: There are a lot of us out here who have spent thousands on a adult education just to work in a field that doesn't match the degree. Life goes on, we all have debt & then we go out & find jobs in order to make ends meet. I made it outside of my field & make as much $$$ without a major college degree as the ones with. How? By starting down at the bottom & working my way up the corp ladder. Some make it in the field that they spent $$$$ on, others cannot possibly wait for the career to come knocking. Find a job that can enjoy & continue to search. Try Home Health Agencies, Nursing Homes, Long Term Care Facilities , etc.,. Good luck and press on. There's life outside of nursing. Try KCI Inc, Hill-Rom, Johnson & Johnson for they hire nurses for

promoting medical products & equipment. Think outside of the box.

i feel the same way i wasted money and time to earn my LPN with no luck finding a job in DC area

Rose in Silver Spring, Maryland

19 months ago

There are LPN jobs in Maryland area in Nursing homes. Even if you do not have experience . However you have to be certain race to get the job mainly you have to be West African. Every nursing home you go it is full of west African and they do not want to see any other race around them. very sad story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Rossann in North Port, Florida said: You really sound like you are trying to impress someone. Your sentences are horrific even if you are trying to hurry, it looks like it's more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason.

Excuse me for being upset with the whole system miss high and mighty! You are nothing my position and if u did look at my back round check and look at any character references of mine ...you would see i am honest and yes I may ramble on here occasionally. furthermore my internet speed sucks so there is typos...like I need to explain to you of all people! Spare me from you trying to troll me because you are miserable and I am already miserable trying to make me feel worse, not happening! still looking for LPN job people :) I am not giving up despite people like this bringing me down going to re-study for NCLEX renewal, and even if I have to scare I will pay 200$ dollars again for it...and continue to work at the restaurant I work at until I find the Job I busted my butt for in school!Or work somewhere else until I find a nursing job I will just keep working and pray!

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

mercy in Bergenfield, New Jersey said: I graduated in 2011,oh! today mark it a year i did graduate with the thought that i was going to get a job as soon as possible but to no avail and soon i came to know that there is no job in new jersey but in new york, i also got new york license but up till this day marking it a year i graduated, i have no job to call my own not even part time or per diem.I need a job now....going back to school to become RN is not on my mind, just to get a job.

I don't understand, did you say you have been applying in new york city also?

Rose in Rockville, Maryland

19 months ago

i hope you find a nursing job . Keep praying and keep looking . never give up.

try to apply for nursing agencyes. I find one agency called Medical stuffing agency.

look their number online and apply

good luck

JOBLESS in Taunton, Massachusetts

19 months ago

I say thank you for your time and advice. As a matter of fact I did apply to that company but without homecare and vent experience I was not considered for the position. LPN jobs are non existent in hospitals then you say to yourself how do you get the experience when they won't hire you? I just pray hope and apply for jobs daily hoping to be able to stay in the nursing profession. To think I have invested 22 years into nursing and I LOVE IT and now I feel I have to change careers. I wish you luck also.

dee in Bismarck, North Dakota

15 months ago

come to north dakota,we have nursing jobs.

dee in Bismarck, North Dakota

15 months ago

we have nursing jobs in north dakota

Nurse#1

13 months ago

ttt03 in Madison, Alabama said: Thanks so much.....it came with a CD and thats what I'm focused on.

If u haven't took the Neclex, plz email me to anusidhu82@yahoo.com. I will let u know how to pass the Neclex!

Jenna in Edmonton, Alberta

12 months ago

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky said: Don't expect the best job in the best facility immediately. Especially if yo have no prior training as a CNA or MA. Try night shift in long term care. I personally don't believe a new nurse should work day shift anywhere. If you think long term care is not for you, then your wait may be longer. Don't get discouraged the nursing field changes monthly, by next month facilities may be begging for Nurses. Plenty of places take on new Nurses, just apply, apply and apply. I am not from you area so unfortunately I have no leads for your are. Good Luck!

Why shouldn't a new grad work day shift ? That dosnt make sense.

Judymae in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

Jenna in Edmonton, Alberta said: Why shouldn't a new grad work day shift ? That dosnt make sense.

New grad should not work day shift because if you are just learning and getting experience in the field of nursing you can become very discouraged on day shift. day shift is very fast pace and you will not get the training you will need to become a proficient nurse. In the field of nursing at some point you will make a med error. You will have to learn what is a med error or what is really a med error this could make the difference in you just being retrained or loosing your job. on evening shift you are working at a slower pace and can gain valuable insight on how to handle certain situation with all the confusion that goes on in the day. You are overwhelmed with theraphy, doctor order, administraion on your back and more experieced nurses will be able to help you transition from the classroom knowlege to real world knowleg.

pchinwe in Irvington, New Jersey

9 months ago

it is 2013, and as a new LPN grad, it is so frustrating to know , that all my efforts and attempts to secure a job after passing my NCLEX has not yielded any result. I have been told that I have no experience and thereby do not meet their minimum requirement for employment. its so sad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

deedeelpn in Meriden, Connecticut

3 months ago

I graduated in 2009 and in 5 yrs - other than a random flu clinic here and there - I've had only one real opportunity...and it took me 2 yrs to get that! I dispensed methadone in a substance abuse program. Passed tense because I quit in Feb. When I first got the job, I was so happy. For 2 yrs my car was vandalized in the parking lot by addicts, administration literally suggesting it was my own fault and the doctor who owned the program said nothing. That wasn't the straw that did it. When 'they' know your options are limited, it seems that how you're treated leaves much to be desired. But, when you're desperate to make your mark, keep a job, etc, you'll endure much. This place has an employee turn-over rate that would make your head spin. In 2 yrs, I worked with 5 different nurses! There was a time when I medicated over 250 people by myself, everyday, for several months! This is a walk-in clinic. They come in, get medicated and leave. That wasn't the straw either. By the time all the straws piled up this is what it was like: I was running the nursing dept alone, until I trained 2 nurses - one to work with me Mon-Thurs and one permanently working Fri & Sat. They paid the weekend nurse $1 more than me and the other weekly nurse $2 more! All the while they had me answering for the dept as a whole, working on-call - without my negotiated compensation - and when I brought the pay rate differences to their attention, they didn't make good on those changes either. I won't even get into all the other horrible nuances about that place that I had to endure! Long story short, I said sayonara! Part of me is glad I walked because the stress of it all started to effect my health but then the whole of me is suffering for lack of work. Even with those 2 yrs under my belt, I am in no better position that one who just aced the NCLEX. My plan was always to go back to school and get an RN degree, but I had expected to use my skills as an LPN first. It IS hard NOT to get discourage.

sac in Cincinnati, Ohio

2 months ago

danielucha in Weehawken, New Jersey said: how can i get a job if they don't give oportunities to new grad to work, I passed my nclex on september 2009 and no luck. Please any suggestion

I passed mine in 2011. I have been working in LTC, PRN. Many time I don't get hours and other time I do.
It seems that LTC willnew because all they pay is for your hours.

We don't cast any health insurance.
Maybe you can try this.
I agree, most companies won't hire without experience but won't let you get it.
It is the cost of training.

Johanna in Ontario, California

2 months ago

Jenna in Edmonton, Alberta said: Why shouldn't a new grad work day shift ? That dosnt make sense.

For new grad day shift is extreme multitasking and demanding pace. Time management a must.Take days if you are up for a challenge . Must be willing to seek out, and utilize learning from the resources around you.If facility has a structured orientation in place (not likely, due to cut backs) thats a big plus.Do not fly solo until you are ready. Nights pace is different.Don't think you will.be bored though.Generally tons of paperwork. Do you know what chart checks are ? Miss an order that
someone else did not take off and you will be held accountable for the resident not getting their newly ordered med(s) , lab(s) etc. You will be flying solo on your unit in most situations.With limited supervision you need sharp critical thinking skills and assessment skills.It is you who will sound an alarm to your supervisor about a sudden change in status for the worse for your resident. It is you who will be responsible ultimately for patient safety, fall prevention etc. Some residents become more confused at night, climb over rails etc. You may work with some great CNAS but others you may have to help become better.They and you need to make rounds.One of first questions on incident report is when is the last time you saw your resident.Keep in mind a lot of behavioral changes occur at night . Seems the sickest takes a turn for the worst also.
Keep these points in mind.Know yourself and decide a shift that is a good shift for you. The forum allnurses.com.is an excellent website for peer support and questions.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.