Are there any LPN schools in Baltimore

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 147)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Monique in Baltimore, Maryland

91 months ago

I have been searching for a LPN school in Baltimore, Maryland. Do anyone know if there are any? Please Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (175) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Silver Spring, Maryland

90 months ago

This is truly sickening! I am currently a medical assistant who is looking for a Practical Nursing school to attend because my job is not paying me much. I'm a little upset because there is no LPN schools in Silver- spring!If anybody knows of vocational schools in the silver spring, md area pleaaaaseeeee let me know. I have been looking for a school for so long!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

meto in Renton, Washington

90 months ago

i'm 2nd qurter lpn student i will move to maryland.
Any body knows the transfering program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Dundalk, Maryland

88 months ago

Here is a list of colleges with an LPN program in Maryland

Allegany College of Maryland

Baltimore City Community College

Carroll Community College

Cecil Community College

College of Southern Maryland

Community College of Baltimore County,
Dundalk Campus *

Chesapeake College / MGW Nursing Program
Frederick Community College

Hagerstown Community College (newly approved) *

Harford Community College

Howard Community College

Prince Georges Community College

Wor-Wic Community College

Also Sojourner Douglas College.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brandi in Cambridge, Maryland

87 months ago

jozie in Baltimore, Maryland said: I WILL GRADUATE FROM SOJOURNER DOUGLASS COLLEGE IN BALTIMORE MD AS AN LPN. I WOULD TRULY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO YOU. It JUST OPENED FOR THE LPN PROGRAM ABOUT A YEAR AGO BUT I SAY GO FOR IT AND IT ONLY TAKES ONE YEAR

Hi Jozie! I am acutally starting the LPN program at the Cambridge campus the end of July. I have searched high and low for reviews of the program so I'm glad I stumbled across your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cute lpn

86 months ago

Joy in Baltimore, Maryland said: You have to be careful with the lpn schools in DC. Maryland is really picky about that. I've been told that they are not churning out good nurses. Also try dundalk community college. I knkow several people who are and have graduated from that program

Well,i graduated from VMT also,Class President,Sept,07,DC lpn schools r only wut u make it,jus like colleges,,we have an outstanding passing rate for the nclex,and my school produces excellent nurses,so be ur own judge,use ur own opinion u cant go wrong,i know im in the group of nurses that has done it,not the havenots or the wannabees.and yes i have a couple of cool jobs now,making $24.00 and up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany FUTURE LPN

86 months ago

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT I DON'T DRIVE AND I AM STARTING AT COMPREHENSIVE IN JAN.09. I WAS WONDERING IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS STARTING IN JAN AN COULD WE CARPOOL I'LL PAY MONTHLY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

star75 in Baltimore, Maryland

86 months ago

cute lpn said: Well,i graduated from VMT also,Class President,Sept,07,DC lpn schools r only wut u make it,jus like colleges,,we have an outstanding passing rate for the nclex,and my school produces excellent nurses,so be ur own judge,use ur own opinion u cant go wrong,i know im in the group of nurses that has done it,not the havenots or the wannabees.and yes i have a couple of cool jobs now,making $24.00 and up!

Sounds like u like to brag on yourself or maybe ur someone who runs the school miss class president. Yea! ture be ur own boss and judge 4 urself how bout this you have no way of even finding out what the passing rate is because the school hasn't been open that long to compare scores acording to the D C board of nursing. Anyone looking into any of these programs frist call ur local board to see if these programs are even accepted. Second visit these schools to get a inside look for yourself. I'm in the processing as we speak and in calling VMT they are very nasty and arrogant over the phone. They also enrolls about 60 people in one class at a time and CHI enrolls up to 30 to 40 people which their just about to finsh up there first years lpn class next month. Then there's Radians sarcastic, rude, and very inpatient. Please do just what (cute lpn) said you be your own judge and choose wisly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cute lpn

86 months ago

umm,the word is (true)and yes i am proud of my self 4 my accomplishments,um maybe it sounds like ur mad that u dont have lpn,in back of your name,or u cant truly call urself a nurse,furthermore, the stateboard gives a quarterly summary of the passing rate for nursing schools,do some critical research hun,and use your brain its called critical thinkin they'll teach u that in nursing school,they probably were rude 2 u on the phone because your a rude person,yep get it how u live,as 4 me ,imma bout to go finish spending my lpn money,and enjoy my life,get wit it,nurses do it betta!ps : VMT has been open since 1998,exactly!the moral of the story is put the bs 2 the side and get the job done,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yinka in Laurel, Maryland

86 months ago

star75 in Baltimore, Maryland said: Sounds like u like to brag on yourself or maybe ur someone who runs the school miss class president. Yea! ture be ur own boss and judge 4 urself how bout this you have no way of even finding out what the passing rate is because the school hasn't been open that long to compare scores acording to the D C board of nursing. Anyone looking into any of these programs frist call ur local board to see if these programs are even accepted. Second visit these schools to get a inside look for yourself. I'm in the processing as we speak and in calling VMT they are very nasty and arrogant over the phone. They also enrolls about 60 people in one class at a time and CHI enrolls up to 30 to 40 people which their just about to finsh up there first years lpn class next month. Then there's Radians sarcastic, rude, and very inpatient. Please do just what (cute lpn) said you be your own judge and choose wisly.

It's amazing that the generation we are in is always laying too much emphacies on how long the organization has been operational, or what the passing rate is. the passing rate of any institution is not only determined by the school, but also by the individual students. the most responsibility is on the students to make the most grade through hard work and constant studying. You all are looking for a school with a proven record of success but failed to understand that it is you that will determine the success rate of the institution as well. you can graduate from an accredited college for all you care, you will tarnish the image of the college if you are not competent practically and academically.
The training giving from VMT is just the same type of training you will get from any other institution except you are looking for an institution that will open up your scull to get to your brain to implant micro chip of knowledge in it for you. Get the most you can get from the lectrurers and make the most use of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

cute lpn said: umm,the word is (true)and yes i am proud of my self 4 my accomplishments,um maybe it sounds like ur mad that u dont have lpn,in back of your name,or u cant truly call urself a nurse,furthermore, the stateboard gives a quarterly summary of the passing rate for nursing schools,do some critical research hun,and use your brain its called critical thinkin they'll teach u that in nursing school,they probably were rude 2 u on the phone because your a rude person,yep get it how u live,as 4 me ,imma bout to go finish spending my lpn money,and enjoy my life,get wit it,nurses do it betta!ps : VMT has been open since 1998,exactly!the moral of the story is put the bs 2 the side and get the job done,

Amen sister.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Tiffany FUTURE LPN said: I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT I DON'T DRIVE AND I AM STARTING AT COMPREHENSIVE IN JAN.09. I WAS WONDERING IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS STARTING IN JAN AN COULD WE CARPOOL I'LL PAY MONTHLY?

where will you be coming from? Where do you live?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany FUTURE LPN

86 months ago

Millbrook aparments in Pikesville. I live close to upper REISTERSTOWN RD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

How bout a round of applause, standing ovation. U ain't say $&...+

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

New-B in Laurel, Maryland

86 months ago

Hi Guys,
Here are some useful link from the DC BON. These Newsletters have very useful information. Please scroll to page 30 of June's Newsletter link to resolve the passing rate issue. As per DC BON June Report (06.01.08), COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH ACADEMY has the Highest pass percentage of 88.89%. VMT is still good at 77.17%.

newsroom.dc.gov/list.aspx/agency/hpla/section/8

hpla.doh.dc.gov/hpla/cwp/view,A,1195,Q,489009,hplaNav,%7C30661%7C,.asp.

Just my 2 cents

kia in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

86 months ago

Tiffany FUTURE LPN said: I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT I DON'T DRIVE AND I AM STARTING AT COMPREHENSIVE IN JAN.09. I WAS WONDERING IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS STARTING IN JAN AN COULD WE CARPOOL I'LL PAY MONTHLY?

i am also planning on attending comprehensive. i live off rolling and liberty road. email me at kmac0215@yahoo.com if your serious and still interested in carpooling.

Crystal in Annapolis, Maryland

86 months ago

I'm trying to attend an LPN school located in D.C., hopefully I can start in March. My question is, whick one will teach me EVERYTHING I need to know?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Be warned in Owings Mills, Maryland

85 months ago

PLEASE PLEASE be careful of the schools in DC they are notorious for cheating....most of the instructors are complicit in their student's cheating...VMT is one of the better schools in DC just by a fraction, thanks CARTER-GESSERT...RIP. Hey VMT I have been told your mock exam has been out courtesy of an instructor who had an axe to grind...Interesting hearsay right?
Another interesting fact is to see the monopoly of Africans in this system, half of which upon graduation would not know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's amazing MD keeps taking these gradutes...I wouldn't mind if MD were a bit more stringent...the whole DC nursing system is a joke. Try the MD and PA schools there are standards that for the most part are kept unlike DC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Whatever! speak 4 yourself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CHA Graduate in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

School is what you make it. You either learn or cheat no matter if it's college or a DC program. If you cheat you will suffer in the end and end up retaking an expensive exit exam/ math test/ or nclex over several time. I went straight through the program which was hard as hell just because of many late nights of studying/ study groups over the phone with friends/ work/ and family. You will learn all that you need to know at CHA. It's not easy and the books/test change often which makes it impossible to cheat. My instructors where strict and expected nearly perfect participation/ attendence/ and completion of all assignments. So for someone to make negative statements about a school from hear-say and non-experience need never speak period because you make an ass out of yourself from ass-umption. As far as the ethnic referrence, you either have what it take or you don't no matter what culture you were born to. Look at yourself before passing judgement on anything or anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

monique in Owings Mills, Maryland

85 months ago

Is Sojourner Douglas Colleges' LPN program 1 year all together, pre reqs and clinicals or 1 year for pre reqs and 1 year for the actual nursing program ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

star75 in Odenton, Maryland

85 months ago

monique in Owings Mills, Maryland said: Is Sojourner Douglas Colleges' LPN program 1 year all together, pre reqs and clinicals or 1 year for pre reqs and 1 year for the actual nursing program ?

yes it is. it is just what you stated. call them they will give you what ever it is you need to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Washington, District of Columbia

85 months ago

I am disturbed about the comments I have read above. Instead of being professional, some of you are being rude and immature. Yes, a school is what you make it and should there be so much controversy and bickering about a title. Yes, be proud of who you are and what you have but LPN is just a start. Look into forums like allnurses.com website to see what professionalism is truly like. This type of behavior makes the schools that you represent look badly. If I was a patient I would not want someone who is loud and obnoxious taking care of me. Learn how to be respectful and not ghetto acting. That will not get you far in life in any aspect. One of the ladies was right, if you are rude others will mostly react the same way. People are reading these blogs also. Learn to use correct verbs also when you talk and write because that's important also. Just reading this makes me think about someone who doesn't dress professionally and is dingy. Don't give others this impression also. Also, get a savings for your future retirements.

Take it from someone who wish they had someone to put it to me like I have you when I was younger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

Hello everyone - I will be attending VMT Nursing School in September, my niece went there previously 3 years ago, and she is doing very well. I will check the other schools just for my information as well. But I don't understand the abbreviation for CHA? I believe you must do your part as a student as well and you can hold your school accountable and have high standards. I am interested in a one year nursing program just to get me started, also I'm taking the CNA course first. I am thankful that I have done my current career and now my career change is becoming a nurse. I believe I can and will make a difference because I want to treat people with respect and take care of the elderly and babies. I understand we all have our opionions but I think we can all agree that becoming a nurse is not just a job, but a passion from within, please don't just look at $$ but look at the people and treat them with respect. Does anyone know who has attended the Baltimore City Nursing program or Coppin State?

jazzy in Penn Yan, New York

84 months ago

jozie in Baltimore, Maryland said: I WILL GRADUATE FROM SOJOURNER DOUGLASS COLLEGE IN BALTIMORE MD AS AN LPN. I WOULD TRULY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO YOU. It JUST OPENED FOR THE LPN PROGRAM ABOUT A YEAR AGO BUT I SAY GO FOR IT AND IT ONLY TAKES ONE YEAR

is that after your per req

^J^ in Baltimore, Maryland

84 months ago

Tiffany FUTURE LPN said: Millbrook aparments in Pikesville. I live close to upper REISTERSTOWN RD.

Tiffany we are neighbors! Millbrook apts. yes Brookmill RD.I am not entertaining studies @ the moment but just wanted to halla. Good luck!

jackie00 in Severn, Maryland

84 months ago

hello all, I am going to attend VMT. I have a question not sure if anyone can answer it. Can I take the NCLEX in MD if I attend VMT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salena

84 months ago

Monique in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have been searching for a LPN school in Baltimore, Maryland. Do anyone know if there are any? Please Help!

Yes,You can take the NCLEX in Maryland,I went to VMT,took the NCLEX,and passed in Maryland,GoodLuck too you.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jackie00 in Severn, Maryland

84 months ago

I decide not to go to VMT nursing school. I wanted to find out about Radians College, has anyone went there and what was your experience like? I am taking the LPN program.

Brian in Millersville, Maryland

84 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

from spn to lpn in Randallstown, Maryland

84 months ago

im currently in a program in pa and its a great school but there is racial issues to deal you have to be strong study and prove yourself as hard on the clinical sites ive seen white students get away with mistakes that a black student would not have gotten with im so frustrated that im looking into transfering my credits some where else what i love about this school though is that you dont have to take a comprehensive just to pass or graduate which is a money making thing to me in my opinion im looking into some schools in va and im thinking about vmt do anyone have any advice

Salena

84 months ago

hey ,vmt is 97% african or african american so i say go for it,leave the extra stress for someone else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Global Medical

84 months ago

If any one is looking for placement once you have finished passing your boards, please call us. New agency seeking great nurses. GlobalMHS@aol.com

latosha Gillus in Baltimore, Maryland

82 months ago

Monique in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have been searching for a LPN school in Baltimore, Maryland. Do anyone know if there are any? Please Help!

Yes Sojourner Doudlas College @ 200 Central Ave, Balto. MD. The school is across the street from Dunbar High School

Brian in Baltimore, Maryland

82 months ago

Try the Board of Nursing web site - mbon.org/main.php?v=norm&p=0&c=education/nsg_guide/pn_programs.html

Nurse Michele in Salisbury, Maryland

82 months ago

from spn to lpn in Randallstown, Maryland said: im currently in a program in pa and its a great school but there is racial issues to deal you have to be strong study and prove yourself as hard on the clinical sites ive seen white students get away with mistakes that a black student would not have gotten with im so frustrated that im looking into transfering my credits some where else what i love about this school though is that you dont have to take a comprehensive just to pass or graduate which is a money making thing to me in my opinion im looking into some schools in va and im thinking about vmt do anyone have any advice

Hello...IF this is true then you should go about reporting it so that the next students do not go through the same thing. I have just went through 4 years of college and did not see anything like that. Our school was just hard on EVERYONE but it made me a stronger nurse and I am thankful for the hard work and great education. Good luck to you.

LPN Deborah in Bel Air, Maryland

82 months ago

After reading some of these posts, I am truly afraid. Evidently, some Maryland PN schools aren't teaching a very good bedside manner. Some of you scare me! Your attitudes are completely wrong to be in the nursing field. How would you treat your patients? Just wait until you get out there and meet that patient that is gonna knock you right down to size. I learned this the easy way, from very good instructors in DC. My school was just closed due to budget cuts in the city. But, I suggest that not only do you check out the NCLEX PN pass rates, but, interview some of the students at the schools and see what they feel about the program. That bedside manner thing will take you a very long way in this profession!

nicki in Columbia, Maryland

81 months ago

cute lpn said: Well,i graduated from VMT also,Class President,Sept,07,DC lpn schools r only wut u make it,jus like colleges,,we have an outstanding passing rate for the nclex,and my school produces excellent nurses,so be ur own judge,use ur own opinion u cant go wrong,i know im in the group of nurses that has done it,not the havenots or the wannabees.and yes i have a couple of cool jobs now,making $24.00 and up!

Hi I am thinking about a nursing school in Dc VMT you went there so I would like to know what is is like so that I can make up my mind about it I want to start January please would you give me some info about it I can be reached at islandprincess68@yahoo or anyone else please send me some info.Thank you and congrats about your wonderful achievement.

Dina in Randallstown, Maryland

81 months ago

Global Medical said: If any one is looking for placement once you have finished passing your boards, please call us. New agency seeking great nurses. GlobalMHS@aol.com

I am also working with Global Medical & Health Services, LLC. A beautiful place with beautiful people "raising the bar of quality healthcare". Are you an LPN? That might be a good idea to call them or e-mail interest at globalmhs@aol.com,. You will be glad you did.

TERAH

81 months ago

HELLO MY NAME IS TERAH I AM TRYING TO GET IN A LPN CLASS AT COMP IN JAN.I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO CARPOOL WITH IF ANY ONE INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME AT TTERRORTOEIGHT@AOL.COM

Fatima in Germantown, Maryland

80 months ago

Do any schools in DC offer financial aid for LPN programs? I keep looking and they are expensive as hell!! I know there are some schools in MD but are they the same way? Do you need to pay like $9000 dollars with no financial aid?

nicky in Columbia, Maryland

80 months ago

Fatima in Germantown, Maryland said: Do any schools in DC offer financial aid for LPN programs? I keep looking and they are expensive as hell!! I know there are some schools in MD but are they the same way? Do you need to pay like $9000 dollars with no financial aid?

I want to go to VMT but it is 9444 I dont know where the money will come from for this class they have no finicial aid but they have a payment plan, you pay the first month 892 and the other 11 months you pay 777.45 per month.Most of the colleges is 2 and a half and some maybe 1 year for PN if you go full time.

Hmm in Sterling, Virginia

80 months ago

Be warned in Owings Mills, Maryland said: PLEASE PLEASE be careful of the schools in DC they are notorious for cheating....most of the instructors are complicit in their student's cheating...VMT is one of the better schools in DC just by a fraction, thanks CARTER-GESSERT...RIP. Hey VMT I have been told your mock exam has been out courtesy of an instructor who had an axe to grind...Interesting hearsay right?
Another interesting fact is to see the monopoly of Africans in this system, half of which upon graduation would not know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's amazing MD keeps taking these gradutes...I wouldn't mind if MD were a bit more stringent...the whole DC nursing system is a joke. Try the MD and PA schools there are standards that for the most part are kept unlike DC.

Sound a little racist to me... African dont know their ass from a hole in the ground? Get off this forum with that uglyness. Just because someone has an accent does not make them stupid.

4 in Baltimore, Maryland

79 months ago

DANIELA in Silver Spring, Maryland

79 months ago

Salena said: hey ,vmt is 97% african or african american so i say go for it,leave the extra stress for someone else!

I am starting the program next month can u give me more info abpout the pre entrance exam? are you interested in selling your used book ?thank u can email me at sweetdaniela2002@hotmail.com

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

I'm leaving Atlanta....orignally from here. Looking for a school LPN program to attend. I'm wanting to leave in a couple months.. There are no school down here that have 1 year programs-GA is very backwards...But after completing this program-wherever i go.. I can come back & get PAID..I just don't have 2 years & a half to wait. Any suggestions????

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Also is does anyone know what the usual waiting list time period is??? Just trying to get an idea!

Mel in Mount Vernon, New York

79 months ago

does any one know about any 12 month LPN programs neare Laurel, MD or DC areas please?
thanks if you do send me info...to simiyah2002@yahoo.com
and also if the schools are affordable and offer financial aid.

i wont be able to check boards for comments on this, so please email me!
thanks

symone08 in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

It's wasn't because the first 3 class had to graduate but it is now. i've graduated and working as a LPN.

jetsmom.... in Lilburn, Georgia

78 months ago

symone08 in Washington, District of Columbia said: It's wasn't because the first 3 class had to graduate but it is now. i've graduated and working as a LPN.

Hey did it take exactly a year?

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.