Are there jobs for new LPNs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Matt in Tucson, Arizona

42 months ago

I'm an RT, but the field is overflowing with therapists thanks to all the trade schools. I have applied at about 100 different places, and can't get hired anywhere. And that's including two years experience I have.

So i've been thinking about getting into our local LPN program, hoping I can find work with that. But I've seen a few threads about places not hiring new grads. I didn't want to go to school for another career where I need connections or alot of luck to get hired.

Is it worth it? Please be realistic. There are RT still hyping up the field over on their board. But most people know the RT is pretty much dead. I just don't want to take out a loan, and spend all the time and work to not be able to nearly immediately score a job.

Please Help me
Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Tucson, Arizona

42 months ago

Bump

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks peeps :)

Matt in Tucson, Arizona

42 months ago

bump

Layla in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

Hi,There are LPN jobs here in Illinois,but not many Rn positions...If u dont mind working in long term care,you might always have a job as a LPN,but the hospitals dont hire many LPNs here.My friend is a LVN in Houston and she does not have a problem finding work...she says the market is really good in San Antonio.

Layla in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

Oh yes...I scored my first job by doing CNA work at a LARGE nursing home and I Constantly updated my boss on my school progress so that she'd keep me in mind when anything opened up.HTH.

AgnesW.Britt in Tallahassee, Florida

31 months ago

Iam a retird L.P.n and will love to stay busey do not like retiment,

AgnesW.Britt in Tallahassee, Florida

31 months ago

I AM A RETIRED NURSE THAT WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR LOVE ONE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.