Getting a mail clerk job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing mail clerk work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Markita Scott in Havertown, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

i need help to found a mail clerk job in philadelphia,pa
a part time position. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

Here is a job search I did for you: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=mail+clerk&l=Philadelphia%2C+PA&jt=parttime Then just click on a job that interests you. You'll be redirected to the website the job opening is originally posted on and there you will find instructions on how to apply. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sheena Crafton in Flushing, New York

85 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing mail clerk work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? I thought that mail clerk will be a good thing for me.
I did a intership at Lenox Hill Hospatil.

Yes i need a educstional background.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lenny M. in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

82 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing mail clerk work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I started out as a temporary employee in the mailroom two years ago. I went through a temporary staffing agency. When I applied to the agency I did not indicate an interest in working in a mailroom.

Someone at the agency looked at my skills and decided to send me there on a temporary assignment. I have received a lot of helpful training to learn how to perform the many duties involved in the mailroom. I really enjoy my job.

One of the best ways to find a mailroom job is to apply to any large company with at least fifty employess and you'll find they have a mailroom and could be looking for someone like you.

As far as education, reading and listening skills are very important. A person does a lot of reading of envelopes when sorting mail. Most mailroom tasks also require an ability to listen to and follow instructions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.