employment for felons!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 99 of 99)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

lou in Beachwood, Ohio

29 months ago

It should be consider case by case if it's a violent crime that different than fraud or stealing everybody that steals don't necessary kills!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diggz in Newark, New Jersey

29 months ago

YorkiePud in Gardendale, Alabama said: I agree with Lisa, especially if you have 3 felonies. Obeying the law isn't that hard. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but to get a felony X is no mistake. Why should anyone feel bad for someone who can't obey the law?

I dont agree, how many times has someone told you to do something more then once before you got it right?! Come on and shed that make-up. For all we know he committed the 1st and tried to get a job but couldn't and through frustration committed the next and so forth. Who are you to label and condemn?! Its ones such as you who make it complex for felons and they turn on society and scream "F it". Then you wonder why its a risk to walk outside your door in the morning, smh. Try to understand, then understand not every one looking to be career criminals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

babs in Kenosha, Wisconsin

29 months ago

couldnt of said it better !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

johnsonbrodi612@gmail.com in Sacramento, California

29 months ago

yes,it isnt easy finding a job when you have a felony conviction.I havent had it easy either,it seems like instantly by you having a conviction they really dont bother giving you a chance because of your past.But,I continue to stay positive & put my faith in God as well as still try my hardest to find a job.Because,Im not goin back to doing & making the mistakes I made when I was younger.In time things will get better,just pray & give it to GOD.He can fix any & everything we go through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

te'hasan777 in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

how are you doing I have been in troble in the past rigth now im looking for a job but i need help I have over 20 years experience in customer service if you are looking for some one how is hard working im your guy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

te'hasan777 in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

te7johnson@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

te7johnson@yahoo.com in Brooklyn, New York

29 months ago

how are you doing I have been in troble in the past rigth now Im looking for a job,I need help.I have 20 years experience in customer service if you are looking for some one who's hard working Im your guy please feel free to contact te7johnson@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

maurice D in Newark, New Jersey

29 months ago

I feel u bro, I have 4 trade certs including an Pest control, Electrical, EMS and Electrical systems tech and have been home from prison 5 years feb 23rd. I'm still paying for a crime I've commited at age 16. I will be off that day and still haven't found a job but have invested in many fields of training. I blow them away with appearence and verbal skills on interviews, home depot even skipped the second intervie but my felony gets in the way of everything. I'm also looking for work in either New Jersey or New York, looking to relocate if I have to to better provide for my family financial as well as mentally bc I'm 26 and this is starting to get the best of me. If there's anyone seeking to grant an opportunity to one looking to apply himself productivly pls email me at mdurant48@gmail.com.

James Brown in Plano, Texas

29 months ago

jarrell in Dolton, Illinois said: i need a job very but i have an class x felony in my background so its difficult to find employment.Is there someone who can help me find a good job.

Try instantincomedaily.com/JB

Diggz in Newark, New Jersey

29 months ago

Fellas, I am beginning an online as well as a community and state of NY & NJ petition for the Equal Employment Opportunity for felons. Why? bc it seems that #1 it doesnt include helping us, and #2 if it doesnt effect the opportunity of getting a job, then whats it there for? In Mass they dont have it on apps anymore, i see why. No one wants to seem like they are something bad so they join the cause called "EEO" and say that its harmless, i say regardless of your crime and or criminal history you deserve the same damn opportunities as everyone else, if not then what the hell is the use of releasing us back into society to be "productive" citizens when we are limited from reaching the peak we now desire to reach in our lives as FELONS OF SOCIETY. Please go sign the petition at www.change.org/profiles/tchk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tristin Collpein in Marshall, Michigan

28 months ago

I just use www.xamire.com its a free non-profit employer and federal program listing for felons.

R.King in Fairfax, Virginia

27 months ago

Tmjackson in Bronx, New York said: I have never done actual jail time. I am on probation for a felony. I am attending college for my degree. Will this still affect my chances of obtainning a good job

I don't want to discourage you by no means at all but this is my experience and my opinion. I have been arrested on a felony charge but not convicted so I still have to answer yes to have you ever been arrested for a felony so this reduces my chances.

I also have a degree in Business Management and still having a hard time finding a job. To bring God glory after my felony arrest I was hired for a job as a Regional Sales Manager for a Direct Marketing Firm and I worked my way up the ladder. So all hope isn't lose everyone situation is different. Be all you can be and keep educating yourself.

Also I've created a Facebook Page titled "Don't Judge Us" please join today and spread the word so we can share resources and push as a unit to be heard. Why? We are people. I AM SOMEBODY and so are you. We have bills, and family and we deserve to be heard. We are organizing nationally to make some chances with the felony acceptance problem in the workforce and the leasing problems for felons. It's time for change but we have to organized and bring attention to the problem. Join us today on Facebook!

Add me on Facebook: "Rodric Dennis King"
My Website: www.RodricKing.com
Our Facebook Page: "Don't Judge US"

Janice in Topeka, Kansas

26 months ago

jarrell in Dolton, Illinois said: i need a job very but i have an class x felony in my background so its difficult to find employment.Is there someone who can help me find a good job.

The only place I know is xamire.com. there's a federal program and employer listing for felons - and it's pretty good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

33tosha in Saint Louis, Missouri

26 months ago

Your Average Citizen in Santa Ana, California said: Lisa,

You shouldn't be so judgmental and so small minded. It's people like you that make society a harder place for these individuals to re-integrate. If these individuals paid their debt to society then who are you or any one like you to deny them that chance.

i totally agree with you that is a real ignorant statement coming from a real ignorant

Maria in Lawrenceville, Georgia

24 months ago

My boyfriend of 3 years does not have a felony. He was arrested for a misdemeaner in 2010 and served 30 days in 2011. He has no stable work history because through his life his family have been passing him around and because of this he also didnt finish highschool. Me and him went to the same middle school and highschool and he wants to finish school. does anyone know of any programs that assist in living while getting an education? i know workers comp but the one around us is only for girls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rvarg89 in Midland Park, New Jersey

23 months ago

I feel like almost everyone is a felon, but just hasn't gotten caught. Cheating on taxes, driving under the influence on more than one occasion (worse if with a minor), think of all the celebs that should be felons and you watch their movies buy their cds haha, its all a matter of if you get caught and if you have the money to fight the system, plenty of people don't have felonies, but really are probably more messed up than actual felons, also its kind of a trap I mean a felony stays with you till your 70, so if you can't get a job and can't start a business due to your financial obligations haha what do you do I mean its a sketchy system, and great for profit making prisons, this whole felony thing really doesn't define a persons moral character at all, my big beef is really with drug laws so stupid, but yeah I've worked with felons and non felons, and had they not told me they were a felon I would have guessed he was just another hard working citizen trying to make a living.

Carl 2time felon in Toledo, Ohio

23 months ago

my comment on all this is there is jobs out there and they are hard to find but there is some jobs on the apps have you ever been or have you been convicted in the 7 years well mine has been 14 since my first and 7 since my last and I have found jobs that have given me a chance though most were seasonal jobs such as lawn comapnys there is factory such as prestressin indiana in decataur so get up and dont let them say what your capable of because we believe in you and now its time to kick on some doors and dont take no for answers

Carl 2time felon in Toledo, Ohio

23 months ago

so lets make calls and blow up some phones fore real

Pmichaud in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

23 months ago

Connect with Prison Fellowship and ask for reentry programs. They should have resources where you can get some help.
Another option is to get hold of R.I.S.E. even though they are in PA, the people are very cool and will be happy to give you some contacts.

Be patient. With any felony, it might take you 2 or 3 time longer to find a job, but it is possible. Ask RISE for employers . There are some companies who are open to hire people regardless their background.
I hope this helps

RobertCaratchea in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

looking for a job is not easy, but as my wife has told me time from time just have faith in yourself and god will that one job right in front of you. i got that bad back grown but i just can't let it take me down... i wish everyone out there the best of luck....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D-Bow

22 months ago

Zo in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Listen to Johnnie in Everett, there is very real and true advice in there.

First and foremost, remember that a job/profession/career does not make or break your life. You are greater to God than what this world deems you qualified for. If you are not close to God, get there. You will learn that greater He that is in me than he that is in the world. If you are already on that level than you know what I speak of. I also want to let you know that this world is designed to break you if you don't believe you can do. Have a can do attitude and watch your life get filled with an "it's already done spirit". All things happen for a reason, and believe me what doesn't kill you will surely make you stronger...

Wow. Thank you Zo for such wise and inspiring advice. I must say that God truly led me to this very site at 2:51am at my lowest and most discouraged and defeated period in my life right now to be inspired, encouraged, and reminded of what I already know to be true...that in spite of great discouragement and frustration over the brutal and unforgiving employment situation that we face with each and every crushing and hope-sapping job rejection we experience as people with checkered pasts...we must NEVER give up nor lose hope and faith in the knowledge that all things happen for the reason and purpose to strengthen us and to gain wisdom and experience in the long run. Trusting God and taking COMFORT in the fact that its all in His Plan and totally in His control, provides much-needed peace and perspective. Thanks again for this Divine appointment...and blessings to EVERYONE on your journey to ultimate success, prosperity and fulfillment in overcoming our pasts (as well as society's prejudices and judgements),and realizing your FULL potential and promise for a God-given destiny of "hope and a FUTURE." (Jer 29.11) Be encouraged, God bless, and much love!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ldjohnson1@live.com in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia

19 months ago

Because of my criminal record, my applications are overlooked or even discarded. I am a very good person and a hard worker and have a lot of experience on various jobs, however, credit is not given to me because of my record. I did my time, and yet, feel as though I am still being punished for my record. During these hard times, it is even harder to get a job because so many people are out of work, and it is even more difficult when you have a record.

arod

17 months ago

i really think this country(state of California) is really prejudice. Once you get in trouble with police and gain a felony record society cast you out as if your a bio hazard, epidemic,they quarantine you. So now that you a felony and can't get work, and obviously you need money to survive sometimes it forces you into more illegal activity which works out great for the state prisons/county jail seeing that they get paid very handsomely for your incarceration..lol
There has to be change its been this way far to long and i am so sick of being alienated. I have a felony from when i was 19 and i am 29 about to turn 30. A non violent felony, and when i look for work employers look at my app like it has anthrax on it. Is this what the country become no longer a segregated race but a segregated people(felon or non felon) i want change as well opportunity for myself. We need jobs! We payed and was punished for our mistakes let us work. I am black with a black president and that does nothing to help..thanks for you're time

unknown in Howard Beach, New York

17 months ago

You guys can make a change by signing this petition that allows 1st time ex-felons the opportunity to expunge their cases in NYC giving these people a 2nd chance. 100,000 signatures means that U.S. congress must recognize this is a major problem we are facing in the U.S. and must step in and take action. please copy the http link and go to that address and sign to make change.

GIVE FIRST OFFENSE FELONS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPUNGE THEIR FELONY IN NYC. A 2ND CHANCE TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. wh.gov/yQE8

Changed man in Geneva, Illinois

17 months ago

YorkiePud in Gardendale, Alabama said: People don't change, and I care about my personal safety. I wouldn't want someone who's been in prison with a felony to be around me.

People's circumstances change . I was convicted and its been 7 years since my release date . I haven't got in any trouble since then . Not even a parking ticket . I got a wife and a beautiful 2 year old daughter . So you telling me I don't deserve a chance to provide for them . Because of something i did when i was 18 years old . That's what's wrong with the world today . If I'm ok then who cares if he can't feed his family . Then if it were your brother or sister you would have a different mind set . I paid for my crime to the judicial system now I got to pay society . SHM

tmtillman in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

I have 2 felony convictions 1 from 2008 and the most recent in 2010. Both Thefts. In 6 months I will have successfully completed Parole and yet I still have not been able to obtain employment. I started taking online classes at South University Majoring in Criminal Justice and I'm filing a petition with the courts for a Certificate of Rehabilitation. As a convicted felon life is extra hard but I've done my time and eventually people will look past my mistakes and focus on my acheivements. My Resume with out my college education speaks volumes and everything I've done since my reease shows my true character and growth. Further more proving that if given a chance my possibilities and endless.

I wrote all of this to say DONE GIVE UP!!!!!. It's gong to be hard because we've made some wronf choices in life. People will continue to stereotype us yet eventually we will get that 1 shot we'e been hoping and praying for.

gdeneen in Council Bluffs, Iowa

15 months ago

SEEKING SUCCESS STORIES from SIMILAR SITUATIONS (or any other useful information)
For over 30 years, I had what I considered a great career and worked in the offices of Enron, Farmland and other large companies. Then, five years ago, at age 50, I received my first and only criminal conviction - a drug-related felony for which I received probation. I went back to college and received my Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a 3.9 GPA two years ago. At this point, I would be thrilled with any office job, and I would like to be able to support myself or at least pay half of the expenses of living with my 80-year-old mother. I want to work and I like to work, but I don't apply for jobs enough because I don't know if I'm just banging my head against a brick wall. Employment agencies won't find full or part-time employment for felons. I have been working day labor for $7.25 an hour supplemented by a seasonal job that pays $12.00 an hour. I am still a young-looking, attractive professional with maybe 15 years as a good office employee. Instead, here I am, a 55-year-old woman doing manual labor I'm not even very good at that I can't support myself on. Investigating the felon employment situation, I find that it is generally assumed that we are all uneducated and have been in prison. Not! I see a lot of stories about how hard it is to get a job, but I don't see stories from people like myself who do have jobs. Are there any success stories out there, or advice for someone in my situation? In my state, I won't be able to apply to have my felony dropped until I am 60. WHAT NOW?

AJ in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

15 months ago

Zo in Silver Spring, Maryland said: To "Chris in Mount Prospect, Illinois"

I can tell you off the break I have made a mistake in my past, so I can relate. ...

If you are still reading these replies, I would like to get in touch with you to see if we can join forces ... I am also an IT professional who is trying to navigate through these types of hurdles.

Would it be possible for you to send me an email address I can use to contact you? (Zo in Silver Spring, Maryland)

Thank you and may God always bless you!!

ajs

doody in Saint Louis, Missouri

13 months ago

What do you think will happen next if no one ever hires these boys? No one is saying that a felony is not a serious crime, you pompous ass. They have paid their debt to society. Now It's time for society to treat felons that have rehabilitated with a little dignity and quit screwing them at a chance on the outside.

Raymond Richard in Cincinnati, Ohio

13 months ago

I have a friend who was in federal and state prison and I helped him get a job.He now works and also started his own transportation business. I enjoy helping my child hood friends overcome struggles and issues in their life. I too have family that has been in the prison system but I choose to attend college. I have a step by step program to "Help A Felon Get A Job" better yet start your own business. Send $7.00 to 709 West Wyoming AVE. Cincinnati, Ohio 45215 and I will rush you the book. Send a money order post dated I will not cash it for 30 days and if your not happy I'll send it back!! contact me and we can talk over the phone I here to help.

VanessaFas in East Haven, Connecticut

13 months ago

Try you local DOL Department of Labor office. They always have jobs that are open specifically to ex-offenders, and work with companies willing to hire and train you. It can be done. Good luck to you.

Raymond Richard in Cincinnati, Ohio

13 months ago

What skills do you have do you have a passion for something? are you good with your hands? you may like auto work, fixing things. I helped a friend find work by looking on Craigslist then started his own business in transportation. Someone posted the key is attitude, this is true don't stop when you hear no! learn from it, Tell them thank you and move on. I read a book I think its called "Always Outnumber Always Out Gunned" google it about a guy in your situation but made it through.

Ryan Holly in New York, New York

12 months ago

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

Zo in Silver Spring, Maryland said: So true! I am in the process of trying to initiate a group to fight against this inequality against felons. I understand some have not learned, however, society shouldn't just judge the book by the cover. We should be viewed on a case by case basis; from what we've done since, where are mindset is now, and what goals we've accomplished etc. My felony of robbery was stupid, yes, stupid adolescent me when I was 19 got a robbery conviction hanging out with the wrong people. I got no jail time, served 18months house arrest like Martha Stewart, 3 years probation where I only saw a probation officer twice in the 3 years, held steady jobs, went back to school, attended Howard University and got my degree in Information Systems in the School of Business because I believed in investing in my future through education , was in the Washington Post for giving a speech in front of County Executives for helping in the community , Sunday School teacher and avid church goer, was flown out for a job by "MICROSOFT", all expense paid flight, hotel , rental car, food , etc. Got the $71k offer, and got everything rescinded a week before my start date even after they sent out the $5k relocation funds and I had my apartment . So trust me, I understand the injustice that is going on...however, let me also encourage all as I am doing to keep being optimistic and moving forward with passion and precision. The world can try and knock you down, but it is up to you if you will fall or not, and even if you fall which we all do sometimes...will you pick yourself up? The scripture says, "we are more than conquerors"! Trust me, I believe, because I could have been down and out for the count. However, I believe in God, I know he's promised me great things and I expect it! Be encouraged and stay strong!

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

gdeneen in Council Bluffs, Iowa said: SEEKING SUCCESS STORIES from SIMILAR SITUATIONS (or any other useful information)
For over 30 years, I had what I considered a great career and worked in the offices of Enron, Farmland and other large companies. Then, five years ago, at age 50, I received my first and only criminal conviction - a drug-related felony for which I received probation. I went back to college and received my Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a 3.9 GPA two years ago. At this point, I would be thrilled with any office job, and I would like to be able to support myself or at least pay half of the expenses of living with my 80-year-old mother. I want to work and I like to work, but I don't apply for jobs enough because I don't know if I'm just banging my head against a brick wall. Employment agencies won't find full or part-time employment for felons. I have been working day labor for $7.25 an hour supplemented by a seasonal job that pays $12.00 an hour. I am still a young-looking, attractive professional with maybe 15 years as a good office employee. Instead, here I am, a 55-year-old woman doing manual labor I'm not even very good at that I can't support myself on. Investigating the felon employment situation, I find that it is generally assumed that we are all uneducated and have been in prison. Not! I see a lot of stories about how hard it is to get a job, but I don't see stories from people like myself who do have jobs. Are there any success stories out there, or advice for someone in my situation? In my state, I won't be able to apply to have my felony dropped until I am 60. WHAT NOW?

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

unknown in Howard Beach, New York said: You guys can make a change by signing this petition that allows 1st time ex-felons the opportunity to expunge their cases in NYC giving these people a 2nd chance. 100,000 signatures means that U.S. congress must recognize this is a major problem we are facing in the U.S. and must step in and take action. please copy the http link and go to that address and sign to make change.

GIVE FIRST OFFENSE FELONS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPUNGE THEIR FELONY IN NYC. A 2ND CHANCE TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. wh.gov/yQE8

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

R.King in Fairfax, Virginia said: I don't want to discourage you by no means at all but this is my experience and my opinion. I have been arrested on a felony charge but not convicted so I still have to answer yes to have you ever been arrested for a felony so this reduces my chances.

I also have a degree in Business Management and still having a hard time finding a job. To bring God glory after my felony arrest I was hired for a job as a Regional Sales Manager for a Direct Marketing Firm and I worked my way up the ladder. So all hope isn't lose everyone situation is different. Be all you can be and keep educating yourself.

Also I've created a Facebook Page titled "Don't Judge Us" please join today and spread the word so we can share resources and push as a unit to be heard. Why? We are people. I AM SOMEBODY and so are you. We have bills, and family and we deserve to be heard. We are organizing nationally to make some chances with the felony acceptance problem in the workforce and the leasing problems for felons. It's time for change but we have to organized and bring attention to the problem. Join us today on Facebook!

Add me on Facebook: "Rodric Dennis King"
My Website: www.RodricKing.com
Our Facebook Page: "Don't Judge US"

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

te7johnson@yahoo.com in Brooklyn, New York said: how are you doing I have been in troble in the past rigth now Im looking for a job,I need help.I have 20 years experience in customer service if you are looking for some one who's hard working Im your guy please feel free to contact te7johnson@yahoo.com

www.defyventures.org

12 months ago

te'hasan777 in Brooklyn, New York said: te7johnson@yahoo.com

www.defyventures.org

Tatoreal in Kissimmee, Florida

11 months ago

I am 36 years old and havent been in toruble with the law since 2005 so its been 7 years. I have a pretty good work history but since losing my last job I havent been able to find anything . The first or second question they usually ask is the deal breaker because its the conviction question. Unlike what others commenting think we as felons do not ask for anybody to feel sorry about us but to understand that in order for us to survive we have to work. I think its bs not hiring ex felons we live in USA a free country with second chances and if we cant bounce back thats when a lot of felons start commiting more mistakes! I live in kissimmee fl and I see on the news how people with clean records who worked at theme parks get arrested for gross charges and I say to myself you see people can have a clean or dirty record but you never know their intentions! I am desperate to find a job because I have a family who isnt at fault for mistakes ive made in the past! I did my time and I paid my price! Nobody will fight for felons because we dont have the right to vote and we cant help politicians in return but as the economy deteriorated a lot of people were desperate to take care of their homes and commited mistakes so we need to understand that if we judge everybody by what they once did we wouldnt go anywhere. When we go to the Dr do we ask if they were party animals in college? When we see teachers do we ask them if they were college potheads? Bottom line if this doesnt change and people keep judging you for the same mistake all your life than all you are going to have is criminals falling back in the same circle because humans need to survive!we have felons in professional sports and people aint afraid to be at games. Some people comment that they dont feel bad for a felon well I aint asking you to but dont you think that one more felon at work is one less on the streets. I dont have crime on my mind at all ever I made a mistake and been trying to move on.

Zo in Washington, District of Columbia

11 months ago

Well said. I definitely agree with you as you will see from my previous post. We have to begin a petition and get people to sign it and start a movement.

Tatoreal in Kissimmee, Florida

11 months ago

If anybody knows who would give me a chance for employment around my area let me know. I think its ridiculous doing time you are sentenced to and then you get out and cant find a job apartment complexes wont rent to you its ridiculous so they are saying that the day you get out of jail in florida you have to be ready to buy a house without a job if you want to get a place to live? Nobody i asking for anybody to feel bad but understand that for one offense you are stamped for the rest of your life and pay for it eternally! Its like you did one or two or whatever years incarcerated and you still get out and you are doing a life sentence regardless and then they say its that felons are going to commit crimes again, well it aint on my mind but I can see why because they need to survive somehow! If anybody can help let me know but if you just want to comment negatively and just remind felons they made a mistake than you are only part of the problem and need to look past yourself because this is real life!

Dontpanick in San Francisco, California

11 months ago

Know of 3 ex felons myself. Two of them after getting out, took vocational auto mechanic classes. Eventually they both took up temp "on call" jobs working at local garages and small auto mech shops. One of them eventually with the experience he got, got himself a full time job at a chain auto shop. Eventually he obtained and became a master mechanic, now making close to $60,000 a year. The other eventually got hired permanently into a Toyota dealership full time, and has been making a good living there for the past several good years.

The other ex felon, last I heard he was working full time in a landscaping job and saving up to get his own landscaping contracting business.

Pattern here is, all of them pursued blue collar, hands-on, trade careers. White collar / office jobs, I assume most hiring staff would see that you're an ex-felons and in fear quickly throws away you app.

So when you get out, try to learn a trade and use that to enter the workforce. Given ex-felons, most employers if they hire you would likely hire you on a term basis, to make you prove you are worthy and a changed person.

Hope this helps.

cgordon275 in Shelby, North Carolina

10 months ago

I'm a felon recently released I've been home just under a year now. I was lucky enough to have gotten several back breaking jobs but within 2 weeks of staring each job I was fired because of my background. I almost gave up until by the grace of the most high I found an opportunity for my family and I to live a better life. My girlfriend and I were living with my aunt and she had to catch a ride to work from her but now we have our own place and a nice vehicle, all from the company I joined. I look forward to making much more money in the future. After my revelation I vowed that I would make a way for all of us. If you're looking for a way out of this endless cycle I can help you. We're looking for people to join us. E-mail me at cgordon6527@gmail.com and I'll be there to help.

CaliforniaCheyanne in La Crescenta, California

9 months ago

Zo in Washington, District of Columbia said: (Continued from above)...Patience is a huge key. Sometimes things happen when we want, sometimes they don’t, but God is always on-time. Be faithful, positive and show love to everyone. I know I’m going off on many tangents but this is how I converse and convey messages. The bottom-line is that you can do it, you will do it, and it’s already done. The most important thing to remember is that it is doable, and with God nothing is impossible.

I agree whole heartedly. I believe that even though really horrific circumstances happen that rearrange personal plans and dreams, turning life in all appearances, upside down, taking a careful look around you, you can see an upside that will give you the courage to get back up, dust yourself off and never give up on yourself, because your creator will never give up on you. He knows your true worth and loves you unconditionally and He will help you if you let Him. I worked from the age of 10 helping animals and people of various ages. I have never been in trouble, in fact, went out of my way to stay out of troubles way. Out of desperation, needing a roof and a job in the space of a weekend, I took a job that would prove to be one that gave me a personal understanding of what if was the Israelites went through at the hands of Pharoah. The boss told me her family never intended for me to be arrested, placed in a disgusting holding cell for 6 and a half hours, subjected to 8 months of court, charged with a felony, five years of probation, etc. Her husband told me she would never take it back, because she would never want to lose face. She told me, in front of her husband that she took out on me, something that happened 3 years before I worked for her. My Public Defender told 2 of my closest friends, that it was clear on camera to be a complete accident, laws govern the outcome. In all of this, I have met truly wonderful people I would never other wise have met.

9 months ago

CaliforniaCheyanne in La Crescenta, California said: I agree whole heartedly. I believe that even though really horrific circumstances happen that rearrange personal plans and dreams, turning life in all appearances, upside down, taking a careful look around you, you can see an upside that will give you the courage to get back up, dust yourself off and never give up on yourself, because your creator will never give up on you. He knows your true worth and loves you unconditionally and He will help you if you let Him. I worked from the age of 10 helping animals and people of various ages. I have never been in trouble, in fact, went out of my way to stay out of troubles way. Out of desperation, needing a roof/ job in the space of a weekend, I took a job that gave me a personal understanding of what if the Israelites went through at the hands of Pharoah. The boss told me her family never intended for me to be arrested, placed in a disgusting holding cell for 6 and a half hours, subjected to 8 months of court, charged with a felony, five years of probation, etc. Her husband told me she would never take it back, because she would never want to lose face. She told me, in front of her husband that she took out on me, something that happened 3 years before I worked for her. My Public Defender told 2 of my closest friends, that it was clear on camera to be a complete accident, laws govern the outcome. In all of this, I have met truly wonderful people I would never other wise have met.

(Continued)-My first day of court, outside waiting for my ride, I got the opportunity to pray with a woman sitting at the bus stop crying, having just left the same courtroom as me. Holding back my own tears, it was an honor to pray with her. Today I was able to help a little dog in a desperate situation, not normal my being there, either, but for this situation. Grateful to be able to help the little one. Grateful for new friends

9 months ago

CaliforniaCheyanne in La Crescenta, California said: I agree whole heartedly. I believe even though really horrific circumstances happen, rearranging personal plans and dreams, turning life in all appearances, upside down, taking a careful look around you, you can see an upside giving you courage to get back up, dust yourself off and never give up on yourself, because your creator will never give up on you. He knows your true worth/loves you unconditionally and will help you, if you ask Him to. I have never been in trouble, in fact, went out of my way to stay out of troubles way. Out of desperation, needing a roof/ job in the space of a weekend, took a job giving me a personal understanding of what Israelites went through at the hands of Pharoah. The boss told me her family never intended me to be arrested, placed in a disgusting holding cell for 6 and a half hours, subjected to 8 months of court, charged with a felony, five years of probation, etc. Her husband told me she would never take it back, because she would never want to lose face. She told me, in front of her husband, she took out on me, something that happened 3 years before I worked for her. My Public Defender told 2 of my closest friends, it was clear on camera a complete accident, laws governed the outcome. In all of this, I have met truly wonderful people I would never other wise have met.

Continued-My first day of court, outside waiting for my ride, I got the opportunity to pray with a woman sitting at the bus stop crying, having just left the same courtroom as me. Holding back my own tears, it was an honor to pray with her. Today I was able to help a little dog in a desperate situation, not normal my being there, either, but for this situation. Grateful to be able to help the little one. Grateful for new friends!

been down that road in Mineral Wells, Texas

5 months ago

I am a 51 year old man and have four possession of controlled substance on my record 20 years ago, I did my jail time and probation. It was not easy just doing probation it was difficult to work for anyone because of the strict supervision ie meetings during work hours and after care for my addiction so I had to do landscaping were I could adjust my schedule to attend the different activity's for probation. After some time in to it I was able to get a Technical degree and have had jobs in avionics and seismic. The company's I worked for were and are small no major company would hire me if the question in the application ask if you have been convicted and I would tell them yes I would be rejected. I have been looking recently for a new job and it has gotten worse with all my info on the internet. I have decide not to apply for major company's just small mom and pop shops were the owner is there working with everybody, those people will hire a felon. I wish I could say I have done my time and suffered the consequences but I cant I have realized this is going to follow me my whole life I think it is easier to accept that and move on with my life. I hope this helps someone this is the best advice I can give a felon.

Gary Hall in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

1 month ago

YorkiePud in Gardendale, Alabama said: I agree with Lisa, especially if you have 3 felonies. Obeying the law isn't that hard. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but to get a felony X is no mistake. Why should anyone feel bad for someone who can't obey the law?

If you have nothing positive to add, please get off this site. Even probation officers provide more support than the words you shared.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.