Motives

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Healthy Karma in Adelaide, Australia

47 months ago

JamieLee in Hoboken, New Jersey said: Has anyone heard of Motives Cosmetics, or Motives by Loren Ridinger? The makeup is beautiful and the business is a lot like Mary Kay. Can anyone provide knowledge about these brands and their business? I think there is another MLM that does sell makeup but can't thinking of it right now.

Have a look on motivescosmetics.com you will find all the info you need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michele Ahlswede in San Antonio, Texas

47 months ago

JamieLee Motives Cosmetics is a Professional Line and is not an MLM in any way shape or form. This is the line I use as a Celebrity Makeup Artist for Film TV and Print. Because its professional it can also be sold off the shelves of salons and spas. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

T. H. in Fornebu, Norway

47 months ago

Michele Ahlswede in San Antonio, Texas said: JamieLee Motives Cosmetics is a Professional Line and is not an MLM in any way shape or form. This is the line I use as a Celebrity Makeup Artist for Film TV and Print. Because its professional it can also be sold off the shelves of salons and spas. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

I am tempted to ask if you want to sell makeup just because you like makeup or you want to do business to make incomming ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

TH Not sure if you were directing this comment to me. I am a Master Celebrity Makeup Artist who also has a line of professional Cosmetics that I represent. Why would I want to just promote MAC for instance and not get anything from them when I can carry a line that is proper for film print and tv.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tayler in Worcester, Massachusetts

38 months ago

can someone tell me a little more about motives? i'm going to meet with someone to possibly work for them but i'm not exactly sure what the job is? the ad said makeup artists needed but i don't think i'll being doing makeup artistry for them...
any info would be appreciated thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Tayler I am a now also a trainer for Motives. I would like you to contact me privately at my email michele@lacalisto.com I want to make sure they are not misrepresenting our company. Motivs Cosmetics is a PRO line of cosmetics that can be carried on the shelves of salons and spas. We also have a Pro Discount program simular to MACS but with a few extra perks. Motives does not hire anyone to do any jobs, we provide a franchise opportunity for those wanting that or the PRO Discount Program. Personally I do hire makeup artists but I am not the norm I work film sets and do big productions but that is me personally hiring them. I am on a film set right now as Key Makeup and Hair and that being hire people. But never as a Motives rep to we provide work only as individuals. Please contact me so I can furture follow up on this.

Bosslady in Framingham, Massachusetts

38 months ago

the only Motives I've heard of was a MLM company called Market America, so I chose not to get involved with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tayler in Worcester, Massachusetts

38 months ago

Bosslady in Framingham, Massachusetts said: the only Motives I've heard of was a MLM company called Market America, so I chose not to get involved with them.

do you do makeup?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

motivescosmetics.marketamerica.com/index.cfm?action=motives.csNewsList

I found this link: it was about 2 or 3 years ago I spoke with someone but they were affiliated with Market America.

I'd love to do make up if I could make some money with it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

motivescosmetics.marketamerica.com/index.cfm?action=motives.csNewsList

I guess I just typed this all in and it delete....yes, I would love to do makeup...but I'm not sure about this one!!!

38 months ago

Motives and Market America are NOT an MLM Company. Its a franchise and a networking business but absolutly not mlm. Motives is a PRO line that can be sold off the shelves of salons and spas, you can not do that with a mlm type business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Motives has been featured in Miami Fashion Week, San Antonio Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, the Fashion Show on Bravo to name a few. I personally use it on Film, TV, Print work and am using it right now on a Feature Film I am working on. You can go to www.lacalisto.com to see how I use it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

that's good to know Michele. I thought it was an MLM...they tried to sell me a website for $750. I freaked out...that was in either 2007 or 2008. I think it's probably more difficult to get work as a makeup artist in Massachusetts though. I will check out your link...thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

One more thing Michele...can you just sell the motives cosmetics? sort of like Avon, Mary Kay etc??
Thanks!

38 months ago

You can sell Motives to Individuals or place it for sale in any business that is at least 50% Service oriented. We are a direct selling company that is set up like a franchise. You can be a full Distributor with a franchise, or a Motives Pro where you buy wholesale and sale retail plus get a makeup website where you can send your customers and you get the difference in wholesale retail. Motives Pro requirements are similar to MACs and is only $40 per year. For a distributorship you have the option of also participating in the compensation plan and you only need a minimum of 2 business partners to activate that option. MK and others that are MLM only pay you on multiple levels (hence MLM) you get paid for instance 12%on the first level of people then 10%, 6%, 4% and that’s it. We pay to infinity and you receive 100% of the Business Volume of everyone who is in your genealogy. If you have more questions I would be happy to talk with you one on one with NO obligation...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GLAM DIVA in Deland, Florida

25 months ago

Bosslady in Framingham, Massachusetts said: motivescosmetics.marketamerica.com/index.cfm?action=motives.csNewsList

I found this link: it was about 2 or 3 years ago I spoke with someone but they were affiliated with Market America.

I'd love to do make up if I could make some money with it

Greetings Bosslady,
please get in contact with me at 6Nealyz@gmail.com. I would like to address your comment of Loving to do Make up for MONEY!!!

25 months ago

Michele Ahlswede in San Antonio, Texas said: You can sell Motives to Individuals or place it for sale in any business that is at least 50% Service oriented. We are a direct selling company that is set up like a franchise. You can be a full Distributor with a franchise, or a Motives Pro where you buy wholesale and sale retail plus get a makeup website where you can send your customers and you get the difference in wholesale retail. Motives Pro requirements are similar to MACs and is only $40 per year. For a distributorship you have the option of also participating in the compensation plan and you only need a minimum of 2 business partners to activate that option. MK and others that are MLM only pay you on multiple levels (hence MLM) you get paid for instance 12%on the first level of people then 10%, 6%, 4% and that’s it. We pay to infinity and you receive 100% of the Business Volume of everyone who is in your genealogy. If you have more questions I would be happy to talk with you one on one with NO obligation...

Greetings Michele,
Mary Kay not only get paid 1 way we get paid 3 ways. As, well as being rewarded with jewelry and cars!!as well as a retirment plan that can be willed off. Thank you!
And anyone who is interested in Mary Kay call me at email me at MNealy@marykay.com And lets me show you how to WIN!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michele Ahlswede Celebrity MUA in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

Motives is a PRO makeup line that can be used for High Def in the film industry MK can NOT be used for pro use. MK is a MLM Motives is NOT. With Motives we dont give you cheap jewelry and a car payment you have to earn yourself and if you dont make the monthly quota its taken away. We give you a residule income with 100% of the volume of EVERYBODY in your line, MK does not do that. We have at least 5 ways you can make an income with Motives as well as being willable. Why do I know this I did the MK thing and had my car.. got tired of quotas and found a better way..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

FABULOUS Michelle,
If high Def is all your looking for GREAT! But Mary Kay has gone from Professional Make Up Artist Ashunta has use the MARY KAY LINE of make up from Broadway, Film, Advertisments, Runway,to the Red Carpet.She has used Mary Kay for TOP celebs like Rihanna, Hillary Duff just to name teo. And the Magzines are endless GLAMOUR, ELLE. And as for the cheap jewelry it must have been from your Director. My Ms. GO GIVE gift was not cheap gold. Residule boo boo that why you have customers on skincare. And maybe you did not have inventory to get your quotas up. I do not much know about MOTIVES, but i only saw 3 ways to make MONEY not 5 ways. Im so sorry you got tired and you felt you found a better way for you. Please do not put wrong information out there for others to read. I do not know how long you had been in MARY KAY or how far up the latter you made it. But I know better. I can only guess that MOTIVES has nothing to give but 40%. Great for you. And then what car did you pay for? MARY KAY pays for you car, (we have 7 cars) as well as 85% of your insurance. Do you get a CAR with MOTIVES? Do you recieve health insurance , or a retirement plan with MOTIVES? What are the REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Thats great you have one makeup artist who uses MK but that is not the norm. I honestly with you the best of luck with your business But I am happy making 100% of everyone in my downline not just a percent.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RIFm4JLphY 7 minute video showing the differance in Horizontal(MLM) VS Vertical (Motives) Shows how we receive 100% of EVERYTHING not just a portion.
Why would I want just a MK car when I can make $300+ checks per week to start with and get the car I want. Yes we also have the option to get insurance and we have a fantastic retirement plan. Rewards its all we have!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

24 months ago

Well Mariana that just made you as the same CATEGORY as yoy described.the only fact that someone fail in MlM og dirextsales is themselves you can soccseed in any MLM company if you work right, people who will never succseed in personal business fail because they work wrong but frustrated people blame the company for theirown fatal mistakes and seak another company to join. The thing is join any company you like! You have to know why and like it, when you do you have to work with the right people it for sure help that the company you use delivers things people wants!! And yes l am into network marketing, but do not have to talk negative about other companies to succseed. I did my job and love it, but not with the company you want to join, but no doubt directsale is the future business. Good luck with your business remember to love what you do and find the right people to work with:-)

glam diva in Deland, Florida

24 months ago

OMG!! if you really want to learn the facts look at the websites. Then looking into the history. People talk bad about Mary Kay are the ones who either never have done it or got into it and never worked it they only wished it. And remember Mary Kay is not for everyone. Ask people to let you see their checks. And in Mary Kay we share and train and always WIN!!! And everyone loves to WIN!! And I LOVE to be around people who are self made Multi-Millionaires, how about you. One other place to look is Wall Street Journal. Or the facts about how many companies have car's on the road next to the US government. Or companies who have the most Millionaires? I just saying check it out for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

glam diva in Deland, Florida

24 months ago

Well said Torhild !! That is exactly right. Its either your Working It , or Wishing It!!! you determine that.

Scott Canter in Minneapolis, Minnesota

23 months ago

To start, I'm not in any of the opportunities mentioned above. First, it's true that success in any business is the result of the individual's efforts, and not the fault of the company, and/or products. Treat it like a buiness and not a hobby, and you'll have a business. Second, the defintion of MLM is simply this "A marketing plan in which the sales force is compensated not only for sales they personally generate, but also for the sales of others they recruit or sponsor." Call your buiness a "Franchise" or give it any other fancy name you want in order to convince yourself that you're not involved in MLM, but Motives and Market America are both by definition MLM companies. If you go to DSA.org which is the Direct Selling Association, you will find them listed as Direct Selling companies, aka MLM. Instead of trying to convince people you're not in MLM, say what I say "Darn right it's MLM, I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't." Leveragingyour eanr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

23 months ago

So right! could not agree more! MLM is the answer to how people want to live in the future! I am myself involved in MLM and it is the best choice I ever did! It changed our stressfull life into everything we ever dreamed of even above! I know as long as you know why you are doing it and hold on to your goals as a pittbull! You get there! Treat it like a business and be proud of what you do! Have fun and the universe delivers! I started joining Nuskin with GPN 2 years ago and it has been an amazing journey for us. I ususlly do not put much energy into discussionsforums because l have my business and cabån not care less about others failure in their business. Reasons why someone fail in their business is mostly how they think about themselves and what they do, no written goals, or they are not coachable or willin to take action! :-) l love my life as a free person, l have time for my kids, they do nit need to worry about their future, l travel when l want, where l want, l never need a creditcard, and l LOVE IT! The only way this was possible was to help people as ourself to get what they want. What a ride! MLM ROCKS! :-):-):-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

23 months ago

Btw Discovery made a documentary about Nuskin, and their discovery with ageloc :-):-):-) comming in August :-)

23 months ago

Just as a FYI Direct Sales is one thing which Motives and MA/Shop.com is and MLM is another. MLM stands for Multi Level Marketing meaning you get paid only for certain levels in a business compensation plan. Again we are a Direct Sales Marketing Distributorship. Our Business Compensation Plan does not pay out on specific levels but you get 100% of business volume of every single person in your geneology to infinity. For instanst a traditonal MLM pays on the first 5 levels often 12% on the first person 10% on the next 7% then 4% and 2%. We pay 100%, 100%, 100%..etc to infinity. That is not Multiple levels Marketing. If MLM works for you great but no one can beat our compensation plan why its not MLM structure but direct sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

market america and motives give me the freedom!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are looking for one let me know I will teach how to build ongoing residual income FAST!!! kyziam1978@yahoo.com

Marina as a Certified Motives Trainer I appreciate your enthusiasm... But. There are only some people with drive and ambition that can make Motives work FAST. We are not by any means a get rich quick company and I would hate for others to perceive that from your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marina in Portland, Oregon

23 months ago

But it is what happened with me,I had and have wonderful support and help, and I got my first check just in 2 weeks and people just love ma products. I love help people and I love work hard, but not for free. Market America gives you opportunity, approval business plan, how to create ongoing income and you can pick the way FASt or Slow ;) I know I am not an average person, but really ...I tried 5 MLM companies before, and Yes , I did earned some money, but not same as ma pays! Plus every month when I did MLM I was in the RASh to find more and more people, sale more and more, here it is natural process No rash, no pressure!
I just tried to show the difference it so easy. People just got lost they think that they are going in the wright way, but they still in same place. Yes, you can make FAST money like Elisabeth Webber, she did it fast earned $100.000 in 3 month!!! It just deepened on people if you have passion, goals and believe you can do it in 90 day. That is why ma has 90 day FAST track!
Sorry, if I did wright it this way, but it is what I fill and how I do it;)

Marina in Portland, Oregon

23 months ago

Just want to show that MLM and network companies are different!!!!!!!! Sorry dont hate me;)

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

23 months ago

The comment about MLM is not lasting in the long run is not correct, it is just important to look at what is it the company offers of inovative products and look at some of the oldest MLM companies has been around for up to 70 years! The only reason for a business to stop up is yourself. I work with thousands of people who has been into MLM for many years and live very well from it as for myself too. There is one MLM company that will make a diffrence from all the others in the years to come. Discovery chanal has just finnished their documentary about Nuskin, the science about ageloc and it is now a fact, they are the only one with agingproducts that attack the sources to aging from inside and outside our body so we can now live looking and feeling young all our life no matter how old we gets and all this happends in a natural healthy way! Watch discovery in august l know my business will not stop up :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

23 months ago

The comment about MLM is not lasting in the long run is not correct, it is just important to look at what is it the company offers of inovative products and look at some of the oldest MLM companies has been around for up to 70 years! The only reason for a business to stop up is yourself. I work with thousands of people who has been into MLM for many years and live very well from it as for myself too. There is one MLM company that will make a diffrence from all the others in the years to come. Discovery chanal has just finnished their documentary about Nuskin, the science about ageloc and it is now a fact, they are the only one with agingproducts that attack the sources to aging from inside and outside our body so we can now live looking and feeling young all our life no matter how old we gets and all this happends in a natural healthy way! Watch discovery in august l know my business will not stop up :-)

Torhild in Oslo, Norway

23 months ago

Yes Nuskins compensationplan pays out more actually and the plan is created by distributors, not the company, which gives an comission that the more you work the more you get. Nuskin has as a goal to allways pay the higest commissions in the industry and l know they do:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

The comment about Nuskin is incorrect because they are still a MLM Pay Plan.
Let me clarify, all these companies are direct selling companies, but the majority have a MLM pay plan to reimburse their distributors. MLM means multiple levels and you get paid a small % on a limited amount of people in your organization. Motives/shop.com/market america pays out 100% to infinity for your entire organization. Which sounds better 100% or a small percentage?

Artistry love in Daly City, California

8 months ago

Just wanting to make a clarification. I am knowledgable about Mary Kay. I also recently met with a rep with Motives and reviewed the business opportunity. Motives (Market America) like Mary Kay falls under the direct sales umbrella, if you will. However, the difference between the two companies is that Motives is multi-level. Mary Kay is dual-level meaning that you don't have to enlist "sponsors" to generate income. No one is "under" you, should you decide to build a team. Also, all commission compensation is paid to you directly by the company, which is based on the wholesale production ( items ordered to service clients), not what someone actually sells. Hope that helps inquiring minds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Artistry love in Daly City, California said: Just wanting to make a clarification. I am knowledgable about Mary Kay. I also recently met with a rep with Motives and reviewed the business opportunity. Motives (Market America) like Mary Kay falls under the direct sales umbrella, if you will. However, the difference between the two companies is that Motives is multi-level. Mary Kay is dual-level meaning that you don't have to enlist "sponsors" to generate income. No one is "under" you, should you decide to build a team. Also, all commission compensation is paid to you directly by the company, which is based on the wholesale production ( items ordered to service clients), not what someone actually sells. Hope that helps inquiring minds.

Sorry but you really need to get your facts correct. In all direct swelling companies you do get the difference of wholesale retail and that is where any similarity stops. In Mary Kay which is a classic Multi Level Compensation plan. To participate in their compensation plan you must have 5 people on your top line which you receive 12% of their generated income. Next level you receive 10%' next 7%' next 4%, last level 2%. So you only get paid on the first 5 levels of people and to make even small amounts of money you must have 5 people in each level all in competition with each other. In Motives we have what is called a Bi-Nomial business compensation plan. That is "1" team on your right and "1" team on your left, so what does that add up to yes correct "2" We .teach each person that chooses to participate in the compensation plan to find "2" like minded people, not 20 like in MK. Each new person is placed on the bottom, not to the side and "everyone" receives "100%" of "Everything" of "everyone" to infinity of your team Not only that but you can place your volume down into your personals business centers helping them and everyone else to make checks. So lets see would someone rather make a small % or 100%?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glamdiva in Deland, Florida

8 months ago

Michele, while your telling others to get FACTS straight . You need to do the same! There is NO 12%,10%7%,4% nor 2%. And the number 20 you just pulled out of no where,REALLY PLEASE STOP putting the wrong information out about Mary Kay. If you were in it you did not GROW its apparent. And because you did not work it don't BASH the company for your misunderstandings, or failures. If you were in Mary Kay you would know the correct numbers.The only number you got right was the 5, that will get you on target for your car. Mary Kay is Celebrating 50 years in business. And is a Debt FREE company. Mary Kay is #1 in cosmetics for 15 yrs. straight, and the ONLY 1 on the list next to Apple, Google. The GOOD LUCK with MOTIVES!I pray its all you want it to be and you climb the ladder of SUCCESS in Motives!!!

8 months ago

Actually I had my first car and a team of 30 but got tired of begging them and hounding them to make those sales each month so I could keep in qualification. So here is the MK compensation plan laid out from a MK directors web site www. josdreams.com/upload/Marketing%20Plan%20and%20FAQ.pdf
Apologize for getting it wrong seems like its 13%,9%,and 4% now so much better seems they did away with the 20% So does MK serve a purpose for a certain sector of women. Yes it does if your only concerned with comradarie and for the most part being able to get your product at cost. And exactly how is bashing stating exactly what a companies does and does not do. Motives has also been debt free and actually MAC has been rated #1 in cosmetic sales for the last 15 years. Can you show what you are referring to as on a list next to apple.and google, what list are you speaking of to enlighten all of us.

Artistry love in San Jose, California

8 months ago

I'm not sure that you understood the posting.
As previously mentioned,in Mary Kay, the commission compensation is based on the WHOLESALE PRODUCTION of the entire team, including yourself. And it is paid to you in the form of either a check or direct deposit that is issued directly from the company after the month end closes. So, if you're choosing to build a team, your compensation then consists of the profit from servicing your clients (50% of what you sell), plus the company-issued commission check.
(**Wholesale production, in Mary Kay, refers to the orders that the team places to service their clients. It has nothing to do with what an individual actually sells or their generated income. )
Also, in Mary Kay, you can begin earning commission with ONE team member. It is not a must that you have five team members to begin receiving compensation.

Thank you for naming the Motives (Market America) compensation plan. I do recall the rep mentioning the receiving 100% of the downlines, but there were also quite a few other details that went into that, which have not yet been mentioned.

My advise would be to make sure that you have a clear understanding of what you decide to partake in. Only then will you choose the endeavor that's best for you.

8 months ago

I totally understand the posting MK gives you your difference of wholesale retail and a very very small % of any team you have below you but only for a few levels MA/Shop.com gives you 100% to infinity p,us your wholesale retail which ranges from 30% to 600% depending on the product Our commision is also not based on month to month where you loose what you have at the end of the month and re set to zero ours saves for 365 days. So yes people should find out all the facts first in that we agree you can see our full compensation plan at www.teamlacalisto.com. I posted the MK plan on PDF form above prof is in the puddin as they say. People can then choose which works best for them 13% or 100%

jsnitz08

8 months ago

Michele Ahlswede in San Antonio, Texas said: Actually I had my first car and a team of 30 but got tired of begging them and hounding them to make those sales each month so I could keep in qualification. So here is the MK compensation plan laid out from a MK directors web site www . josdreams.com/upload/Marketing%20Plan%20and%20FAQ.pdf
Apologize for getting it wrong seems like its 13%,9%,and 4% now so much better seems they did away with the 20% So does MK serve a purpose for a certain sector of women. Yes it does if your only concerned with comradarie and for the most part being able to get your product at cost. And exactly how is bashing stating exactly what a companies does and does not do. Motives has also been debt free and actually MAC has been rated #1 in cosmetic sales for the last 15 years. Can you show what you are referring to as on a list next to apple.and google, what list are you speaking of to enlighten all of us.

Thanks for Michele for your support for Motives. Aside from any compensation plans, personally I rather choose a line that customizable for the individual. As well as uses the highest quality of ingredients (Motives) I've been using Motives for 3 years and my skin tone as dramatically IMPROVED!!! better looking skin from a cosmetic line? YES its possible!! with motives. Also, Motives/shop.com/market america has plenty of opportunities to make ongoing residual income that is willable!!! We don't need to be paid out with cars like Michele stated, we will get the income we deserve and be able to buy the car of our dreams.

Artistry love in San Jose, California

8 months ago

What exactly would you be selling to receive a compensation of up to 600%? Sounds as though there would be other entities involved.

In Mary Kay, the primary products are of skincare and glamour--nothing else. The compensation actually isn't that small when you pair it with the team production. Whether you're working or not is what makes the difference.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'our commission is also not based on month to month where you lose what you have at the end of the month and reset to zero. Our saves for 365 days'. In business, it's common practice to close out the books every month for accounting purposes. With Mary Kay, you're compensated for the work you do every month. You don't lose anything that you've earned and you certainly don't have to wait up to 365 days to receive the commission.

I do recall the Motives (Market America) compensation model and understood that the commission is locked/unlocked by either the 'left' or 'right' side reaching a certain level of points, which is affiliated with the various products. (The rep gave me an example of the breakdown in one of the brochures) If the performance doesn't happen, then come day 366, the commission is forfeited. That doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't you be compensated for the work done, regardless?

8 months ago

We have custom blend cosmetics which can be bottled, or airbrushed and yes wholesale retail for that product is 600% basically $31 profit a bottle and no one but motives has this in direct sales or in stores In MK if you have 1 business partner you receive at the most 13% of what they do. With Motives yes you have to have 2 partners to participate in the compenapsation plan but that is all you must have then you get 100% to infinity of all your entire trams volume and we get paid on it weekly and the smallest check you can get is $300. It's what the team is doing not what the Individual does alone. In Mary Kay if you do not have business partners you also can not part update in the compensation plan only wholesale retail. That point system you spoke of is again not generated by one person but everyone And when is the last time your director placed all her business volume in your business never and why piper compenapsation plan received a patent 21 years ago and no one can duplicate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Artistry love in Alameda, California

8 months ago

Are you saying or would you say that to make money in Market America, the focus would be more on building a team versus selling a product?
What if you don't want to sponsor a 'left' or 'right' wing? Can you make a substantial income just promoting the product and what/how long would it take? What happens if your 'left' or 'right' wing decides to stop performing? (These were just a few of the questions that I did not get answers to. Maybe you could help?)

8 months ago

We are a product brokerage company first and foremost we only make money by moving product. Since we have a proprietary line of isotonic nutrition line, a line just for people with a medical license, pet care, organic home care, web site sales, and a record label and not to mention our cosmetic and skin care lines we are not limited on what we have for customers. It is extremely easy to make from several hundred to several thousand a month in product sales alone without the compensation plan. With the compensation plan you have a team effort not your own effort to rely on, so unless your not putting anything into your business that would be they only way it would not work If you are teaching and managing and helping (which is what our bonuses are based on) your team it would not stop growing as each new person in an organization is placed at the bottom not to the side and there are no break away's You ask how long does it take and that depends on the person, what are they doing to promote to clients are they sharing products they love or not telling anyone We also have our shop.com where you can earn cash back which is real cash money for shopping online at stores your already shopping at. For instance you get 4% cash back for shopping at Home Depot so that's basically $40 found cash for every thousand you spend there, and I know lots of guys who spend that much there easy a month.

8 months ago

Let me ask this in Mary Kay what happens if your team members stop selling, you loose monthly qualification and your banks reset to zero at the end of the month. You then have to try again next month to reach sales goals to either get or stay in qualification. In market America if for some reason one of your 2 business partners decide not to do the business your business volume does not go anywhere you just replace that person and in the meantime all the other partners below you which we're placed by those above you keeps rolling uphill and saving up for you.

Artistry love in San Leandro, California

8 months ago

Actually, qualification and maintenance in Mary Kay are two different things. It's not likely that you'd lose much of anything, if you're working your personal business. Ultimately, that's what makes the difference. Sure it's nice to build a team, but it would be unwise to leave it up to them to determine your bottom line.

There aren't any 'banks' to reset or commissions to be held-- that model pertains to Market America. **They should do away with the commission holding. If you've worked for it, you should get your share. Plus, I doubt that the company is forfeiting their share.

As a business owner, you should have sales goals every month and a way to assess your progress. Otherwise, you set yourself up to be disappointed with not attaining the results that you're hoping for.

8 months ago

You still don't get it the commissions are not what you have accumulated on your own. Our commissions are 100% of of what everyone else has also made from below you, not what you did on your own.
Example say underneath in a straight line down is Sally, Joe, Paul, Mary, Dr Jones, and Heather.
Every Friday the computer looks to see how much product was purchased and in each persons banks.
Heather at the bottom purchased $400 which would roughly be 200 business volume or BV. The computer takes that 200 and moves it up to the next person and Dr Jones in his practice had 400BV so now it becomes 600BV.
Then it moves up to Mary who had 100BV and it becomes 700BV.
700BV moves up to Paul who had only 50 BV but now his is 750BV, which moves up to Joe who had 200 BV so his becomes 950 BV.
950BV moves up to Sally who had 250BV in her bank which now became 1200 BV.
That was Sally's left side and her team side she had sitting 10,000 BV from everyone in it..
Sally just received a $300 bonus check for her only selling around
$450 retail of which she also go the wholesale retail of around $200.
Why?? Because this is a true team effort and its not on what you do alone but the entire team.

Artistry love in Fremont, California

8 months ago

Questions: The bottom person of your downline determines what your BV bump is? How does Heather get her bump since she's the bottom line?

Ex. Keeping the order and beginning BVs the same, if Heather only produced 50bv, then the bump would be as follows: Sally-1050bv, Joe-800bv, Paul-600bv, Mary-550bv, Dr. Jones-450bv, Heather-50.

I'm understanding why the monthly 'closing of books' or setting of monthly sales goals wouldn't really be used with this compensation model. And what the primary focus is on.

It's an interesting model that Market America utilizes, which is not quite the same as Mary Kay. So I don't consider the companies to be one of the same.

8 months ago

Its absolutely nothing like MK's compensation plan in any way shape or form.. Again MK only gets paid on the first few levels of people and MA pays to infinity. Every single new person from every single person above you that has a new partner join them is placed at the bottom of the team side. So that side is always being built for you, and once you place your first person on the team side all you have to concentrate is finding your second person like you and teaching them to find TWO and then teaching them to find ONLY two. Now tell me if in MK you can make a minimum of $1500.00 by ONLY finding TWO business partners, and that is in bonus checks not counting your personal wholesale retail.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.