About the MBLEx Secrets Study Guide

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Kim Fischer PhD in Columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

I don't know if this is a good resource or not BUT I do know that in choosing any resource you might consider the following. Has the person the expertise to present information about such a topic? In other words, it is not unusual to hire someone to research and write about a topic as if they were an expert. Secondly, is the author a credentialed practitioner who has taken the exam written about. If not, I would suggest you look for help elsewhere. Thirdly, a bank of questions will never ensure knowledge and application of content on an exam. You need to have the knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology, massage theory and application as opposed to studying a test bank of questions. In many cases, like the test bank that suggests it is made for all state and national exams for massage therapy, it just doesn't suffice. In Ohio, you would require much more than this test bank of questions.

Be critical of a "too good to be true" offer! It usually is.

Check out my home page and my education, credentials, and experience in providing exam study guides for the national certification exams including the MBLEx, and the Ohio massage therapy exam. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

salondusoleil in Lynn Haven, Florida

64 months ago

Hi Linda,

My name is Paul Bui, I m from Panama city , FL.

I was wondering if you had purchase a MBLEx Secrest Study Guide.

Is it a good book ? Please, Let me know.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim Fischer PhD in Columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

Paul,

No I have not. But, I am acquainted with this company. If you look on their web site, they offer study guides for many different kinds of exams. Evidently, he hires a team of people to write test questions and study guides and I doubt seriously that any of them have a massage background. I have seen their personal trainer study guide. A student of mine had bought it. It was pretty poor as far as quality and content.

So, for what it is worth, try to find someone providing a study guide who is licensed/certified in massage and has actually taken the exam. I have both. And if you have questions, I'm a real, live, honest-to-goodness person you can ask!

Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Rodgers LMT in Louisville, Kentucky

54 months ago

Kim,
I'm getting ready to take this test as well and was looking for a good study guide. Can you suggest a good study guide for this exam (MBLEx) ? I think you are correct in having someone who is actually a massage therapist and who has taken the test create the study guide.
Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dawnlmt76 in Palm Harbor, Florida

53 months ago

I finally passed the national exam after my 3rd tried. The last time I bought a study guide called Don't Panic! Questions & Answers to help you pass the massage therapy national exam off of Amazon. I think it was like $20. It helped tremendously!1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

massagebymeli in Las Vegas, Nevada

50 months ago

I'm moving to seattle and need to pass the mblex test any sugestions......i would like to hear for someone who recentally passed this test...thank you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Rodgers LMT in Louisville, Kentucky

50 months ago

Is there a good study guide anyone has used to pass the MBLEx??? I haven't seen a good one yet and I need to pass it cause I'm moving to South Carolina and need to do it soon. Thanx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda VP in Seattle, Washington

50 months ago

salondusoleil in Lynn Haven, Florida said: Hi Linda,

My name is Paul Bui, I m from Panama city , FL.

I was wondering if you had purchase a MBLEx Secrest Study Guide.

Is it a good book ? Please, Let me know.

Thanks

It is a great book I have my license after ten years! It only took three months with this book!

Linda Van Puymbrouck in Chehalis, Washington

50 months ago

Is this a good book for MBLEx Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) test. The name of the book is MBLEx Secrets Study Guide. Please let me know!
Linda VP
It is a great book I have my license after ten years! It only took three months with this book!

massagebymeli

50 months ago

Thank you....i shall look it up tomorrow...and i`ll keep you posted...

kerman in Boynton Beach, Florida

40 months ago

hello, I have taken the mblex exam three times already. Im studying throw massageprep.com and massage-exam.com, and nothing. I need any help that you guys can provide for me at this moment. Like for example a study guide book i dont know something. Thank you so much!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Boca Raton, Florida

36 months ago

I will be taking my test on Thursday. Is anyone out there recently took an MBLEX TEST who can give me an area where should I most need to concentrate? Thanks.

MHENLEY in Tampa, Florida

35 months ago

I'M TAKING IT FOR SECOND TIME NEXT WEEK, YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON CELL STRUCTURE A LOT, DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS, AND MANY QUESTIONS LIKE ASSESSMENT, EX. A CLIENT HAS THIS OR THAT, PAIN HERE, WHAT WILL BE YOUR BEST APROACH? I'M STUDYING THROUGH MASSAGE PREP, BUT IT'S TOO COMPLEX AND REVIEW SHOW ONLY UNTIL YOU GET OFF, ONCE YOU GET OFF, YOU NEED TO START AGAIN, REVIEW WITH CORRECTED ANSWERS WON'T SHOW ANYMORE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Valentin Popov in Raleigh, North Carolina

23 months ago

I will agree with most of the opinions stated so far. I did purchase the Secrets and found them to be an overwhelming mountain of straight data, most of which I have not seen on either MBLEx or NCBTMB. Plus, I am an educator as well as a licensed professional and have never encountered any kind of attitude that was 'secretive' about massage therapy. We are an open and direct profession that encourages collaboration, camaraderie, and support of one another. I have been in education for almost 25 years and have colleagues that have been on test writing committees for both MBLEx and NCBTMB and I have NEVER known of anyone to hold "secrets" in regard to education. It just goes against the basic grain of our attitudes and philosophy as a profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Rodgers in Louisville, Kentucky

23 months ago

so Valentin, what would be the best study guide for the MBLEx or the NCBTMB???

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.