Cortiva Institute Pinellas Park, FL school reviews?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Student in Saint Petersburg, Florida

85 months ago

Yes, I know when it was still the humanities center it was half the cost.. BUT everyone has said that in tampa bay this is the best school to go to. This is right near my house and 25 minutes away from my work.

Any reviews? How was the support with helping to find work after licensing? Did they really prepare you for the National exams?

Cost? Schedule?

Thanks! I am a licensed esthetician, nail tech & cosmetologist. I really prefer to do skincare so this would be perfect to market myself more effectively. Doing hair is just the pits in Tampa Bay! There isn't as much money as say, Arizona!

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Student in Saint Petersburg, Florida

85 months ago

I'm going to look at it in a week but just want some student opinions!

Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

79 months ago

Did you enroll? I have read both good & not so good reviews with the "new" school. I know a few that went years ago & some said it was "tough" in a good way & others felt it was borderline insane, the requirements for the "book" portion of the course.
I went to a local school, almost 20 years ago for dental assisting. The location gave the school a bad name - PTEC in so. St.Pete - - but I have to say every doc spoke with about the school gave me a high five for going there. The course work was intense & tough! I left with a much better education than co-workers that went to an 8 week "course", just to learn the test & get certified. Maybe five years in, I had "lost" most of my knowledge in terminology, muscles & bones. The docs rarely use it with patients or assistants - so much for the time - one year - learning it ???
NOW, I'm considering massage - maybe esty? I am still looking for a "tough" school, for either, rather than one that will teach me the test. I would appreciate your honest feedback on Cortiva. THANKS!

Reply - Report abuse

midtown in Tallahassee, Florida

79 months ago

I went to the Humanities Center 10 years ago. It was one of the top schools in the nation. I also have a friend that went through when it was changed to Cortiva. She really seemed to like it. I do know that if you are looking for massage, it is one of the best schools in Florida and that the chiropractor that I worked for would only hire students from there. I am pretty sure that some of the original teachers from the Humanities Center are still there. Just go and get a tour and ask a lot of questions. Your first step will be educating yourself on what they have to offer and the curriculum. I am also an esthitecian, if you are interested in a school down there, all I can tell you for sure is...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AT AVEDA!!!!!
Good Luck with everything. I hope this was a bit of help:)

Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

79 months ago

Thanks, Midtown :)
Just today, I met - a private practice chiropractor. His office is actually in the same office center as the spa I'm at. He is a massage instructor at another local school, not Cortiva. I did speak with him about the course he teaches, techniques, etc... He seemed pretty straight up. The course he teaches is new, at an established beauty school. My esty boss knows and likes him. I think I will speak to him again and ask him if he was a teacher at Humanities. Or how he would compare his course Vs theirs, unbiased of course - as a doc, not an instructor.
Aveda - ugh! I have heard nothing good about that school and from what I have heard about their tuition, they are two to three times higher than other schools. I'm not impressed with their "name". I have been offered to work as an apprentice for esty. Waiting to hear back from the state on requirements/details. I was told by a spa, it would take longer than a school course - BUT, I feel it may be a better hands on education. Decisions, decisions :)
Thanks again for the reply :)

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.