Internationally Massage Qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 219)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

nikki in Adelaide, Australia

59 months ago

hi all, i am an international student here in Australia and did my Diploma in Remedial massage and also got a massage therapist job in a clinic. I am looking for enhancing my career in massage and so searching for sponsorship job. Will you please help me with some ideas?

Thanks
Nikki

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peter Sinfield in Wellington, New Zealand

59 months ago

Kate in Midlothian, Virginia said: I'm in the opposite position....I'm in the US and want to work overseas, preferably New Zealand or maybe Spain or Hungary. How hard is it for an American to uproot? Since the US is rather puritan and not exactly body confident, is it hard to switch over to Europe/the rest of the world?

Thanks!

Ive lived and legally have continued doing massage (28 yrs now) with no problems at all in New Zealand, Ecuador, Peru, parts of Canada n the UK over the years n my training was in the united slaves where I grew up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dbella405 in Dayton, Ohio

59 months ago

Interested in moving to New Zealand or Australia

ileana in Bucharest, Romania

58 months ago

Carmen in Delray Beach, Florida said: The H2B visa, is not for massage therapist, I'm working into a restaurant with this visa. I also need a sponsor, in case I'll have to do the whole training again..
but I haven't reach that point yet.

Hi Carmen,
I am interested in working on delray Beach in Restaurant as well. I'm from bucharest. Can you please tel me which agency you used and what Country club are working at? As well a few details about the live , work and salary there.
Many Thanks

Ileana

HC in Auckland, New Zealand

58 months ago

Angela in Austin, Texas said: Hi, my family & I will be moving to NZ in a few months. My husband is a kiwi- so citizenship should be granted. I am just now looking into what I need to do to practice massage in NZ. I have 630 hours of school, licensed & have been practicing four and half years.
Does anyone know who I should contact to get this going?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Angela

Hi, You do not need a qualification as such to practice massage in NZ. We are covered by the general Health and Disabilities Act and must follow the guidelines for rights of refusal, confidentiality etc but there is no rule to be qualified (even if you are giving a free massage to a friend they can prosecute through the same act). There is a sort of group register in NZ; Massage New Zealand where massage therapists can become verified either certified or remedial massage therapists. This provides a good place for therapists to meet and keep in contact with one another.

Hope this helps anybody with regards to NZ. I personally am trying to find out what exactly I need to practice massage in the UK as I only have a certificate in relaxation massage from NZ. Can anybody give me a straight answer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moses River in United Kingdom

58 months ago

Hi guys/girls,,
You all worry way too much...
I been working as a massage therapist in NZ, OZ, Spain and the UK over the last 5 years. (I'm Irish).
Forget about your bits of paper and your qualifications, as long as you are a damm good massage therapist you can get work anywhere in the world. Yes I'm qualified in 6 different techniques in 5 different countries but I don't produce those bits of paper when I turn up looking for work.
Yes, I do a trial massage on the manager/boss of the company I want to work for and they hire me on my ability...that is it.
If you know your s**T you will get hired anywhere in the world,,,full stop!!!
I've been there, done that and wore several massage t-shirts.. :)
Go for it, follow your dream, buy the plane ticket, but remember if you have every piece of paper under the sun that states you are qualified in 10 different languages then you have probably wasted alot of money..sorry..
Wish you all the best...be the best..
Much love
x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fiancee_of_an_Aussie in Bethesda, Maryland

58 months ago

Must be nice that Moses River from the UK was able to do all that in those countries without sponsorship because my fiancee went to school in America and completed his studies in Massage Therapy in Australia where he is now because we are unable to find him a sponsor here in America so he can work legally and no one in America will just "go with the flow" as they apparently do in those countries. Any thoughts on how he can get sponsorship in the Washington, DC area???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Hi
I'll be honest and say that the one reason I haven't worked in the USA is because of the amount of red tape you guys have...
It's horrible and I wish it wasn't so..
Beautiful country with a few beautiful people but impossible to work in...you guys really do worry too much about rules and regs..
My advice is to move somewhere else...
You know you want too!!!
Do it
x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

You are not wrong there. I would love to move to London actually but I have worked in government all my life and I'm sure it is not that easy to get a government job there and housing is far too expensive to try living off my fiance doing only massage therapy. Speaking of, is there a visa process to work and live in the UK in general?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Fiancee_of_an_Aussie in Bethesda, Maryland said: You are not wrong there. I would love to move to London actually but I have worked in government all my life and I'm sure it is not that easy to get a government job there and housing is far too expensive to try living off my fiance doing only massage therapy. Speaking of, is there a visa process to work and live in the UK in general?

There is indeed, normally pretty easy for an aussie though, having done it the other way myself twice (working in Oz), but much harder for an American. Depending on his age though they generally don't give visa's as easily to massage therapists as well.
Tis a difficult one, obviously it would be easy for you to move too Oz, don't ya like it? I loved it over there and will probably go back in the future..
Go on, get married and settle in Oz for a bit...

life is short!

58 months ago

The plan is more like getting married over here and getting dual citizenship. You are right. Life is too short and the older you get the quicker it goes. Just wish things were simpler when it comes to issues like this but oh well. I love this forum because you get to seek advice of others with similar issues for resolution. Cheers.

58 months ago

I wish you all the best..
On a final note, I trained with the Brandon Raynor school of massage in NZ, they are an aussie company based in Sydney. In the future I would love to work for them on an international level. If your hubby to be was working for them they would station him in USA and he could be their man on the ground teaching throughout the states..
Sounds ideal in my ideal world.. :)
So basically he needs a job with an International (Australian) massage company based in the USA, it is possible..
All the best..
Much love
x

58 months ago

He graduated from the Q Academy Brisbane location. That is a really good idea about working for Brandon Raynor over here. If I recall correctly, there is also a school in Brisbane where he could go talk to. I will have him do that immediately. Thanks for that! Who knows - you may have just solved all our problems.

IM in Auckland, New Zealand

57 months ago

Cori in Dallas, Texas said: Is there a test you need to take to become certified to do massage or medical qi gong in New Zealand? My Husband who is in Chiropractic school and i plan on opening a clinic in New Zealand. But i can't find anything on a test. thanks for any info!

In NZ there is no test.

Its not so fascistly controled as in the united slaves,
in this way.
I grew up in the united slaves, so I speak from experience.

I happily left the u.s. 12 years ago n have been very successful
in continuing my professional Natural Health practice in NZ for the last 8 years, including Medicinal Herbalist, Massage Therapist, Counselor n Shiatsu therapist.

Likewise in Banos, Ecuador n Huaraz, Peru the 4 years prior to that
I had my business for some years part of the season in Huarz n part in Banos.

Ive been in the profession for 28 years.

My partner is from the UK/Austria and had her Natural Health practice as an acupunturist, as well as doing massage n other healing arts modalities.
In NZ on does have to get their qualifications reviewed n pass an examination to practice acupunture in NZ.

Kiwis are however not as open minded to natural Health as in the u.s.
There are many people however who are here.

Saviya in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

Dina in Mount Shasta, California said: Hi Claire...Thank you for your help & all the information, I do need to join a maassage organization since I've let my own lapse. I'd be heading to Scotland for short stays , 4-6 weeks maybe longer over the next 10 plus years before my
husband retires! Once he does retire, his pension would take care of our finances so we wouldn't be on the Dole system. I'll check into the ITEC for sure, and would like to work legally while I am over there for my short stays.

I'll be sure to stay in touch with you, thanks. I've spent 2 months in the Highlands, have friends there and absolutely love it, no doubt I want to eventually live there. I'm off to check out organizations and the ITEC info,
thanks!

Cheers,
Dina

Did you ever find out what to do in Scotland? I'm a LMP in Washington State (11 years). Would like to see what my options would be.
Thanks!
Saviya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lmttiffany in Seattle, Washington

56 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Rachel~ I'm in Portland, OR and looking into also moving to Sweden for a few years to massage. Perhaps longer! I can't find anything to becoming a LMT out there. Have you found anything? I'm also looking into taking Swedish at PCC when I can find a class.

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida

56 months ago

Hi,
I am moving to Amsterdam soon. I am just graduating as a massage therapist in Florida right now. I have my degree,but I would like to know - maybe you can help me - what kind of licence i need in Netherlands to work with my degree over there? If you could give me any advice or name of any organisation, i would be more than grateful.

Eszter

kat in Seminole, Florida

56 months ago

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida said: Hi,
I am moving to Amsterdam soon. I am just graduating as a massage therapist in Florida right now. I have my degree,but I would like to know - maybe you can help me - what kind of licence i need in Netherlands to work with my degree over there? If you could give me any advice or name of any organisation, i would be more than grateful.

Eszter

I don't have a answer.Can Americans work in other countrys and do you speak the laungage ? I think Amsterdam is the perfect society.A free and open society with more personal rights than america.Good luck and enjoy each moment.

56 months ago

I am not american. I am from the Eu so I have all the legal rights to move inside the EU. I spoke four languages - the dutch not yet - but in Netherlands everybody speaks english. So nobody has disadvantage because of the languages. I am planning to work on the area of sport. But will see.Maybe in hotel or spa - so the langauges will be my strength.
In Netherlands as a foreign person you can attend to free language class for foreign people. Well, I speak german very good, so I do not have problem to understand the dutch either.I just need to know if I need special licence over there and if somebody knows where to turn to.

Saviya in Seattle, Washington

56 months ago

kat in Seminole, Florida said: I don't have a answer.Can Americans work in other countrys and do you speak the laungage ? I think Amsterdam is the perfect society.A free and open society with more personal rights than america.Good luck and enjoy each moment.

Hello there,,,,

I just spent 13 months in Amsterdam and enjoyed it a lot. They don't have a ton of "laws" like americans do. I asked around about massage licence and everyone said you have more education than you have to have there. I would still call around to people who are calling themselves a massage therapist have for licences. I did massage out of my place and did pretty well. I put up flyers at the gyms and just told my friends about it. Towards the end of my stay I had about 10 regulars and didn't work real hard to get them. Also, people don't pay a lot for massages there. The going rate is about 35-40 euros an hour. I charged 35 1hr and 50 1 1/2hr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Lisburn, United Kingdom

56 months ago

For those of you who are looking for information about Massage in Sweden, here are two links that may be of interest (the sites are Swedish, but both have English sections, and the rest is possible to Google/Babelfish).

www.svenskmassage.se/sve/start/english.php - Swedish Massage Advisory Council.

www.axelsons.com/ - THE leading school for future Therapists in Sweden.

If you need any further information, especially when in comes to "official" stuff, if you can't find online information in English, contact a Swedish Embassy or consulate, as I'm sure they will assist you.

Good Luck!

PJ in Lisburn, United Kingdom

56 months ago

anika in Stockholm, Sweden said: Sorry, I married a Swede. Getting a work permit will be close to impossible unless you know Swedish..so forget about it. They try VERY hard to keep foreigners out here. These people are racist and elitist for NO REASON AT ALL. I would NEVER come here, if I had to do it over again.

I suppose that you are entitled to your opinion, but I would like to point out that a) Per Capita, Sweden accepts more immigrants than almost any other country b) Don't know which part of the country you have settled in, but read any guide book about Stockholm and it is described as International, Cosmopolitan and a MIX of influences. If you are stuck in some provincial town 'out and about' things may be different, but in my experience goes for the UK and the US. c) Yes, it is more involved than just going, but I'd say less than what I had to go through before I moved to Canada, or later to the US, so why so surprised. d) You don't HAVE to speak Swedish, but it is reasonable to expect someone working in Sweden to be able to communicate with all potential clients in a language they understand. I have friends who worked in Sweden for years without really learning the language since most swedes speak good English.
e) Finally, and not wanting to lower the tone on this board, but I find it ironic that someone commenting on a Massage board, seems to be in such dire need of a Massage (whether for general tension, or for 'Female Afflictions' I don't know)

Hugs...

PS Anyone looking at moving to Sweden ought to take a peak at www.sweden.se/ which has information about moving to Sweden.

MassageFreak in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

56 months ago

I am a SC resident and certified in Massage Therapy through the newer MBLEx test. Now I am moving to Australia in a few months. Would anyone know if my license will be transferable/valid to Australia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Halila in Loja, Spain

55 months ago

Hi

Not sure if this will be of much use, but try contacting massage schools of queensland in Australia they may be able to help with your query. Their web massageschools.com.au/

Good luck

Karin in Alameda, California

55 months ago

Ann Aura in Zürich, Switzerland said: Does anyone know what the requirements are for doing massage in Spain? I have US & Swiss citizenship, and 750 hours nationally licensed in the USA. would love to know how this works, also how to get spa work on a cruise ship?

Hi Anne- I also have both US and Swiss citizenships and am interestd in finding out information about doing massage in Spain. Right now I am only licensed in California. Have you found out any information about this? I'd greatly appreciate it..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Barrie, Ontario

55 months ago

I am a massage therapist working in Ontario Canada. I am interested in moving abroad with my hubby and daughter and have found that massage is categorized more with beauty than health? I have been practicing massage for over 3 years and am registered to provide registered massage therapy that qualifies as a health benefit/treatment here in Canada. I do know that this is highly regulated here in Ontario and as far as educational hours and study it is only 2nd to BC Cananda. I love my job and would like to move somewhere where my skills as a RMT regulated by health professions is recognized or at leaste be somewhere where the community of massage therapists are fighting to be recognized as a health profession and not a "beauty therapist". Any ideas anyone of a great place to live as well as be able to work as a RMT with good pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Nádudvar, Hungary

55 months ago

Sziasztok ! Gyógymasszőr vagyok és szeretnék dolgozni tud valaki itt magyarul?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hello Rita,
én magyar vagyok és masszőr úgyszintén. Hol szeretnél dolgozni???

55 months ago

Szia Eszter, látom te Floridában vagy én a valóságban Hajdúszoboszlón és Euróbában szeretnék maradni. Madeira vagy Svédország jutott az eszembe. Te mióta vagy külföldön masszőr ?
e-mail cimem: kalvarine.rita@freemail.hu

54 months ago

I am looking for a massage therapist job in Madeira.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia in Vero Beach, Florida

54 months ago

Are there jobs for massage in Iceland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands

54 months ago

I am trying to find out about massage courses in english in Amsterdam. Anyone any ideas where I can go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tengeria in Amsterdam, Netherlands

54 months ago

check out doctorfeelgood.nl / they have some training...I do not know if it is for everyone or just for inside people, but they are all in english.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BarryK in Dublin, Ireland

53 months ago

FAO: Meg from NJ in Alessandria, Italy AND Judy in Reno, Nevada

Hi, I'm a physical therapist in Ireland, but am looking into moving to Northern Italy, and I wonder how I may set up over there? Any help is much appreciated. Barry, Ireland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Vancouver, Washington

53 months ago

Hi Lindsay~ Try East-West College of the Healing Arts in Portland, OR. They are actually one of the best massage schools around. I'm not sure about the Visa but I do know they've had several interanational students the past few years so they may be able to help. I actually work there very part-time, you can tell them I sent you.

Best wishes!
~Tiffany

Tracey in Vallejo, California

53 months ago

I agree with the recommendation of East West College in Portland, OR.

It is an excellent school, nationally accredited and they prepare you extremely well for US National exams and a great, solid base of knowledge to begin a career as an educated therapist.

julieann in London, United Kingdom

52 months ago

hi there iam a qualified level 2 vtct nvq beauthy therapist, i also have a nvq diploma in body massage and anatomy and physiology, i also have a vtct in reflexology and aromatherapy, and another nvq diploma in artificial nails, iam currently doing my level 3 nvq diploma in beauty therapy, i would like to know what i need to do to be able to work in newfoundland as a therapist and use all of my skills, and are my qualifications valid in newfoundland?
if someone could take the time to find these things out for me i would be ever so greatful, many thanks, julie x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

coops in Saint Albert, Alberta

51 months ago

I am thinking of moving to sweden and I am wonderin if my 2 year (2200H) Advanced Theraputic Massage Diploma from Canada will transfer straight accross? My wife is swedish, so the imagration stuff should be a breeze, but I am worried if I will need to re educate. Has anyone done this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rafy in Miami Beach, Florida

51 months ago

gvanna in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: Hi I am a fully qualified Senior Therapist. I have been in the industry for Ten years with both qualifications in Beauty and Massage Techniques, I spent Five of these years working as a Therapist onboard Royal Caribbean Cruise Liners. I am looking to relocate from England back to the U.S.A, and I am wondering if anybody has information of the best way I would go about getting a job in a Spa/Hotel over ther

Many Thanks

Joanna

how was working on cruise?

Ash in Yarramalong, Australia

50 months ago

Kim said: In OZ ther is no licensing- which equates to poor working conditions for massage therapists...currently there is a small effort to get regualted-haviang been in this business for over 20 years I can tell you if OZ takes as longas it has in the US to catch on- the you are looking at about 5 to ten to get regulations such that the sexual aspect starts to decrease. Also, it is harder to migrate and get a visa if you are a massage therapist going to OZ-you'd be better off if you were a chef- or a computer techee...if yo do get a spa job, make sure it isnt out i nthe middle of nowhere so you feel trapped with no where to go...also, living expense is high- pay is low-have a back up plan to earn a living there if you are going to plan on massage as your livlihood... g'day!

There may not be licencing laws as such, but to you have to be accredited and also a member of an association so that you can get insurance and private health fund provider status. Anyone can claim to be a massage therapist, but when asked to produce qualifications, many scratch their heads. Often, beauty schools offer a limited massage component to their training, but their are many remedial massage schools in Australia that offer top class instruction and qualifications. Australian soft tissue therapists are highly regarded around the world.

miska in Hallandale, Florida

50 months ago

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia said: Hello,

I've been doing massage for 3 years now - I'm from Australia... Is there anyone here that can tell me what I need to be able to practice massage Legally in another Country. For example, Canada, USA or the UK...

I just don't want to waste my time with more study, then travel and not be employable for it. I can legally live and work in the UK, so if it's better for my career, I can do more training there...

Some advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Cora

YOU HAVE -----TO HAVE------A STATE LISENCE------+ --YOU HAVE TO HAVE A NCBTMB----NATIONAL PASS CERTIFICAT ---TO WORK WITH IN THE US------YOU CAN NOT BYPESS THIS ---AND YOU CAN NOT ALTER THIS REQUIREMENTS ----BECAUSE THEY CHECK YOUR LISENCE----AND YOU CAN GO TO JAIL---PAY A HEAVY FINE------AND COULD NEVER GAIN EXESS TO THE US------THE US IS VERY STRICHT WITH MASSAGE LAWS----THIS IS NOT A HELP ME HOWARD THING-------EDUCATION AND THE PASSING SCORE SHOULD BE IN YOUR PURCE AT ALL TIME-------YOU HAVE TO OBEY THE LAW------THIS IS THE UNITED STATE---IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER PAPERS THAN FIND ON OTHER OCCUPATIONE------BESIDE THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS ---YOU HAVE TO BE A US CITIZEN ---TO HAVE A US LISENCE---NO JOKE----NO BOLSETTT------

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kaiyesha in Minneapolis, Minnesota

50 months ago

To Miska in Florida and anyone who wants to practice massage in the US,

Actually, the laws around massage in the US depend greatly. Some states have no regulation whatsoever. If you are a competent therapist who follows standard ethics, you can practice in some states without a license. The two I can think of off the top of my head are Minnesota and Colorado. You can check the www.fsmtb.org/ or www.ncbtmb.org/ websites to make sure. However, if you want liability insurance, you would have to go through an association which would expect you to have at least 500 hours of training. In short, if you want to open up your own practice, you can do that in a couple of states without licensure. If you want to get hired, though, you have to have training. It's up to you....

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: TO THOSE IN THE UK

I am hoping to move to the UK this summer (I have a UK passport) and practice massage there, though I cannot -- for the life of me -- find what the laws are. I have 900 hours of training in massage and bodywork, have professional insurance, and am licensed through MBLEx. What do I need to do to get a job doing massage in the UK? I currently work in a hospital (yes, Americans, it's a PAID job), and would love to do the same in the UK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

David Metz in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Thanks this was helpful,as I'm going to school for oreintal massasge mostly and I am looking to get a job As an MT in Australia. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know thank you.

massage junky in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I am a LMT in the USA and have done research into getting licensed oversees. I have found that many companies request a level 3 NQV. I will give you the websites that I have looked at to get some of my information. www.maa.org.au/ , www.qca.org.uk/ , Most of all I google what I am looking for and more often than not web page links will come up of exactly what you need. I hope this is helpful.

Greg in San Antonio, Texas

49 months ago

Ann Aura in Zürich, Switzerland said: Does anyone know what the requirements are for doing massage in Spain? I have US & Swiss citizenship, and 750 hours nationally licensed in the USA. would love to know how this works, also how to get spa work on a cruise ship?

Did you find out any information about work in Spain? I am a US citizen and would like to work as a Massage Therapist in Sitges, or Catalonia Spain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

49 months ago

Claudia in Vero Beach, Florida said: I am in the U.S. and I don't know what to do to find out what the qualifications are to work overseas.

Did you find out any info about working oversees in Spain? Any info would be great..thanks Greg

49 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: I am English living in Spain and about to sit ITEC Diploma Massage via a private course run in English. It doesnt address the interesting spanish tax laws here but does allow licensing and insurance in Spain and I have be told Internationally. There is no set length of time once you get the exam, you can set up and practice straight away. I will run my business from the UK, coming here to offer massage in hotels for the summer holidays via the holiday companies and the tutor's private gym

I am from the US and would like more info on working in Spain..Any information you have would be a great help..
Thank you

tninformation@gmail.com in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

I worked on cruiseship. The travel was great!

The pay is nothing. Only earn tips depend how much clients you have.
Most guests does not want come to spas.

Manager was running special all all all the times.

The guests do not want to be bother while they on vacation. Manager make you go look for clients. Such as walking around the ship "depends on manager", stand pass out flyers. Guests would say, we know where your spa is at.

Like I said before travel was great....

Good luck,
Thuy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Simpson in Málaga, Spain

48 months ago

hi,

hope you are enjoying (enjoyed) yout ITEC course. I am in a similar situation. I lve in spain and want to set myself up as a massage therapist. i took my ITEC years ago. I want to know where i can fnd a definitive list of spanish health and safety information. Were you give any information during your course?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

any info would be really helpful

thank
Michelle

claire in Almería, Spain said: Hiya

I am presently taking the ITEC massage course as an expat in spain.

I have been told this is not suitable for america and would have to study further to practice there.

In truth, your country's relationship with the UK allows you to come and work with hardly any criteria. Americans are welcome, especially in Ireland.

If you are serious about emigrating, you should do so. Your own professional body will advise you on insurance needs abroad, so contact them. If you are not with a professional body, make sure you link up now, its vital in this type of work, anywhere in the world.

I return to the UK in July and will be looking to offer massage to offices and companies on site. Keep in contact with me from July 2009 and may I wish you every success.

May I also suggest you take a long holiday in England before deciding for sure. There is a real reason I am schooling my children in Spain, as the country has changed for the worse in my opinion. It is recovering though and the Britishness is returning (what that is exactly is anyones, guess!)

Good Luck

lalalalalala in Edmonton, Alberta

48 months ago

Katie in Richmond, Virginia said: If anyone has a resource for international opportunities, do please share...I was thinking maybe there are advertisements in various massage magazines...Im in the US, so if anyone lives in the UK or elsewhere, I figured you could reference some magazines/resources/websites/legit or accredited schools?

THANK YOU!!

im a massage therapist in canada wanting to go to new zealand and study more plus live there does anyone know where a safe neighborhood is and how i should go about this?

Rainbird in Durban North, South Africa

47 months ago

Hi

I qualified as a sorts and holistic massage theraist in the UK. I have a level 3 diploma in sports massage. I have been working at my own salon for the last 3 years here in South Africa. While in the UK I belonged to FHT federation of Holistic therapists, this was all that was required of me to work in the UK as a therapist. All they wanted was to see where I had studied and suplied my cetificates. It was mainly about have liability insurence.

Hope this helps

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.