Internationally Massage Qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 246)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Halila in Loja, Spain

55 months ago

Hi

Not sure if this will be of much use, but try contacting massage schools of queensland in Australia they may be able to help with your query. Their web massageschools.com.au/

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karin in Alameda, California

55 months ago

Ann Aura in Zürich, Switzerland said: Does anyone know what the requirements are for doing massage in Spain? I have US & Swiss citizenship, and 750 hours nationally licensed in the USA. would love to know how this works, also how to get spa work on a cruise ship?

Hi Anne- I also have both US and Swiss citizenships and am interestd in finding out information about doing massage in Spain. Right now I am only licensed in California. Have you found out any information about this? I'd greatly appreciate it..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Barrie, Ontario

54 months ago

I am a massage therapist working in Ontario Canada. I am interested in moving abroad with my hubby and daughter and have found that massage is categorized more with beauty than health? I have been practicing massage for over 3 years and am registered to provide registered massage therapy that qualifies as a health benefit/treatment here in Canada. I do know that this is highly regulated here in Ontario and as far as educational hours and study it is only 2nd to BC Cananda. I love my job and would like to move somewhere where my skills as a RMT regulated by health professions is recognized or at leaste be somewhere where the community of massage therapists are fighting to be recognized as a health profession and not a "beauty therapist". Any ideas anyone of a great place to live as well as be able to work as a RMT with good pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Nádudvar, Hungary

54 months ago

Sziasztok ! Gyógymasszőr vagyok és szeretnék dolgozni tud valaki itt magyarul?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eszter in Pinellas Park, Florida

54 months ago

Hello Rita,
én magyar vagyok és masszőr úgyszintén. Hol szeretnél dolgozni???

54 months ago

Szia Eszter, látom te Floridában vagy én a valóságban Hajdúszoboszlón és Euróbában szeretnék maradni. Madeira vagy Svédország jutott az eszembe. Te mióta vagy külföldön masszőr ?
e-mail cimem: kalvarine.rita@freemail.hu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I am looking for a massage therapist job in Madeira.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Claudia in Vero Beach, Florida

54 months ago

Are there jobs for massage in Iceland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands

53 months ago

I am trying to find out about massage courses in english in Amsterdam. Anyone any ideas where I can go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tengeria in Amsterdam, Netherlands

53 months ago

check out doctorfeelgood.nl / they have some training...I do not know if it is for everyone or just for inside people, but they are all in english.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

BarryK in Dublin, Ireland

52 months ago

FAO: Meg from NJ in Alessandria, Italy AND Judy in Reno, Nevada

Hi, I'm a physical therapist in Ireland, but am looking into moving to Northern Italy, and I wonder how I may set up over there? Any help is much appreciated. Barry, Ireland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Vancouver, Washington

52 months ago

Hi Lindsay~ Try East-West College of the Healing Arts in Portland, OR. They are actually one of the best massage schools around. I'm not sure about the Visa but I do know they've had several interanational students the past few years so they may be able to help. I actually work there very part-time, you can tell them I sent you.

Best wishes!
~Tiffany

Tracey in Vallejo, California

52 months ago

I agree with the recommendation of East West College in Portland, OR.

It is an excellent school, nationally accredited and they prepare you extremely well for US National exams and a great, solid base of knowledge to begin a career as an educated therapist.

julieann in London, United Kingdom

51 months ago

hi there iam a qualified level 2 vtct nvq beauthy therapist, i also have a nvq diploma in body massage and anatomy and physiology, i also have a vtct in reflexology and aromatherapy, and another nvq diploma in artificial nails, iam currently doing my level 3 nvq diploma in beauty therapy, i would like to know what i need to do to be able to work in newfoundland as a therapist and use all of my skills, and are my qualifications valid in newfoundland?
if someone could take the time to find these things out for me i would be ever so greatful, many thanks, julie x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

coops in Saint Albert, Alberta

51 months ago

I am thinking of moving to sweden and I am wonderin if my 2 year (2200H) Advanced Theraputic Massage Diploma from Canada will transfer straight accross? My wife is swedish, so the imagration stuff should be a breeze, but I am worried if I will need to re educate. Has anyone done this?

rafy in Miami Beach, Florida

50 months ago

gvanna in Liverpool, United Kingdom said: Hi I am a fully qualified Senior Therapist. I have been in the industry for Ten years with both qualifications in Beauty and Massage Techniques, I spent Five of these years working as a Therapist onboard Royal Caribbean Cruise Liners. I am looking to relocate from England back to the U.S.A, and I am wondering if anybody has information of the best way I would go about getting a job in a Spa/Hotel over ther

Many Thanks

Joanna

how was working on cruise?

Ash in Yarramalong, Australia

50 months ago

Kim said: In OZ ther is no licensing- which equates to poor working conditions for massage therapists...currently there is a small effort to get regualted-haviang been in this business for over 20 years I can tell you if OZ takes as longas it has in the US to catch on- the you are looking at about 5 to ten to get regulations such that the sexual aspect starts to decrease. Also, it is harder to migrate and get a visa if you are a massage therapist going to OZ-you'd be better off if you were a chef- or a computer techee...if yo do get a spa job, make sure it isnt out i nthe middle of nowhere so you feel trapped with no where to go...also, living expense is high- pay is low-have a back up plan to earn a living there if you are going to plan on massage as your livlihood... g'day!

There may not be licencing laws as such, but to you have to be accredited and also a member of an association so that you can get insurance and private health fund provider status. Anyone can claim to be a massage therapist, but when asked to produce qualifications, many scratch their heads. Often, beauty schools offer a limited massage component to their training, but their are many remedial massage schools in Australia that offer top class instruction and qualifications. Australian soft tissue therapists are highly regarded around the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

miska in Hallandale, Florida

50 months ago

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia said: Hello,

I've been doing massage for 3 years now - I'm from Australia... Is there anyone here that can tell me what I need to be able to practice massage Legally in another Country. For example, Canada, USA or the UK...

I just don't want to waste my time with more study, then travel and not be employable for it. I can legally live and work in the UK, so if it's better for my career, I can do more training there...

Some advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Cora

YOU HAVE -----TO HAVE------A STATE LISENCE------+ --YOU HAVE TO HAVE A NCBTMB----NATIONAL PASS CERTIFICAT ---TO WORK WITH IN THE US------YOU CAN NOT BYPESS THIS ---AND YOU CAN NOT ALTER THIS REQUIREMENTS ----BECAUSE THEY CHECK YOUR LISENCE----AND YOU CAN GO TO JAIL---PAY A HEAVY FINE------AND COULD NEVER GAIN EXESS TO THE US------THE US IS VERY STRICHT WITH MASSAGE LAWS----THIS IS NOT A HELP ME HOWARD THING-------EDUCATION AND THE PASSING SCORE SHOULD BE IN YOUR PURCE AT ALL TIME-------YOU HAVE TO OBEY THE LAW------THIS IS THE UNITED STATE---IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROPER PAPERS THAN FIND ON OTHER OCCUPATIONE------BESIDE THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS ---YOU HAVE TO BE A US CITIZEN ---TO HAVE A US LISENCE---NO JOKE----NO BOLSETTT------

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kaiyesha in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

To Miska in Florida and anyone who wants to practice massage in the US,

Actually, the laws around massage in the US depend greatly. Some states have no regulation whatsoever. If you are a competent therapist who follows standard ethics, you can practice in some states without a license. The two I can think of off the top of my head are Minnesota and Colorado. You can check the www.fsmtb.org/ or www.ncbtmb.org/ websites to make sure. However, if you want liability insurance, you would have to go through an association which would expect you to have at least 500 hours of training. In short, if you want to open up your own practice, you can do that in a couple of states without licensure. If you want to get hired, though, you have to have training. It's up to you....

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: TO THOSE IN THE UK

I am hoping to move to the UK this summer (I have a UK passport) and practice massage there, though I cannot -- for the life of me -- find what the laws are. I have 900 hours of training in massage and bodywork, have professional insurance, and am licensed through MBLEx. What do I need to do to get a job doing massage in the UK? I currently work in a hospital (yes, Americans, it's a PAID job), and would love to do the same in the UK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

David Metz in San Diego, California

49 months ago

Thanks this was helpful,as I'm going to school for oreintal massasge mostly and I am looking to get a job As an MT in Australia. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know thank you.

massage junky in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I am a LMT in the USA and have done research into getting licensed oversees. I have found that many companies request a level 3 NQV. I will give you the websites that I have looked at to get some of my information. www.maa.org.au/ , www.qca.org.uk/ , Most of all I google what I am looking for and more often than not web page links will come up of exactly what you need. I hope this is helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in San Antonio, Texas

48 months ago

Ann Aura in Zürich, Switzerland said: Does anyone know what the requirements are for doing massage in Spain? I have US & Swiss citizenship, and 750 hours nationally licensed in the USA. would love to know how this works, also how to get spa work on a cruise ship?

Did you find out any information about work in Spain? I am a US citizen and would like to work as a Massage Therapist in Sitges, or Catalonia Spain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

48 months ago

Claudia in Vero Beach, Florida said: I am in the U.S. and I don't know what to do to find out what the qualifications are to work overseas.

Did you find out any info about working oversees in Spain? Any info would be great..thanks Greg

48 months ago

claire in Almería, Spain said: I am English living in Spain and about to sit ITEC Diploma Massage via a private course run in English. It doesnt address the interesting spanish tax laws here but does allow licensing and insurance in Spain and I have be told Internationally. There is no set length of time once you get the exam, you can set up and practice straight away. I will run my business from the UK, coming here to offer massage in hotels for the summer holidays via the holiday companies and the tutor's private gym

I am from the US and would like more info on working in Spain..Any information you have would be a great help..
Thank you

tninformation@gmail.com in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

I worked on cruiseship. The travel was great!

The pay is nothing. Only earn tips depend how much clients you have.
Most guests does not want come to spas.

Manager was running special all all all the times.

The guests do not want to be bother while they on vacation. Manager make you go look for clients. Such as walking around the ship "depends on manager", stand pass out flyers. Guests would say, we know where your spa is at.

Like I said before travel was great....

Good luck,
Thuy

Michelle Simpson in Málaga, Spain

48 months ago

hi,

hope you are enjoying (enjoyed) yout ITEC course. I am in a similar situation. I lve in spain and want to set myself up as a massage therapist. i took my ITEC years ago. I want to know where i can fnd a definitive list of spanish health and safety information. Were you give any information during your course?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

any info would be really helpful

thank
Michelle

claire in Almería, Spain said: Hiya

I am presently taking the ITEC massage course as an expat in spain.

I have been told this is not suitable for america and would have to study further to practice there.

In truth, your country's relationship with the UK allows you to come and work with hardly any criteria. Americans are welcome, especially in Ireland.

If you are serious about emigrating, you should do so. Your own professional body will advise you on insurance needs abroad, so contact them. If you are not with a professional body, make sure you link up now, its vital in this type of work, anywhere in the world.

I return to the UK in July and will be looking to offer massage to offices and companies on site. Keep in contact with me from July 2009 and may I wish you every success.

May I also suggest you take a long holiday in England before deciding for sure. There is a real reason I am schooling my children in Spain, as the country has changed for the worse in my opinion. It is recovering though and the Britishness is returning (what that is exactly is anyones, guess!)

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lalalalalala in Edmonton, Alberta

47 months ago

Katie in Richmond, Virginia said: If anyone has a resource for international opportunities, do please share...I was thinking maybe there are advertisements in various massage magazines...Im in the US, so if anyone lives in the UK or elsewhere, I figured you could reference some magazines/resources/websites/legit or accredited schools?

THANK YOU!!

im a massage therapist in canada wanting to go to new zealand and study more plus live there does anyone know where a safe neighborhood is and how i should go about this?

Rainbird in Durban North, South Africa

47 months ago

Hi

I qualified as a sorts and holistic massage theraist in the UK. I have a level 3 diploma in sports massage. I have been working at my own salon for the last 3 years here in South Africa. While in the UK I belonged to FHT federation of Holistic therapists, this was all that was required of me to work in the UK as a therapist. All they wanted was to see where I had studied and suplied my cetificates. It was mainly about have liability insurence.

Hope this helps

Deb in Birmingham, United Kingdom

46 months ago

I'm a qualified therapist with a BSc Complementary Therapies degree. I am really interested in relocating to New Zealand or Australia. Does anyone know of any further qualifications that I need to work in these countries or will my degree which I specialized in Aromatherapy cover it? I also have V.T.C.T quals in Reflexology, Massage & Indian Head Massage, & will be obtaining my Reiki 1&2 shortly

Thanks

Deb

JKB in Vancouver, British Columbia

46 months ago

johnnymorrison66 in London, United Kingdom said: Just a question, who gets the 3000 hours worth of free massages you need to qualify! and how would any student find the time to work to support themselves in the meantime?

Yes, the massage therapy program in BC is 3000 hours to be a 'registered' massage therapist. Few people do find part time work while attending school, however, it is not recommended, as the course is intense with a heavy workload. Some students do fail a course because of work, if this happens, the student is then required to retake the course before progressing onwards. Many students take out a 'maximum' student loan and rely on family (&/or) friends to assist them to get by (like myself).

mr. SBA in Legaspi, Philippines

45 months ago

i'm a practising massage therapist i earned my thai massage training at chetawan-watpo thai massage school in bangkok. i also learned basic treatment massage as part of training but i do most of the former. i want to be employed in the US or state that could give working visa or maybe a resident visa as part of employment oppurtunity/agreement. i'm also willing to undergo further training if required or take a licensure exams for massage therapist. i can also handle training (simultaneous) for a group of six or eight persons for thai massage plus some basic etiquettes for a practising massuese/massueres or the basic precautions that a massage therapists should advice his/her customer before rendering massage service to avoid injuries or contra-indications. i am a holder of valid US tourist multiple entry visa (10 years).

L.L. in Minneapolis, Minnesota

45 months ago

Would anyone know... With a US Shiatsu and Massage Therapy diploma (1320 hours of training) + National Certification, would I be able to work in the Netherlands? I am a citizen of EU country, currently live and study in USA. Most probably I will move back to Europe next year. Thank you!

darrkmouzy in Surrey, British Columbia

44 months ago

Hello,

Im still in school here in BC canada to get my RMT diploma its 3000 hours.
I was thinking about working in Europe mainly Italy, Spain, Greece.

What are some steps I can take to look into finding job postings and requirements?
What can i expect as far as salary or compensation? (personal testimonies if anyone if comfortable)

And well anything else you can tell me :)

Thank you!

darrkmouzy in Surrey, British Columbia

44 months ago

Hello,

Im still in school here in BC canada to get my RMT diploma its 3000 hours.
I was thinking about working in Europe mainly Italy, Spain, Greece.

What are some steps I can take to look into finding job postings and requirements?
What can i expect as far as salary or compensation? (personal testimonies if anyone if comfortable)

And well anything else you can tell me :)

Thank you!

Karin in Sunnyvale, California

44 months ago

Hi Ann, did you ever find out what you need in order to work in Spain? I also am a CMT with a Swiss and a US passport am would like to work in Spain..

Geena Davies in Qualicum Beach, British Columbia

43 months ago

Cora2 in Brisbane, Australia said: Hello,

I've been doing massage for 3 years now - I'm from Australia... Is there anyone here that can tell me what I need to be able to practice massage Legally in another Country. For example, Canada, USA or the UK...

I just don't want to waste my time with more study, then travel and not be employable for it. I can legally live and work in the UK, so if it's better for my career, I can do more training there...

Some advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Cora

Hi Cora, to work in Canada, each province has specific standards and exams you will need to do. In BC, where I live, you must have gone through a 3000 hour training course, and complete a grueling set of exams. BC has one of the highest standards in the world, so if you don't want to go back to school, you could work doing relaxation massage or deep tissue at a spa, or maybe choose a province with less education required. Good luck.
Sincerely, Geena

David in San Diego, California

43 months ago

Many of the states in the U.S. have different requirements. I believe you will have to have studied at an authorized institution to take the test, I'm taking my test next semester so I'm not positive on that part. What are the requirements for Australia, I'm trying to move there after I graduate to find a job as an MT and
Yoga Teacher. Is the test expensive/ really difficult. To bad there is not an international test we could all take, it would make it so much easier.

Victoria Rittenhouse in Essex, Ontario

43 months ago

I would like to work in Hawaii. I am currently a Registered Massage Therapist in Ontario, Canada. Any help would be great. I have found the state of hawaii web page, but i'm unclear of the the hoops/hurdles i'll need since I am not an American Citizen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sadik in Gainesville, Florida

42 months ago

Claudia Gutierrez in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I would like to know what the qualifications are to do massage therapy in Turkey

Did you ever find out the answer to your questio? I am wondering the same thing!

sportiveTeri

42 months ago

damien in Paris, France said: do you know how it works in France. Is the profession regulated? how do you become a massage therapist in France? can you work there with a UK degree or an Australian degree?
any intel would be grat
thanks

Hi Damien I have lived in France for four years I massaged in UK and I am finding it hard to find out how I validate my diplomas here - all my fitness qualifications werent recognised even though they were international ones they are really funny about it here - if I find anything out I will let you know.
Teri Central Brittany

SevennMa in Vancouver, British Columbia

42 months ago

Would I need a work visa to practice massage therapy in US?

dre in Tucson, Arizona

42 months ago

Coming from Canada, you shouldn't have a problem providing the amount of schooling needed for Hawaii. Hawaii requires 570 hours education (50 hours anatomy, physiology, kinesiology; 100 hours theory and demonstration) or 150 hours plus 420 hours of practical massage therapy training or 6- month apprenticeship. Hawaii has their own licensing exam and you must take it in Hawaii or in one of a few states where they have testing centers. It is a paper test not online. The National Certification Examination is not accepted. A copy of the Laws & Rules may be obtained by sending $1.25 to Cashier, DCCA, PO Box 541, Honolulu, HI 96809. The application fee is $50. The examination fee is $80. The license fee is $60. Renewal fee is $25 every two years. Note: The department must receive completed applications on or before the State Board deadline. Faxes are not accepted. You can find information for Hawaii:

Address:
DCCA-PVL
Att: Massage
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/boards/massage/

Email:
massage@dcca.hawaii.gov

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

HAMZA LAFI in Susah, Tunisia

41 months ago

HI
IM HAMZA FROM TUNISIA AND I HAVE MASSAGE DEPLOMA AND IM LOOKIN FOR JOB IN UTAH IN US COS WILL GOING TO LIVE THERE AND THX

HAMZA

shanice in Kingston, Jamaica

41 months ago

I dont know a thing about nassage but i would want to learn i just want a job i am a graduate with 5 subjects can play netball and other sports aswell.

huilios@hotmail.com in Amsterdam, Netherlands

41 months ago

moppie. in Amsterdam, Netherlands said: Hi,
I,m studying massage in the netherlands{amsterdam}.The teacher can only give me a certificate of attendance and not a diploma.I understand that you do not need a licence to practice in holland but I would much prefer to recieve a qualification for my training.My only problem is the language,my dutch isnt up to scratch and I was just wondering if anyone knows where i can study in the netherlands in english and get a qualification for it.
Thanks,
Eileen

Hi Eileen,

I just come across your requist and I am in the same boat, wanting to retreive a licence but find the language barrier a challenge. Have found out any information or when such course are being taught in English?

Regards,

Stefan

Margaret in Maple Ridge, British Columbia

40 months ago

Hi, i'm an RMT in British Columbia, Canada...graduated from 3000 hr. program and working for 5 years. Anyone know about Australia? I might be moving to Melbourne and not sure who to contact and what regulations are. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pitb in Gilbert, Arizona

39 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

Did you ever find out the information that you needed to move to Sweden? I am also looking to move there and am in the process of learning Swedish. I would just hate to go to massage school here in the USA just to find out that I can't work in Sweden. Any advice? Thank you for your time.

pitb in Gilbert, Arizona

39 months ago

Did you ever find out the information that you needed to move to Sweden? I am also looking to move there and am in the process of learning Swedish. I would just hate to go to massage school here in the USA just to find out that I can't work in Sweden. Any advice? Thank you for your time.

Viktor in Norrköping, Sweden

39 months ago

Rachel in Portland, Oregon said: I am looking into moving to Sweden for a few years and can't find out what I need to do become licensed as a massage therapist there. I am already licensed in Washington & Oregon. Does anyone know of a website for Sweden?

Thanks for your help!

www.svenskmassage.se/information-till-dig-som-ar-massor.html

You contact them and do the final tests that we that study in sweden do aswell, and with that I think you should become licensed. Atleast you can contact them and ask :)

Viktor in Norrköping, Sweden

39 months ago

pitb in Gilbert, Arizona said: Did you ever find out the information that you needed to move to Sweden? I am also looking to move there and am in the process of learning Swedish. I would just hate to go to massage school here in the USA just to find out that I can't work in Sweden. Any advice? Thank you for your time.

www.svenskmassage.se/

There you go :)

Does anyone know what I need as a swedish massage therapist to be able to work in Australia? Any help would be immensly appreciated! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Una in Saint John's, Newfoundland

39 months ago

I am a Canadian trained Registered Massage Therapist and I will be moving to England in a few months. What association do I need to contact in the UK in order to get my credentials approved? Also, can a massage therapist from the UK let me know how liability insurance works in the UK--do you go through an association or do you purchase it individually? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.