Massage Therapy Online Education

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 214)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

waynona in North Las Vegas, Nevada

97 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I would need your email address to send the Asian study guide. Do you have the Trail Guide to the Body book?

yes i do have the trail guide to the body book, it is very helpful. my email address is celeb2b12@yahoo.com thank you sooo much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

El in Jacksonville, Florida

97 months ago

Please send me the Asian Study guide too my email:: malinani@yahoo.com

Thanks

Robin, from Ohio

97 months ago

I had a quick question for those of you that have taken Ohio State Boards. Approximately how long before boards did you receive your information packet from them?

Wendy

97 months ago

You can download the forms from the web site. They must be submitted by August 22 for the Dec boards. They are a pain to complete so start ASAP!

Robin, from Ohio said: I had a quick question for those of you that have taken Ohio State Boards. Approximately how long before boards did you receive your information packet from them?

Robin, from Ohio

97 months ago

Wendy said: You can download the forms from the web site. They must be submitted by August 22 for the Dec boards. They are a pain to complete so start ASAP!

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I am sitting June boards. I know that they are supposed to send some sort of packet prior to boards. It apparently contains information, and some documents we have to take with us. I was wondering when we receive these packets. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Stacy in Richmond, Virginia

96 months ago

Several people stated that they had study guides that they used and would be willing to share...can someone please send me or email me the information...

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck!

jennifer

96 months ago

Hi everyone,
I'm having a really hard time passing my state board test. I failed it the first time and honestly got discouraged. Massage therapy is my passion and the only thing stopping me is passing the state boards. If anyone can email me info or reviews they have used I would greatly appriciate it or anything that could help me pass. Any advice. Thank u. My email is sweetjade7@yahoo.com

Vicki in Mentor, Ohio

96 months ago

I thought Ohio was one of the states that didn't follow the National Exam(NCTMB)? Don't they have their own state exam?

Lisa W in Madison, Mississippi

96 months ago

HI Tracy!
Please forward the study guide offered to me at MsEarp9@comcast.net

thanks!

Lisa

Lisa W in Madison, Mississippi

96 months ago

oooppp sorry Tammy !

Robin, from Ohio

96 months ago

Vicki in Mentor, Ohio said: I thought Ohio was one of the states that didn't follow the National Exam(NCTMB)? Don't they have their own state exam?

You are correct. Ohio does not follow the National Exam. The massage profession in Ohio is supervised, regulated, etc., by the State of Ohio Medical Board. They have their own test, which they give twice a year, and when you pass, you actually receive a limited branch medical license. However, several people take the national exam too, because the Ohio license is only good in Ohio, and if they move, the national exam gives them more options. I know I plan to take it (I sit state boards June 17) because I live about 20 minutes from Kentucky, and the National exam is accepted there. I also plan to get certified in Indiana when there program is up and running, because I only live 20 minutes from the Indiana too.

Wendy

96 months ago

Robin, from Ohio said: I appreciate any help you will be able to give me. I am planning on taking nationals too, but right now I am just focused on state boards, we start intensive review in 2 weeks. Thank you for the information on Indiana too. I live in a part of Cincinnati where I am only 20 minutes, tops, from both Kentucky and Indiana, so I would like to be licensed in all 3 just so I have options.

I've obsessed on how to insure that those of you who have given so much to study massage only to now give more to those you will help, have the tools to move forward with your dreams.
Ohio is tough but I was out of school for 23 years with only 6 weeks to prepare. By grace I found 2 tutors, Debbie Bommcamp and Lynn Rosenblum, that with Tortora and the Kellogg Study guide, Lynn wrote, I passed in the 90's on both parts. If you're in this area and are reviewing A&P with Debbie - that's as good as it gets!
One would think that human anatomy is what it is however the Ohio State Board questions are verbatim out of Tortora. It seems reasonable to utilize the mose accurate reference available. Lynn is clear and on target for the Kellogg part without which it's doubtful I'd have passed that part.
I own most of the books mentioned on this forum(plus everything else I haven't given away or lost in 30 years)and all have worthwhile information. I've just ordered "Tortora in a nutshell" which includes a Kellogg review - $10.00. I should have Tortora 12th edition and workbook any day. As soon as my staff and I review them, I'll post the results.

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri

96 months ago

Wendy,
Do you think the Schwartz review is too much info (or not enough info) for the NCTMB tests?

violet in Chicago, Illinois

96 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I passed the National Exam on March 22. Everyone has their own way of studying. I reviewed from two study guides, Mosbys massage review, and review for massage therapy by Duke Cassel. The charts of the meridians were most beneficial and the pathologic symptoms of each meridian. I would say there were at least 35 questions on Asian medicine alone. Make sure you brush up on muscles orgin insertion and function especially forearm, scapula, rhomboids, etc. I have made a personal study guide from both review books if anyone is interested pls let me know and I will send it to you. Good luck!

hi iam preparing for the ncbtmb test in a month, would you be soo kind and send me your notes. thanks

jennifer

96 months ago

Hi I would love if notes could be shared with me. I'm takin my test soon for the second time and plan on passing..if any notes can be sent to me I would appriciate it. Sweetjade7@yahoo.com thanks!

amanda in Vandalia, Ohio

96 months ago

Stacy in Richmond, Virginia said: Several people stated that they had study guides that they used and would be willing to share...can someone please send me or email me the information...

could you send me the study guides please, I would greatly appreciate it. c7l7o7n7e@aol.com

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio

96 months ago

post your email and I will send you my Asian study guide.

Lisa in Madison, Mississippi

96 months ago

email is : msearp9@comcast.net

Thanks

Grace in Chicago, Illinois

96 months ago

Hello all!

To anyone who has a study guide and is willing to share, please pass it on to me at: greysea6@yahoo.com

I really appreaciate it!

Thanks...

Kristy

96 months ago

Hi Martha Chiriboga! I sent you a request on myspace. For anyone else my myspace is Kristy1010 also my email address is hotpoux@aol.com! Anyways, I went to two different schools and completed both of their programs. I went to Career Training Solutions and recieved a certificate, then I went to Heritage Institute and completed the Associates degree program...very very very wonderful teachers there! I have nothing but good things to say about them! They have campuses all over the United States...=)

JENNIFER YOUNG in Saint Marys, Ohio

96 months ago

CONGRATS ON PASSING THE TEST! I AM TAKING THE COURSE THRU DSMM AND WILL BE FINISHED NEXT MAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY STUDY POINTERS I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THEM.
JEN LIMA, OHIO

tammy in North Las Vegas, Nevada

96 months ago

waynona in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: congradulations on passing the test, i am scheduled to take the test o may 16, 2008 and i am very nervous if you could please send me the study guide for tips on taking the test I would appreciate it very much, i have been studying for 2 months, but still nervous ..thank you in advance....

i share your pain. i took the nat'l exam last week and failed. I had studied for 2 months and also hold license in the state of Tennessee. I was grandfathered in so i didn't have to take the national then, that was 5 years ago. Boy i wish i had taken it back then!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even work in this state till i pass!!! my email is tharris1969@hotmail.com please respond maybe we can study together.

96 months ago

any study guide material for the NCBTM test would be wonderful. In TN we didn't study much on the meridans or asian medicine 5 yrs. ago. My email is tharris1969@hotmail.com

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri

96 months ago

Tammy,
You self-admittedly told us that you failed the NCBTM exam after having studied for two months. How can we trust your recommendation that "any study guide material for the NCBTM test would be wonderful"....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Robin, from Ohio

96 months ago

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri said: Tammy,
You self-admittedly told us that you failed the NCBTM exam after having studied for two months. How can we trust your recommendation that "any study guide material for the NCBTM test would be wonderful"....

I think it was more of a request for study guide material, rather than a recommendation, but I could be mistaken. Also, anyone that has taken the Ohio boards, any last minute tips would be great. I take them next week, and I am REALLY nervous. Thanks for the help.

96 months ago

I was asking for any help to study by for the ncbtm test(study guides,notes etc.)

96 months ago

could you please send study notes to tharris1969@hotmail.com thank you!!!

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio

96 months ago

After failing the test the first time, I knew exactly what to study for. The test is for NCBTMB, not sure if the NCBTM test has Asian questions on it. On your test results, they give you what areas you scored weakest in to study harder the next time.

missy in Pinckney, Michigan

96 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: post your email and I will send you my Asian study guide.

Will you please send my your notes I'm taking the test june 21rst
thank you
katchfam4@gmail.com

Robin, from Ohio

96 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: After failing the test the first time, I knew exactly what to study for. The test is for NCBTMB, not sure if the NCBTM test has Asian questions on it. On your test results, they give you what areas you scored weakest in to study harder the next time.

From what I understand, the NCBTM does NOT have the Asian questions.

Tammy in North Las Vegas, Nevada

96 months ago

robin, yes i took the ncbtm test 2wks. ago and didn't pass. I don't think there were asian questions on the exam, but if you have any other material to study by please let me know...I have been going over my weakest areas hopefully next time i will PASS!

96 months ago

Tammy in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I would need your email address to send the Asian study guide. Do you have the Trail Guide to the Body book?

Hi Tammy! This is Tammy from Las Vegas. Can I please get your personal study guides from both review books. I failed my exam 2 wks. ago and will take again next month. Thank You in advance. my email tharris1969@hotmail.com

missy in Pinckney, Michigan

96 months ago

Hi, has anyone taken the NCBTMB? was it a hard test? and what was on it?

thank you
Melissa

katchfam4@gmail.com

96 months ago

missy in Pinckney, Michigan said: Hi, has anyone taken the NCBTMB? was it a hard test? and what was on it?

thank you
Melissa

katchfam4@gmail.com

Study, Study, Study it seems that alot of people fail the 1st time. Good Luck.

julia in Snellville, Georgia

95 months ago

hi everyone,
i feel a little silly because all of you have already studied what i hope i will be studying next year. :)) so anyway, i will go to a massage therapy school next year but i would like to know where to start NOW with regards to reading. ANY advice would be apreciated. I have a lot of time on my hands right now and i would like to use it by starting to read ahead ANY books you consider might be useful for me.
thank you

Missy in Pinckney, Michigan

95 months ago

It depends on what National exam you take when your finished with school, but I recommend these 2 books

1.Review for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Certification (LWW Massage Therapy and Bodywork Authors are Joseph Ashton and co Author Duke Cassel

2.Plain & Simple Guide to Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork Certification (Lww Massage Therapy & Bodywork Author Laura Allen

these books are GREAT for passing the NCBTMB National exam

Good luck Massage therapy is great work just remember to study study study it sounds like an easy course but it's pretty detailed and there is allot to remember.

95 months ago

Thanks, Missy. I have been doing Massage Therapy for 5 yrs. but have come to this stopping point because of Nevada requiring the National Exam. Thanks for the info.

Missy in Pinckney, Michigan

95 months ago

So you most likely have to take the NCBTMB National exam and the 2 books I told you will get you well prepared for the exam. it seems most people dont pass at the first attempt but dont let that discourage you just keep studying. you can find them both on amazon for pretty cheap just buy used books thats what I did and make sure you google some info on TCM and meridian charts they have some questions on the exam on those subjects that I didnt learn in school I'm not sure if you did or not but make sure to either learn them or refresh your memory. Good luck I'm sure you will do just fine. if you dont pass the first time dont give up just study more and take it again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zikamassage in Belgrade, Serbia

95 months ago

We don't need any exam for massage in Serbia.So you can easily become therapist in serbia just by reading some good massage sites such as en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massage or even massagemind.com

Robin, from Ohio

95 months ago

julia in Snellville, Georgia said: hi everyone,
i feel a little silly because all of you have already studied what i hope i will be studying next year. :)) so anyway, i will go to a massage therapy school next year but i would like to know where to start NOW with regards to reading. ANY advice would be apreciated. I have a lot of time on my hands right now and i would like to use it by starting to read ahead ANY books you consider might be useful for me.
thank you

From what I understand, you are not yet in Massage school, but are starting next year. If you are looking for hints on what to start going over before your first class, I would say that the books others have listed are a good overall review to start. I don't know about Georgia and how they teach, but I would recommend starting to study and read about A&P (anatomy and physiology). Hope this helps.

julia in Snellville, Georgia

95 months ago

yes, it does help.
thank you everyone for your replies.
julia

Robin, from Ohio

95 months ago

Tammy, I just took the Ohio Boards last week, and now I am looking forward and starting to think about Nationals. I am not applying until I find out what I got on boards, but I am starting to get information together. I would appreciate it if you could send me you study guide. Thank you. r0ckinbird@aol.com (0 = the number not the letter)

Vicki in Mentor, Ohio

95 months ago

Robin, I'm on the flip-side of your situation. I took my nationals last year and am now trying to get my Ohio license. I moved up here about 6 months ago. It seems to be a long, drawn-out process though. When I took the nat'l, you had the choice of taking two different versions. One includes complimentary bodyworks(eastern/asian),the other one didn't. It just limits your practices if you take that one. What do you suggest when it comes to the Ohio state exam? Mosby's was a good one for the Nat'ls.

Robin, from Ohio

95 months ago

Vicki in Mentor, Ohio said: Robin, I'm on the flip-side of your situation. I took my nationals last year and am now trying to get my Ohio license. I moved up here about 6 months ago. It seems to be a long, drawn-out process though. When I took the nat'l, you had the choice of taking two different versions. One includes complimentary bodyworks(eastern/asian),the other one didn't. It just limits your practices if you take that one. What do you suggest when it comes to the Ohio state exam? Mosby's was a good one for the Nat'ls.

Obviously A&P is big for Ohio boards. A&P was NOT limited to the Basic Science portion, there were several A&P questions on the Limited Branch (MT) portion as well. I was very fortunate that the school I went to has one of the highest pass rates in the state, has been around 25 years, and has great review tests. I reviewed just those (for A&P), and everything on the test felt at least familiar, but a lot were almost directly from the review tests. My suggestion would be to find either review tests, or I know some schools have review books. I would include a copy of some of the things I sent to my instructor, but I sent it about an hour after I got back from Columbus, and it is quite obvious when reading it. LOL

For the massage part, most were PEs, TAs, CIs, and then the procedures themselves. There were about 3-4 questions from Beck, which we did not study and were not told to study, it wasn't on the board website either. If you look on the Medical Board website they give a breakdown of the tests and what questions come from.

Know all the different terms used to describe the same thing. For example, fulling= superficial kneading= skin rolling= pinching. Another one I remember is that what we called nerve compression in class was called ischemic compression on the test.

In general, know your arm and leg muscles, and also pay attention to the rotator cuff muscles. Hope this helps

Tina404 in Atlanta, Georgia

95 months ago

I need help choosing study material that will help me and everyone else on this board to pass the national exam the first time. Also, please send study guides that were mentioned earlier to goheavenh20@aol.com. With the economy the way it is no one has the money right now to keep experimenting with 500 different study aids out there just to find out that it was no help for the National Exam.

In your opinion what are the best:

1. Audio review cd's
2. Review guides
3. Online courses
4. Flash Cards
5. Cd-ROMs
6. Review courses

So far we have on this board: Plain and Simple Guide... By Laura Allen
Massage and bodyworks cert. By Jason Aston & Dave C.

Any other information and tools will be very helpful to all of us out here trying to pass this test.

Lastly has anyone used www.Massagenerd.com and found that it was helpful. It is a totally free site that I have started to study from within the passed week.

Tina

95 months ago

Hello Everyone! In your opinion--which exam is easier or harder? The NCBTM or The NCBTMB? I was trained in western medicine but have been told by Pearson testing they see more people failing the NCBTM test over the NCBTMB.? GO FIGURE!!

Brittany in Clermont, Florida

95 months ago

Im taking my nationals in August. In florida we are stressed to study the chinese medicine. Im having a very hard time understand and studying this. If anyone has any charts or easy way to study this material please e-mail me at Britt8443@aol.com. Thanks and your help will be greatly appreciated.

Angela in Greenville, South Carolina

95 months ago

Heather in Mount Vernon, Ohio said: I'm so very confused about nationals, so even if i take the test if i move to say..florida, would i have to take the state test there?

I just moved from Fl and if you have a National License then you do not have to take the state test as FL state test is the National test.

Robin in Ohio

95 months ago

I just had to celebrate! I passed the Ohio boards for massage! WooHOo! LOL Actually, out of my school and the 2 sister programs my school has, there were 52 people to sit boards, and only 1 person, from one of the sister programs, failed. Now I have to start looking at National.

95 months ago

Congradulations Robin!!! Wish me luck on the National exam next week.(2nd time)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.