NCBTMB VS MBLEx

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 140 of 140)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Lorna in Portland, Oregon

62 months ago

Even if you hear that something is not on the Exam that someone else has taken... Just a heads up, there is more then one standard test. The one you take may not be the one your classmate takes.

Also not studying something that you need to know as a Massage Therapist is kind of defeating the whole purpose of a true basic knowledge base to effectively practice in the profession.

The MBLEx content is listed on page 12 of the handbook:
www.fsmtb.org/downloads/candidateHandbook.pdf

The NCETM/NCETMB content is listed starting on page 20 of the handbook:
www.ncbtmb.org/pdf/CandidateHandbook.pdf

Our information pages also give you some helpful information:
MBLEx:
www.massage-exam.com/fsmtb-mblex.php

NCETM/TMB:
www.massage-exam.com/ncetmb.php

Good Luck All!!!

Lorna
Massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

db Silver spring in Silver Spring, Maryland

59 months ago

Took the NCTMB on the 7th ( one day after my "not" celebrated birthday lol), and missed it by 4 points. I graduated from school 3 years ago, studied on my own, and feel I did fantastic for such a long time. Anyone who has taken the NCTMB for the state of Maryland, my question would be whether or not there are any suggestions or tips? I have pretty much everything I need, and the night after taking the test, I ordered Daphna R Moores' book, I have the Salvo book, Anatomy and Physiology Pearson, Skeletal Muscles atlas, Trail guide to the body, pretty much everything now lol, my weaknesses reflected "Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology, and Body Work Assessment....just looking for "extra" things. And I'm not discouraged, if anything, it has lit a fire under my "Gluts" lol. Now, if it is not a "free website", I am unable to afford the other websites....since you have to pay again, even if you miss it by only 4....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Massage lover in Cincinnati, Ohio

59 months ago

One test over the other doesn't determine skills. There is a guy in my class that could pass the hardest massage test in the world but has zero skills!! When he gets to a job interview and does the practical part and sucks do you think his knowledge will make up for his lack of skill?!?! Nope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

djbsilverspring in Wayne, New Jersey

59 months ago

Massage lover in Cincinnati, Ohio said: One test over the other doesn't determine skills. There is a guy in my class that could pass the hardest massage test in the world but has zero skills!! When he gets to a job interview and does the practical part and sucks do you think his knowledge will make up for his lack of skill?!?! Nope.

I dont believe that was the point..made.

Jen in Waterbury, Connecticut

59 months ago

I took the NCBTMB tonight and i DID NOT PASS...the ONLY study guide i bought was the one by Daphna Moore at www.massagenationexam.com This book says on the book you Will pass the exam and i DID NOT so ...If you future Massage Therapists want to pass You need to get a better study guide then that one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

marymmcclain in Portland, Oregon

59 months ago

Can anyone tell me, Are the any Real Actual benifits to belonging to the NCBTMB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

The NCBTMB Certification Page:
www.ncbtmb.org/certificants_why_certify.php

Re-certification information:
www.ncbtmb.org/certificants_recertification.php

Oregon State Page Info:
www.massage-exam.com/oregon-massage.php

OR Massage Board Licensing Info Page:
www.oregon.gov/OBMT/licensing.shtml

I do not see that the Certification is required by the state to hold a valid license to practice. You are required to have Continuing Education Units/credits or CEU/CEC with the state board:
"""Q: How many Continuing Education (CE) hours am I required to submit with my renewal?
A: All Active LMTs are required to provide proof of 25 CE hours. With the exception of contact hours carried over from the prior license period, all CE must be obtained in the two years prior to your renewal due date. A minimum of 12 CE hours must be “contact” and a maximum of 13 CE hours can be “non-contact.”"""
www.oregon.gov/OBMT/FAQ.shtml

So really it is up to you if you want to have another certification on your wall and pay the renewal fees and submit the CEU information. You also can put the NCBTMB behind your name on advertisements and business cards. However the OR State Board is a ordeal in and of its self to get credentialed through the state. So having a valid license is proof enough for your clients that you have the education necessary to provide massage therapy.

You get to choose:)
Good Luck!

Lorna
Massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Oregon State Page Info:
www.massage-exam.com/oregon-massage.php

OR Massage Board Licensing Info Page:
www.oregon.gov/OBMT/licensing.shtml

I do not see that the Certification is required by the state to hold a valid license to practice. You are required to have Continuing Education Units/credits or CEU/CEC with the state board:
"""Q: How many Continuing Education (CE) hours am I required to submit with my renewal?
A: All Active LMTs are required to provide proof of 25 CE hours. With the exception of contact hours carried over from the prior license period, all CE must be obtained in the two years prior to your renewal due date. A minimum of 12 CE hours must be “contact” and a maximum of 13 CE hours can be “non-contact.”"""
www.oregon.gov/OBMT/FAQ.shtml

So really it is up to you if you want to have another certification on your wall and pay the renewal fees and submit the CEU information. You also can put the NCBTMB behind your name on advertisements and business cards. However the OR State Board is a ordeal in and of its self to get credentialed through the state. So having a valid license is proof enough for your clients that you have the education necessary to provide massage therapy.

You get to choose:)
Good Luck!

Lorna
Massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

heatherluminous in millinocket, Maine

59 months ago

this forum has been of extraordinary benefit! thank you all for caring sharing your time, info, suggestions & experiences. i am now looking into nat'l cert and have found your forum most insightful and stress-relieving in this regard. i guess i've managed to fall thru the cracks in this regard over the years & have felt a bit overwhelmed & intimidated lately by the thought of testing after all these years. now i am feeling relaxed & ready to go, thanks to all of your suggestions.

i graduated from an amta approved school 20 years ago & now find myself facing unemployment due to frivolous (to my mind) changes in state laws and the unwillingness to renew my outdated license. obviously i'm not a fraud or a prostitute and my frustration is being unable to serve the locals in an area where there is no therapist & many people wanting massage. it is also frustrating & maddening for them (this is a small town in a rural area) that i am here & unavailable (& unwilling to fly beneath the radar). i've been hearing of more & more out-of-work therapists due to these fixed-world reality demands. after all, the piece of paper is unimportant --- what matters is what one brings to the table.

i realize this is not a "gripe forum" but thanks for letting me get this off my chest. i
intend to speak to my state rep about this ridiculous situation which is serving no one except the money brokers & paper pushers; how is this best serving the general public?

happy holidays everyone and many many blessings!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

I just learned about the MBLEX today after I spoke with a potential employee that she had not even taken it yet, but when she passed it she wanted to know if I would hire her. To be honest with you I am going to hire the other candidate that passed the NCBTMB and who has more hands on experience.

I personally am not impressed with either exam they should have more kinesiology and physiotherapy directed questions in their exams since that is what we massage therapists rely on the most when we are practicing. I passed the NCBTMB the first time I took it with high scores in each category.

The best way to pass one of these exams is to get a study guide that covers one of these two exams that other therapists have used to study for the exam and passed with the first time. And when studying for these exams I would for the time being forget about your text books and memorize everything out of the review book.

I see why you would want to hire someone who passed a harder exam, but it seems the consensus is that NCBTMB is harder because they are TRICK questions. I myself had great teachers for TCM so I feel I would safe on that (even though I haven't been in school for a while it still sticks, that's what happens with good teachers) and might do well on NCBTMB. But I don't think that one should be considered a better therapist just because you contin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

shouldn't be considered a better therapist just because you saw past their trick questions. If you know the application, ethics and anatomy regarding massage you should be able to pass an exam to get nationally certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

irishrose in Clover, South Carolina

58 months ago

Yes...anyone can take the MBLEx, actually. It is the license process that requires the education. Depending on the state where you choose to obtain your license, the requirements can be very different. The advantage of the MBLEx is that the questions were all written by massage therapists for massage therapists. Unlike the National Cert, which was primarily written by "test writers" in the general medical field. It's not that the MBLEx necessarily easier, but that it is directed to MTs. You do only have to take it once. It is good in any of the 39 (so far) of the 50 states that accept it. You do not re-take if you move. There are states, however, that require education specific to them, their own states' laws and regs and several require an additional course in HIV/AIDS that you may need to supplement your education with and show proof of completion before licensure. New York has several hoops to jump through and Hawaii not only requires additional coursework, but that you initially can only become an apprentice for a time and then a licensed therapist. There are even a few states that are not state-regulated, but by county. So you would need to be sure of which county in which you would be practicing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

irishrose in Clover, South Carolina

58 months ago

slawka in Fort Myers, Florida said: [I am going in circles re my dilemma: I graduated massage school in Ill in 2005 with 600 hrs. Now I live in Fl I found the guidlines of what i need & have those hours I have emailed the board of Fl they are telling me i need to call Mblex, & you guessed it Mblex tells me i need to contact the board. Does anyone know if I can get my license without going back to school. Can I just take my MBLEX without additional classes here to get my Fl license?
thanks

Yes. You can go to the FSMTB.org site and pay for and schedule your MBLEx. You will need to take TWO forms of PHOTO ID with you that match your name and address with the information you completed on the application online. You do not need to have your transcript or anything else to take the MBLEx. To get licensed in FL, you will need additional coursework though. They require a FL Laws and Regs class (I believe you can take online) and also an HIV/AIDS class. You will need to have proof of this coursework sent to them directly as well as contacting the massage school from which you graduated and requesting an official transcript to be sent directly to the FL Board. And...of course, completing the FL license application, which is online. :)

myboys in Peoria, Illinois

57 months ago

April in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I live in Minnesota and there is currently no requirements for a massage therapist. However, my boss would like to be certified or licensed. I took the NCBTMB 3 times, and failed each time, by only 14 points!! It was very hard, I was on the dean's list almost ever quarter in college so I didn't take that very well. Now, they want me to go back to school for 100 hours before I can retest for the forth time and pay another $225. So...instead of doing that I think I would like to try the MBLEx exam. Does anyone know of a good website for practice testing?

I don't know how long ago this has been but i'm reading it for the first time and I feel you that was me also three times with the ncetmb and missed it by one point on the last went back for additional hours and i want to know can i take the mblex/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LMTin nyc in Howard Beach, New York

57 months ago

I am a little confused with the NCBTMB in that, for example, it says that all the states that it covers you can practice in, however, California says that even with the NCBTMB one still has to take a certification to actually practice massage in the state of California? Is this true? What is the point of getting Nationally certified, other than the title, if you can't actually practice in the states that "recognize" the NCBTMB. I use the word recognize because that is what it states on the NCBTMB website.

When I called MBlex I was told that if the state is grayed in it means you can actually practice in that state, however, MBlex doesn't offer any title if one passes the test.

All I have to say is this is all very confusing and some of it makes no sense whatsoever.

Elizabeth in Belleville, Illinois

57 months ago

April in Tampa, Florida said: Don't feel to bad... I failed it 3 times by 6 pts. I written to NCBTMB and called them wondering what or which questions i missed from keeping me from passing. Now I am taking the MBLEX test soon. This is really frustrating, When I really feel that NCBTMB should give some explanation. I personnally think they make you fail on purpose so you shell more $$. Good Luck with MBLEX.

I passed the NCBTMB the very 1st time I took it: ) It is scary, you are right about that. But one thing they should have taught you in school is mind over matter. Its 160 questions..seems like a lot but compared to tests you had to take in high school and entry into college, by far this test is way shorter and you are given the information to study for it. once again, unlike general questions on college entry tests. Just study study STUDY!!!!! I practically locked myself from the outside world for roughly 3 weeks and did nothing but study.And guess what ...I PASSED!!!! Do take into consideration that I aslo had been out and graduated from massage school for an entire year before taking it. So there you go ..it IS possible. Just dont let it get the best of you. You know what you are doing, show em!: )

Lorna in Happy Valley, Oregon

57 months ago

Congratulations Elizabeth!!! That is awesome.

To LMT in NYC:

The NCBTMB behind your name is given if you pay for it and re-certify every four years with the NCBTMB. Taking and passing the exam does not give you this title. Passing the NCETM/NCETMB or MBLEx allows you to apply in your state to gain a license to practice within that state only...

The steps are:
Graduate school
Pass Exam
Apply for state license
Get Insured/ business license
Practice

If you wish to practice in another state- Check their regulations for licensure and if you have what they ask for, apply. If you need more hours or took a different exam, then the State Board May ask you to obtain them.

Each state is different and is regulated by a licensing board. Easier Reciprocity between states is the Goal of the Federation (FSMTB) the Board of all state board agency that govern the MBLEx.

I hope this answers your questions. The best thing to do when you have a question about a states application regulations is to contact them directly.

Good Luck!

Lorna
massage-exam.com

Kenny7090 in Oregon

57 months ago

Wanted to recommend a book I'm currently using that i find helpful. Its a a book of crossword puzzles. Each puzzle is a different massage topic.It's called Don't Panic! Massage Therapy Exam Crossword Puzzle Review Book. Bought it off amazon, but you may be able to find it in the bookstores, not sure.

Cami in Afton, Tennessee

57 months ago

Can anyone PLEASE answer this for me. I am currently licensed in North Carolina, I took the MbleX and I know that Virginia does not accept it at this time however I have heard that there is a way for me to work in Virginia without having to take the NCE. Since I graduated college from VA and live only ten minutes away from VA, this would be great. Does anyone know of any such thing? Or a number where I can actually ask someone about it? Thank you all in advance.

marissa in Las Vegas, Nevada

57 months ago

Question: Can one just take the MBLEX now and wait say 3 years to be certified? I currently live in nevada but am going to live for 3 years in a state that does not require me to be certified. I would like to take the test now to have it under my belt and then when I return to Vegas I will get licensed then. Does anyone know if that will work? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ei in Columbus, Ohio

56 months ago

I have yet to take the MBLEx. I took the last state test here in Ohio which was fairly tough. I have friends who have taken the NCBTMB and said that other than the it was pretty much common sense, of course the Ohio curriculum was geared toward the Ohio test. Now they have switched the Ohio curriculum to meet the MBLEx requirements. I'm going to take the MBLEx because it is versatile, if I ever need to move the test and my hrs here in Ohio will cover most places.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tia in Marietta, Georgia

55 months ago

Hi. I completed my program in 2004 and I worked for a chiropractor for a little while. I went through a divorce and I stopped practicing. I was never licensed. After about seven years I am trying to get back to what I loved doing. Where do I start? Did I wait too long? Can anyone give my any advice? Help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

The Best thing to do anytime you are wondering about being able to practice massage in your state, is to contact your state massage board. Here is our info page on GA:

www.massage-exam.com/georgia-massage.php

It has links and contact info for the GA Massage Board. Just ask them what you just asked on here:)

Good Luck!

Lorna
Massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nwillis in Baltimore, Maryland

54 months ago

The director of my school pays for students to take the national exam, but won't pay for the MBLEx - which is the exam I want to take. She openly admits she has a bias toward the NCETMB. I want to take the MBLEx so that I can have it done and out of the way by the time I finish school - what to do, what to do? I'm thinking about taking it and paying for it myself - of course passing and then requesting reimbursement. I think it's only fair.

What do you think?

roy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

54 months ago

MBLEX is making the standards of massage industry lower because a lot of graduates who failed NCBTMB numerous times, instead of striving hard to pass it turn their heads to the easy way, the MBLEX but most employers prefer NCBTMB certified Therapist than MBLEX certified because NCBTMB is has a lot more credibility than MBLEX. I f you're gonna ask me, I'd rather take NCBTMB than MBLEX plus NCBTMB has been the licsensure for MT's for 20 years while mblex (correct me if i'm wrong) has been established 2006. So fellow future therapists, why don't you just study harder for ncbtmb other than taking the easy way, the MBLEX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Saint Paul, Minnesota

54 months ago

To the person on st. petersburg. I agree but if you study your butt off and fail you should have antoher opetion. I know alot of great massage therapist who are great healers that don't test well. I'd rather have a straight forward test than one that tricks you. Thats just my opinion. Yes some employers prefer NCBTMB but if you show them your skills as a therapist, who cares what test you took?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

myboys in Peoria, Illinois

54 months ago

I'm from Peoria,Ill and I have taken the NCTCB test and failed it three times and then even paid for a semester in school to have to go back and do the 100 hours and when I took the test first time I failed by 5 points then three points then one point and I was pissed because there were things on the test that we never lerned while in school, thats like set up for failure now if I were going to school to be a doctor thats something different,and who has 225 everytime you go back thats some BS,so if it means to go back and take the MBLEX thats what I will do and I'm going to do.I was an honor roll student the whole time in school then to go for two years to fail,I don't think so,so I don't feel any test defines who I am as a therapist,my work proves it all,and my clients tell it all. I say do you and don't worry about the next. You define you.Now go for it like I'm going to do. I have God on my side so a piece of paper means nothing I just want to be licensed.I worked to hard to not forfill my dreams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shelli03 in Valrico, Florida

54 months ago

Hi, I went to school in Florida -Everest University, I Took the NCBTMB exam close to 3-1/2 years ago & failed by 15points. It was very complicated, & the exam had information I wasn't taught at the school. By the reviews, it's common for a lot of people to have failed the NCBTMB exam.

I'm studying to retake my exam at the end of May, just requested to applications for both the NCBTMB & MBLEx. Off of Amazon I ordered the "Review for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork Certification" by Joseph Ashton/Duke Cassel

"Complete Review Guide" by Barron 5th Edition &
"Don't Panic! Questions & Answers To Help You Pass The Massage Therapy National Exam" by Torres LMT, Gina

I really don't want to take the NCBTMB exam again, I have a feeling Ill fail it again since it's too complicated & confusing.
I'm thinking of taking the MBLEx since its to the point but I'm moving to Connecticut in June, they don't seem to accept the MBLEx licensure. Could I transfer my license & pay the fee? Or is it going to be mandatory for me to take the NCBTMB???

kygirl, 39, LMT in Dagsboro, Delaware

53 months ago

naturescape in Cove, Arkansas said: I graduated from Missouri College in St. Louis, December 2006 and took the NCETMB twice. Missed the first exam by 10 points. It was a tough exam. I moved to Arkansas in 2008 and had to retest, taking the MBLEx and a required Massage Law Exam as well. The MBLEx was easier than the NCETMB. After all of the upheaval that went on in the State of Arkansas with the State Legislature and the Massage Therapy Board, I finally received my license this past November, 2009.

Kygirl ...
I took the MBLEX in Illinois, 2009. Their is nothing that sets a standard as-to which test is the hardest. The school owner of nearly 40 some odd-years, commented, We just aren't sure what's on either test. All the questions are pulled from a 'lotto-draw' type electronic system. Both test present significant overviews of things a prepared therapist should have in their toolbox.
MBLEX had alot of text book term quizzing ideas, & Much to jog your 'out of the box' theory, thinking.

If you were the barely get by student, the test likely will be very intimidating. You know your weak points. Take note of the things you are sure you easily get twisted-up on. Things that 'sound alike, likely' are thrown all throughout the test. Don't get frustrated, just realize this can be retaken, if all else fails. Hang-in there, & Good Luck guys!!!

Dynamike in Blythewood, South Carolina

53 months ago

I have never had any employer look at my resume and ask "which test did you take?" The only thing that any employer I have encountered has ever been concerned with is:

1. Am I licensed to practice in the state
2. What hands on experience do I have
3. Is my massage any good (every employer typically requires a massage demo before being offering a position)

The bottom line is this: Both tests have their pros and cons. It's no different than the ACT vs SAT. (have you ever heard of anyone losing out on a job because they took the ACT instead of the SAT).

I took nationals when I first started because I was told it was more prestegious. When I relocated to the east coast, I found NC only accepted the MBLEX to get licensed. I've taken both, passed both, and nobody has ever asked me which test I took. And, if you work for yourself (which most LMTs eventually do) who cares which test you took! Just make sure you know how to make this pain go away in my back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Florida,

Any time you are working with transferring to a new state, the first thing to check is with the state Massage license Board. They have regulations regarding reciprocity. Florida has been know to ask for more schooling or CE's so contact the Board for details. They look at current license status, school hours, school curriculum, and CEU's or Continuing Education credits.

Check out our state page information with helpful links www.massage-exam.com

Good Luck!
Lorna
Massage-exam.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

debhum in Virginia Beach, Virginia

52 months ago

Cami in Afton, Tennessee said: Can anyone PLEASE answer this for me. I am currently licensed in North Carolina, I took the MbleX and I know that Virginia does not accept it at this time however I have heard that there is a way for me to work in Virginia without having to take the NCE. Since I graduated college from VA and live only ten minutes away from VA, this would be great. Does anyone know of any such thing? Or a number where I can actually ask someone about it? Thank you all in advance.

Call the Commonwealth Of Virginia Department of Nursing. I believe that legislation was recently passed that Virginia will accept the MBLEx exam as part of the criteria to apply for a license to practice in Virginia as a Massage Therapist.

half way there in Portland, Oregon

51 months ago

I recently took the MBLEx. I did okay, but it was not what I expected. There was a question about the definition of libel. I was like WTF. At least 3 or 4 questions seemed off the wall ie irrelevant and useless. A few questions on HIPA, a few questions on historical founders of massage, a few on pathology.
There are a few with pictures and you have to identify a muscle. Again, I had one about elevating the scapula while showing anterior view. It made no sense to me and kines is one of my stronger subjects.

Some questions seemed less about massage and more about solving a vague puzzle. The testing center is like fort knox. It was interesting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

simba in California

45 months ago

Can I apply for MBLEx if I am not US citizen ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

charlesceleste in Carson, California

44 months ago

Randy Adkison in Orlando, Florida said: Could someone explain difference between these two please. Whether the state of Flordia recognizes the MBlex. Any helpful and insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated thanks

I was about to apply for the Florida license and from the information I gathered both the MBlEx and the NCBTMB are accepted. There are other items you must complete...like training in the laws of Florida, Medical terminology, and another item I can't recall. But so long as your school is approved by the Florida's board and you have either the MBLEx or the NCBTMB...you're good.

jcaulk in Delray Beach, Florida

35 months ago

I just took the NCETM for the first time today and passed. There is no chinese medicine on this test :) I have also talked to 4 other recent graduates that took and passed the test the first time, and they also did not have TCM on their tests.

Shay in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

If you take the Mblex in SC can you practice in NC, or just anywhere in SC?

deb lazer in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

30 months ago

Shay in Charlotte, North Carolina said: If you take the Mblex in SC can you practice in NC, or just anywhere in SC?

Passing the exam is just a first step. You must submit those results and numerous other docs (proof of citizenship, CPR certification, fingerrprints, etc.) to SC and receive licensure there. You can't practice in SC just by passing the exam. Then you apply to NC, which accepts the Mblex but you still need to apply for a license to practice in NC. You cannot 'just practice' anywhere because you passed the test. I recently moved from NC to NJ. New Jersey accepts the Mblex so I applied by examination. I had to submit the above-mentioned docs, in addition to your massage school's info (unless your school is on NC's list of accepted schools). And then wait. I applied in NJ back in June 2013 & am still waiting. Luckily, in 99% of NJ it is possible to practice if your docs are in and licensure is pending. Good luck!

shellywarner in louisville, Kentucky

25 months ago