Out of state therapist needing license in Washington

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

brianlb in Seattle, Washington

109 months ago

Hi Jennifer,
I am not sure if you have found the information you need, but I thought that I would try to help. I moved to Washington state from California and have found it to be quite a task getting licensed here. If you have not received training from an approved school, that will be the most unfortunate part. You will have to basically go back to school. Cortiva Seattle will work with you in tranferring credit from your previous schools. National Certification is another requirement (NCBTMB) for all Washington state applicants, as well as American Red Cross CPR and First Aid courses, and a 4-hour AIDS awareness course which I did online at healthinfonetwork.org The Washington State Dept. of Health can be reached at (360)236-4700 you generally have to wait a few minutes to get through, but you should be able to. They can answer any other questions you may have. I wish you well on your new path.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Dacia in Wahiawa, Hawaii

22 months ago

What if you already have a license and successful practice for over 7 years in a different state, does that help at all? Its been over 7 years since I took a test and it really scares me to have to take another test again when Ive been doing massage for years and work with insurance companies. Why can't they just transfer the license? I mean clearly I'm a professional.

- Was this comment helpful?
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.