Taking MBLEX soon Looking for a study partner In the area/ over the phone or IM/Skype

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

NishaNicole in Cincinnati, Ohio

28 months ago

Hey everyone, My name is Nicole...I have scheduled my exam to take the MBLEX. I have to take it by september, I plan on taking it by the end of the month. Looking for someone that is serrious about studying and would like to help quiz each other. I really need to pass I just have a hard time studying alone. Please if anyone is interested reply back and we can exchange information via email or messenger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

NishaNicole in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Hey everyone, My name is Nicole...I have scheduled my exam to take the MBLEX. I have to take it by september, I plan on taking it by the end of the month. Looking for someone that is serrious about studying and would like to help quiz each other. I really need to pass I just have a hard time studying alone. Please if anyone is interested reply back and we can exchange information via email or messenger.

Hi Nicole, have you found a study partner yet? I just signed up to take the Mblex and want to take it by Sept also...I've always found some accountability helps me a TON. Let me know. Thanks, Melissa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

map79 in Jacksonville, Florida

27 months ago

Melissa in Sacramento, California said: Hi Nicole, have you found a study partner yet? I just signed up to take the Mblex and want to take it by Sept also...I've always found some accountability helps me a TON. Let me know. Thanks, Melissa

I'm planning to take the MBLEX in Sept/Oct if you wanna study together, maybe we can PASS together...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

Ok! So what's your name "map79? I was told by a friend who is a MT instructor to get the Mosby's massage therapy review. Do you have any study materials yet? Melissa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nicole in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

Yes i'm still open for study partners I study everyday. Nisha513Nicole@gmail.com Email me any study guides you may have. Or email me and we can exchange contact info. I'm taking my exam soon within a few weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

nicole in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Yes i'm still open for study partners I study everyday. Nisha513Nicole@gmail.com Email me any study guides you may have. Or email me and we can exchange contact info. I'm taking my exam soon within a few weeks.

Hey Nicole, my email is melissamartiniecolburn@gmail.com...i'm getting a mosby's massage therapy review on the suggestion of a friend who teaches massage. What are you using? When is your test date?

Do you have thoughts on how you want to work together? we are in different time zones, but my schedule is pretty flexible and is different every day. We could email, we could call, we could play with google docs...let me know if you have other idea. For me, it's mostly the accountability to have something done by a certain time or be prepared to work with you by a certain time/day.

Are you a new MT?

Melissa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Jupiter, Florida

27 months ago

NishaNicole in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Hey everyone, My name is Nicole...I have scheduled my exam to take the MBLEX. I have to take it by september, I plan on taking it by the end of the month. Looking for someone that is serrious about studying and would like to help quiz each other. I really need to pass I just have a hard time studying alone. Please if anyone is interested reply back and we can exchange information via email or messenger.

My name is Jennifer and I am taking my exam in september as well, let me know if you have a study partner or not? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

OK, Nicole, Mechelle, and Jennifer...shall we take this to email and get organized and talk about what each of us needs regarding support to pass this thing? I know Mechelle and I have talked a bit about accountability and being held to covering certain material by a certain time. I also think if we find good online resources, if we share them and talk about what we got out of them (sort of like sharing lecture notes?) it could help too. Looking for input from everyone, cause each of us will have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure we all have tons of things to juggle, but doing this online should held us each us the time we find/make in our day to make this studying thing happen (maybe we could do a study group via conf call and use some online material or notes we have put together at some point.

My email is melissamartiniecolburn@gmail.com

I have heard that Mosby's MT review is a good prep tool. Mechelle also said there is a lot on Massage Nerd. I also found MBLEX practice exam on Quizlet.

Melissa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mechelle in Jacksonville, Florida

27 months ago

Melissa in Sacramento, California said: OK, Nicole, Mechelle, and Jennifer...shall we take this to email and get organized and talk about what each of us needs regarding support to pass this thing? I know Mechelle and I have talked a bit about accountability and being held to covering certain material by a certain time. I also think if we find good online resources, if we share them and talk about what we got out of them (sort of like sharing lecture notes?) it could help too. Looking for input from everyone, cause each of us will have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure we all have tons of things to juggle, but doing this online should held us each us the time we find/make in our day to make this studying thing happen (maybe we could do a study group via conf call and use some online material or notes we have put together at some point.

My email is melissamartiniecolburn@gmail.com

I have heard that Mosby's MT review is a good prep tool. Mechelle also said there is a lot on Massage Nerd. I also found MBLEX practice exam on Quizlet.

Melissa

I agree Melissa 100%! I found a few more sites to help us.
Studystack.com has a Massage Therapy section with thousands of flashcards free. www.studystack.com/MassageTherapy&sortOrder=stars&page=1
Also, take quizzes on the Muscular System at getbodysmart.com, www.getbodysmart.com/ap/muscularsystem/menu/menu.html
actually go through all the Body Systems there.
At the bottom of their page, check out their links for A&P ALL for free.
The bodyworker.com has some sample test questions.
www.thebodyworker.com/test_massage_1.htm
Another MBLEX practice test I found with this link.
www.utmi.com/MBLEx_Practice_Exams.pdf
Yesterday, I went the library and found nothing for the MBLEX, but, did find a Kaplans National Physical Therapy Exam book with tons of questions that relate. They give you the answer and tell you why the other three were wrong. I love that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mechelle in Jacksonville, Florida

27 months ago

Melissa in Sacramento, California said: OK, Nicole, Mechelle, and Jennifer...shall we take this to email and get organized and talk about what each of us needs regarding support to pass this thing? I know Mechelle and I have talked a bit about accountability and being held to covering certain material by a certain time. I also think if we find good online resources, if we share them and talk about what we got out of them (sort of like sharing lecture notes?) it could help too. Looking for input from everyone, cause each of us will have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure we all have tons of things to juggle, but doing this online should held us each us the time we find/make in our day to make this studying thing happen (maybe we could do a study group via conf call and use some online material or notes we have put together at some point.

My email is melissamartiniecolburn@gmail.com

I have heard that Mosby's MT review is a good prep tool. Mechelle also said there is a lot on Massage Nerd. I also found MBLEX practice exam on Quizlet.

Melissa

For Ex:

Therapist is performing an active range of motion assessment of the lumbar spine. During active flexion, what accessory motion is happening at the facet joints?

A. Both side open.

B. Both sides close.

C. The left side opens, the right closes.

D. The right side open, the left closes.

In forward Flexion, both facets are closed.

Extension, both facets joints are open.

In side-bending right, the right facet closes and the left opens;

in side-bending left, the left facet closes and the right opens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mia in Sparta, New Jersey

21 months ago

Hola, My name is Mia and I am scheduled to take the MBLEX by the middle of March 2013. I am looking for a serious study partner . Please if anyone is interested reply back and we can exchange information via email or messenger.

My email is medcmtmia@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Am in Lahaina, Hawaii

21 months ago

Did you guy pass it??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.