Want to start Please help!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

chrisfoos in San Martino Valle Caudina, Italy

20 months ago

Hi, I'm 21 from Italy.. I've decided to take this path...massage therapist.
I wanted to know how to start in order to get to operate in the U.S. in a future.
Should I start here in Italy with a one year course at BCM in Milan or I should try some course abroad. To work in the U.S. you have to attend an assigned school by NCBTMB. I don't know if the BCM in Milan is one of them..could you suggest me the best path to take? I would be ready to start abroad too.
Many thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

L.M.T. in Coatesville, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

chrisfoos in San Martino Valle Caudina, Italy said: Hi, I'm 21 from Italy.. I've decided to take this path...massage therapist.
I wanted to know how to start in order to get to operate in the U.S. in a future.
Should I start here in Italy with a one year course at BCM in Milan or I should try some course abroad. To work in the U.S. you have to attend an assigned school by NCBTMB. I don't know if the BCM in Milan is one of them..could you suggest me the best path to take? I would be ready to start abroad too.
Many thanks :)

In the U.S. each state has it's own minimum hour requirement. It is best to decide on a school that goes above the minimum, because you may want to eventually teach massage. In the U.S. each state has agreed to test on what is known as the MBLEX. NCBTMB used to be the premier test that all U.S. States agreed upon, but now all states agreed on both, you will have to choose. I am not familiar with any articulation agreements with U.S. and other foreign countries. Best to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.