cruise ship jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1351 to 1400 of 1896)
Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

amy in United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi, does anybody know the distance from the YMCA to the actual academy? been looking on google maps and is confusing. Any help please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

igor in Belgrade, Serbia

27 months ago

you have 15-20 min by buss.

Ector in United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi guys,
can someone post more info regarding:

the Public Presentation,
the Written test
the practical massage we have to do with our model.

Do you think is there any limit of age? 30yo is fine?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yann in Dublin, Ireland

27 months ago

Ector in United Kingdom said: Hi guys,
can someone post more info regarding:

the Public Presentation,
the Written test
the practical massage we have to do with our model.

Do you think is there any limit of age? 30yo is fine?

Thanks

The written test is about common massage knowledge.
The practical was done on another applicant. I had to demonstrate the different technique I knew and she asked me some question about the technique I was using and why I wanted to work for steiner, when I will be available, if it will be an issue to share a cabin with someone else. I'm 30 and I'm starting the training in July so you should be fine

samantha in Miami, Florida

27 months ago

I am an american female Steiner Fitness on a ship for the past 6 months. Steiner is a huge corporation and they want you to make them money. So you work long hours, have to retail like crazy, and it can be very stressful and demanding. But shiplife is amazing! The past 6 months have been some of the most fun times of my life. The other spa girls are so much fun, the parties are crazy, the ports are beautiful. Sure it's hard work, but that's life. As long as you can work hard, and don't mind working when you are hungover, you will have a great time. And you can make good money, if you get good at retail. Don't go with some high expectations of changing lives or saving tons of money, but if you enjoy life and meeting new people, you will make the best memories forever.

Linda in Little Hadham, United Kingdom

27 months ago

My daughter was given the uniform on the first day at the Academy didnt have to pay again for it - dont forget the white shoes - she took two pairs. She also bought an Oyster Card when she got to London and used that on the bus to the Academy.
Linda

suzie987 in san antonio, Texas

27 months ago

samantha in Miami, Florida said: I am an american female Steiner Fitness on a ship for the past 6 months. Steiner is a huge corporation and they want you to make them money. So you work long hours, have to retail like crazy, and it can be very stressful and demanding. But shiplife is amazing! The past 6 months have been some of the most fun times of my life. The other spa girls are so much fun, the parties are crazy, the ports are beautiful. Sure it's hard work, but that's life. As long as you can work hard, and don't mind working when you are hungover, you will have a great time. And you can make good money, if you get good at retail. Don't go with some high expectations of changing lives or saving tons of money, but if you enjoy life and meeting new people, you will make the best memories forever.

Hey! I would appreciate it SO much if i could get your email address to ask u a couple more questions that I'm freaking out about...i live in the states so i wanted a bit more info about actually flying into london/customs paperwork etc....i would LOVE if you could please please email me to chat for a min...i got hired as a hairstylist and start in london on July 2....my email is bblondie012@gmail.com... Thanks so much xx

27 months ago

suzie987 in san antonio, Texas said: Hey! I would appreciate it SO much if i could get your email address to ask u a couple more questions that I'm freaking out about...i live in the states so i wanted a bit more info about actually flying into london/customs paperwork etc....i would LOVE if you could please please email me to chat for a min...i got hired as a hairstylist and start in london on July 2....my email is bblondie012@gmail.com... Thanks so much xx

Ive sent you my e-mail but after reading your question maybe it wasn't mine that you wanted !!
Linda

27 months ago

Hi Suzie
I have emailed you but re-reading your post realise it wasnt me who you wanted to chat to!!
Linda

jenny vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi , i have recently applied to become a beauty therapist on board and have an interview in birmingham next sunday... I was just wondering whether you could tell me what the interview is like and what sort of questions do they ask you? Also could you tell me how long is it until they tell you if you are sucessful or not and whether they do it in writing or phone?
will be grateful to hear replys
jenny

27 months ago

jenny vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Hi , i have recently applied to become a beauty therapist on board and have an interview in birmingham next sunday... I was just wondering whether you could tell me what the interview is like and what sort of questions do they ask you? Also could you tell me how long is it until they tell you if you are sucessful or not and whether they do it in writing or phone?
will be grateful to hear replys
jenny

Hi Jenny
When my daughter had her interview they asked her questions relevant to her trade (hairstylist) she also did public speaking, then she had to do her models hair. They tell you that day if you have been successful or not.
Linda

Bethaney in United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi Jenny I have just had my interview last weekend in Exeter, they ask you things about skin care eg. What you would recommend for a clients skin etc. also be prepared for the question of why you want to work for Steiner as this is a big one. They will ask you about facial machines and what you would use and when. What yor favourite treatments to do are etc. you will have a small theory test in the morning which isn't too hard just make sure you know about skin, the different layers and different things like that. You have a public speech where you talk about yourself what you have studied and why you want to work for steiiner, you have to do this in front of all of the other applicants so be confident and make sure you smile! You will then in the afternoon have to do a neck back as shoulder massage where she will come round and ask you what your doing and what move your doing and why, don't forget to do a consultation before because she didn't tell us to and lots of us didn't! After that you have to do a skin analysis on the same person you massaged and that's it :) I hope that helped! Lol I heard the following day that I got in but I think it depends on who your interviewer is, she told us at the interview when we would hear. :)

Becky in Dundee, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Bethaney in United Kingdom said: Hi Jenny I have just had my interview last weekend in Exeter, they ask you things about skin care eg. What you would recommend for a clients skin etc. also be prepared for the question of why you want to work for Steiner as this is a big one. They will ask you about facial machines and what you would use and when. What yor favourite treatments to do are etc. you will have a small theory test in the morning which isn't too hard just make sure you know about skin, the different layers and different things like that. You have a public speech where you talk about yourself what you have studied and why you want to work for steiiner, you have to do this in front of all of the other applicants so be confident and make sure you smile! You will then in the afternoon have to do a neck back as shoulder massage where she will come round and ask you what your doing and what move your doing and why, don't forget to do a consultation before because she didn't tell us to and lots of us didn't! After that you have to do a skin analysis on the same person you massaged and that's it :) I hope that helped! Lol I heard the following day that I got in but I think it depends on who your interviewer is, she told us at the interview when we would hear. :)

Hi bethany, do you know when your going to the academy? Im going the 16th of july. Eeek!! Xx

Bethaney in Southampton, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hey no I don't know yet im still waiting for my starter pack thing to come through the post, how long did it take for yours to come? At the interview I said september so I'm guessing it will be that sort of time! Wow July! That's so soon!! I bet your so excited! There's so much to pay though isn't there!?

jenny vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi please could you tell me if you are lucky enough to get through as beauty therapist on board a ship, what sort of things can you take on board and what would you reccomend? also how much spending money would you need if any???? grateful for comments?? also could you tell me what ship life is like and what staff get up to??? jenny vincent

jennifer vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom

27 months ago

hi, please could you tell me what ship life is like. what things can you take on board the ship and how much luggage can you take. also when you are at training what does it involve and do you have to take all your stuff for the onboard ship with you. will be grateful for any comments.
jenny

jennifer vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom

26 months ago

hi, please could you tell me what ship life is like. what things can you take on board the ship and how much luggage can you take. also when you are at training what does it involve and do you have to take all your stuff for the onboard ship with you. will be grateful for any comments.
jenny

26 months ago

jennifer vincent in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: hi, please could you tell me what ship life is like. what things can you take on board the ship and how much luggage can you take. also when you are at training what does it involve and do you have to take all your stuff for the onboard ship with you. will be grateful for any comments.
jenny

Hi Jenny
Yes you take everything with you to the YMCA. My daughters a hair stylist - the suitcase she took had to weigh 20kg but when she got her flight ticket (it was with virgin) to join her cruise she found she could take two cases. She went out and bought another one as she had to take all her own equipment eg hairdryer rollers straightners scissors combs wahl etc. She also had to take all her equipments with her every day to the Academy. She seems to be having a really good time (working hard and playing hard !!) She loves it if her day off is when they are at one of the islands they can go onshore. Her base is New York so if she has a day off whilst there she can go round New York. Sometimes her day off is while they are at sea - they have a crew area for sunbathing, also she does her washing and so on when it is her day off. - Linda

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hey, I am going to my training on the 24th September, I have received my starter pack and everything but am unsure on a couple of things if anyone can answer them I would be really grateful :) Firstly, the Norwegian Medical how do you go about getting this? Do you need to apply for it before you go to training of do you get it at training, and when do you need to pay for it? Also on the date of my training does anyone know if there is a time I have to have arrived before? it doesn't say anything about times on my letter? Can you take your laptop on board with you?
If anyone knows any answers to these please let me know. Thankyou!! :)

26 months ago

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom said: Hey, I am going to my training on the 24th September, I have received my starter pack and everything but am unsure on a couple of things if anyone can answer them I would be really grateful :) Firstly, the Norwegian Medical how do you go about getting this? Do you need to apply for it before you go to training of do you get it at training, and when do you need to pay for it? Also on the date of my training does anyone know if there is a time I have to have arrived before? it doesn't say anything about times on my letter? Can you take your laptop on board with you?
If anyone knows any answers to these please let me know. Thankyou!! :)

Hi My daughter went for her Norwegian Medical on the first day starting at the Academy and paid cash for it then. The YMCA had details of when to be outside for the taxi etc. she then went on to the academy. She arrived at the YMCA around lunch time when she got to her room the 3 other girls were already there (so she got a top bunk !!) She took her i-pad and uses on the cruise. Linda

Jade in United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hey Hey Hey..... Firstly anyone starting their training on 2nd July???

Secondly... Is there anyone able to give me advice on what to pack...
it said evening dress...is this likely to happen???

Thank you!!

Sean in Mesa, Arizona

26 months ago

Hello everyone! i recently graduated from one of stieners massage schools im interested in working on a cruise ship but.. i dont want to work for stiener based off of what ive read and from research of my own they dont seem like the kind of company i would enjoy working for. is it possible to have an independent contract for a few months(i think the minimum is 8?) with a cruise line one i could work for and get dropped off at port? im a male therapist and i know most lines want female therapists, could having more skills such as bartending or astetics make my life any easier? I understand theirs pro's and cons to working on a cruise, is this something i should consider? Finaly if anyones able to answer this, what line would come most recomended to work on? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

-Sean

Jojo in Reading, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hi, my name is Erik, i am going to finish my ITEC soon, i would like to go for massage job as well. You sad you finished a course through Steiner, did they not offer you a job? I know there is some another agency in south hampton harling brothers i think. I a going to applay for cruise after my studies, it would be helpful for me if you can tell me yours experiences, thanks eri.ci@hotmail

Sean in Mesa, Arizona

26 months ago

no stiener didnt offer me any kind of employment they never had any recruitment visits, i found my own job at a spa and have already started working, 1056 hours of schooling and by now 200+ hours of massage

amy in United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hi, can any body tell me who has been the academy what kind of white shoes do you where. Can you wear white pumps or do they have to be ballerina pumps?

tracey P in Brisbane, Australia

26 months ago

Nath in Bedford, United Kingdom said: hiya kym! i added you on Facebook, more than happy to chat and stuff!

Hi Nathan, my daughter just started on P & O Adonia - through Steiner, her first contract.. she has range me crying her eyes out, disgusting smelly cabin, not cleaned, with stained bedding, the ship caters for 60+ passengers, all of them are so old and no one is booking any treatments, day 3 and NIL income.. she will be on 7.5% commission WHEN she gets a booking... I am going to contact Steiner and tell them unless they transfer her she's coming home as soon as she gets back to southampton.. she is absolutely devastated, we saved for nearly a year to get her over there (im a single parent) and now its all been for nothing.. I cant afford to send her money to support hersself and with NIL income so far... I'm so worried about her... interent is now out of range and I cant contact her either. My email is tpaton67@gmail.com... if anyone can give us advice it would be SO Appreciated.

26 months ago

amy in United Kingdom said: Hi, can any body tell me who has been the academy what kind of white shoes do you where. Can you wear white pumps or do they have to be ballerina pumps?

Hi Amy my daughter bought two pairs of white pumps from Primark and they were fine.
Linda

26 months ago

Linda in Little Hadham, United Kingdom said: Hi Amy my daughter bought two pairs of white pumps from Primark and they were fine.
Linda

There is a primark in the shopping centre next to the YMCA - Linda

Tracey P in Gold Coast, Australia

26 months ago

Hi Cathy. My daughter just started her first contract with Steiner and rang me in tears...terribly unhappy .... Her cabin was not clean and smelled, blood stains on the linen, she has worked 12 hrs x 3 days with Nil Bookings..she's on the p and o Adonia and said its horrible, all passenges are over 60 yrs of age and completely not interested in any facials etc. there is already a nail tech and a massage therapist on board so she won't get any of those treatments, She is devastated and wants to come home..... So nil income at all.. I'm stressing out so bad from here... Can't contact her now shes gone out of range.... I'm so worried about her. Would you have any advice? How did your contract go ?

Cathy in Melbourne, Australia said: Why don't you check out www.steinerleisure.com ? They recruit for over 80% of the luxurious cruise liners. If you are happy working hard, there are many different opportunities with them. I am starting with them early next year as a massage therapist. I don't know which ship I will be posted to. I have heard all the good and the bad comments re Steiner. And have made up my mind, I will find out for myself. I have an 8 month contract .

Best Wishes,

Cathy

amy in United Kingdom

26 months ago

Thankyou for your help Linda.

26 months ago

amy in United Kingdom said: Thankyou for your help Linda.

Your welcome - just one other thing you've maybe got all your paperwork together but my daughters crb check hadn't come back in time for when she went to the academy but she had a photocopy of it and proof of posting to show them. Also she didn't have a letter or anything from her doctor saying she had had mmr injections so rather than hold up a placement on a ship waiting for me to sort the letter and post it to her she paid for another one at the academy £50. Linda

26 months ago

Jade in United Kingdom said: Hey Hey Hey..... Firstly anyone starting their training on 2nd July???

Secondly... Is there anyone able to give me advice on what to pack...
it said evening dress...is this likely to happen???

Thank you!!

Yes take an evening dress - smart dress. Ive just posted my daughter a parcel to her ship in New York with clothes etc. in it it cost £48.

amy in London, United Kingdom

26 months ago

Hi there, how do people find learning all the elemis products before you start at the academy. I have been learning them for months and some go in and some don't any suggestions??

Isabella in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

26 months ago

Hey, for anyone looking information on ships, find this ebook:

Work on Cruise Ships - The Complete Guide Book
It is especially for those seeking jobs on Cruise Ships or the Cruise Ship Industry.
Its a good read on all the insider info you need to know about being a massage therapist onbaord:

To start reading this ebook, follow the link below to the Amazon.com page:
www.amazon.com/dp/B007QRCYJU?cor=US

Isabella in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

26 months ago

Jah, That is exactly how it was with me.

Also, having to retail constantly is a headache.

I have found this valuable ebook which is pretty good for anyone wanting to go work on ships but don't know what to expect.

Some insider info is always best I beleive

Book is;

Work on Cruise Ships - The Complete Guide Book to those seeking jobs on Cruise Ships or the Cruise Ship Industry.
Its a good read on all the insider info you need to know about being a massage therapist onbaord:

To start reading this ebook, follow the link below to the Amazon.com page:
www.amazon.com/dp/B007QRCYJU?cor=US

ldeakin in Bolton, United Kingdom

26 months ago

hey anyone going to the YMCA for 13th August 12!? so much to do its bonkers!!!ha! does anyone know where to get a norweigen medical from? i live near manchester so hopig i dont need to travell far for it!!! is it me or is this starter pack a bit confusing :-/

jin in Couva, Trinidad and Tobago

26 months ago

I'm goin june 20th

26 months ago

I'm goin august 20th

26 months ago

amy in London, United Kingdom said: Hi there, how do people find learning all the elemis products before you start at the academy. I have been learning them for months and some go in and some don't any suggestions??

Yes i agree, i do a little reading when i can and your right some info sticks and some don't... i think as long as we have a little knowledge about Elemis that will be fine! its impossible to learn everthing, i'm trying not to stress about it to be honest!

26 months ago

oh good!! are you on fb?

amy in United Kingdom

26 months ago

Yes i am going to the academy on the 13th august 2012. You get the norweigen medical when you are at the academy!

amy in United Kingdom

26 months ago

I mean i arrive at the YMCA on the 12th august the day before i start at the academy.

26 months ago

Well my training start on august 20th I'm flyin from the caribbean. Trinidad to be exact and yes I may have to do the medical there or in london not sure yet. Yes I'm on facebook.

26 months ago

yes me too, i go down to the YMCA on 12th and start training 13th, add me on fb if u like its Lindsay Jane Deakin! :-)

amy in United Kingdom

26 months ago

Ok, will do :)

LeanneM22 in Clare, Ireland

26 months ago

Hey everyone,
Just recieved my starter pack today and im starting in London on the 17th of sept.. Anybody else starting around that time?? Im slightly stressed about the amount of stuff i've to do before i go.. Any good advise is more than welcome.

Leanne
:)x

26 months ago

Heya I go to the YMCA on the 23rd September so just a few days after you! :) xxx

LeanneM22 in Ennis, Ireland

26 months ago

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom said: Heya I go to the YMCA on the 23rd September so just a few days after you! :) xxx

Oh yay, i was looking back through a few pages n thought there was no1 on this going around the same time as me.. What are u going in as?? Im going as a massage therapist.. Just trying to get a grip on the starter pack, its a lot of info at once..

26 months ago

Ergh yeah I know there's so much to do! Where/when was your interview? I'm going in as a beauty therapist. So much stuff to sort out though and so much money to save :( xxx

LeanneM22 in Clare, Ireland

26 months ago

Waaay too much to do.. I had my interview in dublin on the 24th of june, it was 1 nerve wracking day but turned out the way i wanted :) the next 10 weeks are going to be busy trying to get everything sorted b4 the academy.. How are u getting on learning the elemis products?? I just looked over it quick today n it serms like a lot to learn..

Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.