cruise ship jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1351 to 1400 of 1890)
Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

Linda in Little Hadham, United Kingdom

50 months ago

amy in United Kingdom said: Hi, can any body tell me who has been the academy what kind of white shoes do you where. Can you wear white pumps or do they have to be ballerina pumps?

Hi Amy my daughter bought two pairs of white pumps from Primark and they were fine.
Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Linda in Little Hadham, United Kingdom said: Hi Amy my daughter bought two pairs of white pumps from Primark and they were fine.
Linda

There is a primark in the shopping centre next to the YMCA - Linda

Tracey P in Gold Coast, Australia

50 months ago

Hi Cathy. My daughter just started her first contract with Steiner and rang me in tears...terribly unhappy .... Her cabin was not clean and smelled, blood stains on the linen, she has worked 12 hrs x 3 days with Nil Bookings..she's on the p and o Adonia and said its horrible, all passenges are over 60 yrs of age and completely not interested in any facials etc. there is already a nail tech and a massage therapist on board so she won't get any of those treatments, She is devastated and wants to come home..... So nil income at all.. I'm stressing out so bad from here... Can't contact her now shes gone out of range.... I'm so worried about her. Would you have any advice? How did your contract go ?

Cathy in Melbourne, Australia said: Why don't you check out www.steinerleisure.com ? They recruit for over 80% of the luxurious cruise liners. If you are happy working hard, there are many different opportunities with them. I am starting with them early next year as a massage therapist. I don't know which ship I will be posted to. I have heard all the good and the bad comments re Steiner. And have made up my mind, I will find out for myself. I have an 8 month contract .

Best Wishes,

Cathy

amy in United Kingdom

50 months ago

Thankyou for your help Linda.

50 months ago

amy in United Kingdom said: Thankyou for your help Linda.

Your welcome - just one other thing you've maybe got all your paperwork together but my daughters crb check hadn't come back in time for when she went to the academy but she had a photocopy of it and proof of posting to show them. Also she didn't have a letter or anything from her doctor saying she had had mmr injections so rather than hold up a placement on a ship waiting for me to sort the letter and post it to her she paid for another one at the academy £50. Linda

49 months ago

Jade in United Kingdom said: Hey Hey Hey..... Firstly anyone starting their training on 2nd July???

Secondly... Is there anyone able to give me advice on what to pack...
it said evening dress...is this likely to happen???

Thank you!!

Yes take an evening dress - smart dress. Ive just posted my daughter a parcel to her ship in New York with clothes etc. in it it cost £48.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

amy in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hi there, how do people find learning all the elemis products before you start at the academy. I have been learning them for months and some go in and some don't any suggestions??

Isabella in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

49 months ago

Hey, for anyone looking information on ships, find this ebook:

Work on Cruise Ships - The Complete Guide Book
It is especially for those seeking jobs on Cruise Ships or the Cruise Ship Industry.
Its a good read on all the insider info you need to know about being a massage therapist onbaord:

To start reading this ebook, follow the link below to the Amazon.com page:
www.amazon.com/dp/B007QRCYJU?cor=US

Isabella in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

49 months ago

Jah, That is exactly how it was with me.

Also, having to retail constantly is a headache.

I have found this valuable ebook which is pretty good for anyone wanting to go work on ships but don't know what to expect.

Some insider info is always best I beleive

Book is;

Work on Cruise Ships - The Complete Guide Book to those seeking jobs on Cruise Ships or the Cruise Ship Industry.
Its a good read on all the insider info you need to know about being a massage therapist onbaord:

To start reading this ebook, follow the link below to the Amazon.com page:
www.amazon.com/dp/B007QRCYJU?cor=US

ldeakin in Bolton, United Kingdom

49 months ago

hey anyone going to the YMCA for 13th August 12!? so much to do its bonkers!!!ha! does anyone know where to get a norweigen medical from? i live near manchester so hopig i dont need to travell far for it!!! is it me or is this starter pack a bit confusing :-/

jin in Couva, Trinidad and Tobago

49 months ago

I'm goin june 20th

49 months ago

I'm goin august 20th

49 months ago

amy in London, United Kingdom said: Hi there, how do people find learning all the elemis products before you start at the academy. I have been learning them for months and some go in and some don't any suggestions??

Yes i agree, i do a little reading when i can and your right some info sticks and some don't... i think as long as we have a little knowledge about Elemis that will be fine! its impossible to learn everthing, i'm trying not to stress about it to be honest!

49 months ago

oh good!! are you on fb?

amy in United Kingdom

49 months ago

Yes i am going to the academy on the 13th august 2012. You get the norweigen medical when you are at the academy!

amy in United Kingdom

49 months ago

I mean i arrive at the YMCA on the 12th august the day before i start at the academy.

49 months ago

Well my training start on august 20th I'm flyin from the caribbean. Trinidad to be exact and yes I may have to do the medical there or in london not sure yet. Yes I'm on facebook.

49 months ago

yes me too, i go down to the YMCA on 12th and start training 13th, add me on fb if u like its Lindsay Jane Deakin! :-)

amy in United Kingdom

49 months ago

Ok, will do :)

leannem22 in Clare, Ireland

49 months ago

Hey everyone,
Just recieved my starter pack today and im starting in London on the 17th of sept.. Anybody else starting around that time?? Im slightly stressed about the amount of stuff i've to do before i go.. Any good advise is more than welcome.

Leanne
:)x

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Heya I go to the YMCA on the 23rd September so just a few days after you! :) xxx

LeanneM22 in Ennis, Ireland

49 months ago

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom said: Heya I go to the YMCA on the 23rd September so just a few days after you! :) xxx

Oh yay, i was looking back through a few pages n thought there was no1 on this going around the same time as me.. What are u going in as?? Im going as a massage therapist.. Just trying to get a grip on the starter pack, its a lot of info at once..

49 months ago

Ergh yeah I know there's so much to do! Where/when was your interview? I'm going in as a beauty therapist. So much stuff to sort out though and so much money to save :( xxx

49 months ago

Waaay too much to do.. I had my interview in dublin on the 24th of june, it was 1 nerve wracking day but turned out the way i wanted :) the next 10 weeks are going to be busy trying to get everything sorted b4 the academy.. How are u getting on learning the elemis products?? I just looked over it quick today n it serms like a lot to learn..

49 months ago

Ergh there is soo much to learn! I don't know how I'm ever going to learn it all! It's crazy how they expect us to just learn it all. Have you applied for your visa and everything?

49 months ago

I only got my starter pack today but i made my appointment for my visa n its in like 3 weeks.. Im actually really excited to get started its just going to be a really busy time up to then.. Do u know anybody going?? What do u make ov the evening dress thing?? Wat kinda dress are they looking for i wonder??

49 months ago

Ahh I see I got my visa through last week :) It's a long wait when you go up to london by the way, you will be in there for at least 3 hours! And noone is allowed to go in with you, and you can't take your phone or anything else in with you. No I don't know anyone else who is going :-/ scary! Do you? I don't have a clue what sort of dress they are on about :-/ I havn't really thought about it really, I suppose I should really! Have you been in the industry long? How old are you? (If you don't mind me asking haha)

49 months ago

Im the same, i no no1 else but i think i kinda prefer that.. Iv only just finished my course in may, i was doing business in college n realised half way through that it wasnt for me.. I dont mind at all im 22 u??

49 months ago

Ahh that's the same as me, I finish college this week! I'm 20. It's so scary though! Also we have to get a smear test for the medical, I have spoken to my Dr and she won't to it because I am under 25 :/ so I don't really know what to do about that. I'm so nervous about starting, I've heard so much about Steiner, some good and some bad! I don't really know what to think! haha.

49 months ago

Ya i saw that about the smear test, maybe if i bring the starter pack n show them that i need it they might do it then.. Im nervous too but i think it is whatever u make ov it.. Im trying not to read too much into the bad comments coz u cant please everyone anyway so some people will always have negative experiences.. Its about working hard and partying hard and i plan on doing both :)

49 months ago

Oh this is jus great!!! i'm gunna be the oldest there! your all only young :-( LOL!

linda in Little Hadham, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Bethaney in Bournemouth, United Kingdom said: Ahh that's the same as me, I finish college this week! I'm 20. It's so scary though! Also we have to get a smear test for the medical, I have spoken to my Dr and she won't to it because I am under 25 :/ so I don't really know what to do about that. I'm so nervous about starting, I've heard so much about Steiner, some good and some bad! I don't really know what to think! haha.

Hi my daughter didnt have the smear test as her doctor said she didnt need one - she told this the nurse at the academy and it was ok - in my earlier post/s if you can get a letter from your doctor saying you have had all your immunisations - mmr etc take that with you. Evening dress is smart and dressy have a look on the steiner website they have some staff stood on stairs in appropriate dresses. She studied the elemis products before she went and every night at the YMCA they do test you on what they are and what they are used for. Sorry if you may think I am going on a bit but my daughter read a lot of comments etc on this website and it really helped her.

rmilar in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hi guys, (sorry beth havent got back to you been sooo busy!) i went to the academy in june. I Went for a week, and went home on the friday as i needed to have more confidence in treatments. the trainer was lovely and she told me i had the right potential etc but need to get some experience, she sent a lot of girls home, turned round to them and said your crap go home kinda thing, but obviously i went on my own accord, and im going back in the new year, as i was told that if i go back within the 6 months my medical will still be valid, my visa obviously will be 10 years, and i had my refund from my maritime fee ready for the next time. The trainers are bloody strict, they watch you like a hawk and will type things down on the computer about you, the way you talk, communicate, appearance etc. Obviously because i have already experienced the training and ymca, i am so much more prepared for the next time. I know it was only a week i went for,but i did learn a lot, almost like a months worth of work !! The best advice i can give you is learn ALL the elemis products, and i mean everything. Its different for hairdressers, as they only know the facial products and mens skin care. I had my entrance test on the wednesday about all the elemis products included in the dvd, and if you dont pass, you will be sent home, you only get two chances to pass. Later on in the week, you will have another elemis test, it was on the saturday (i went home on the friday so i didnt do it) but basically its a 30 odd quiz and you had to learn the top 10 elemis products, in order, 3 key benefits, and 3 key ingredients so its pretty tough. I cannot stress how important it is to learn elemis, i have a huge book with every single product, which i have read over and over since i have been home. So many places sell elemis (john lewis, qvc, website, etc)

rmilar in London, United Kingdom

49 months ago

If you do beauty, be expected to be there a while i would say average is about 4-8 weeks, you have sooo much to learn. Hairdressers is different, only about a week!! I would say Massage therapists a little less as they have not so much to learn, but this is not always the case!! The classes are long, around 8 in the morning to 5 with a hour break, i didnt moan or anything,but it does get tiring and stressful, and because you have to study late at night, till about 1 in the morning, it does get tedious. If you dont study, you dont pass training. The training has got to be the most intense thing i have ever been through in my life, and im not overexaggerating, there was many tears and people leaving, but it is a experience. They say the cruise ships is so much more easier, and how i always think of it is its a few months out of your life, its nothing really!! the trainers are nasty, i had a nice one on my first week so wasnt too bad!! they will try to humiliate you,appearance is soo important, i wear a lot of makeup anyway so didnt find it a problem, but they will expect you everyday to wear a thick heavy face of makeup, bright eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, bronzer, and a very bright lipstick, if they turn round to you and say go and get a lipstick and you dont get one, they will flip out. hair has to be immaculate, donuts are the best things that will make you hair stay in place, i have really curly hair and it really helped. theres so much to speak about, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask me. hope this has helped some of you!!! x

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Thank you so much, this is all really helpful.. I must start studying the products, i find it a bit confusing tho because i dont no wat to learn and what to leave out, did u learn the sequences bit and the products section??

Becky Tindal in Dundee, United Kingdom

49 months ago

hi guys, i start at the academy on the 16th of July eeeeek!! anyone starting then or around that time?? my emails becky_tindal_06@hotmail.com or add me on fb if anyone wants a chat that would be great!! x

49 months ago

Oh thats really soon, u must be really excited?? Are u all set? :)

amy in United Kingdom

49 months ago

Hi Milaar, i start at the academy august 13th, so nervious i have been learning the elemis products for months, some go in and some don't. Are the trainers really that awfull?? what happens if you talk back, will you get kicked out?

Yann in Pontoise, France

49 months ago

Hello,

Is the fobwatch provided or do I need to buy it?
Becky, I will start the 16th. I will be at the YMCA in the beginning of the afternoon I think

Coleyduggs in Cork, Ireland

49 months ago

Hi guys does anyone start their training on the 17 th of september??!

49 months ago

Coleyduggs in Cork, Ireland said: Hi guys does anyone start their training on the 17 th of september??!

Yep i am, going over the 16th..

Coleyduggs in Cork, Ireland

49 months ago

LeanneM22 in Clare, Ireland said: Yep i am, going over the 16th..

oh verrrry good:) soooooo much to learn tho:/ kinda scared!!!! do you know of anyone else goin the same date?!

add me on fb if you want:) Nicole Duggan

Be brilliant to know a face when I get there:)

Małgorzta jania in Polska, Poland

49 months ago

Hi,

I start training in London on the 30 th of July? Anybody else starting around that time??;)

My email- gosiajania3@wp.pl

49 months ago

I no theres so much to do and learn its crazy.. Where did u have ur interview?? Ill add u on facebook, im leanne murphy on it.. I no nobody going over except for u now obviously :)

49 months ago

Coleyduggs in Cork, Ireland said: oh verrrry good:) soooooo much to learn tho:/ kinda scared!!!! do you know of anyone else goin the same date?!

add me on fb if you want:) Nicole Duggan

Be brilliant to know a face when I get there:)

I searched u on facebook to add u n realised i have no idea which 1 is u :)

49 months ago

Hi Rmilar,

You don't have any experience? Have you ever work in your profession? If you pass your test you can be sent home?Could you tell me how look like one day in Academy and what of treatmets beauty therapists do?

Gosia:)

49 months ago

Hi Rmilar,

You don't have any experience? Have you ever work in your profession? If you pass your test you can be sent home?Could you tell me how look like one day in Academy and what of treatmets beauty therapists do?

Gosia:)

coleyduggs in Enniscorthy, Ireland

49 months ago

LeanneM22 in Clare, Ireland said: I searched u on facebook to add u n realised i have no idea which 1 is u :)

hii Leanna sorry was gone offline last night!! my emails coleyduggs@hotmail.com

You might be able to find me through that:)

coleyduggs in Enniscorthy, Ireland

49 months ago

sorry ment Leanne not Leanna :)

49 months ago

I still cant seem to find u, try find me leanne murphy n my profile pic should be ov 3 girls faces.. Why do facebook make things so difficult :)

Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.