cruise ship jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1898)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Danni Ross in Brisbane, Australia

62 months ago

HI i have been invited to a STEINER cruise ship interview.. i have been in the industry 4 4yrs but i am only 19 and i am very worried about the interview dose anybody no what i am in 4 theroy test prac test etc what do they invole? PLEASE HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danni Ross in Brisbane, Australia

62 months ago

cburke777@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida said: DONT LISTEN TO ALL THAT NEGATIVE CRAP. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING FOR STEINER,AND HAVE BEEN CRUISING THE MEXICAN RIVIERA FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS. IT IS THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. IT IS THE SAME IN ANY JOB, WORK HARD, AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED. YOU ARE TREATED FAIRLY, AND THERE IS NOT A HUGE AMOUNT OF PRESSURE TO SELL. STEINER WANT YOU TO WORK ETHICALLY. AND IF YOU ARE BETTER AT GETTING YOUR CLIENTS TO COME IN FOR ANOTHER MASSAGE OR TREATMENT, THEN FOCOS ON THIS. SOMETIMES WE DO A WHOLE TEN DAY CRUISE AND SELL NOTHING. HOWEVER, I MAY END UP SEEING SEVERAL OF MY CLIENTS 3 TIMES. MY CLIENTS ACTUALLY THANK ME FOR NOT DOING THE HARD SELL ON THEM, AND RE BOOK ME BECAUSE OF THIS. IF YOU ARE SICK, YOU ARE SICK. IF YOU DONT ABUSE YOUR WORKING RIGHTS, YOU WILL BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING.

PLEASE HELP MY NAME IS DANNI I AM A BEAUTY THERAPIST I HAVE BEEN INVITED 4 A INTERVIEW WITH STEINER I AM ONLY 19 BUT HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY 4 4 YRS NOW BUT AM VERY WORRIES ABOUT INTERVIEW WAT AM I LOOKING AT ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Brisbane, Australia

62 months ago

cburke777@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida.... you have been Steinerized to the max lol

steiner are liers and glorified con artists. dont go it.

work on land and keep your sanity, respect and pride :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Christoffer Weihs in Trelleborg, Sweden

62 months ago

Emma in Brisbane, Australia said: cburke777@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida.... you have been Steinerized to the max lol

steiner are liers and glorified con artists. dont go it.

work on land and keep your sanity, respect and pride :-)

You seem to have inside information, please tell us more...

I dont intend to work for steiner, they dont employ male massage therapists and wont answer if its their policy or if they just have a surplus of male therapist. I doubt the latter since my impression is we are a minority in this business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

libby in Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom

62 months ago

k.k. in Reno, Nevada said: Wow.. I graduated as a C.M.T. for Nevada School of Massage Therapy in March. I recieved the invatation to go to London for job training then off to sea. I love to travel, Love to massage but I hate selling. I got into massage therapy because clients come in to relax and heal...they shut up and dont have much attitude...so therefor they dont trigger me to have an attitude. I have read all the comments on this page and im so nervous. I am to arrive in London Aug 10th. Its alot of money to get there and be comfortable...so every other day im thinking I can take all this money and go back home to California and work in spa. I havent bought my airline ticket to london yet... I have already injured myself from massaging before I started school. I hope I get a sign on what I should do. Everyone is telling me to go so I have no regrets. I am massaging now making 3,000 a month and Im not working hard, living comfortably and have freedom to do what ever i want....I sure I hope I get a sign! This was like a dream come true for me to get this job at Steiner...I caant wait for this dream to be over... HELP

Hi KK , Oh my god! Your comments are so so so close to how i am feeling right now!! I want to do it to have no regrets also! I am currently working at a 5 star salon in as a beauty Therapist ..... the only reason i want to go on a cruise ship is to earn lots of money! I am worried about the long hours and possible physical damage! I am not bothered with the partying but it seems that you need to drink to stay sane! I am 28 this year and need to money to save and then do a qualification in permanent cosmetics! Not having any expectations seems to be the name of the game eh!!! I need a sign too! xxx

johnnymorrison66 in London, United Kingdom

61 months ago

As a qualified massage therapist,reading all these comments, it seems a shame that someone who trains as a genuine massage therapist would in effect have to compromise their professional ethics. I guess though in all things there is always a trade off and I do think there is a difference between giving a quick 'rub over' in a spa environment and giving a more personalised therapy based treatment privately (with thorough consultations etc)since ultimately it is THE SPA dictating your treament and approach NOT the client's real needs. I think you would mentaly have to make this distinction to enable you to work in what appears to be a highly pressurised, commercial (selling products) environment. On a more practical level you can avoid a lot of injuries by learning to use some sports massage tecniches. This involves using your forearms for example to deliver long firm strokes. The benefit is the client gets a more effective, firmer massage and your fingers dont get injured! That's assuming you are allowed to vary any prescribed treatment that the company may insist upon. Seems like it down to this; you need to want the opprtunity to save and possibly have a good time and not focus on the compromises you may have to make. But hopefully anyone who has done /will do this work will remember when back on dry land to apply the theraputic approach in a more normal setting, as becoming a bad therapist would in the end be a greater loss than just having a bad experience on board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

johnnymorrison66 in London, United Kingdom

61 months ago

johnnymorrison66 in London, United Kingdom said: As a qualified massage therapist,reading all these comments, it seems a shame that someone who trains as a genuine massage therapist would in effect have to compromise their professional ethics. I guess though in all things there is always a trade off and I do think there is a difference between giving a quick 'rub over' in a spa environment and giving a more personalised therapy based treatment privately (with thorough consultations etc)since ultimately it is THE SPA dictating your treament and approach NOT the client's real needs. I think you would mentaly have to make this distinction to enable you to work in what appears to be a highly pressurised, commercial (selling products) environment. On a more practical level you can avoid a lot of injuries by learning to use some sports massage tecniches. This involves using your forearms for example to deliver long firm strokes. The benefit is the client gets a more effective, firmer massage and your fingers dont get injured! That's assuming you are allowed to vary any prescribed treatment that the company may insist upon. Seems like it down to this; you need to want the opprtunity to save and possibly have a good time and not focus on the compromises you may have to make. But hopefully anyone who has done /will do this work will remember when back on dry land to apply the theraputic approach in a more normal setting, as becoming a bad therapist would in the end be a greater loss than just having a bad experience on board.

Ohh, about avoiding injuries, I always remember my tutor shouting out 'Posture posture posture' during classes! Good posture is VITAL if you are going to be working long hours, It's amazing how many schools don't teach it or at least don't stress it enougth. It's hard to describe in writing but basically you need to widen your stance, bend knees and push hips forward it's very similar to a martial arts pose. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

pavolkabac in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

61 months ago

Hello, I've got a 4 years experience as a massage therapist. I'm trying to get the job on the ship. It is an expensive to get start? how is it on the interviu? It's really that much about sellings..? Wich company is the best? please some good requests...thank you..:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

pavolkabac in Edinburgh, United Kingdom said: Hello, I've got a 4 years experience as a massage therapist. I'm trying to get the job on the ship. It is an expensive to get start? how is it on the interviu? It's really that much about sellings..? Wich company is the best? please some good requests...thank you..:)

If you live in the UK and speak like you write I would not hire you for any job at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Dear Mr Weihs. Thank you for English lesson. If I gonna need good experienced English teacher I'll contact you. I think you've visited wrong page. I need experienced massage therapist who'll give me a good advice(please no teachers). Thank you. Please don't respond on my bad, desolate English language!!! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

pavolkabac in Edinburgh, United Kingdom said: Dear Mr Weihs. Thank you for English lesson. If I gonna need good experienced English teacher I'll contact you. I think you've visited wrong page. I need experienced massage therapist who'll give me a good advice(please no teachers). Thank you. Please don't respond on my bad, desolate English language!!! Thank you.

Well, language is kind of important when you deal with other people. I would never get a massage treatment from anyone I could not communicate properly with. The patient/costumer must trust you and be confident in that you understand what he/she wants. It´s an honest advice to learn the language wherever you are going to work.
What does "It is an expensive to get start?" mean?

If you manage to read this page there are links and names of companys that recruit, so another advice would be to do some research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mona in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

61 months ago

Hi, Christoffer!

Don't be so upset, on somebody that is doing their best to find a job and learn a new language. I'm sure they talk better than they write and in the end an accent, can be a good thing at least that what people tell me. ..."your accent is sooooooooooo cute". Wish you both a wonderful weekend!

Mona

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Mr Christofer,

I'm not green in this busyness. I'm working for 4 years, daily 5-10 clyents, so I now what is it about and i alwais find the way to say what I want to. Clyent choose his terapist because of good servis, no talking about weather.

thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Hello Mona,

Thank you...;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

pavolkabac in Edinburgh, United Kingdom said: Mr Christofer,

I'm not green in this busyness. I'm working for 4 years, daily 5-10 clyents, so I now what is it about and i alwais find the way to say what I want to. Clyent choose his terapist because of good servis, no talking about weather.

thank you.

I never doubted your skill as masseur, but the way you write and ask questions that are answerd just a few responses above you does not give a very good impression.
Im glad it works out for you and you dont have to chat about the weather, but you asked for "please some good requests" I cant be sure but my guess is you wanted some advice.

And still its an honest advice to improve your language skills, how are anyone going to take a CV and cover letter serious if it looks like its written by a 6 year old.

If you cant take criticism thats bad for you, if you have experience and good skills but rubbish english (or whatever language is spoken where you aply for a job) you are not going to be taken serious.

So please stop taking this as critique on you as a person but at your skills in the english language, wich is the 3:rd largest in the world so it might be good to have a good command of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mags in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

hi im a 22 year old female and i have an interview with steiners in 4 days for a beauty therapists position.has anyone got any good tips for the interview? im a bit nervous bout the public speaking part, is there cetain information i should not divulge in??any help would be great thanks.xxx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

márize in Aveiro, Portugal

61 months ago

amz_smurf in Longford, Ireland said: Hi..I am starting training in London on 3rd of August.. Anybody else going then? My beauty teacher worked for steiner for 4 years and yes, it was extremely hard work but she LOVED it.

Hello Amy!

My name is marisa, I'm a portuguese hairdresser.

I'm going to start also at august 3rd!

Please contact me at marisa.macedo@sapo.pt, put on the subject STEINER!

see you soon =)

61 months ago

This is the 1st time that i visit this "forum", and probably the last one!

I also would like to teel you all, that Steiner is like a normal job. Some may love all the jobs you also loved, and some may not.

Yes, they will push you VERY hard to sell, but don't forget, you are earning your comission as well! We do not have to play fool games! did you ever sell anything before at your previous job? Didn't you learn something new with each costumer? With steiner is the same! you have to adjust your selling tecnique, for each type of costumer! You are earning money doing that!

I know 3 massage therapists, that are already working with steiner (two of them, already at the second contract). And they were very pleased to encourage me!

They also refer, that the hardest part is the Steiner Academy! Don't worry, you'll stay there, probably no more than 4 weeks... Be prepared for terrible food and few sleeping hours...

At cruises, you can earn lots of money, you also can earn very few! That depends of many things... your cruise line, your costumers, your mood, but mostly your expectations!

In Portugal, our minimum salary is about 500USD. So that's why we do believe that earning 1000USD or more, is a very nice oportunity!

If you do have a nice job, with nice friends and family near you, please reconsider! Try to find some web steiners, that can give you a realistic point of few in your area. Has you may know, the salary is very different, from one cruise to another...

I wish you all good luck =)

I'm going to start this new life.. and you can follow it at www.terrassantina.blogspot.com

The blog is on portuguese language, but you can post in english, and I will try to answer to all your questions, as soon as possible!

"see the world with your own eyes"

;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I've been invited to
an interview for Harding Brothers company. Do you know this company?.....someone? please......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FitandFun in Toronto, Ontario

61 months ago

cburke777@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida said: DONT LISTEN TO ALL THAT NEGATIVE CRAP. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING FOR STEINER,AND HAVE BEEN CRUISING THE MEXICAN RIVIERA FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS. IT IS THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. IT IS THE SAME IN ANY JOB, WORK HARD, AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED. YOU ARE TREATED FAIRLY, AND THERE IS NOT A HUGE AMOUNT OF PRESSURE TO SELL. STEINER WANT YOU TO WORK ETHICALLY. AND IF YOU ARE BETTER AT GETTING YOUR CLIENTS TO COME IN FOR ANOTHER MASSAGE OR TREATMENT, THEN FOCOS ON THIS. SOMETIMES WE DO A WHOLE TEN DAY CRUISE AND SELL NOTHING. HOWEVER, I MAY END UP SEEING SEVERAL OF MY CLIENTS 3 TIMES. MY CLIENTS ACTUALLY THANK ME FOR NOT DOING THE HARD SELL ON THEM, AND RE BOOK ME BECAUSE OF THIS. IF YOU ARE SICK, YOU ARE SICK. IF YOU DONT ABUSE YOUR WORKING RIGHTS, YOU WILL BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING.

Hi There! Soooo glad to hear some positive feedback!! I'm looking at becoming a Fitness Director with Steiner and have been reading all these blogs! My interview is Sept 1st. You seem to have a realistic/hardworking opinion about Steiner....have you heard anything from the fitness people working with you? Are you going to do a 2nd contract?? Where are you based out of? My understanding is that you work 5.5 days and 1.5 days off.....is that true? Obviously with all the negative comments, I'm asking more direct questions...lol!
I'm a very hard worker....I've been training clients/teaching classes for several years and long hours are just part of what I do. That's not a big deal.
Do you have time to go to see things in the ports? Would love to hear if things are still great and if you are doing another contract....Thanks for the info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Hello! Each cruise has 1 or 2 fitness Directors.. That's why you'll have to work so many hours (that's what they said at my interview). At the academy, your training is one of the most difficults, while we go to the YMCA at 6:30pm for example, you may have to stay at the academy at 10:00pm ;)

Normally you'll have 1,5 day off, but depending on your results (and on your spa coleagues as well), you may have 3 mornings off or 1 day and another hours divided on another days..
Your manager will decide that!

Your day off will be always when you are at ports. So, yes, you'll have time to go travel =) Every night that the vessel is landed on a port, after your work, you are alowed to go out and visit watever you want.

Hope this will help =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

márize in Aveiro, Portugal said: Hello! Each cruise has 1 or 2 fitness Directors.. That's why you'll have to work so many hours (that's what they said at my interview). At the academy, your training is one of the most difficults, while we go to the YMCA at 6:30pm for example, you may have to stay at the academy at 10:00pm ;)

Normally you'll have 1,5 day off, but depending on your results (and on your spa coleagues as well), you may have 3 mornings off or 1 day and another hours divided on another days..
Your manager will decide that!

Your day off will be always when you are at ports. So, yes, you'll have time to go travel =) Every night that the vessel is landed on a port, after your work, you are alowed to go out and visit watever you want.

Hope this will help =)

Thanks for the info! Hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions:) Are you currently working on a ship? What is the pay structure? Commission only or base +? As a fitness director do you still get to actually train people and teach classes or is it more sales and admin? Do you share a cabin? I noticed that mgmt positions on some ships have single cabins.....not sure if director is considered mgmt?

What time does the spa/fitness centre open and close?

Have a great day....thanks again!

61 months ago

I'll start my training at YMCA London August 3rd.

But I get in touch with 3 steiners that are already at their second contracts!

Also, the responsible for Steiner recruitment Portugal and Spain, is a very acessible person, and I posted to her, all the questions that I had after the interview!

Go ahead with the questions!

Salary) Your salary is paid to you in form of comissions only. A fitness instructor will get 9% of everything he sales and does. All the classes, products and so on.. You'll get comissions after doing $35 (each day).

You'll have to take with you to the interview, your certificate that says that you're allowed to be a fitness instructor. You said "director", but I believe, if you never worked with Steiner before, you'll be a normal instructor and after your first contract (were you can be managent assistant) you'll get the oportunity to grow a litle more.

Everyone shares a cabin. You may have one to yourself, if your partner is leaving and you don't have another partner yet. But this is not normal. you may share it with 2, 3 persons. You also may share it with any spa employee.

I searched at my Steiner stuff and I didn't find it.. I'm not sure about the opening time of the spa. I believe that depends on the ship, but is about 6am, not sure...

Hope this will help =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angelina in Brierley Hill, United Kingdom

61 months ago

Hey well let me just say im 16 years old and i went to colege and i passed my course level 3 holistic therapy diploma, and indian head massage diploma. I have tried to get a job that envolves this but i cant find any any were. I thought i might work on a cruise ship be a great experiencefor me buti don't know if its the right thing to do as of my age. i was told that it' the best thing ever to work on a cruise ship then i was told it's the worst thing you could ever experience. I don't want to jump into anything straight away as i don't know what i am getting my self into...Can anyone help?

xx Angelina xx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

hello angelina!

You'll need work experience to be recruited, and after that, I believe your age wouldn't help either... But go to www.onespaworld.com and contact the agent of UK. Ask him about all your questions, and don't forget that you may enter to this "world" when you're older, loving it already!

My advice is, contact your college asking for some help to get a job, start working at home recruiting new clients such as your friends and family.. Start earning your money working 10, 12 hours per day! When you get a job, continue with your home clients and see for how many time you didn't mind to replace all your free time with the ones you love, for some extra coins...

Concerning your question about the cruises life.. In portugal we have a special food that is pigs ear! For me I would never eat that! But turists from all over the world, still trying and enjoying a lot!!! =P

We are all diferent!
Wait for your own opinions ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

márize in Aveiro, Portugal said: I'll start my training at YMCA London August 3rd.

But I get in touch with 3 steiners that are already at their second contracts!

Also, the responsible for Steiner recruitment Portugal and Spain, is a very acessible person, and I posted to her, all the questions that I had after the interview!

Go ahead with the questions!

Salary) Your salary is paid to you in form of comissions only. A fitness instructor will get 9% of everything he sales and does. All the classes, products and so on.. You'll get comissions after doing $35 (each day).

You'll have to take with you to the interview, your certificate that says that you're allowed to be a fitness instructor. You said "director", but I believe, if you never worked with Steiner before, you'll be a normal instructor and after your first contract (were you can be managent assistant) you'll get the oportunity to grow a litle more.

Everyone shares a cabin. You may have one to yourself, if your partner is leaving and you don't have another partner yet. But this is not normal. you may share it with 2, 3 persons. You also may share it with any spa employee.

I searched at my Steiner stuff and I didn't find it.. I'm not sure about the opening time of the spa. I believe that depends on the ship, but is about 6am, not sure...

Hope this will help =)

Thank you so much Marize! I really appreciate all the info....good luck with your training and would love to hear if you get any more info from your 3 people already on ships:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steph in Pompano Beach, Florida

61 months ago

ok so when it is said that u will have to share a cabin with anyone that works for the cruise/steiner w/e does that mean if ur female u might gotta share with a guy? gah!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

well i was just wondering. it didnt occur to me to check the sites before writing the q. u didnt have to be so unfriendly about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Steph in Pompano Beach, Florida said: well i was just wondering. it didnt occur to me to check the sites before writing the q. u didnt have to be so unfriendly about it.

No I didnt.
But now you know; same sex cabins. So no risk for guy-germs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

marize in Aveiro, Portugal

61 months ago

excuse me for the interruption, but I know a steiner girl that had to share her cabin with a male...

for few time I guess, but it did happen...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

hmm...i guess it is possible then. not sayin i wanna room with a guy. iv'e never done that so it would just be awkwardness or somethin.hmm..mabe that's y im all gah.hehe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

marize in Aveiro, Portugal said: excuse me for the interruption, but I know a steiner girl that had to share her cabin with a male...

for few time I guess, but it did happen...

I bet my left ball she was asked several times if it was OK before and she said yes if what you are saying is true even if I doubt it.
They would never force that upon anyone, and why is it the girl that HAD TO share with a male and not the male that HAD TO share with a female?

Since many americans work for steiner and other concessionaires its a whole different climate than here in europe with sexual harassment charges and similar witch the companys are very afraid of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I believe you don't have to bet anything, but maybe you don't need it anymore :P

so, imagine your first day on a vessel "well, we are afraid that for now you have to stay in a males room, not for so long, this is just temporary, and don't worry he's a great guy and will totally respect all your privacy"

I'm not eveen worried if you doubt my words =)

relax dude! I'm not here to teach anything to anyone, I'm just telling the stuff about steiner that I heard from real steiners, and search a little more too.

p.s. - sorry about my english! I'm afraid that I'm one of those that had been recruited with bad accent and spelling too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

My english is better since the first time I came to this forum! I met Amy, and as you can search here, we (me and her) are going to start at steiner academy at the same day! We are mailing each other since that day, that's why my english is better..

But ok, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.. it was just a joke, because it is not so good :P

I totally agree with you, when you say that the information tend to get distorted! I visited a facebook page where the title is "did life ship f*u*c*k up your life?" or something like that.. I almost want to "kill" every men that posted there how many girls they had, or how easy it was to get free s*e*x (I have to spell it, cause the forum don't allow those words!)..

I believe the ship life is like our other life, we'll find a litle bit of everything! Jirks included!

And I'm afraid that some stupied persons who doesn't get whatever they were thinking from this "world", are trying now to bling others.

About the cabins, I wouldn't like to share it with male coleagues... My boyfriend wouldn't like either... And yes, I probably would say that I prefer to sleep at the corridor while they try to arrange another free bed :P (joking!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Yes shiplife can mess you up if your not mentaly stable before, and I bet its those people that leave the comments you talk about.

I´ve never worked at a cruise ship but plenty of Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax at various positions and the people that come for what they think is easy cash and a flashy job dont last very long.

I bet (no balls) the ships i´ve worked on have little to campare with working on a cruise ship, we even had private cabins...

I wish you good luck with your career, I´ve got an offer outside the spa-department I might follow up on, just to get seabound again, so we might meet at the high sea, promise not to sound like an grumpy old fart if that happends

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mags in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

hey im starting with steiner in september dont know the exact date yet though cus im waiting on my starter pack, in the seminar the steiner recruitment team stress that there is no communal room sharing just female/female male/male rooms as they are alocated a certain number of rooms. i would definetly not be willing to share a room with a guy! i think it would be asking alot of any person to share with the opposite sex. i have a boyfriend and its gonna be hard enough going on the ships without him, imagine having to tell him i was sharing with a guy!!haha. anyone else starting in the academy in september?im a beauty n body therapist though not a massage therapist. i just stumbled across this site 2 weeks ago n it really helped me before my interview. xxx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Christoffer Weihs in Trelleborg, Sweden said: I wish you good luck with your career, I´ve got an offer outside the spa-department I might follow up on, just to get seabound again, so we might meet at the high sea, promise not to sound like an grumpy old fart if that happends

Thank you very much Christoffer =) I have no balls to bet :P but it seems quite difficult to be placed at the same ship as someone we (almost) know! But again! who knows? I hope you do a good life choice =)

to MAGS DUBLIN you will be surprised about the starter pack! it is something like 65 english pages about so many things.. I want to burn it, however, I didn't do it.. and now I know, in what floor the laundry is, and what are the taxi companies they recommend... ok.. I advise you to take a couple of drinks before start reading it! (lol) you're going to pass for one of the most difficult parts of the recruitment! When you’re over that, you'll receive the DVD with the things you have to know! For me hairdresser speaking, I have also to know all the body and face treatments... (????)
The good thing is that you had been recruited! I’ll be starting at august 2nd and don’t take me wrong, but I hope we don’t meet in person there! I’ll be one of the Steiner August nerds, and no pretending to stay more than 1month ;)
Wish you good luck!

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

Hi Mags, when and where have you done your interview ? mee too i got a position for the steiner company and i m waiting my steiner packet ... what are you thingh about all this unhappy comments??? for which position did you apply ??

mags in Dublin, Ireland said: hey im starting with steiner in september dont know the exact date yet though cus im waiting on my starter pack, in the seminar the steiner recruitment team stress that there is no communal room sharing just female/female male/male rooms as they are alocated a certain number of rooms. i would definetly not be willing to share a room with a guy! i think it would be asking alot of any person to share with the opposite sex. i have a boyfriend and its gonna be hard enough going on the ships without him, imagine having to tell him i was sharing with a guy!!haha. anyone else starting in the academy in september?im a beauty n body therapist though not a massage therapist. i just stumbled across this site 2 weeks ago n it really helped me before my interview. xxx

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

have you done your interview on the 28th june ???

mags in Dublin, Ireland said: hey im starting with steiner in september dont know the exact date yet though cus im waiting on my starter pack, in the seminar the steiner recruitment team stress that there is no communal room sharing just female/female male/male rooms as they are alocated a certain number of rooms. i would definetly not be willing to share a room with a guy! i think it would be asking alot of any person to share with the opposite sex. i have a boyfriend and its gonna be hard enough going on the ships without him, imagine having to tell him i was sharing with a guy!!haha. anyone else starting in the academy in september?im a beauty n body therapist though not a massage therapist. i just stumbled across this site 2 weeks ago n it really helped me before my interview. xxx

mags in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

yep i did it in dublin on the 28th? wer u at that interview??

mags in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

heya patty, i applied for beauty and body therapist. what about u?
when do ya think they will send the starter pack info? aw im just ignoring all the negative info, its prob just bitter people that havent been given a place, or just really lazy people that aren't willing to work hard for there money on the ships, like obviously 12 hour shifts is hard work, some people just think its gonna be a 9month holiday.haha.xxx

mags in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

marize in portugal: i have just been recruited by steiner and my only experience is as a mobile therapist, so you dont technically need experience!! it all just depends on ur luck with interviews and how good ur training is, so dont give out false information to hopeful candidates cus u will put them off applying. if you were talking about another company my apologies as i can only answer from my experience with steiner so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

márize in Ɓgueda, Portugal

61 months ago

Dear "mags",

My comments are based, on Portuguese recruitment! Here, to steiner, we have to apply with a valid certificate concerning the job we're pretending and we also have to prove our work experience at the same area! We don’t depend on lucky. At the interview, we depend on our curriculum, our appearance and how good we are selling ourselves.
If you let me, I would like to advice you, to moderate the way you express your opinion… other way, you will need more then lucky to triumph in this steiner world.
See you soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

hi Mags, yes i was there... i applied as receptionist position... and i got the job :-) so probality we gonna be together to London... i hope that we will get soon our Steiner packet,a list for have more information about it.

If you want we can change our e-mail adress and I soon i will have news i will be in contact with you.

in concern all this unhappy comments I don t know what thingh about it....there are to many..we just need to make this experience, try on our skin and than may be we will know what is true or not ....

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

hi Marize,how long we gonna wait before to get our steiner packet???

marize in Aveiro, Portugal said: Thank you very much Christoffer =) I have no balls to bet :P but it seems quite difficult to be placed at the same ship as someone we (almost) know! But again! who knows? I hope you do a good life choice =)

to MAGS DUBLIN you will be surprised about the starter pack! it is something like 65 english pages about so many things.. I want to burn it, however, I didn't do it.. and now I know, in what floor the laundry is, and what are the taxi companies they recommend... ok.. I advise you to take a couple of drinks before start reading it! (lol) you're going to pass for one of the most difficult parts of the recruitment! When you’re over that, you'll receive the DVD with the things you have to know! For me hairdresser speaking, I have also to know all the body and face treatments... (????)
The good thing is that you had been recruited! I’ll be starting at august 2nd and don’t take me wrong, but I hope we don’t meet in person there! I’ll be one of the Steiner August nerds, and no pretending to stay more than 1month ;)
Wish you good luck!

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

hi , sorry for all this question... but are you thingh that we can bring our lap top with us ???? I wish all the best for this experince ....

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

61 months ago

Hi Marize, thre is another point that I m still do not unterstanding : What happen if we are not get every day our target ??? on my interview there were not realy clear about it.. they just told to me : Dont worry you manager will take care of you !!! I belive that it will be more easy to sell for beautician,masseuse but what about our Receptionist ??? Imean our main duty it will be take appointment :-( .. unfortunately there is not any comments about reception position, do you know any one had this experience..have nice day

márize in Águeda, Portugal said: Hi Patty!

I don't know if that depends on your personal recruiter, but for me it was like this:

07.06.09 - Interview
12.06.09 – Interview result
15.06.09 – My starter date
18.06.09 – My starter packet
25.06.09 – Contract and DVD, by post

61 months ago

Hello Patty! Yes you can bring your lap! At YMCA there are spots with internet and in the ship, if you pay for it, you may use it from your cabin, with all privacy! It is not very expensive! For few bucks you also may have someone to clean your things at cabin (while you're at work).

I don’t know much about the job you’re applying for.. But I believe you’re in charge not only for the appointments! There are some treatments that you can also provide and besides, don’t forget that while the costumer is paying services, there is a lot of retail you can do!

The targets are discussed with all team I believe… At first, your manager will help you, and then probably, you’ll find the best way to successes!

I believe you should write down some doubts you still have, and send it to your recruiter!
No one is going to judge you for that.
When your answers are based on “someone told me” you really should think about it!

Good luck for you too! And let me know if you need any help!

Heather Fickett in Newton, Massachusetts

60 months ago

Hello Everyone!

I will have an interview was a massage therapist in September and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect. I've had experience in day spa's as well as the Ritz Carlton Spa in Orlando, Florida. Any comments are extremely helpful! Thanks!!!

Patty in Dublin, Ireland

60 months ago

Hy Mags, do you have any news from Steiner ?? have you got your Steiner Packet ??? I didnt receive any thingh yet :-(

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.