Tips for mds coordinator interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming mds coordinator interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary B in Clearwater, Florida

83 months ago

Know the mds terminology. The best way to prepare is to get the mds/rai manual and read it. terminology like pps, rai, raps, qi and qm are all important to the mds position. Another good way to prepare is to view the potential candidate on ahca nursing home watch list from there you can see their quality indicators/quality measures and recent survey results which are all drawn from MDS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Brandon, Florida

70 months ago

Hi Mary. Have you heard of the best way to get MDS certified? Thank you so much for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

THE MDS TOTAL PACKAGE in Lake Elsinore, California

68 months ago

One thing that helps in any job in long term care is to go online to the nursing home compare and look at their survey results and see if your position could be used in any way to improve their survey results.

I have used this in an MDS interview, when I told them that I had looked up their quality indicators and I thought I could help improve the next posting they were really impressed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

carollvn in Rockwall, Texas

62 months ago

I am interested in the mds postion I have one yr expierience in Mds pps . just started doing care planning on pc have been to state inservices and company inservices .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.