CAREER CHANGE: ME with Experience in Consulting Engineering: Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing looking for a career change.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

valderrama in Beaverton, Oregon

2 months ago

I graduated back in 2007 with a BSME. I have worked in different small and well known big companies in HVAC design, energy efficiency and factory sustaining. I was recently laid off because of not very smart moves taken in the past from our big semiconductor manufacturing client in Oregon. I am eagerly looking for a career change within the mechanical engineering field. I would love to go into product design, even if it's and entry level position and even if my salary sharply drops. All I care is the chance of learning and developing my skills from there.As hard as I try, it has been impossible to get into the field. I have had interviews here and there, but with no luck. I am very proficient using SolidWorks, as a matter of fact I am getting a Solidworks certificate, that maybe could help my chances (?). Also I know how to use different thermal analysis software. I would love to hear opinions and if possible advice from others. I appreciate any comment you might add.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.