Entry Level Mechanical Engineering

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

cwei510 in El Cerrito, California

58 months ago

Hi, I graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering June 2009 and have been jobless eversince. I had one internship using AutoCAD and passed the EIT. Are there any firms hiring entry level engineers in california?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dhua in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

:/ In same situation as you. Was hoping for some replies to this thread. I guess things should be looking better for us now that Spring is coming up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keegan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

54 months ago

I graduated in 2007, worked for about a year, then the company shutdown due to the economy, and haven't found a job since. I don't mind moving anywhere, but there are so many engineers out there who have way more experience than I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kalyan in Arlington, Virginia

54 months ago

so what are the initial steps I have to do to get a job in U.S. I meant that I have to learn any courses or any other things to do. can you give me any suggestions.
Thank you,
bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keegan in Minneapolis, Minnesota

54 months ago

I would think that guys on this forum with more experience can give you a better insight. But I would probably keep up with the various types of softwares, etc. maybe also take the FE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

zach@firstnationalplaza.net in Duluth, Minnesota

47 months ago

Mechanical engineer able to stamp drawings HVAC & VRFZ any interest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Provo, Utah

21 months ago

httThank you for sharing your experience! I'm looking to be a mechanical engineer in Calgary (www.hemisphere-eng.com/) but I have to get into the program first. I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick it as my major but everyone I've heard from that did it loved it. I'm really excited now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.