Medical Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (451) - Start a Discussion

tera riley in Atlanta, Georgia

No Job and graduated with a associates degree!!!!!!!!!

I graduated school with a gpa of 3.6 I did extern and didnt get hired for reason of job freeze i pass my resume out everywhere and still haven't got...

Shelly Roach in Farmington, Maine

Updated 46 months ago

need a job - 1 Reply

i'm 17 and i need a job in the medical field please help!

dmcdonald in Tampa, Florida

Updated 46 months ago

externship - 1 Reply

I really need to find a externship areas

Lakeisha_21 in Newport News, Virginia

Updated 46 months ago

Anyone know of an agency that hires Medical Assistants with no exp? - 1 Reply

Been trying to find a job or even volunteer work for the past 2 years and nada... I even stop trying to look for one since theres nothing out there...

nursey

medical assistant...???

I find it deplorable that a so-called accredited school would take the money of a 50 year old woman with no teeth, and obvious autistic manners, who...

suzanne in Forest Hills, New York

Updated 46 months ago

Medical Assist jobs in Canada - 4 Replies

I am planning on studying to become an MA soon. The only problem is that I may move to Canada after my education. Do they have MA jobs in Canada or...

KAT in Porter, Texas

Updated 46 months ago

can medical assistants start off at least $15/hr? - 1 Reply

i just enrolled into this school to be a medical assistant.i did some researches on the internet and it's sited that say MA's make $29,000 on the...

RobD in Puyallup, Washington

Updated 47 months ago

Medical Assistant Degree - 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I am currently going to school for Medical Assisting, but the school is not accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP. I...

Katrina in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania

Pursuing Medical Assistant

I am going to school to be a medical assistant. I do not have much work expierience besides my position at a local horse stable. I'm very interested...

creole07 in Snoqualmie, Washington

Updated 48 months ago

whats going on ?? - 2 Replies

I finished school in April 2010 & I still cant find a job I have different resumes I put out and still nothing ..can sombody please help, maybe some...

SLynn72 in San Diego, California

Updated 48 months ago

Certification by fire - 2 Replies

I have 24 years experience as a medical assistant for a group of 4 family physicians. These fine physicains trained me in phlebotomy, procedures, ie:...

Paul in Tampa, Florida

Employment locations for Med. Asst.

I recently graduated from a local tech school and received a diploma for Medical Assistant. I don't think I'll have much luck finding employment in a...

Jeanie in Salida, California

Is this the best MA discussion site on the web?

Allnurses.com is great for nurses, is this the most popular one for MAs? - Thanks!

mm09 in Baltimore, Maryland

medical assistant did i make the right choice

I graduated a year ago and Iam still stuck at my same old job. granted it is in the home health field but dont you think that should account for...

Ruth in Springfield, Missouri

Updated 49 months ago

My externship - 2 Replies

I just finished my MA training at Remington college in Little Rock, AR. Placement finally found me a place to be an extern in a walk in facility...

Gabi in Bridgeport, Connecticut

Medical Assisting in NYC?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this so if I should add any more details let me know. I'm currently interested in becoming a Medical Assistant, and...

CMA in El Cajon, California

What happened to ACR, Inc Academy of Health Professions on Hercules St in La Mesa California?

I went to school to there, and they have vanished off the face of the earth, I need to find out if they were accredited for a job with the military...

korin in Beverly, New Jersey

Updated 50 months ago

CMA vs. RDA??? - 6 Replies

I am considering going to school for either MA or RDA (Registered Dental Assistant). I guess it's really hard to find a medical assistant...

tshaw in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 51 months ago

new job - 2 Replies

I obtain my diploma as an medical assistant in 1996 worked at a small clinic for 2 years no verifiable experience clinic close down , I got my cna...

j4reel81@yahoo.com in Arlington, Texas

Updated 51 months ago

NRCMA - 1 Reply

If you have let your NRCMA expire do you have to test all over again or can you just pay for the years that you were not certified for and get things...

USA1 in Elmhurst, New York

Updated 51 months ago

Medical Assisting Opportunites - 1 Reply

I, like so many here have recently finished schooling for Medical Assisting and have been job hunting since March 2009. I have my AMT Registered...

Lissette in Orlando, Florida

Updated 51 months ago

Contra Costa Medical Career College - 4 Replies

Hey, I would like to know if anyone who attended the MA program had a positive experience or what to expect overall - if I'm not wasting my...

maricar in Lodi, New Jersey

Updated 51 months ago

My MA school isn't CAAHEP accredited, but they make us think we can take the test? - 1 Reply

I've been going to Anthem Institute in Springfield, PA, I will be done in another month. Problem is that they aren't CAAHEP or ABHES (?) accredited...

ginger robbins in Lakeland, Florida

Updated 51 months ago

561 - 2 Replies

Look at the AAMA website. This is the most prestigious organization. Guess what everyone can't join, because the school you attend has to be...

ndieck in Washington, District of Columbia

Looking to Interview Current/Past Army Medical Personnel

An independent script-writer based in Chicago is seeking to interview current and recently-discharged members of the Army Medical Corps, Dental...

Erica in Temecula, California

Updated 52 months ago

Finding a job in Temecula,CA or nearby cities - 10 Replies

I am having the hardest time finding a job in the Temecula area. I have had 6 months of previous experience but I know that I am very skilled in this...

melissa in Copperopolis, California

Medical Assistant school

Does anyone know if an ROP school for medical assisting is as good to attend as a private trade school, such as Heald College? thanks

ginger robbins in Lakeland, Florida

Okay everyone. First you have to take the low paying jobs to get your experience. Then you have to get certified by the AAMA. This will get you...

Jobhuntsucks in Atlanta, Georgia

Getting a Job is mainly based on who you know

I received a medical assisting diploma in 1990. It wasn't a requirement to become certified. There are people I know that are and there job search...

ecasti in Reedley, California

Updated 53 months ago

HELP! Have externship interview at Kaiser next week! Need to prepare! - 5 Replies

Hello, I need to prepare for a group interview for an MA externship at Kaiser. Has anyone already gone through the process? Any tips or questions I...

fiftyone in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 53 months ago

What is the difference between a Diploma program and a Certificate program for MA's? - 6 Replies

My son is interested in attending Sanford Brown's MA Certificate program and I am trying to do some research before he pays $13K for something that...

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 53 months ago

medical assistant interview - 2 Replies

i need a medical assistant to interview. if you have at least ten minutes to hear me out. I'd appreciate it. thank you

Updated 54 months ago

seasoned medical assistant advice - 1 Reply

Hello, I was wondering if any seasoned medical assistants have any tips for an entry level ma. My first day is on monday

Updated 54 months ago

Disgruntled MA - 1 Reply

I have been an MA since august, and it's the same sad story! I am also a licensed Esthetician of 10 yrs, and figured becoming an MA would better my...

Updated 54 months ago

medical assistant exam - 1 Reply

Do anyone in the jonesboro/atlanta area know of someone who tutors or help people review for the medical assistant exam? I could use a little help...

Updated 54 months ago

Finding a job as a medical assistant - 2 Replies

It is just as hard finding a job as a medical assistant in Ohio just like everywhere else. They all want you to have atleast a year of experience...

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

Updated 55 months ago

Medical Assistant Job-Fort Wayne, In - 1 Reply

Recent Grad, with Certification in billing and Coding as well as Medical Assistant Would like help with getting a job.

manekhineko in Brea, California

I just graduated UCI and need any entry level back office position out there! HELLPP (Temecula/Murrieta)

Hi there, So I am having a tough time finding a position that can give me hands on medical experience (since hours are required to apply to PA...

Matt in Layton. in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 55 months ago

Medical Assisting as a Career - 4 Replies

Hi all! I am seriously looking into becoming a CMA. I've looked into becoming an LPN/RN & I just don't think it's for me. And although the money...

Jm1028 in Columbus, Ohio

Medical assisting tips

Hello I recently graduated a few months ago. I landed a job shortly after but got let go due to lack of experience. It was a very busy office and...

Updated 55 months ago

Medical Assistanting not working out.... - 1 Reply

I'm a RMA and I graduated a few years ago.I worked a few jobs after I graduated. Now that I'm not working it's so hard to find a job now especially...

Lemondreams in Hinsdale, Illinois

Updated 55 months ago

what is the age requirements to be a medical assistant in illinois? - 1 Reply

i'm 17 and my externship will be before i turn 18. i want to know if i'll be able to work right away or have to wait until i am 18 to start the...

patty in Dallas, Texas

Updated 56 months ago

Medical Assistant field - 1 Reply

Iam a 47 yr ago mother of two, who looking for a good school go to to be tain as a medical assistant. I hope ian not to old to get started in this...

RA in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 56 months ago

a job as a medical assistant - 3 Replies

hope its worth the training to be a medical assistant

jemolsmincey in Merrick, New York

Updated 56 months ago

medical assistant jobs - 2 Replies

annette been aplying for medical assistant jobs when I graduate and before.no one will hire new graduate but I had 15 yrs. experience as a certified...

paul in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 56 months ago

surgical technologist - 2 Replies

surgical technologist make more from 46,000 to 66,000 dollars a year but you must be graduate from a caahep in order to register for the NBSTB you...

Addie D. Like in Saint Louis, Missouri

Updated 57 months ago

What can I do to land a medical assistant job? - 2 Replies

I graduated last year in july and have yet to find employment. Is there anything I can get? Any certifications I can attain? Would contacting a temp...

cheryl Cayce in Royal Oak, Michigan

looking for medical/Office Assitant jobs

i have went to two school for Medical Assiting office room back and front room work. and I cannot get a job. I just need to volunteer just to get in...

Lou in Otsego, Michigan

Updated 57 months ago

What is it like being a medical assistant? A family member of mine is thinking of becoming one. How do you find a good school? - 1 Reply

There really isn't that many programs around here. Everest Institute is expensive and I don't think that great of a school. Do you have to have...

mary breheny in Shoreham, New York

who s hiring a experienced med tech?

I was trained a medical office by highly qualified nurses doctors and xraytechs at long Island Family Medical in new york. I worked there for close...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.