Can I apply for MA Jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

PnkPnk in Pico Rivera, California

24 months ago

I completed my CNA certification but after my clinical rotations in a LTC center I'm thinking medical office is more my style.

If I have my CNA, am a certified phlebotomist, have passed medical terminology and have an extensive administrative background could I apply for a MA position even though I'm not "officially" a medical assistant? I'm also a nursing student.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

torils in Poughkeepsie, New York

23 months ago

I'm a Certified Medical Assistant, who use to be a CNA. A CNA does not have the required skills to be a Medical Assistant, they are two different skill levels with totally different scopes of practice. If you have an interest in Medical Assisting I suggest you look into an accredited school and apply. I hope this answered your question. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria Paul in Vancover, British Columbia

20 months ago

You could try applying anyways. Or call a doctor's office to see if they would make an exception for you. However, certification is usually looked for in the hiring process, and I think with your extensive background in the healthcare industry, studying for an online course will be a breeze (even though it will cost you money that may seem unnecessary given you background).
www.careerstep.ca/medical-administrative-assistant-job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.