Can clinical medical assistants find jobs easily?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

MinhY in Oakland, California

61 months ago

Hello, everyone!
I plan to take Clinical Medical Assisting program at San Joaquin Valley College. I think that Medical Assisting is a cool career. However, I don't like clerical or administrative work. Do you think I give myself less chance to be hired when I'm only trained for the clinical aspect of this career? Should I accept to study
administrative aspect of it too? Please help me! I'm willing to listen to any opinion. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

CLD in Pleasanton, California

36 months ago

Either way, you most likely will have to do a good amount of administrative tasks if you are a medical assistant, even if you are a Clinical medical assistant. I sort of had the same idea and feelings myself about becoming a medical assistant (wanting to do the clinical work yet not the paperwork)but I sincerely think that the clinical part is for when you might need to do something medically related, it's not the majority of the job. The job is actually mostly filing and paperwork with some clinical stuff on the side. Some jobs have a good opportunity for a lot of clinical tasks (at my college, the medical assistant in the school nurses office gets to draw blood and do injections) but the majority of tasks in most MA jobs will be administrative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.