EVERY JOB REQUIRES EXPERIENCE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 208)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

RegisteredMA in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

eklannoo in Detroit, Michigan said: Just a friendly F.Y.I. I graduated high school in 1971. Trying to find my first job was difficult because: Everyone wanted experience. Wanting experienced workers is as old as payment for jobs. WAY back in the day people , men, would trade for labor . You have something I want and I have something you want. They worked out a deal. Eventually men were working for cash payment. As the need rose for laborers and the amount of laborers looking for work rose there were more men looking for jobs than there was work available. Now the employer could choose whom he wanted working for him. Over time employers were able to be picky about who he hired. Training new employees cost money and time. So if a potential employee already had experience then he was awarded the position over the guy without experience.
If you needed to hire someone to help you with a task would you want the person without experience or the person with? My suggestion, not that it matters, is to find an employment agency such as Kelly Services , an agency that places medical personnel. It so happens that Kelly Services does. Volunteer in hospitals and homes for the elderly. Gain some sort of experience anyway you can. And do not be picky about where or when you work or picky about the tasks required. Good Luck.

Kelly Services in Arizona they are useless. I kept calling them for almost everyday but seems like there's no job out there. Went to the office and found out that they don't accept MA at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RegisteredMA in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

Real people with no jobs, we are not whining in this forum. We are just telling what our frustrations of not getting a job. I am one of them and I'm not whining here. I have kids and I need to pay my bills and need to buy our basic needs. Been applying online and job hunting since 2010. Being jobless is not fun.

To everybody that still looking for job I hope somebody will give us a chance. I am so ready for the opportunities to come but still I keep applying online and keeps receiving that they hired somebody elses with experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MAtoRN in Sacramento, California

27 months ago

Man..I just wanted to wish all you guys luck I pray we all get jobs...I just took my certification test and I have been looking for a job for awhile...day in and day out...But if no one calls me back I will be dressing up in my white scrubs and handing out resumes...because its getting rough man..Bless all of you guys..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shirley Byers in Decatur, Georgia

27 months ago

I make many mistakes and refret doing alot of thing in my life, but I'm certainly wasted my last two years on MA. People we need to sign contract that gurantees at least interview. I can't even get my feet inside the door due to lack of experience. Peolpe wise up this is just wasting of my time and not to mention the money you are stuck with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Betsy21 in El Cajon, California

27 months ago

Those MA's classes are fraud. People do not take those kinds of classes and if you get a teacher that spends her time mostly rambling about her experiences instead of teaching that's a sign that she's a bad teacher. I took a MA class back in 1997 and did I learn enough? No! Half the class sued the school, we only got half our money back, half of $6000 but the teacher got fired. Here I am working in retail now making minimum wage. There was another teacher in that school who also taught a MA class but she could really teach, makes a difference. Then you have to find an employer that will take a chance on you because you really have no experience what so ever.
Find a clinic that will take students, if you can take vitals it's a start, also take a Phlebotomy Class to get a certificate because a MA class only gives you the basics, and further your education. It's a great field just get your education and you will have great career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Layton, Utah

27 months ago

Betsy21 in El Cajon, California said: Those MA's classes are fraud. People do not take those kinds of classes and if you get a teacher that spends her time mostly rambling about her experiences instead of teaching that's a sign that she's a bad teacher. I took a MA class back in 1997 and did I learn enough? No! Half the class sued the school, we only got half our money back, half of $6000 but the teacher got fired. Here I am working in retail now making minimum wage. There was another teacher in that school who also taught a MA class but she could really teach, makes a difference. Then you have to find an employer that will take a chance on you because you really have no experience what so ever.
Find a clinic that will take students, if you can take vitals it's a start, also take a Phlebotomy Class to get a certificate because a MA class only gives you the basics, and further your education. It's a great field just get your education and you will have great career.[/QUO Hello, Who the hell do you think you are. That's the problem with most people that get on here they go to school and when they find a job they come on here and complain that they can't find a job. Well if you would quit wasting your time on here you would be able to find a job. You get what you put into it. Looking for a job is a science in it self. You need to get out there and put in your applications in all over the place, no one can do it for you but you.

27 months ago

Hello Mr. Matt:

Why so angry? I did continue my education but it wasn't enough education, I could not afford it. Who the hell do think you are? You must be some little punk, grow up! I was saying that if you just keep up with your education and take classes that are needed you can find a good job. Some teachers just want to make a buck but don't have any skills to teach.

And to you Mr. Matt: Learn some manners. I am not on my computer all the time, I have a family to support and I do have a job. So don't go around judging people. Well got to go, got to put dinner on the table.
Poor Matt are you stressed? Poor boy. Go find a job.

27 months ago

Betsy 21, First of all, I wanted to say I'm sorry about my comment earlier today. That was wrong of me. The reason for my point is as follows a lot of people that come on here are always complaining about how they can't find a job after they get out of school, and I'm saying you are one of these people...but a lot of them come on here and say they didn't learn anything in school & that they blame their instructors for their not being able to find work in their chosen filed. They are the ones that give up to easily, yes I know we are in tough times & we need to get to working and that we are have a lot of computation out there with other people in our same position. I was in the U.S. ARMY for 20 + years, I was a Combat Medic and I've seen my share of some very traumatic things in my career, and when I came home and was looking for a job in my filed of expertize, I was not able to find one, because people were afraid of me, because of what I can do and did do. I wanted to stay in Medicine and so I went back to school I pushed forward very hard...I freaked my instructors out because I was way ahead of the other students. I never missed a day of school, and I've gotten all kinds of awards, and a perfect 4.0. It took me 3 months after I have graduated to find employment I'm now 50 years old and I'm still working. I'm proud to say that I'm a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA). I not saying anybody is a bad Medical Assistant, all I'm saying is if want something bad enough, you've got to work hard & push yourself beyond the limits that bind you down. It can be done. You need to set yourself apart from the rest, and be the best of the best. Have a good night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Matt, NCMA in Layton, Utah said: Betsy 21, First of all, I wanted to say I'm sorry about my comment earlier today. That was wrong of me. The reason for my point is as follows a lot of people that come on here are always complaining about how they can't find a job after they get out of school, and I'm not saying you are one of these people...but a lot of them come on here and say they didn't learn anything in school & that they blame their instructors for their not being able to find work in their chosen field. They are the ones that give up to easily, yes I know we are in tough times & we need to get to working and that we are have a lot of computation out there with other people in our same position. I was in the U.S. ARMY for 20 + years, I was a Combat Medic and I've seen my share of some very traumatic things in my career, and when I came home and was looking for a job in my field of expertize, I was not able to find one, because people were afraid of me, because of what I can do and did do. I wanted to stay in Medicine and so I went back to school I pushed forward very hard...I freaked my instructors out because I was way ahead of the other students. I never missed a day of school, and I've gotten all kinds of awards, and a perfect 4.0. It took me 3 months after I have graduated to find employment I'm now 50 years old and I'm still working. I'm proud to say that I'm a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA). I not saying anybody is a bad Medical Assistant, all I'm saying is if you want something bad enough, you've got to work hard & push yourself beyond the limits that bind you down. It can be done. You need to set yourself apart from the rest, and be the best of the best. Have a good night.

Hi there, Before you think I'm an idiot, I know I made some typos and I do apologize in advance

27 months ago

Matt, NCMA in Layton, Utah said: Betsy 21, First of all, I wanted to say I'm sorry about my comment earlier today. That was wrong of me. The reason for my point is as follows a lot of people that come on here are always complaining about how they can't find a job after they get out of school, and I'm not saying you are one of these people...but a lot of them come on here and say they didn't learn anything in school & that they blame their instructors for their not being able to find work in their chosen field. They are the ones that give up to easily, yes I know we are in tough times & we need to get to working and that we are have a lot of computation out there with other people in our same position. I was in the U.S. ARMY for 20 + years, I was a Combat Medic and I've seen my share of some very traumatic things in my career, and when I came home and was looking for a job in my field of expertize, I was not able to find one, because people were afraid of me, because of what I can do and did do. I wanted to stay in Medicine and so I went back to school I pushed forward very hard...I freaked my instructors out because I was way ahead of the other students. I never missed a day of school, and I've gotten all kinds of awards, and a perfect 4.0. It took me 3 months after I have graduated to find employment I'm now 50 years old and I'm still working. I'm proud to say that I'm a National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA). I not saying anybody is a bad Medical Assistant, all I'm saying is if you want something bad enough, you've got to work hard & push yourself beyond the limits that bind you down. It can be done. You need to set yourself apart from the rest, and be the best of the best. Have a good night.

Hi there, Before you think I'm an idiot, I know I made some typos and I do apologize in advance

Anonymous in Moreno Valley, California

27 months ago

The best thing you can do for yourself is to be informed.

Check this report out, it may shed some light on the next thing you need to do for yourself and family, and it's definitely none of your fault that you don't have a job. The market is over saturated.

This is taken from a report on information gathered during the 2009 academic year on for-profit schools and health care job needs. You can read the full report here:
www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/01/pdf/for_profit_health_care.pdf

"Medical assistants
One cannot possibly discuss the role of proprietary colleges in health care fields
without talking about medical assisting. Medical assistants are becoming an indispensable part of the modern health care facility. They fill both administrative and
clinical roles. For-profit colleges produce tens of thousands of medical assistants
each year. Surely the work they do in this area is important. The problem is that
they may be producing too many of them.
The projected need for medical assistants by 2018 is just less than 218,000. There
were almost 88,000 degrees and certificates in medical assisting produced in the
2008-09 academic year alone. More than 77,000 of these were awarded at forprofits. It seems likely that at the current rate of training, a surplus of individuals
will be qualified for these jobs by 2018. And at for-profit colleges 88 percent of the
credentials produced in medical assisting are certificates.
These numbers lead to questions as to whether colleges should be encouraging
students to go into medical assisting programs and at what level. We know little
about the difference in outcomes between a certificate-level program and an
associate-level program in medical assisting or any other field. What skills are
conferred with the associate’s but not the certificate? Are these necessary for the
occupation or for career and educational advancement? "

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Moreno Valley, California

27 months ago

It goes on to further say, nursing has many more job openings and pays a higher salary if you want to go for a registered nursing position...

It may be a safer option for those who can go that route.

Anne G. in Orlando, Florida

27 months ago

I was thinking about going to an MA training program at a vocational school. It's only about $4,000 for the entire program and they say they have an 82% placement rate. But I'm beginning to think it's pointless since all of the job ads state "minimum of 1 year experience required, bilingual required, etc". I don't want to work for a temp agency. I've worked for agencies in the past (for clerical jobs) and they treated me like dirt. They lie and post fake ads just get people to come in, they treat you like you are disposable and fire you from a job site for no reason at all. I don't see how Medical Assisting is the fastest-growing career when it is harder to break into than Fort Knox! How do people get started in this field? I don't get it. I don't want to be an LPN or an RN since I don't want to wipe people's bottoms. I don't want to be a receptionist and answer phones for 8 hours a day.

Stephanie in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

Inex in Henderson, Nevada said: I'm really dissapointed to , all the time got nothing !! And when u ask for help they don't help u and now what can we do with a certificate that it's not worth anything

Hello:
Yes I just graduated last month and all the opening I find they are looking for experience people and it get sad, because I just did something I love to do, going to school and get a degree and I can't find any job. Maybe if I can get a volunteer job to get experience, but I need to get paid to paid my bill. I don't know what else to do.

26 months ago

Hello:
Yes I just graduated last month and all the opening I find they are looking for experience people and it get sad, because I just did something I love to do, going to school and get a degree and I can't find any job. Maybe if I can get a volunteer job to get experience, but I need to get paid to paid my bill. I don't know what else to do.

Worker Bee in Brentwood, Tennessee

26 months ago

Anonymous in Moreno Valley, California said: It goes on to further say, nursing has many more job openings and pays a higher salary if you want to go for a registered nursing position...

It may be a safer option for those who can go that route.

Nursing way oversold this "shortage" they've been screaming about. Many places have over hired and have now cut back. The nursing profession as a whole has way way too many administrators compared to actual care-givers. I've seen some small hospitals in middle America no better than larger cities with regards to creating little nursing kingdoms. But to be a fresh new grad off the street looking for a job? Now? Forget about it. If you want a health field with a legitimate shortage look into EEG.

Two year programs, lots of neuro-anatomy to learn. Not an easy way to go but doable if you're smart, and lots of jobs for people who know what they're doing. Way harder than a lot of things like Xray and such. But good employment outlook.

26 months ago

I agree with Worker Bee, there are just too many MA's. I never got a job as a medical assistant. I continued my studies and became a Clinical Scientist. Great job. What I hated was all the promises I got from United Education Institute about how they would find a job for me. When you graduate from a school like this they only teach you the basics. It's a shame but thinking about it how can you learn so much in such a short time.

Go Getter in Beardstown, Illinois

25 months ago

mrstudious in Ohio said: It is indeed a sorry state of affairs. It is true that everyone wants to hire an 'experienced' person over a fresher, but if we are not given a chance how will we become experienced?

www.collegeinfo.com/

Companies can use that excuse anytime there are too many applicants for their open positions. The sad fact is that you may be in the wrong job field. If you have the aptitude look into what Worker Bee was talking about.

If you're in a job field with lots of openings you won't get this excuse of only hiring experienced workers. A good viable job field will have openings for newbies, many of whom will have jobs waiting for them before they graduate.

koky in Scarborough, Ontario

25 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

This is true, same what happened to me. I was told the MOA is in the demand in the Market, since I graduated in November 2011, until now I couldn't find a job. I guess it's whom you know.

25 months ago

Yes is true. I just graduated in June 2012 and all the job I am applying for they ask 1 to 2 yrs experience, so what I am doing now is work as a volunteer in the Hospital and I will get experience. Right now I am looking for a job like Receptionist or clerk in clinic till I get all the experience I can get to get a job as a medical assistant.

Linda in Pasadena, Texas

25 months ago

I attended college for A medical receptionist and that was back on 2009.I did my extership and I also didn't get hired there
I refuse to give up, but it is true it gets depressing at times. All of the hard work and commitment you put into your education really feels like time wasted. Not to mention the student loans u have to pay back!!

suzy in New Paltz, New York

25 months ago

Angelap--after 12 years experience as EMT, 6 years Medical Assistant followed by 4 as office manager in a clinic, I am out of work and 100 other applicants applying for jobs as M.A. everywhere I apply. Even WITH extensive experience, it's hard to find a job. If you learned phlebotomy, you can find jobs doing only that, and if it's in a hospital, not only great experience, but you can move to other departments from there. Otherwise, if you are young, your studies will not have been in vain if you can pursue LPN. It's a logical progression and you will have more job ops. They are hiring LPNs to save money they might have to pay an RN, doing basically the same work. EMT is also amazing work, but need to be physically fit and not for the faint of heart.

25 months ago

I just graduated in June of this year and I can't find any job yet. All the job it required 2 to 3 yrs of experience. Si I'm not worry anymore, I just going to start doing volunteer on Hospitals to get more experience and what I'm doing that, I just work on something else. is like this Certificate of medical Assistant is not helping at all.

25 months ago

Nope I did not.

cpersard in Woodbridge, Virginia

24 months ago

I have graduated in 2004 I haven,t gotten a job as a medical assistant I happened to work with the seniors in assisting living. I felt I have wasted my time and the money which I have to pay back, I have relocated to Woodbridge VA, I haven't given up on looking hoping an Organization/facility would give an opportunity. If anyone that knows someone in the Northern Virginia area thats needs a MA I am hard working eager to learn and want to grow with a medical practice.

Brain Harry in Mumbai, India

24 months ago

funketemi in Canyon Country, California said: IT'S JUST SO FRUSTRATING HAVING FINISHED MEDICAL ASSISTING PROGRAM SINCE SEPT. 2010 AND NOT GETTING A JOB. ALL JOBS REQUIRE EXPERIENCE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IF YOU NEVER GET A CHANCE TO WORK. IS THERE SOMEONE THAT WAS BORN WITH EXPERIENCE. I AM A MOTHER OF 3 I DID MA TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT MY HUSBAND WHO IS A REALTOR AND NOT REALLY MAKING A LOT TO CATER FOR FIVE. I HAD 10000 DOLLARS OF STUDENT LOAN ON MY HEAD, HOW DO I PAY THIS LOAN, HOW DO I GET A LIFE,HOW DO I CARE FOR MY CHILDREN ,WITH ALL MY GOOD ATTENDANCE, 4.0 GPA, NOTHING IS PAYING AFTERALL. IF ANYONE IS READING THIS AND REALLY LOVE TO GET ME OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT CAN YOU PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND SAVE SOME PRECIOUS LIVES (funketemi@yahoo.com)

There is no point in giving up on life, always have a positive attitude and hope for the best and prepare for the worst.Be bold and face the challenges in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

24 months ago

ervinn in Pflugerville, Texas said: Thanks. I am going to take the National (NHA) exam after I complete my hours at the hospital . I am now studying for it. I just would like to pass it because I have this anxiety to tests for some reason.

My niece is a Medical Assitant and she had the same problem. They told her to find a nursing home in a poor area to get her foot in the door.

She did and said that was the worst job of her life but that is how she got "experience".

Ponniece in Laurens, South Carolina

23 months ago

Bedpan_Betty in Antioch, California said: I too was extremely frustrated after graduating from my Medical Assistant course. I have some info to share that may be of help.

I started out my job search aggressively by sending out cover letters and resumes in response to any medical assistant listing I came across. Next, I decided to apply to any other job listings which offered job responsibilities similar to those of a medical assistant. My theory: get my foot in the door, wow them with my skills, and become next in line to fill an open medical assistant spot. I learned that this was probably not such a good idea. I read somewhere online that this practice might indicate to a potential employer that you're unfocused (confuses them as to what type of job you're truly looking for) or you're desperate for a paycheck.

My first suggestion is to create a portfolio for yourself. Invest in a nice presentation binder with enough tabs for categories such as cover letter, resume, certificates, references, samples of work (docs created in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, if you want that considered as one of your selling points), etc. In each section, have a three-hole punched, clear plastic sleeve to slip in copies of the doc labeled for that section. Now you can easily compile a "complete package" for mailings, interviews, or distribution at a job fair. This portfolio will become your job search bible-- not to mention that it looks very impressive to recruiters and hiring managers.

My second suggestion is to conduct some research into temp agencies in your area. There are some specifically for medical jobs. If you need "experience", this is the best way for a potential employer to see how you perform on the job. You'll keep your skills current, gain confidence, and stand a better chance of being hired.

Hello Betty, Read a lot of post. Yours was most encouraging. Thankyou.

Ponniece in Laurens, South Carolina

23 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: My niece is a Medical Assitant and she had the same problem. They told her to find a nursing home in a poor area to get her foot in the door.

She did and said that was the worst job of her life but that is how she got "experience".

Got to do what you have to do. As much as I would hate to work in a nasty nursing home (and I have), I would again to get the exper.

syrone nero in fort worth, Texas

23 months ago

For

Bluetea in Texas said: My niece is a Medical Assitant and she had the same problem. They told her to find a nursing home in a poor area to get her foot in the door.

That's not a true statement at all! I have 12yrs on nursing home experience and I graduated from a ma school 3yrs ago without any luck and I recently had to retest for my rma a because I let it lapse but I passede my test with shelling out 85 dollars for it but now I'm in the same situation I still can't find any one willing to hire even with patient care experience that I have! Very frustrated!

Linda in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

nurse45 in San Antonio, Texas said: HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR FIRST JOB IF ALL THE JOBS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD REQUIRE EXPERIENCE, JOBS DON'T WANT NEW GRADS.

these days to be a medical assistant you need to have family members who work in the place are your related to the doctor in newyork city in reality it is not easy to find a job.

Linda in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

Angelap in North Richland Hills, Texas said: I just recently graduated from Medical Assisting school in November, Im so upset because I cant find a job. Everytime I have an interview I get a letter or an email saying they hired someone with more experience. They have so many schools turning out thousands of MA's with no luck with a job. All these schools are making good money promising a bright future. They get there money and were stuck paying back money for nothing.

Thats because people there are hiring people they know , If not family members or lover.

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

16 months ago

Bedpan_Betty in Antioch, California said: I too was extremely frustrated after graduating from my Medical Assistant course. I have some info to share that may be of help.

I started out my job search aggressively by sending out cover letters and resumes in response to any medical assistant listing I came across. Next, I decided to apply to any other job listings which offered job responsibilities similar to those of a medical assistant. My theory: get my foot in the door, wow them with my skills, and become next in line to fill an open medical assistant spot. I learned that this was probably not such a good idea. I read somewhere online that this practice might indicate to a potential employer that you're unfocused (confuses them as to what type of job you're truly looking for) or you're desperate for a paycheck.

My first suggestion is to create a portfolio for yourself. Invest in a nice presentation binder with enough tabs for categories such as cover letter, resume, certificates, references, samples of work (docs created in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, if you want that considered as one of your selling points), etc. In each section, have a three-hole punched, clear plastic sleeve to slip in copies of the doc labeled for that section. Now you can easily compile a "complete package" for mailings, interviews, or distribution at a job fair. This portfolio will become your job search bible-- not to mention that it looks very impressive to recruiters and hiring managers.

My second suggestion is to conduct some research into temp agencies in your area. There are some specifically for medical jobs. If you need "experience", this is the best way for a potential employer to see how you perform on the job. You'll keep your skills current, gain confidence, and stand a better chance of being hired.

I live just north of Los Angeles. I just completed by 160 hours of medical assistant externship. Temp agencies want you to have 1 year of experience.

CSfr in Cambridge, Massachusetts

16 months ago

If you guys are trained as medical assistants, perhaps you could consider trying to get certified as a EMT/paramedic. Though the hours aren't ideal and the work can be stressful, at least where I am, they are definitely looking to hire more EMTs/paramedics. There are very fast paced versions of the EMT course that only take a few months, and you'd know a lot of the material as medical assistants.

MA in Westchester County,New York in Peekskill, New York

15 months ago

New York is no better. I have been out of school since 2010 and graduated with honors and perfect attendence, but can't seen to a get a medical assistant position without 2-5 years experience. I did wait a while to start looking; just a few months. This was because of 2 very ill parents that had to be taken care of first. After all, that's what I thought medicine was all about. Because I waited and didn't jump into any position, I feel now I am being penalized. This is very unfair, but I have no regrets on putting my parents first. Unfortunately, they are no longer here. Wish someone would take the time to understand.

15 months ago

I live just north of Los Angeles and doctor's offices also want bilingual Spanish. I am a 52 year old white guy who is a new medical assistant grad and everyone wants at least 1 year experience. No one want to hire new grad.

Yan Turner in Philly, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

I want all the ppl on this forum to have hope and not be so discouraged! It can be done. I am in a job where I am an MA but I have never had training as an MA. My title is reproductive health center assistant. Just a fancy title for an MA. All of my co-workers completed training as MA except me. Just hang in there and good luck

Janelin Diaz in Chula Vista, California

13 months ago

I recently moved from New York City to San Diego, CA. I worked in NY as an MA but I had to leave my job because my husband is in the military and got station in San Diego. It have been really hard to find a job. Does anybody knows a place in where i can apply. I have applied to more than 200 job and have got an interview in 3 different places but didn't get hire.

Sara Jones in Fenton, Michigan

13 months ago

It's been 4 years for me that I graduated from Ross to become and MA no luck
I've tried everything and I called the school a little over a month ago and they said I'm the only student that couldn't find a job that made me feel worthless we can't get experience unless someone hires us but docs and clinics don't care and they should be hiring inexperienced people so they can mold them the way they want.

kina in Arlington, Virginia

13 months ago

I'm in the same boat you guys.We just have to have faith. I'll be praying for you guys and hang in there!

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Sara Jones in Fenton, Michigan said: It's been 4 years for me that I graduated from Ross to become and MA no luck
I've tried everything and I called the school a little over a month ago and they said I'm the only student that couldn't find a job that made me feel worthless we can't get experience unless someone hires us but docs and clinics don't care and they should be hiring inexperienced people so they can mold them the way they want.

My niece had a heck of a time getting her first job without experience.

sf,new york in Peekskill, New York

13 months ago

To EVERY JOB REQUIRES EXPERIENCE

It's sad that you have to feel so worthless when you worked so hard to get where you are. Everyone wants an experienced MA, but the fact of the matter is, that they are going to train you for their practice anyway. So, I don't get it. I am out over 3 years with no luck and no help from the school. They have changed career counselors and externship coordinators and they have no idea what anyone is doing. I was offered another internship for a healthcare facility until I researched myself and found out it was for collections and phone calls. I studied the clinical area and you would think they would know that since I am still paying off a $32,000 bill!

I wish all of you luck and I hope we all find something soon.

13 months ago

Betsy21 in El Cajon, California said: I have applied to over 100 jobs. I am on this computer day and night applying for jobs. It's crazy! San Diego, CA
I am on unemployment and it is about to run out.

I am in the same situation. And alot of doctors offices want you to speak Spanish as well.

Sf in Ossining, New York

13 months ago

I understand what your saying. It's crazy. I just hope someone out there gives us all a chance.

cuban25 in Tampa, Florida

9 months ago

Yanna in Gresham, Oregon said: parent planhood is in need of a extern...good luck

we are on the same page but aint that hard is just the way you search for a ma job , working as a cna before is a huge advantage there are low income clinics that hires students after graduation they even train you in the skills you might be weak

8 months ago

i graduated in april 2013 , i did my externship with a cuban doctor no luck so i have an answer for those of you struggling to get a ma job w expirience dont waste your time people without experience is a waste of time i was told to make babysteps and i finally understand we have to start as cna ,or phlebotomist anything that means related to the healthfield will get you right at the door ,its frustrating and tiring bills doesnt pay by them-selves so being realistic is what do you need to become a ma otherwise youll have to start in another job

8 months ago

dont cry over spilled milk is useless wont worth your time and efforts. so step 1 . start as a cna,or home health aide , phlebotomist, anything related to the healthfield , once you hold onto that job believe me you can start applying for those ma jobs you want , also look for low income clinics , BE REALISTIC WITHOUT EXPIRIENCE YOUR APPLICATION WILL END UP IN THE TRASH CAN

tanjagardner in Houston, Texas

7 months ago

sadeyes13778 in Mcallen, Texas said: I know what you mean, I graduated on July 2007 and have had no luck in getting a job. why? no experience. I did my externship at a hospital and with 2 of my friends, and we didn't get hired. Now I'm stuck with thousands of dollars in debt but no job.

Same here, I graduated in 2009 and am still looking for a Medical Assistant Job. I graduated with honors and always had good reviews, but two things are hindering, first in Houston TX you have to be bilingual and have experience. NO job and thousands of dollars in debt.

gemelan@yahoo.com in York, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

I am a 2013 grad with a CMA,A.A.S, years of experience in healthcare,a current member of my local AAMA chapter, and still can't get a JOB as a CMA. Really?????... It's amusing. A requirement for the majority of the MA positions is that you are certified which is fine if you have a job as a CMA or CEO that supports the fees to remain just that.lol However, having said that the ones who are not as lucky are falling between the cracks. WHY??? One reason is that the supply of CMA's (with thousands more graduating each year)is considerably higher than the demand. Hence, employers can be more selective in choosing their employees. Its all about the money. If they hire someone with a years experience their time and cost are greatly reduced. So I'm asking how do we combat this????? We all have invested time and thousands of dollars for a good education that is useless to us. I've contacted my school for assistance and was told sorry we can't help you. What really???? I helped you meet your quota for your funding of the program and now you can't help me. What a joke.. I'm so upset and the icing on the cake was when I received my reup for my certification in the mail. Why bother????? I have re directed my daughter and anyone I meet that is interested in becoming a CMA to take the extra mile and go for the RN. And yes, before I receive many comments stating that RN,s are overworked, have to work overnights, and do mounds of paperwork; I get it! But on the other hand, supply and demand for RN's is higher now than CMA's and of course the pay is better.

Thanks and happy job hunting!

Susie in Long Beach, California

6 months ago

It is so true, I finished my Medical Administrative Assistant course in 2012 and still no luck in finding a job. Every time you look at a job posting, its either they want 1 to 3 years experienced . If no one is willing to hire someone who finish their course , how are we going to get the experienced.

Its frustrating looking and everywhere wants experienced. I even call around and ask to volunteer , so I could get the experienced, still no facility wants that.

What to do?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.