Employer wants to send me to MA school... need help with online options?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kate in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Hello,

I work for a cardiology office currently as a front office person. My manager offered to send me to MA school and pay 1/2 the fees if I can continue to work at the office. This would work out great for me so I am looking at an online option. They told me I can come back to the office as an intern and then continue on with them so I already have a job plan! Any suggestions for a good online school that has the right certifications in case I eventually want to go on to be a physician's assistant? Thank you for any advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SD Girl in Fallbrook, California

30 months ago

Hi:

I am in a similar situation. I took medical front office course and am now working in a front desk role. I would also like to take medical assisting and phlebotomy as well. Boston Reed college offers the MA program at various locations in San Diego county as well as CA. The classes are typically all day Saturday, which is great if you already work. I also plan to intern at my company. Their program is about 4-5 months long. There is also a company called US Colleges that offers MA training on a flexible schedule. They have a San Diego location. I don't know of any online programs. I think because you need a lot of hands on clinical training, which would be hard to do online. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.