Is Medical assistant high in demand? (SACRAMENTO,CA)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mina lee in Orangevale, California

58 months ago

Hi

I am considering to go to school for medical assistant. I found that SJVC in Rancho cordova has good medical assistant program ( 6 month/$12,000). But some people said that new graduated MAs are difficult to find job becuase many employers require at least one year experience. Is it true? Before I register to the school, I'd love to hear from you guys whoever invlove in MA. Please let me know, Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robbie in Scottsdale, Arizona

58 months ago

Hi Mina, I graduated this past February, I have a back ground as a Nursing Assistant. No one is hiring new grads.. I am so sorry I wasted the time and money to go back to school. I looks like the 2 things you need is either luck getting hired by the place you do your internship with OR you know someone that will hire you. So unless you have 1 yr minimum, no ones calling for interviews let alone hiring. Only 1 person from my class is working as an MA. Go to a community college or get an RN or LPN. Don't waste $12,000 they will promise you everything and deliver nothing. I went to the Arizona College of Allied Health and it's a rip-off. Sorry, really wish i hadn't wasted my money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

diana in Sacramento, California

58 months ago

SJVC in rancho cordova's m.a. program is an associate degree program. it's 14 months and it's roughly 24,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Volunteer in Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona

29 months ago

I graduated 2 years ago October 2010 but I couldn't find a job. Companies needs years of experience. It's a total waste of time and I can't get my money back. My unsubsidized loan keeps on accruing like hell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.