Looking for a medical assistant position in the philadelphia area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (45)

Annie in Devault, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

I have been looking for work as a medical assistant for 4 months now. I've sent my resume to every hospital, clinic, doctor's office that I can think of and still no luck. What am I doing wrong? I am starting to get discouraged. Does anyone know of anyplace in the Philadelphia area that is hiring medical assistants with less than one year of experience? Every place seems to want people with at least a year of experience. How am I supposed to get experience without getting my first job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Terri

89 months ago

Annie in Devault, Pennsylvania said: I have been looking for work as a medical assistant for 4 months now. I've sent my resume to every hospital, clinic, doctor's office that I can think of and still no luck. What am I doing wrong? I am starting to get discouraged. Does anyone know of anyplace in the Philadelphia area that is hiring medical assistants with less than one year of experience? Every place seems to want people with at least a year of experience. How am I supposed to get experience without getting my first job?
I went to school and graduated in 2006. I
then went to work for a temp. agency to get job experience. The Doc's there let me work as a float which enabled me to learn and experience a lot of internal workings of a Doctor's office. The kind of stuff you don't think of when you think of becoming a Medical Assistant. I worked their for 8 Mos. then the practice was bought out and they brought in their own staff. I was unemployed for 6 wks. But the stuff I learned in that office looks great on a resume. I'm currently
only working part time now. and concentrating on my
boards. Good luck and keep your chin up it will get better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in Woodburn, Oregon

89 months ago

Terri said: I went to school and graduated in 2006. I
then went to work for a temp. agency to get job experience. The Doc's there let me work as a float which enabled me to learn and experience a lot of internal workings of a Doctor's office. The kind of stuff you don't think of when you think of becoming a Medical Assistant. I worked their for 8 Mos. then the practice was bought out and they brought in their own staff. I was unemployed for 6 wks. But the stuff I learned in that office looks great on a resume. I'm currently
only working part time now. and concentrating on my
boards. Good luck and keep your chin up it will get better.

Yeah, to get your foot in the door you usually got to start as relief or float and then you can work your way in internally. All the people I know from school that is how they got their first job--or they got it through their extern site. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. Andrade in Kissimmee, Florida

86 months ago

Annie in Devault, Pennsylvania said: I have been looking for work as a medical assistant for 4 months now. I've sent my resume to every hospital, clinic, doctor's office that I can think of and still no luck. What am I doing wrong? I am starting to get discouraged. Does anyone know of anyplace in the Philadelphia area that is hiring medical assistants with less than one year of experience? Every place seems to want people with at least a year of experience. How am I supposed to get experience without getting my first job?

My boss is looking for a medical assistant. SEnd your resume to 10151 University BLvd. # 127 Orlando, FL 32817.
Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

annie in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Dr. Andrade in Kissimmee, Florida said: My boss is looking for a medical assistant. SEnd your resume to 10151 University BLvd. # 127 Orlando, FL 32817.
Thanks,

Thank you. I definitely will be sending my resume as soon as possible. Thank you again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jessie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I got my first job straight out of school. Try Crozer, they will hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamilla staton in Schaumburg, Illinois

81 months ago

well i graduate nov 7,2008 and i can work for you becuase im about become a CMA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tierra White in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I'm a proffesional hard working adult seeking employment as a Medical Asstant. i'm a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, that has experiance in Plebotomy and EKG. I have a updated resume please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda Lee in Des Moines, Iowa

81 months ago

Iam a medical assistant and i will be moving to seaside oregon in Aug 2008, from des moines iowa. I would like help in finding a temporary agency that staffs medical assistants. Iam also a cna and have had some lpn classes, can you please help me to get established or at least prepared before i move there, my end goal is to start a homebased business as a medical billing and coding rep. My number is 515 577 2345

Joylyn in Jamaica, New York

80 months ago

I'm a certified medical assistant seeking full time/part time employment within the New York area, i have graduated in 2004 and have never fulfil my dreams of working as a medical assistant i have sended my resume to hospitals, clinic, doctor's office and i've even try temp agencies but of course no luck. But i'm no giving up, with the health of the good lord i will find something.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Colorado Springs, Colorado

78 months ago

Is it at possible to become a licensed medical assistant in 6 months?

Nancy in Rowlett, Texas

77 months ago

I'm looking for a medical assistant job in the Dallas area. I've went to school and also externed for 200 hours. I have sent out over 63 resumes and only had 2 interviews..Anyone in the Dallas area hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

krmellver in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

need a job in new york city by the beginning of november or december as a medical assistant please contact me by email thank you desperate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

saundra in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

AM a medical assistant looking for a job , i have been without a job for 2 months. Dose anyone know where in Phoenix AZ that hiring.

Shanell

74 months ago

I am a very persistant,multi-task,patient comforter, team player, that would do whatever it takes to make your company grow and the most talked about office in your area... If you are looking for some one of this critia in the Northwest Indiana/ chicagoland area please contact me at LadieShanell@gmail.com for a resume'

Nancy in Rowlett, Texas

74 months ago

Does anyone in the Dallas, Texas area know of any openings for Medical Assistant.
I have experience in the field of ENT.

Thanks,
Nancy T

GBacon in Charleston, South Carolina

74 months ago

I to have recently finished a 6 month coarse in medical assistant; I have tried staffing companies here in South Carolina and still no luck. Please any one that needs a medical assitant in the Charleston, SC area. I am willing to grow with the company and also learn more to what I already know.
Ive been looking for work for about 3 and half months and no sucess yet.
I am willing to float, to gain that years experience, because alot of companies ask you to have experience working in a office before you come to them, but what if you just got out of school. Then what ?

Lilette in Manahawkin, New Jersey

74 months ago

Good luck to ya. I've been looking for work for almost 4 years!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GBacon in Charleston, South Carolina

74 months ago

Thsnk You, I am not only looking in the healthcare field but other areas also and nothing. I thought maybe it had something to do about the state that I am in and the city but I see others are struggling to find same.

Em in Lynnwood, Washington

73 months ago

I have 1 year experience as a medical assistant, in my last job that i work in this month she give me 2 weeks notice already and i never find a job yet, because i was looking for a fulltime job that i can provide and give education for my son. I suppose to give her a 2 weeks notice. but then when i told her that can i stay until i found a job and my manager said no this is your 2 weeks notice. my question, is she doing the right thing or is she wrong for giving me a 2 weeks notice? and now i have a hard time looking for a jobs and specially am single mom with alot to pay a bills. alot of people saying that i should do a file them a court for my situation.

Monique Velasquez in Stockton, California

72 months ago

I just graduated from Kaplan College and I didn't get hired off my extern site. I'm a little disappointed but, what can I say the Doctor wasn't hiring. I want to learn more. I want to get more experience. I think I might have to just get more education in my pocket as a CNA, LVN, or maybe RN. Pray for me. Thank You.

I'm in the San Joaquin County if you have any information for me my email is moniquevelasquez125@hotmail.com
please comment or give me advice.

Monique Velasquez in Stockton, California

72 months ago

Lilette in Manahawkin, New Jersey said: Good luck to ya. I've been looking for work for almost 4 years!

wow that's a long time.. i'm so sorry. it seems like medical assistants are just a dime a dozen nowadays.

Sherie nettles

72 months ago

I have been looking for a medical assistant position in Charlotte,NC. I graduated in Aug 08 from Mandl School in NYC, and had a 3 month externship. I have submitted my resume to hospitals, doctors office, and temp agency. The temp agencies want someone with 1 year experience, but where do you start? Does anyone know about a doctors office or hospital that would hire an entry level MA? Thanks in advance

Nancy in Rowlett, Texas

72 months ago

put you RESUME on craigslist...every month....under Medical Assistant... it finally worked for me...after 7 months... hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

Contact Dr. Jeffrey Lindenbaum, I worked for him for many years. He is truly the best out there. I was one of his Clinical Office Managers when he was in Bensalem, Pa. He is now in Oxford Valley.

I was told by him years ago "forget what you learned in school, you're gonna learn the right way!!!" And ....he was right.

Sue

millz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

well do u know if he will hire a student that graduated because im interested

sue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

millz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: well do u know if he will hire a student that graduated because im interested

call the office, the only thing you can do is try. he's in the makefield executive quarters. you will have to call information for his number. this site won't allow me to post his phone number.

try all of the local hospitals also. an MA can work in any area of the health field.
best of luck, sue

Amy in Surprise, Arizona

70 months ago

I graduated in September of 2008 and I am still looking for a job! That was 5 months ago and I am starting to think I got ripped off! How am I supposed to pay back my student loans without a job! Even my career placement at the school has not helped me at all!I feel the same way,how am I suppossed to get experience if I can't even get a job..Ridiculous if you ask me..

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee

70 months ago

If any of you are still struggling with trying to find a job, I have a position in the dermatology industry.I have a ground floor business in the dermatology industry that is growing rapidly. Our main target demographic is addressing the big problem of sun damage. You must be highly motivated with a very clear vision. Both sales and management experience will be a huge benefit but not necessary. We are seeing very lucrative incomes and are working to expand across the country. If this fits you, contact me and I will give you the details.

Amy in Surprise, Arizona

70 months ago

are you going to be expanding to Phoenix,Arizona by chance? If so I am definitly interested.

power for a purpose in Franklin, Tennessee

70 months ago

Absolutely. Is it possible for us to chat on the phone?

Toan in Castro Valley, California

70 months ago

I can hook yoo up with a great work! contact me at lytoan@rocketmail.com

mysty in Randolph, New Jersey

70 months ago

Amy in Surprise, Arizona said: I graduated in September of 2008 and I am still looking for a job! That was 5 months ago and I am starting to think I got ripped off! How am I supposed to pay back my student loans without a job! Even my career placement at the school has not helped me at all!I feel the same way,how am I suppossed to get experience if I can't even get a job..Ridiculous if you ask me..

You are so right, I have been trying for years now and have had no luck. I have tried, thank goodness I still have secretarial skills and others. I would rather be a nurse instead of being treated so badly.

Amy in Surprise, Arizona

70 months ago

Sure..could you send me a message through my email and I will give you my phone number? It's amyhardy@rocketmail.com.Thank You.

Keme in Pasadena, California

70 months ago

Sherie nettles said: I have been looking for a medical assistant position in Charlotte,NC. I graduated in Aug 08 from Mandl School in NYC, and had a 3 month externship. I have submitted my resume to hospitals, doctors office, and temp agency. The temp agencies want someone with 1 year experience, but where do you start? Does anyone know about a doctors office or hospital that would hire an entry level MA? Thanks in advance

Hi

Im going to Mandl school im starting in Sep. Im going for my CMA and associates degree. Can you share with me how the school is and also if they are helping you find any jobs, one more thing do they have CAAHET?

covertalibi.com

70 months ago

********JOB REFERENCES********

CovertAlibi.com provides job references.
go to www.covertalibi.com to set up your references today.
promo code "CHICAGO" waives your membership fee for job reference services through May 2009.

lovingamalia2009 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

do alot of community service and if they like what you do and how you work you could get hired rite there in the spot.

Vanessa in Stockton, California

60 months ago

Monique Velasquez in Stockton, California said: I just graduated from Kaplan College and I didn't get hired off my extern site. I'm a little disappointed but, what can I say the Doctor wasn't hiring. I want to learn more. I want to get more experience. I think I might have to just get more education in my pocket as a CNA, LVN, or maybe RN. Pray for me. Thank You.

I'm in the San Joaquin County if you have any information for me my email is moniquevelasquez125@hotmail.com
please comment or give me advice.

Hi there!

I was just wondering if you have found anything in the medical assisting field yet. The only reason I ask is that my husband is taking classes at Kaplan right now and I was wondering if you might have any advise from your experience/search.

Thanks!

md in West Des Moines, Iowa

48 months ago

How about working in des moine region

Shelly, CCMA in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

I do understand your frustration I recently graduated in the same field Medical Assistant in houston, TX and its been 4months and the demand is 1yr or bilingual only this is ridiculous!! Our school is falsely advertising they assist with job placement upon graduation they should have linked with companies that hire students with less than a year training , but dont be discourage kepp on looking and considered volunteering thats one way you can continue to utilize your clinical skills and be recognized for your knowledge. Good Luck

nichole23 in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

I went to a medical assistant school and finish the program . i recently just got my certification for being a medical assistant.I have about one year experience. I been looking for a job in Las Vegas for over a month . I done posted resumes to different jobs and hospitals and i haven't had any luck. Do anybody know any jobs looking for Medical assistants? or where can i go to help me. If so please let me know.I really need a job.

muna in New Britain, Connecticut

43 months ago

i went to medical assistant school and i finish the porgram with gpa 3.68 i finshed the school in august 2010 i took 4 lungung i still loking for job....

icelily20 in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

muna in New Britain, Connecticut said: i went to medical assistant school and i finish the porgram with gpa 3.68 i finshed the school in august 2010 i took 4 lungung i still loking for job....

I know an MA that works at a hospital, she got 2 year MA degree and then she did bedside type work. Ekgs, she trained in emt,and cpr.

saji in Carson, California

40 months ago

hi guys, anybody know who is hiring in corona, california or orange county california for any medical assistants? I got my certificate from vancouver, B.C. Please email sloganathan@yahoo.com

Janet Rostro staffing specialist in Northbrook, Illinois

38 months ago

I have a position available for a medical assistant in the city of bloomington IL
Must be billingual (spanish/english) let me know if you are intrested send your resume to jrostro@mvp360staffing.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.