MA's and flexibility

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Michael R. in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

Hello,
I'm a pre-nursing student and I'm thinking about going to MA school. Since I will be applying to Nursing school next month I want to be able to work as an MA during nursing school (that's if i get accepted).I'm just wondering about the flexibility of an MA, such as part-time, per diem, or night shift. Is it worth it? The program is about $400. Or should I just go to CNA school...I know there is some flexibilty there..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

Guide

An MA program at $400?! That may be worth it,the anguish I mean if you don't find a job. That isn't a lot to lose like the other programs are at thousands. A CNA course can be less than $500 and will prepare you more for nursing,at least in patient care duties.

MAs don't work in hospitals for the most part so there is no night shift. Most are not on call at clinics. You either find a job or you don't. There is really no in between,I am sorry to say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shanta in baton rouge in Garyville, Louisiana

73 months ago

Michael R. in Los Angeles, California said: Hello,
I'm a pre-nursing student and I'm thinking about going to MA school. Since I will be applying to Nursing school next month I want to be able to work as an MA during nursing school (that's if i get accepted).I'm just wondering about the flexibility of an MA, such as part-time, per diem, or night shift. Is it worth it? The program is about $400. Or should I just go to CNA school...I know there is some flexibilty there..?

i suggest u go to lpn school MA don't make a lot of money between 9-12 dollars depending on where u find a job i have been an MA for 9 years and if i could do it over i would just go to lpn school for 3-5 more months and be licensced. and MA programs are nor $400 they betwwen 6500- 10000 depending where u go if u were told otherwise u may have been told the prine of CNA school which is only 7- 10 weeks not months. your best bet is to go to lpn school and then after u graduate do the lpn to rn program for 2 years and then u don't struggle and not make pennies. my email if u have more questions is smart1124@yahoo.com good luck hope all i said helped u or anyone who has seen this !!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.