Medical Assistant Vs. LVN in California

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Mac's Mommy in Canyon Country, California

45 months ago

I'm a single mother to a 4 month old and I have been looking into getting a job in the medical field, but I'm a little concerned about some things. I obviously need to be in a position that will make enough to support my daughter and I. So, I'm trying to decide between becoming a MA or an LVN and which would be my best option. I was told by my friend, who is a certified nursing assistant, that most hospitals are not currently hiring LVNs. That is a bit of a concern for me if it's true. I'm worried that once I go through the schooling to become an LVN I will not be able to find work. I was also wondering if anyone knows whether medical offices in CA prefer to hire MAs or LVNs? I ask about CA specifically because I know that the scope of practice between the two professions varies with each state. On average, what are the pay rates for each profession? I've looked into attending Charter College but I would like to know if there are options other than a trade type school to become a medical assistant or LVN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.