Medical Assistant certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Lianna in Berwyn, Illinois

43 months ago

Hello,
I am wondering if someone out there can answer this question for me. I am a non-certified medication assistant/phlebotomist at a cancer facility. I started ourt as a receptionist and even did some medical office billing and scheduling. I have done everything a certified medical assistant would do on a normal day. I have been doing this job for 6 years now with on the job training. I now would like to become certified. I wanted to know is it possible to become certified without enrolling in school and taking classes? Can I just study and register for the certifications or is it necessary to enroll in school for a 2 year program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt, NCMA in Salt Lake City, Utah

43 months ago

Lianna in Berwyn, Illinois said: Hello,
I am wondering if someone out there can answer this question for me. I am a non-certified medication assistant/phlebotomist at a cancer facility. I started ourt as a receptionist and even did some medical office billing and scheduling. I have done everything a certified medical assistant would do on a normal day. I have been doing this job for 6 years now with on the job training. I now would like to become certified. I wanted to know is it possible to become certified without enrolling in school and taking classes? Can I just study and register for the certifications or is it necessary to enroll in school for a 2 year program?

Hello, Yes it's possible to become Certificated. Go to the (AAMA) or (AMT). They will be glad to help you with all you need. Now you will have to show proof that you have been doing Medical Assisting duties for more than five years, and he you will have to show proof of continuing education, and last you will have to pay to take the exam. I hope this help.

KEISHA in Colorado Springs, Colorado

37 months ago

Lianna in Berwyn, Illinois said: Hello,

YOU CAN TAKE A TWO DAY CLASS AND BECOME CERTIFIED THE COST IS MINIMAL AND, YOU'LL BE CERTIFIED. GOOD LUCK N CONTINUING YOUR EDUCATION IN YOUR CAREER.

KEISHA in Colorado Springs, Colorado

37 months ago

THERE'S A TWO DAY CLSSS MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS THE COST IS MINIMAL AND YOU'LL B CERTIFIED. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR CAREER.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.