Medical Asst - need experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jennifer in Austin, Texas

34 months ago

How do you get a job fresh out of college when every Medical Asst position available requires experience??? How do you get experience if no one will hire you the first time????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in West Palm Beach, Florida

34 months ago

Jennifer in Austin, Texas said: How do you get a job fresh out of college when every Medical Asst position available requires experience??? How do you get experience if no one will hire you the first time????

Jennifer,

I know what you mean. I graduated summer of 2010 and still haven't found work. I even got my certification this January thinking it would up my chances...but still nothing. Thankfully back in May I began volunteering at a clinic. I record BP and review pt chart. I also work in the sterilization room as well. Volunteering is a great way to get some experience and it is a good way to network. Everyone at the clinic knows I am a CMA looking for work and they notify me of any openings. If you don't have your certificaton I highly recommend getting it. Don't give up. Search online, the paper....have you tried just dropping off your resume? It couldn't hurt.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.