My MA school isn't CAAHEP accredited, but they make us think we can take the test?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kiarbola in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

I've been going to Anthem Institute in Springfield, PA, I will be done in another month. Problem is that they aren't CAAHEP or ABHES (?) accredited either. They keep telling us that we can take the test for a CMA, but if they aren't an accredited program, how is that even possible for us to take it? Also they haven't even found an extern site for me yet and I only have another 4 weeks to go. Did anyone else encounter a program that wasn't accredited and what did you do? I read the eligiblilty requirements for the test and I'm not eligible because of my program not being accredited. I dont know what to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maricar in Lodi, New Jersey

50 months ago

yes you have to be careful about those school not accredited by CAAHEP or ABHES because u are just wasting your money.they are a lot of school offering the medical assitant program but they are not accredited, u can go to CAAHEP or ABHES website to find it out if they are accredited. Its always updated. U can get a job even u are not certified but mostly employer hired certified or registered MA and from accredited school, And they pay u more and get promoted.. lot of oppurtunities if you go to school with CAAHEP or ABHES accredited. Hope it helps you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.