National Healthcareer Association for MA Certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 310 of 310)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

Vicki in Campbellsport, Wisconsin

11 months ago

D. Polick (CHI) in Rahway, New Jersey said: NHA / The National Healthcareer Association exam is different and i think its more relevant,also the NHA exam has phlebotomy and EKG certification as part of the exam, I am an instructor and i like to have my students come out of the exam with Multiple skills/ certifications as they get that from the CCMA exam!/so my answer is NHA exam is better..
D. Polick(CHI)

Can you work in Wisconsin with this certification

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

CV Folks are good in London, United Kingdom

11 months ago

Also you may need a good CV or resume writer for medical or care assistant CV which is available here : www.cvfolks.co.uk/care-assistant-cv-writing-services/ hope this helps. they are good and very professional CV writers.

Reply - Report abuse

charlenabonds in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

11 months ago

Dose anyone know if their certificate from NHA can be trader to another state. I would like to move from Illinois to Georgia or Florida but I am not sure if I can you my certificates.

Reply - Report abuse

Ellin in Atlanta, Georgia

10 months ago

D. Polick (CHI) in Rahway, New Jersey said: NHA / The National Healthcareer Association exam is different and i think its more relevant,also the NHA exam has phlebotomy and EKG certification as part of the exam, I am an instructor and i like to have my students come out of the exam with Multiple skills/ certifications as they get that from the CCMA exam!/so my answer is NHA exam is better..
D. Polick(CHI)

I agree! I obtained my CCMA(included my CPT, CET,) about 20 years ago! I have done wonders with my certification. From managing back office Clinical Coordinator, to an ER Tech in a high volume face paced ER For the last 10 years. Oh, when I first obtained my certification, I also worked in the lab at the hospital to become very competent with straight sticks & drawing labs. I can go to their web site anytime for any questions and maintain and keep. all CEU's current. I have also seen on some job postings the employer will only accept applicants from a few schools, and NHA is one of them!! That itself says a lot!

Reply - Report abuse

nane in Georgia

8 months ago

I have been In Raleigh, N.C. all of 3 mnths now constantly applying for medical assisting jobs and constantly being turned down I have had my certification through NHA for about 4 or 5 yrs. while I was back home in MD, I never experienced this but life happened and i had to move I can't understand why it's being constantly unaccepted here when the curriculum is basically the same I know this because I have a friend who just graduated from a NC medical assisting program he got his AAMA

Reply - Report abuse

TaylorMadeForYou in Sumter, South Carolina

5 months ago

I have been a MA for the ladder part of 2 yrs. The trouble I'm finding is that most places in my state only want AAMA, or AMT I am certified through NHA. While some places accept NHA they are of the lower of the credential. As of now I am looking into switching over. I also find that while the field is in high demand it is very hard to obtain a job within the field. Are any of you finding it as difficult as I am?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

TaylorMadeForYou in Sumter, South Carolina

5 months ago

gingerrobbins in Lakeland, Florida said: I can buy my AMT which also gives me a RMA. I will be a CMA/RMA. When you are a medical Assistant you are qualified to do phlebotomy, ekg's, and anything else the doctor wants you to do. After 5 years of being a CMA, I don't even have to test for the RMA. I can buy it. You can never buy a CMA(AAMA), you have to go to a accredited (CAAHEP) school and take the accreditation test. People check these schools out. They are charging big bucks and they are not properly accredited, that is why they tell people the NHA is just as good, or whatever organization they endorse. The AAMA or the AMT are the only truly recognized organizations. This group is made up of Doctors and Nurses. These schools go through a rigorous accreditation process.

I'm finding that it is very difficult to get into the hospital in my state without having AAMA, or AMT. While I'm certified through NHA I'm seeing that it is not as accepted as the others. Now, I am in the process of switching over, but even then I am told that I would have to go through the complete course all over UGH!!! really what sense does any of that make?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jon in Brooklyn, New York

3 months ago

wandab in Detroit, Michigan said: Thanks for your reply. So you have had no problems with the certification being legit? They offer a home study refreshers course I want to take prior to taking the exam. I will be living here in Michigan until Jan. 2009 and moving to Orlando Forida and don't want to have any problems. I want to work in OB and go back to school for an ultrasound tech, just don't want to waste money I could have used for some pre-req classes.

Thanks again.

i paid 188 at my school to take 3, i didn't know about pass just ccma and pay more for that, is that true?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

london123 in Atlanta, Georgia

2 months ago

So I have taken the test in 2011 at school. Passed. Just took it again to reinstate my CCMA. This time I failed badly. To me the study guide from NHA had nothing to do with the exam given by PSI. I have been a MA for 7 yrs. and have never done anything the exam questioned about. Of course the test was different from when I took it back in 2011. Are there real CCMA giving suggestion for the exam. Because a lot of the questions were for a LPN/RN question, from my point of view. Any suggestions for me to pass a second time?

Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Jacksonville, Florida

23 days ago

D. Polick(CHI)

I am studying through US Career Institute and they say to also get NHA certification so your saying Florida accepts this

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.